Waves || Christian Yu

By blu_fics

A story for my lovely brown girls 🌻 Inspired by Normani's "Waves" "Text me when you need me." More

01: Excuse me...
02: Anytime, Anywhere.
03: Blueberry
04: 20 Questions
05: +Ian?!
06: Blunders & Lightning
07: Breakfast
08:
09: FaceTiMe
10: Hey
11: 진짜? Really?
12: Miss Y(o)u
V-Day Side Story
13: Bambi
14: My Ky
15: Ona
16: Riight
17: Thank You
18: Coffee
19: Roo
21: Deal
22: Ringing
23: Locked
24: Walls
25: Blurry
26: Numb
27: Harmless
28: Do Not Respond
29: Whiskey Blue
30: Run
31: Ky
32: Guilt Stained
33: Ortegas Rotas / Crumble
34: Wake Up Love

20: Bow Your Heads

1.5K 60 22
By blu_fics

"Why hasn't she responded?" Adam leaned his elbows on his kitchen counter, sipping on the very cup of coffee he wish he could be sharing with Ni'Ky—Ky right now.

He knew she was angry, he could see the stream of messages Christian was sending her, trying to apologize. He wished he could've heard the phone call, but the program only works in between calls, not during so he was deprived the pleasure of listening in.

He perked up once he saw the text bubbles pop up, hoping and praying she'd say yes....

Ni'Kya:
Sorry. Maybe next time 😅

His heart sank. Why? Why did she turn him down? They ALWAYS got coffee together, it had become their thing.

Adam:
Oh, okay. Sure. No problem 😊

His eye twitched with irritation when he pressed send. He sighed, and finished up his cup and began to put another. He sat at his counter bar stool and let the warm liquid coat his throat.

He hated this.

He told himself he should continue on with the rest of his plans for the day and not let this minor setback disturb him as he rose to finish getting ready for the day.

Why was he like this?

Sure Ky was beautiful, but so were many other women in Atlanta. What was it about her that had him so.....stuck? He himself didn't quite have the answer, but he knew he wanted her.

He put on a generic black & white Nike graphic tee, dark grey joggers trimmed in black, and a pair of black and white Air Jordan 11 Concords and made his way to the outside world on this lovely Saturday afternoon.

The sun shone just bright enough to peak through the clouds accompanied by a cool breeze, but he had the windows rolled up, deep in though as he traveled up 285 to Lenox.

After wondering in the parking lot for 15 min, he finally found a parking space behind the food court, hopping out with a few glances in his direction from female passersby as he strolled to the sliding door. It was busy as always on a Saturday, fifty percent shopping and the remainder just trying to be seen.

Sickening.

He hated the crowds of people, walking slow, standing in the middle of the walk way, bumping you without saying excuse me. It all made him livid, but he had two things to do here before he could escape.

He had to pick up something from The Body Shop for his mom and the other...

"Hermano!" A slender young man, dressed in an blue T-shirt with the Apple logo was barreling towards him at lightening speed.

"Max, no. No. NO. Max!" But it was too late. The 18 year old had tackled his older brother, sending both flying to the hard floor.

"Mom didn't say you were picking me up today." The two males were in a questionable position as the younger practically startled the older gentleman, gaining a few odd looks.

"Max, get off me." Adam's face was stern, his mouth tight and cheeks flushed red from embarrassment.

"Oh. My bad." Max rose from the ground, helping his older brother up as he dusted himself off, "I'm sorry. It's just, you haven't been by to see us in a while."

He ruffled the young man's dark brown hair and gave a sweet smile, "I know bud. I'm sorry. Work has me tied up lately."

The two made their way to the store to grab a few items for their mother, "Mom keeps thinking it's a girl and has worked herself up since you haven't introduced her."

Adam smirked, a certain someone popping in his head, "There's no girl, tontito."

The teen side eyed his brother, not believing him for a second, "Then why are you smiling?"

Adam's eyes shifted down to his slightly shorter sibling just before pulling him into a rough hug, "Because I've missed you!" giving him a noogie.

"Aye, que no! Muevete!" Max tried to pry his brother's arms off him, but it was no use. He was only given relief once they rounded the corner to enter the store.

Adam browsed the neatly organized shelves, grabbing the three items his mother requested, and he was ready to get out of there.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Adam raised his brow at the only thing that stood between him and the register. She smiled, showing off her pearly whites tucked behind red painted lips.

Move.

Is what he wanted to say, better yet, he would move her himself if he could. She had been eyeing him since they walked in along with the young lady behind the register, but at least she had the decency to not gawk at him.

"I'm fine. Thank you." He tried to step around her, but she quickly cut off his path, trying to guide him in the opposite direction.

"We have a special on—"

"I'm. Fine." He smiled, but once the young lady looked into his eyes, she choked up, reading his displeasure.

"Oh. Okay, umm sorry to bother you, sir." She scurried off to the opposite side of the store, as far away from Adam as possible as he continued on to the register.

"Ooo. She's cute." Max said ogling the disgruntled young lady as he took a place next to his older brother while the cashier rung him up.

"Not my type." He said, a bit brash, but with just the right amount of playfulness.

"What even is your type?" Max questioned as Adam grabbed the decorative paper bag and turned to leave the store.

"Hmm. Good question..." he patted the teen's head once more as they exited, a certain someone popping into his mind.

"I'm starting to think you're gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but—"

"Definitely not gay, dude." Adam pushes his younger brother as he threw his hands up in defense.

"Okay okay. Just sayin. Mom keeps talking about wanting grandkids and it's making me uncomfortable." Max's face scrunched into a look of discomfort, recalling the random conversation their mother would randomly strike up each day in Adam's absence.

He sighed, feeling sorry for his younger brother, but there was noting he could do about it, at least not for the time being...

-🌻-

"Aye míjo! Vien aquí!"

"Hóla, mama." Adam smiled as his mom pulled him into a hug, barely letting him make it inside the kitchen, the smell of congris, vaca frita and mofongo in the air. She made his favorites...

She's up to something...

"Mm, my handsome boy is home! Aye, go freshen up, the food will be done soon. And why you didn't dress more presentable?"

Since when did he have to freshen up to eat? And what was wrong with his clothes?

"Where do you want me to put your stuff?" He has started down the hall to her room, expecting her to say somewhere in there, but..."

On the dining table is fine!" She hollered our from the kitchen.

Odd..

He made his way back to the front and into the dining room, noticing the table set for more than three, "Hey Ma, tell me again why you couldn't you pick up Max today?" He had a questionable look as as he counted four extra places.

"Huh? What ju say?"

She heard him....

He was about to confront her regarding the extra dishes, but was cut off by the doorbell, "Adam, contesta la puerta, por favor (answer the door please). My hands are full."

He side eyed her and he reluctantly made his way to the front door. He glanced over at Max who shook his head stating I-have-no-idea seeming just as out of the loop as he was. Three figures could made out through the semi molded glass of the door window as he went to open the door.

He plastered on his best smile to the family stood there in front of him, "Hello."

"Hi, you must be Adam! So nice to meet you." Adam made eye contact with a man who looked about his mother's age as he spoke, "Your mother invited us over for dinner. I hope we're not too early."

Adam could feel his eye start to twitch as he tried to hold his fake smile, realizing what was going on, "No, not at all, food's almost done."

He was observant of the group as they stepped inside. The man was Hispanic, but the lady with him looked a bit younger, he couldn't exactly make out..

Mixed maybe?

One of the young ladies with them—who was clearly here for him by the way she practically deep throated him with her eyes—looked nothing like her......

...and the youngest—who looked like she would rather be anywhere BUT here— looked nothing like the man.

A joined family?...

"Hector, Diana! Bienvido!" Adam's mom had started to place food on the dining room table, pausing briefly to greet their guests, "How are you! And this must be Isabelle!" Ms. Martinez hugged the two elders and grabbed the shoulders of the oldest young lady, both of them grinning like idiots.

Ms. Martinez then turned to the youngest, still smiling from ear to ear, "And Cheyanne! It's nice to finally meet you as well. I've heard so much about the both of you."

Wait...
Cheyanne?

"You all have a seat, I've still got to bring a few things to the table." Adam shot his eyes over to the young lady who had a fake grin spread across her face as his mom trotted back off into the kitchen.

It can't be...

Everyone took their seats as he helped his mom bring in the last few dishes, side eying Cheyanne as he sat down. Her hair was cut into a short green ombréd bob, lashes extended over her eyes and claw styled nails that looked like they could slit his throat. She popped her gum as she had her attention glued to her phone, separating herself from the group.

She was pretty and the look on his younger brother's face hinted that he was instantly smitten, "Found him..." Cheyanne's smile was sneaky and conniving as she paused from scrolling on her screen, mumbling to herself, "Mr. Yu...."

Adam couldn't help but match her smile.

Oh this is too perfect...

Okay, grace and then we can all eat." Ms. Martinez said, taking her seat, "Everyone, bow your heads, por fa."

...too perfect.

________________🌻_______________
🎆Happy Forth of July!🎇
Who went to see the fireworks?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 209 16
They say two broken people can't heal each other. But who says we can't try? I promise to love you unconditionally As long as you promise to always...
15.1K 321 43
"there's a whole world for people like you..." Lucas Wolenczak imagine f/reader x Wolenczak she/her BOOK 1
92.9K 2.4K 13
"Are you leaving me for her?" Short story. Male Y/N.