The Revolution (On Hold)

Galing kay XoXDQXoX

Based on NBC's Revolution. It's been 15 years since the blackout when all forms of electricity were disabled... Higit pa

Introduction
Chapter 1: Reunion
Chapter 2: Brain Dead Moron
Chapter 3: Conflicted
Chapter 4: Kicked out
Chapter 5: Flashback
Chapter 6: Under attack
Chapter 7: From Bad to Worse
Chapter 8: Right Between the Eyes
Chapter 9: Five Months Later
Chapter 10: Settled In
Chapter 11: In the Nick of Time?
Chapter 13: Another Reunion

Chapter 12: Fireflies

545 13 4
Galing kay XoXDQXoX

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

The Revolution

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

The Revolution

Chapter 12: Fireflies

The U.S Government explained themselves; well Director Edward Truman did all the talking. Apparently they have proof that Monroe launched the nukes. They said they came from Cuba and they've been back on the continent for a while now working their way west. They want to restore order and apparently they had been tracking Titus Andover for over a month which is how they "found" us.

They also call themselves Patriots.

Yep you read right; Patriots.

That lunatic was right and the Patriots are succeeding in fooling everyone and framing Bass for the nuclear bombs; of course I'm not cut up about that part. They're also keeping us locked up to "protect us" against Titus's remaining men, no one's allowed to leave the gates well aside from the Patriots.

"What's going on?" I ask as I enter the kitchen; avoiding looking at Miles. They look like they are wrapping up what looks like an intense conversation.

"Nothing," Miles replies.

"You were talking about the Patriots right? Don't look so surprised you did mention Randal Flynn called himself a patriot after he fired the nukes, before he blew his brains out. I mean it's their timing and locking us up in here. They're obviously up to no good."

"I keep forgetting you're smarter than you look," Miles teases but I don't even glance at him.

"Do they know you were at the tower with Randal?" I look between Rachel and Erin.

"You're really going to ignore me?" Miles asks, but I don't move an inch.

"We'd be dead if that was the case," Rachel answers.

"Well I'm glad you are up on your feet," I smile at Rachel. She was shot with an arrow by one of Titus's men and has been sleeping it off for the past three days. They even patched up Miles's hand and put it in a cast.

"Thank you; it's good to be on my feet."

Being out in the open is exactly what I need.

"Hey beautiful," I gently stroke Prancer's smooth skin.

"How long are you going to ignore me for Ade?" Miles appears out of nowhere; nearly giving me a heart attack, but I don't look at him.

"Do you hear something Prancer?"

"I'm sneaking out to check on Titus's camp. Are you coming or not? I know you want to stretch your legs."

Miles is right. Don't get me wrong; I like being a part of the community but I also like getting out every now and again and I hate being a prisoner and told what I can and can't do. I've had enough of it.

"Fine but I still think you're an asshole."

"Okay," Miles starts to lead the way and I follow.

The town is alive with laughter and music. The patriots are trying to win everyone over by having a Halloween celebration for the children, complete with food and sparklers for the kids.

Yeah right, nice try assholes.

"I think they're lying about Titus's men."

"They probably are; they're up to something."

I should've told Rachel and Miles as soon as I got back, but I couldn't talk about what happened. I just couldn't. Not after all the hard work of pushing those memories down deep. I wasn't asleep for all of it, but I pretended to be.

It doesn't take us long to get through the drain pipe and we head to the surface; to the room Miles was getting the blood leached out of him. We head through the red door to the cages but the place seems to be dead.

There's no one here well except for the fireflies which appeared out of nowhere, oh wait they're gone again.

There's a loud crash and Miles puts his finger to his mouth and takes the lead. I follow behind him ready to strike as Miles enters the room, sticking close which is when I see Titus behind his desk.

Titus quickly draws his gun at the same time I draw mine and Miles unsheathes his sword from his belt; it's out of bullets but he doesn't know that, "Drop it!" Titus demands as his eyes move between Miles and me.

Titus is a lot creepier looking than I imagined. His skin pale, his dark eyes psychotic and his short haircut does absolutely nothing for his square face.

"You first!" I reply.

"I'll shoot both of you!"

"Ade it's okay," Miles drops his sword to the ground and I reluctantly follow his lead.

"You, you're the one," Titus focuses on Miles.

"Take it easy. Let's just talk."

"She was lovely and perfect and she died because of you, and then that Judas betrayed me. He packed me and my children into his trains."

"Trains, what trains?" Miles asks. Personally I think he's just crazy, and what little amount of marbles that we're left rattling in his brain are now gone.

"I escaped, but, but they're all there, there all still there. I was a loving father but these patriots they're inhuman," Titus starts making his way to Miles, "I lost everything. I lose the only person I ever loved because of you," He cocks the gun and it all starts happening in slow motion. I don't think; I just act and push Miles out of the way. Miles crashes to the ground and the gun clicks, but doesn't fire. It clicks two more times before my brain catches up and I realise what happened.

Titus gives up on the gun and reaches for the knife on the desk, but before I can react Miles pushes me out the way as the knife comes down. I watch as Miles quickly grabs his arm before the knife can do any damage and the struggle starts and ends with Titus chocking on his own blood as Miles pulls the knife from his stomach.

"Don't you ever do that again!" Miles snaps.

"Oh trust me I won't!!!"

"You're lucky you're not dead," Miles nostrils are flaring.

"And you're lucky you're not dead!"

"I'm your older brother; it's my job to protect you."

"Right and that includes leaving me AGAIN. What a great brother you are!"

"You're safer-"

"Just shut UP Miles."

"Fine but if you want to make it back alive, you should leave with me," Miles starts to walk away.

A handful of seconds pass before I finally catch up to him but don't speak. I refuse to get used to the idea of Miles being around because that won't happen, and I can't get attached . . . I won't. We don't stop running; even when we reach the fence we're quick to climb over and land on our feet. Not long after we hear the commotion and hide out of sight; we're at the trains.

There's a bunch of Patriots near the freights with their torches, and as they slide open the door I see the frightened group of people inside. One is dragged out and shot in the back, along with another.

"The one shooting was with Titus," Miles whispers.

Of course; the Patriots' were the one pulling Titus's strings. I wish I was surprised.

"Congrats you get to be the heroes today and ride em into town," The blonde guy says to two patriots standing in the carriage.

"Who are you?" The gun's cock and I tilt my head slightly to see guns pointed at our heads. I'm guessing these ones are going to be loaded.

Miles and I both strike at the same time and I knee my guy in the stomach before I grab his gun and wack him in the head. Meanwhile Miles guy fires in the air as Miles wacks his hand away from him before he grabs his knife and stabs him in the torso; which is when we start running and head over the fence again.

"Hold it, don't move!" There are two guys with rifles; keeping a safe distance from us and I point my pistol at them as Miles goes to unsheathe his sword again, "Don't get cute," the dark haired one warns, "We'll kill him and then you before your bullet even leaves the barrel."

It's the fireflies again and this time there's a swarm of them in the air.

Ummm okay . . .?

Miles looks just as confused as I do before the two soldiers literally catch fire; it starts at their feet before it engulfs their entire body. Considering they were about to kill us I don't feel guilty as their screams pierce my ears.

Okay well maybe I feel slightly sorry for them. I mean burning to death seems like a very painful and excruciating way to die.

"Miles?"

"I don't know; come on," Miles starts running and I follow behind him.

The walk home is a quiet one until we reach the front door.

"I didn't want to hurt you, but I have a lot of enemies, and I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to you or Rachel or Charlie because of me."

"You don't leave the people you love behind, not if you truly love them," I recognise my hypocrisy as Monroe flashes before my eyes, but that's different; he killed Ben and Danny, and lied about it.

"You're wrong Ade. All I want to do is protect you, and one day you will see that," Miles kisses me on the forehead before he retreats inside and all I can think about is what just happened.

They literally burst into flames; how is that even possible?

What the hell is up with the fireflies?

"That was a very long walk," I hear Jake shift in bed as I enter the dark room and close the door behind me.

"I'm sorry. We had a lot to talk about," I strip down to my underwear before I pull back the covers and join Jake. Is it bad that it's so easy to lie to Jake? I just don't want to worry him yet; not until I have answers.

"Well you missed out on a fun party."

"We can always have our own fun party," I slither closer to Jake's body and my hand slides up his bare torso.

"I like the sound of that," Jake replies before he presses his lips against mine.

___________________________________________________________

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?

VOTE.................COMMENT................. FAN................. ADD TO LIBRARY

XOX

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

262K 6.5K 200
These were all taken from my old account, @violaeades. Do not request here!
21 2 1
How can I explain what has happened? How a lifetime of pain and disability was far more sinister and darke than even I could have imagined? I am only...
174K 12.3K 50
"They took my sister. Now I'm taking her back." Seventeen years ago, humans started developing supernatural abilities. Comic books came true...
70K 1.5K 31
-IF THIS BOOK IS SEEN ON ANYWHERE BUT WATTPAD, IT HAS BEEN STOLEN- 13 Colonies (America) has a great connection with his father, England. But when a...