The Good Girl's Bad Boys [Boo...

By RubixCube89201

Book Two of TGGBB Series Naomi Lorraine, who used to be or still known as Nerdy Naomi, looks forward in her t... More

The Good Girl's Bad Boys
An Important Message to All You Amazing Readers
Part Two
Chapter One: I Think He Was Talking About Himself
Chapter Two: I Don't Need Saving Anymore
Chapter Three: I Met Someone
Chapter Four: An Otome Game?
Chapter Five: No, They Don't Matter
Chapter Six: I've Always Wanted a Big Sister
Chapter Seven: Did You Make Him Do That?
Chapter Eight: So What Did I Miss in School?
Chapter Nine: Cookie Is a Good Name
Chapter Ten: I'm Going Home
Chapter Eleven: For... Justice?
Chapter Twelve: What Declan Said Back Then...
Chapter Thirteen: I'm In the Hospital
Chapter Fourteen: That Never Happened In the Book
Chapter Fifteen: Of Graea, Not of You
Chapter Sixteen: I Tip My Hat to You, Kind Sir
Chapter Seventeen: Why the Rush?
Chapter Eighteen: Heaven Knows How Much I Need It
Chapter Twenty: How Reassuring
Q&A No.1
Chapter Twenty-One: Salads Are Great
Chapter Twenty-Two: Why Did You Bring In A Lawyer?
Chapter Twenty-Three: I Already Have My Family
Chapter Twenty-Four: You're Such a Mom
Chapter Twenty-Five: Like Responsible Adults
Chapter Twenty-Six: What were the Promises?
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Lucky Girl
Chapter Twenty-Eight: You Promise You Wouldn't
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Irony is Breathtaking
Chapter Thirty: To Put it More Eloquently
Chapter Thirty-One: But I Looked Cool?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Did the Boy Band Break Up?
Chapter Thirty-Three: Yeah and Into Jail
3M Ship Kiss Scenes?
Bonus Scene: Declan and Jordan's Hospital Conversation
An Imbalance of Support
Character and Ship Appreciation Chapter
When Interrogating a Cube
Dear Disrespectful Ship Fans (Especially Disrespectful Bennomi Fans)...
Black Lives Matter
To Be Educated

Chapter Nineteen: Delilah Loves You

189K 8.5K 29.6K
By RubixCube89201

Previously on TGGBB2...

There was a lot of growth shown in everyone. Jordan, Declan, and now even Bennett. Bennett's father found out about Bennett's attempt to bail Jordan. Brennan calls him to tell him that he has to come home for dinner which doesn't mean a nice, normal family dinner. Through the others' support, he's going to use it as an opportunity to try to change his relationship with his father.

~

"Hey, have you seen Bennett?" I asked Jordan who was just opening his locker and grabbing a book from it.

"Oh I see," Jordan said, shaking his head. "You're playing favorites already."

"Don't be like that, Jordan."

"Y'know I'm joking," he said as he handed me a book to hold. "And no, I haven't seen him since this morning."

"I know that's why I wanted to talk to him," I said, leaning against the lockers, holding another book. "When we tried asking how the dinner went, he kept shrugging it off. I'm worried."

"You're not the only one," Jordan assured me, grabbing another book from his locker. "And don't worry, Naomi. This is Bennett we're talking about. You should never be worried about him. Me? Well..."

I laughed at that. With that, it felt a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

Only it didn't. I looked down at my hands and saw I was carrying a couple of books.

"Why am I carrying books? Wait, are these your books?"

"Oh yeah," Jordan said, he himself realized this. "Thanks for holding them for me." He held out his hand motioning he wanted his books back.

And with that, I slowly put the books on the ground. Jordan stared down at his books.

"Naomi, I'm getting old. My back is killing me," he groaned as he bent over to pick up his books.

"Excuses," I said before seeing Bennett walking down the hall towards us. "Hey Bennett," I greeted.

"Hey Bennett," Jordan mocked.

I had enough of with Jordan. With him bent over picking up his books, I gave him a slight poke on his shoulder, and he crashed onto the floor.

He groaned before exclaiming, "Bennett, did you see that? She pushed me!"

I batted my eyes at Bennett in innocence. "Well he pushed my patience."

"As well as mine," Bennett said in agreement.

"Let's walk to our next class," I told him to which he nodded in acceptance.

"Fine just leave me!" Jordan called out. "Yeah, you better walk away from- Argh, my back!"

"You weren't very talkative this morning on our way to school," I commented.

"I thought that was my thing," Bennett replied. "The lone wolf. Silent but deadly."

I looked at him.

"I'm kidding. And the last part describes a fart right?"

"Who are you?"

He smiled. "I'm happy for your concern, Naomi, but I'm fine. The dinner was exactly what I expected."

"That doesn't sound like a good thing."

"Well it went how I expected but in the end, everything was alright. My father and I made a compromise."

"Who left the room with the better end of the deal?"

Bennett paused to think about it and gave a small shrug. "Depends on your perspective. And I'm telling you that this was the best outcome of that night."

Despite his constant assurance to me, I was still concerned. Bennett looked very haggard as if he went through a rough night, and the cause was most likely from that compromise. It felt like he wasn't telling me everything and I especially wanted to know what that compromise consisted about. But seeing how determined he is to steer clear of the subject, I decided to drop it and hope that when the time comes, perhaps when he has fully processed everything, he will tell us more of what happened.

Throughout the entire conversation, we were walking down the hall to our next class. As I was engrossed in my own thoughts, Bennett suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me into his chest.

I looked up at him in disbelief of his action and in embarrassment of how physically close we were. Bennett looked just as embarrassed, let me go and took a few steps back.

"You were about to bump into that ladder," he said shyly.

"Thank you, Bennett," I said before my poor attempt to change the subject took the spotlight. "It's also good I didn't walk underneath the ladder either. Bad luck."

He nodded in agreement then looked up at the wall, which by reflex of 'monkey see, monkey do', I followed suit. The reason a ladder was in the middle of the hallway was that someone was putting up a huge banner announcing Dartwell's prom which date was fast approaching.

As we went back to walking, we noticed that posters and flyers have been taking over the walls.

"I guess we've been so caught up with the drama these last few weeks, we forgot that prom coming up," I commented.

"It's not like prom is very important compared to what we went through."

"Yeah, you're right."

Bennett cleared his throat. "I apologize, that was rude of me. Prom is pretty important in its own way, the highlight of a high school experience."

"You're overthinking things," I assured Bennett. "What happened recently was important. And prom is definitely the last thing on my mind of being a highlight of at least my high school experience."

"So are you not going?"

"Well, my mom bought the senior package that came with a prom ticket, so I could go."

Before I met the guys, I found prom to be another trap for me getting bullied. If I wasn't able to convince my parents that I couldn't go to prom, maybe by faking an illness, my last resort was pretending I went after I picked up some photoshopping skills.

"Since you have the ticket already, it would be a waste not to use it," Bennett told me. "If anything I can-"

When the bell suddenly rang, I realized how much we talked and how slow we walked.

"Bennett we're going to be late to class."

Before I was able to start power-walking down the hall -as there is no running down the hall- someone suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me to run. At the other end of my hand, forcing me to exercise when I had already finished my P.E. credit was Jordan.

"Too slow, Bent!" Jordan said before cackling like a maniac. "She's mine!"

"I thought you were complaining about your back," I said, struggling to keep up with his ridiculousness and speed, mostly the former.

"Running is a great exercise for an aching back."

"I think it makes it worse."

"Running makes everything worse," Jordan said when we arrived at our classroom. "And here we are." He opened the door for me and said dramatically, "M'lady."

"My good sir," I replied just as dramatically.

I went into the classroom and Jordan tried to shut the door but Bennett caught the handle.

"Don't test me Jordan," Bennett warned him cooly.

"Should I mention we have a test today?" The teacher told them before beginning class.

-

I was back at home, lying on the couch, staring at my phone.

My life in a nutshell.

I couldn't stop thinking about Lynn. Everything that has happened to her, both what I have witnessed and what I could imagine after seeing how her relationship is with her parents. I wanted to help but I didn't know how I could. There's even the threat that whatever plan I can think of could help or harm her.

I looked through the pictures between the both of us from our outings including her school's festival and girl's night with Brennan. I wanted to give her a call and check up on her, but I didn't want to pressure her either.

Turning off my phone, I set it aside and closed my eyes. Maybe a nap will help. A nap always helps. Maybe not actually solve the problem, but it still always helps.

Before my body could relax, my phone suddenly rang. I sat up with a start and scrambled to pick it up. It fell down and I dove onto the ground to catch it.

"Lynn?" I asked in an almost forceful way.

"Um... No...," the voice said. "This is Declan."

"Oh," I said in disappointment.

"Wow, I feel so wanted."

I was about to defend myself but all the left my mouth was an "Ow" followed by groaning from my Olympic dive to grab my phone.

"You okay Naomi?" Declan asked in concern. "Am I calling you at a bad time?"

"No, not at all. I just... fell," I said lamely.

"Do you need an ice-pack?" Declan asked on the phone at the same time as my mom as she came into the living room.

Using my elbow to help me, I started to stand up. "No I don't-" I sat back down. "Yes please."

She left to the other room to find an ice pack to soothe my sore elbows.

"What prompts this call from you?"

Silence.

"Declan?"

"Sorry, I was thinking- Actually nevermind."

"No. I didn't bruise my elbows for you to say 'nevermind'. Now spill."

"You bruised your elbows?"

"Spill."

"I wanted to ask if you were free to hang out tonight."

It's a Friday night and if you knew me already, of course I didn't have any plans. Besides the nap. And it had been a while since it was really me and Declan.

"Like a date?" I asked slowly.

"No," he said quickly. "I mean, do you want it to be?"

"I was just wondering..."

Declan cursed under his breath then apologized for doing that in front of me.

"I wish I thought of that," he admitted. "I want to but I'm busy tonight which comes back to the original reason I called you."

"Which is...?"

"Do you want to babysit Delilah with me?" He asked before quickly saying, "You don't have to since you expected it to be-"

"I didn't expect anything, Declan," I told him. "And why wouldn't I want to see her?"

"Then it's a date?"

"It's a date," I confirmed just when my mom walked back into the room wearing a look showing she heard what I just said. "I'll see you in a bit," I told him before hanging up on a phone.

"One moment you're injuring yourself and the next you're getting yourself a date," my mom mused as she sat down beside me.

I laughed at that. "It's not like that mom. I'm going to babysit Declan's little sister, Delilah."

"That is probably the cutest date I ever heard," she cooed as she handed me some frozen peas packets. "Be sure to tell Declan's mother congratulations for me. And you owe me pictures. I need to see this angel."

"I'll be sure to mom. Not that I won't do it for you, but I was planning on doing so already."

"Fine, be like that," she said, pinching your cheek. "But all I want to say is that I wouldn't mind having Declan as my son-in-law."

I groaned, "Mom..."

"I'm so happy, Naomi," she told me. "After you met your friends, you've changed so much. Of course, you're still you, but you're also so much happier and going out more with your friends."

My heart swelled at that but there was still a pang in my chest. Although she didn't explicitly say it, I was disheartened at the fact that she noticed how I was like before meeting the guys. Imagine seeing your own child not being happy and enjoying life as one should. And most importantly, not knowing the reason why.

She doesn't know, neither of my parents know I have been bullied and I still want to keep it that way. Ignorance is bliss and I want my parents to unknowingly follow that. I don't want them to be sad, or worse, blame themselves for something that was my own fault, especially when things have gotten better for all of us.

My mom took it upon herself to drive me to Declan's place just so she can give me great advice and tips for what she still believes is an actual date. Before I was able to knock on the door, Declan already opened the door for me. Since we were going to stay at his home, for what I assume to be the entire night, I thought he would wear something casual. Instead, he dressed up wearing a button down underneath a sweater and dark jeans.

"I feel a little bit underdressed," I commented, looking down at my black athletic leggings and an oversized sweater.

"And I feel a bit overdressed," he said. "Have you eaten anything yet?"

When I shook my head in response, he told me, "Come inside and sit down at the dining-"

He was cut off by his sister's cries.

"Let me go help," I offered.

"No," he said. "Just go sit down. I'll calm Delilah down."

As he went away, I muttered to myself, "But I thought I was here to help out."

When I went to the dining room, I found it was like a fancy meal. There were two placemats with dishes and utensils laid out at either side of the table. Between them was a single candle and a bouquet of flowers that held a card saying "Congratulations!" which I assumed was from Declan's mother's gifts after she gave birth to his sister.

"It isn't much..." Declan admitted as he came into the room holding some pizza. "It's really last minute but-"

"I love it," I told him. "But you really didn't have to."

He set down the pizza and looked at it in defeat. "It wasn't made from scratch, but it wasn't delivered either," he defended. "It's the one you have to bake in the oven."

"Declan, it doesn't matter if it was either. I don't care if it was even Chinese take out or burgers with shakes to go. I'm starving."

He laughed but it turned to a groan once Delilah's cries echoed down the hall.

"Don't move," he warned. "I can take care of her. You can start eating without me."

Declan left once more. I stared at the dining table, very touched by the thought. After I blew out the candle because of the fire hazard, I followed the sound of crying.

I found the siblings in Delilah's nursery. Just looking at the two of them, at first glance you wouldn't think they were related, but once you see how Declan takes care of his sister, you could tell then and there. However, Declan was struggling to coax Delilah to sleep by rocking her in his arms and singing softly a lullaby.

"May I try?" I offered, slightly startling Declan but it looked like he only paused before turning to me.

"I told you that you can go ahead and eat," he whispered.

"We can eat together after she falls asleep," I whispered back, "Now let me carry this adorable girl."

"Careful," Declan told me as he placed Delilah into my arms.

She felt so small and fragile. Delilah was calming down and started blinking slowly as if she was fighting to stay awake. I rocked her slowly and sang her a different lullaby that my mother sang to me until Delilah drifted to sleep. I gave her a light kiss on the forehead before lying her inside her crib. After Declan turned on the musical mobile attached to the crib that served as a nightlight and produced a soft song, we left the room with the door still ajar.

I set down the plates of pizza slices onto the coffee table in the living room as Declan had laid back on the couch looking exhausted.

"Thank you," he told me with his eyes closed. "Sorry, I'm not a very good host. I was preparing everything but Delilah refused to go to sleep. I thought my parents deserved a night out so I offered to take care of Delilah while they're gone, but I'm way over my head."

"Your parents are lucky to have you do that for them."

He smiled at that. "I'm glad I asked you to come over."

"I'm glad too. Though if Jordan finds out, he might get mad that he wasn't able to take care of Delilah."

"No."

"No on what?"

"I wouldn't bring Jordan here with Delilah."

I sat up a bit on the couch. "Did something happen? Are you guys in another fight?"

"No, it isn't that," Declan assured me. "It's just that..." He paused, looked down in embarrassment and said quietly, "I don't want Delilah to like Jordan more than me."

"Never have I thought I'd see the day Declan would be jealous of Jordan."

"I'm not jealous," he snapped in defense. "Just slightly threatened on only that subject."

"Well, there's nothing to worry about Declan."

He sighed in exasperation. "You're the one who was able to put her to sleep when I couldn't. Of course, she'd like you better than me."

"Don't say that," I said. "Delilah loves you."

"And I really love her."

I thought it would end there, but Declan suddenly asked me, "Is it alright if I can talk to you about something? Something that's been on my mind for a long time now?"

"You've always been there for me. And I'll always do the same."

He smiled softly at me but it slowly faded as he stared at his hands on his lap.

"I'm scared, Naomi," Declan told me. "What if... What if Delilah goes through the same things we have? What if she gets... bullied?"

Everything seemed to have frozen in place. My breath escaped me at that question. A question that no one ever seems to ask themselves before such a thing could happen. A question no person should ever ask for someone they care about. A parent to their child. A brother to his baby sister.

Thoughts, no memories, swirled around my head. What if? What if? This baby, this child, this young girl. I felt sick imagining the things that could be done to her just as they were done to me. How there never seemed to be a limit to the creativity and cruelty a person can bear onto someone who is the target of their hatred or jealousy or loss of feeling.

It felt like my voice was caught in my throat. "Declan I-"

"No, I'm not done. Please, listen," he pleaded to me, still struggling to find the right words. "What if she's ridiculed over the smallest thing: how she looks, acts, or even cares about?" Declan asked me, his hands turning to a fist shaking in anger. "It could be one time or many, but in the end, she might start believing it to be true."

He looked at me with a pained expression. "And what terrifies me the most is that she wouldn't say a word. She can pretend everything is alright and I would believe everything is normal, but the entire time she is suffering."

Not knowing what else to say or do, I put my hand on his shoulder, wearing the same pained expression as him, my eyes beginning to water and begging to spill. Slowly, we leaned towards each other and wordlessly pulled ourselves into a hug. Declan's arms were tight around me, his body visibly shaking, his breathing was in long strands to fight the urge to cry or to calm himself.

"I'd want to kill them." His voice was soft, almost fragile, at those somber words. The grip in his arms loosened as if he was defeated. "But I would really be mad at myself in the end."

I let go of our hug and cupped Declan's face into my hands so he can look at me. He looked so broken. I couldn't imagine how long he had those thoughts to himself. Ever since Delilah was born? Ever since he learned he was going to have a sister?

"I think this is the start, Declan," I told him. "The fact that you're there to know that it's a possibility, and the fact that you love her so much, will protect Delilah. As long as she knows she has that love and support, she can overcome anything."

"I'm sorry," Declan whispered. "But, what about you? Weren't your parents there for you?"

I winced at that. "And that's the other side of things," I said quietly, letting go of him. "I love my parents, but I didn't want them to know what had happened to me. It would have broken their hearts."

Not only of what had happened but... of why it happened.

"And that's why I'm scared," Declan said. "Yet I know there isn't anything else I can really do. I can't be overprotective because that would just make her push me away. But I don't want to leave it to chance, that if she were to face it she would leave..."

"Either broken or stronger," I finished.

"Or both," Declan said darkly.

"We all are," I told me. "But because we found each other, we were able to grow stronger." I looked at him. "I can say for myself that I would not be the person I am today if I haven't met any of you. I wasn't lucky enough to have someone watch out for me, but I turned out alright, don't you think?" He managed a small smile at that. "Just imagine how Delilah will be knowing she has someone like that."

I took his hands into my mine and squeezed them tightly. "No one can know what will ever happen in the future. But as long as you're there for her, and make her the best person she can be, she will be strong enough for anything that will come for her. If you're too busy worried about the things that might happen, you won't stop to enjoy the things that are happening. I don't want this to consume you Declan."

Declan was quiet, staring at our hands holding each other. I felt a soft squeeze on my hands.

"Thank you, Naomi," he told me. "I'm really glad I was able to talk to you about this before it did consume me. I really needed that."

Declan looked up at me and our eyes locked with each other. Our hands were still holding each other. His stare made my face feel warm and I wanted to look away in embarrassment but I didn't. It felt as if we were slowly leaning towards each other, bound to crash.

And then Declan smiled. He gave his warm, comforting smile. He slightly backed away and placed his hands back on his lap. When he looked to the side, away from me, his smile faltered.

"I'm going to check on Delilah," he said quietly. "Make sure she's sound asleep. Hopefully, the pizza is still warm."

"Yeah, you go do that," I responded.

We spent the rest of the night as if everything was normal. As if we didn't have that long heart-to-heart talk and... that moment. We talked about school, played some video games, and watched a movie until Declan's parents came back home.

They didn't want me to take an Uber back home, so Declan offered to drive me. It was a quiet ride, despite the nightlife still being alive in the city. When we stopped at a red light, Declan broke the silence.

"I'm sorry for what happened," he said. Glancing at him, his ears looked as red as the stop light. "I overstepped a boundary and the last thing I ever want to do is make you feel uncomfortable."

"Please, don't be," I said before adding, "I'm glad you're a gentleman, Declan."

He grinned at that. "Why thank you."

"And I kicked your ass in Jump Force, so I think we're alright."

"I will avenge my honor," he declared.

"I'll kick the ass of that too."

We both laughed.

"You're doing okay, though?" Declan asked me once we reached my house. "Our conversation had a heavy topic."

"I am," I assured him. "But it opened my eyes to what really matters."

When I came back home, I brought my parents into the living room and told them. Not everything. I still couldn't do that. It would break their hearts if they learned the things they did as well as what I did. They were quiet the whole time as I told them. My voice never wavered as I went through everything like a final presentation of a book review in English class. My tears have all been dried out, or so I thought. When I finished, all they did was came up and hugged me, and the tears I thought have been shed began to spill once more. I apologized so many times to them: for hiding it for such a long time, for never telling them, for lying to them, and most of all, for lying to myself.

Maybe I didn't really learn anything.

Because I was still lying to myself.

You don't know how long I wanted to write this chapter. It's been YEARS. Ever since I decided Declan would get a baby sister, I needed this chapter to be written and finally, that moment had arrived. I hope you all enjoyed it and see that perspective of things. Maybe see some Bennomi and Decomi action over there.

I'm trying to be weekly in my updates, but it might turn out biweekly depending on what else is going on with my life. Well, I'll see you in the next update.

Love,

89201

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859K 28.9K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
4.7K 716 21
☆WATTYS2018☆ ♡ No matter what... I still fell in love with you ♡ ✖️➖➖✖️ Gia Winglet is your typical seventeen year old who prefers to cuddle with her...
823K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
422K 21K 13
This is a story about bullying, and like the hundreds of other books on the topic, it will show you the harsh reality of what it is like to be discri...