Dating Mr. CEO

By Emelradine

THE CHESTERFIELD SERIES #1 (THE MODEL & THE CEO) Pretending to the whole world that she is in the happiest r... More

DISCLAIMER
Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60A
60B
Epilogue
LOVING MR. CEO
Elroy and Fay Extras? Yaay or Nay?
IT'S UP!

12

62.6K 2.6K 517
By Emelradine

ELROY

   The sketches in front of me, made me feel like I was loosing my touch in my line of expertise. I couldn't come up with something different. I had tried looking at my old sketch pad, but nothing looked show worthy to the public.

Carter said that I shouldn't show people what they expect to see from me. I needed fresh eyes for this project. And I was so tempted to ask Fay for help... But I was pretty sure she'd stay away from me till she wasn't angry anymore.

I sighed, closing the sketch pad.

My mind wasn't settled and I knew it. I was still bothered by the outcome of the brunch.  And I have no idea why?

All I did, I did for Fay's sake. I knew she didn't really want to work for Yvonne, she just wanted to get me angry and I knew deep down she was thanking me.

Or was she?

Honestly speaking, I didn't know Catherine would go that far to even hit her. At some point, it was almost like Fay saw it coming. It was almost like, it wasn't the first time.

But what do I care? At the end I got what I wanted right? The deal is off with Yvonne.

No more possible risk of scandal in the future.

My head fell back on my study chair, as I let out a breath of frustration.

Why the hell can't I get my mind off today's event? Why the hell did that slap bother me so much? Why can't I stop thinking about Fay and how she was dealing with everything? Why?

Should I give her a call?

Wait- no... Catherine broke her phone.

And come to think of it, why the hell would I give her a call? It's not like I did something terrible, did I? I was only trying to stop her from making a mistake she wouldn't be able to come out of... How's that a bad thing?

Fay was stubborn, if she had just ended the contract in a more civilized way, she wouldn't have gotten slapped by Catherine... She brought this upon herself... I didn't cause anything.

She might have probably said something to piss Catherine off to the extent of hitting her. Catherine loved Fay, I've gathered that much about the mother and daughter relationship.

I rubbed my eyes, swirling around in my study chair.

And as for Cade and Damien. They deserved everything I said to them. If they had just minded their business, I wouldn't have added salt to their not so healing wounds. They both had their problems to deal with, and I have mine. I've never meddled in their issue, neither have I ever given advice or warnings... So why the hell did they think it was alright to meddle with my problems?

Just because we were brothers doesn't mean we have to be all brotherly friendly with each other... The brotherly crap died along side our parents. We signed our sanity and humanity when we decided to pick up where they left off.

Besides, who cares if they're both angry with me? Hell, I'm glad. At least I wouldn't have to bother myself when it comes to listening to Damien's endless chatter about family. Or Cade's lousy silence.

The only person I was worried about now was grandma, she refused to talk to me... Neither was she picking up my calls.

She was angry at the fact that I ruined the brunch and that I lied to her about being happy with Fay.

I knew she wanted Fay and I to work out so bad. And I knew all she heard today was upsetting her. But grandma's issues was as always, easy to solve.

I could always find my way to maneuver my path back to her heart.

But first things first, I needed an idea for a totally new collection.

But my head wasn't going to allow me make ideas. I couldn't get my head off this morning events and now it was affecting my work.

I don't want to have to ask anybody for help. That had never happened before and it will never happen.

Letting out a strained breath, I sat up straight.

I was about to turn off my laptop and resign for the night, but the door to my study pulled open.

My brow rose up in Interest when my eyes connected with that of the person who decided to barge in without knocking.

Her face was fuming with what I knew quite well as anger, scanning her clothing, I knew she came here in a rush. She wore blue skinny jeans and a plain grey T shirt, her very dark hair fell crazily over her shoulders, and back... She wore no make up on her baby face. Her light brown chocolate skin looked as smooth and shiny as ever.

I swallowed, Allowing my inner smile reflect on my lips as I relaxed back on my chair.

"I remember that day," I said slowly, watching her brows furrow in anger. "Hmmm... What was it you said?" I taunted. "You told me to my face, 'Elroy, I will never step my feet in this hell hole you call a house, no matter what you do.' Did you miss your way? Or you're just not a woman of your words."

She held her head high. "I didn't come here to play remember with you, Roy." She gritted out, putting her phone on my table and pushing it to my direction. "What is the meaning of this?"

I raised a brow, sitting up to check her phone without touching it. A sly smile formed on my lips. "It's a text message from Fay, Yvonne. Did you come all the way from your Dad's house just because you didn't understand it? I'm pretty sure your Dad could have explained it better for you." I said.

She slammed her hands on my table. "This isn't funny Roy! I know you're behind this, You're the only one capable of doing something like this!" She said, grabbing her phone from my table.

I scoffed, getting up from my chair. "Hmm... Why are you accusing me of someone else's decision? Maybe Fay saw you for the fraud you are," I said, rounding my table to stand right in front of her as I tucked my hands into my pocket. "Maybe she didn't want to get bamboozled."

Yvonne looked frustrated now. "I know this is all you Roy... You didn't want her working with me. you hated the idea and you forced her to quit! All for your selfish purposes."

I smiled, taking two steps closer to her. Probably too close for comfort, in her case. "It's not called being selfish, beautiful." I said, as I raised a hand to tuck a strand of black soft hair behind her ear. My eyes scanned her round baby like face as her Hazel anger filled eyes stared back at me. "I was only doing a favor for Fay. Your measly income is not something to write home about. I was saving her from a big loss."

She placed her two hands on my chest and pushed me away from her. "I know you Elroy, maybe even more than you know yourself. You don't do Favors... You only do things that are of benefit to you..  you're a selfish bastard who steals everyone's happiness just to satisfy himself!"

I rolled my eyes. "That's what everyone thinks. I do what I do for the greater good."

"Greater good? Do you even understand the meaning of that word? Sometimes I still ask myself why I was too blinded to see you for who you really were Elroy... I almost destroyed my relationship with my Dad because of you! Because I thought you were worth sacrificing everything for. Thank God I was able to come back to my right senses."

"I personally don't think you've gotten there yet." I stated, referring to her senses.

She raked her hands through her hair. "You will never change. You'll always remain a sick selfish bastard."

I shrugged. "Who's complaining?"

"Everyone! I mean, can't you see it? Your actions and decisions are hurting everyone around you-"

"Speak for yourself, Yvonne. Don't speak for everyone." I stated.

She shock her head in disbelief... "I still wonder what Fay see in you."

"Oh, isn't it obvious? It was the same thing you saw in me before we broke up. Before your Dad decided to eat his way into your brain and manipulate you into hating me, into stealing from me."

"I never stole from you Elroy! Never... Just because I got my own company right after we broke up, doesn't mean I stole your ideas or whatever."

I scoffed. "We both know who's telling the truth... And as for your deal with Fay, consider it finished... If you try to manipulate her into working for you again, the press will know about it. About Everything."

"Oh, you can't do that... You care about your reputation a lot, you wouldn't taint it by telling them about our once hidden relationship."

"Try me." I frowned now.

Yvonne groaned, looking away for a moment.

This was what I wanted to achieve, this look on her face, the anger, the frustration and the feeling of great loss.

"Why the hell are you doing this Roy? Fay is my only chance at making this merge deal a success for me... This is the first time YD is participating- with Fay's ideas and designs, I-"

"Hold on a minute." I said as realization dawned on my face. "Ideas? So you're not even partnering up with Fay for her to model for you- you want her designs and ideas?" I exhaled. "I knew it."

"Fay is beyond talented and if you can't appreciate her talents, then someone else should... And it's not like I'd take all the credits... Seventy percent of the credit will go to her. Because she deserves it."

"Hm, that doesn't change the fact that you're just using Fay for her talents."

"I'm not using Fay, Elroy... Not everyone is like you."

"Excuse me?"

"I don't care what you do or say... I'm gonna go talk to Fay and then I'll explain everything to her. I'm pretty sure she'd be happy to help me out."

"You wouldn't dare." I gritted out. "Try it and I'll inform the press about-"

"I don't care!" She yelled, cutting me off.  "Do whatever the hell you want to do Elroy! You would suffer more loss than you can ever imagine. And then I'll turn the story into my best interest, which will only earn me more gain and recognition. Imagine these head lines. 'Elory Chesterfield in a love Triangle.' 'Elroy Chesterfield in love with his business Rival?' 'Cruel break up between the two most popular couples, Elroy Chesterfield and Fay Henderson' 'Elroy Chesterfield cheats on Fay?' I could go on and on and on... I've got so many ideas on how to turn the whole story around."

She was way smarter than I thought.

She smiled. "So, by all means, tell the press."

"You're playing with fire."

"Oh darling, I'm already used to getting burnt by this," she eyed me from toe to head. "... Fire." She said. Then made her way out of my study, slamming the door behind her.

My hands folded in fists as anger swiveled through my veins.

This isn't over Yvonne... This is far from being over. I will do everything in my power to stop Fay from working with you... Everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.7K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
3.9K 43 9
Hendry Arnaud Camden came from a long line of wealth. Hendry was groomed to be one of the successors of his family's wealth. With all the strict rule...
48.2K 969 26
💜 A one night stand with CEO bad boy and all round manwhore Landon Peters will change Aurora's life, if she'll take a risk and break some rules. 💜 ...
3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...