The Three Sided War

Door ninasweet998

[Third Book] The Guild moves in on Yokohama, in search of Atsushi and Shiori. Having enemies on their territo... Meer

Ch.1 Candy
Ch.2 Kyouka
Ch.3 Flower Of Darkness
Ch.4 They're Here
Ch.5 Interrogation
Special Chapter: Happy Birthday, Dazai!
Ch.6 Candy Mystery Solved
Ch.7 This Is War
Ch.9 Grape Vines
Ch.10 Catching The Train
Ch.11 Hallucinations
Ch.12 Old Friends
Ch.13 My Mental Prison
Ch.14 My Mental Distress
Ch.15 My Mental Break
Ch.16 The Emergency Plan
Ch.17 Lucy's Aid
Ch.18 Atsushi's Suggestion
Ch.19 Disagreement
Ch.20 Clash
Ch.21 Double Black
Ch.22 Rescue Team
Ch.23 The Creature Within
Ch.24 Corruption & Secrets
Ch.25 Ranpo's Challenge
Ch.26 Catching Up
Ch.27 Great Detectives
Ch.28 Attack Plan
Ch.29 The Moby Dick
Ch.30 No Time For Games
Ch.31 Frenemies Vs. Money
Ch.32 Understanding
Ch.33 Finding Middle Ground
Ch.34 Final Battle
Ch.35 Saving Yokohama
Ch.36 Another Story Unfolds
The End
Bonus Chapter: The Interview

Ch.8 That's My Job

4.8K 245 79
Door ninasweet998

"..."

"Shiori?"

"..."

"...Shiori...?"

"..."

"Shiori!"

I snap out of it and face Naomi.

"You don't have to keep watch over the security cameras twenty-four seven. Come eat breakfast with Haruno-san and me."

"I can't." I face the three laptops in front of me again. "I have to watch over the secret tunnels leading to and from the Agency's hidden hideout. I also hacked communications with the Port Mafia. So anything they plan, I'll report it to the director. But, for some reason, I'm having a little trouble breaking through The Guild's communication lines."

"Blah, blah, blah, come on."

She takes my arm and drags me out of the living room.

It's currently the next morning. I'm with Naomi and Haruno at one of Agency's secret houses. It's really lovely. I could probably take a vacation here in the future. That is, if the Port Mafia or The Guild don't destroy it.

Naomi stops once we're in the dinning room. Haruno was smiling at us as she places three sets of plates, filled with food, on the table.

"I'm really not hungry."

"Come on, it's not good to skip meals."

"It's okay. I promise. I was trained to work and not eat for days on end."

"What?! That's horrible!"

"It doesn't really bother me. But trust me when I say I don't need to eat. Now, if you excuse me."

I leave the dinning room and head back to the laptops, that were lined up on the coffee table. I sit on the sofa as I grab one of them. I start typing away, trying to get into The Guild's communication lines.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It's around 1pm, and I still have no luck.

"Damn." I cursed under my breath. "It's like he coded it himself. ...Wait. What did he used to do if he couldn't get in...?"

I start typing away with almost lightening speed.

"He would build a back door... Got it!"

I find my way into The Guild's communication lines.

"Shiori."

I watch as Naomi and Haruno enter the living room with plates of food.

"They guys, I finally did-"

A beeping sound starts coming from the laptop I just used.

"Crap!"

"What's the matter?" Haruno asks as she sits to my right.

"I'm being kicked out of the network. Someone noticed I got in."

Naomi sits to my left as I type away. I try my best, but after five minutes, I'm kicked back out. The laptop stops beeping as well.

"Dammit."

"...It's okay, Shi-"

"No, it's not." I cut Haruno off. "I have to keep everyone inform... If I can't even do that..."

I grit my teeth as glare at the screen.

"It's fine. Everyone won't be upset." Naomi smiles. "Now, eat."

She shoves a plate of food in my face.

"I'm not taking 'no' for an answer again."

"I have to work." I take the plate a place it on the coffee table. "I have to try to get back in. I shouldn't have never been kicked out in the first place."

I learned from the best, there's no way someone could have found me and kicked me out... Unless...

Naomi huffs in annoyance. She then shuts the laptop close.

"Hey-"

"Eat."

"..."

"You really should eat, Shiori-chan." Haruno smiles at me.

"...Okay, okay."

I grab the plate and food and start to eat. As the three of us did, we were happily talking with one another. Then, Naomi asks a question that throws me off.

"Shiori."

"Yes?"

She shows an evil grin as she speaks.

"Question. How long have you had a crush on Dazai-san?"

I suddenly start choking on my food. Haruno pats my back as Naomi laughs.

"I-I don't have a crush on t-that man!"

"Oh really? So the times I catch you stealing glances at him are nothing, then?"

"I don't-"

"And the times you get jealous when Dazai-san flirts with other girls are nothing as well?"

"Naomi~, listen to me. I don't have a crush on that idiot."

"So no crush, then?"

"Yes."

"I see now. You don't have a crush on him..." She suddenly sends me a big happy smile. "You're in love with him!"

I blush hard.

"No! I'm-"

"Um, look at this guys." Haruno interrupts.

She turns the TV up. It was on the news channel. The news lady was talking about how forty people were killed in cruise liner explosion at Yokohama's commercial port. More than three hundred people were also injured as well.

"Akutagawa..." I whispered.

There's no doubt he went picking a fight with The Guild.

"That's not The Guild's ship, is it?" Naomi asks.

"Yeah, it is." I answered.

"Then what caused the explosion?"

"The Port Mafia."

"It was the man who loves explosions." Haruno answers. "The Agency may be his next target..."

"...I hope my brother's safe..."

Haruno and I look to find Naomi staring at the TV intensely.

"Don't worry, Naomi-chan." Haruno tries to comfort her.

Naomi faces us and smiles.

"We know Mii-chan is okay, after all!"

"P-Please forget that!"

"Who's Mii-chan?" I asked.

Naomi takes Haruno's laptop and shows me some pictures of a cute cat.

"Aw~!"

The three of us huddle around the screen and gush over the photos. As we did that, a beeping sound came from the laptop with the security cameras on it. I look over to find the cameras turning off one by one.

"What the?"

I break free and immediately start to try and reconnect them.

"What's wrong?" Haruno asks.

"I'm losing connection with the cameras."

I take out my phone and dial the director.

"Someone might be going through the secret tunnels ways leading to the hideout. I have to inform everyone there."

I wait a few seconds, but my phone doesn't ring. I try to redial to only get the same result.

"Crap! Something is jamming my signal. I can't reach them."

"Who's that?" Naomi points at the screen.

I look at the last camera that's still connected. There was someone standing right in it's line of sight. Only when the person lifts their head is when I could see them properly.

"Chuuya-san..."

The last camera suddenly loses it's connection.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

30.8K 891 16
Even when they are from enemy organizations, their fates end up intertwining... As a new group in yokohama begins to attack, the port mafia and arme...
29.8K 1K 26
Atsushi has been having an headache but he never tell anyone about it. Soon he's found out something through his memories... But what is it? Will the...
386K 15.8K 34
[First Book] Atsushi and Shiori are abandoned orphans who are living on the streets. They've gone a week without food and are about to die as a resul...
220K 7K 9
A new threat to the humans has arrived to Yokohama and unfortunately (fortunately for us) makes a bond between Atsushi and Akutagawa. Akutagawa x Ats...