Her Royal Charming

By PsychMadeYouThink

"When are you going to realize people are never going to love you Adira?" The words were said with a sneer to... More

Her Royal Charming
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Epilogue
Thank You!
Contest Entry- #Perfect Date
Q & A
Playlist

Chapter Thirty Two

594 13 1
By PsychMadeYouThink

Chapter Thirty Two

"So what happened after I left?" Edmon asks me sipping his coffee. We decided to have breakfast together next week. From across the table I wrap my hands around my warm mug of tea.

"Do you want the short version or the long version?"

He pretends to think about it. "Depends, are you going to reveal every single detail?"

"Of course." I say without skipping a beat.

"Then the short version." Edmon replies seriously. I tilt my head back and laugh. "You're out of luck buddy because you're going to get everything."

He sank back in his chair and sighed. "If you must." He said guesting with his hands for me to go on.

I smiled, glad we finally had time to hang out after a long week.

"We had a serious talk in the classroom and opened up to each other. I cleared things up between us and filled him in on things I've been withholding. He was really understanding and supportive."

"He's a regular Prince Charming." Edmon commented semi-sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his antics.

"It was actually nice to finally get my side of the story out and show him the part of myself I've always kept hidden."

"You guys made out in a classroom didn't you?" He asks casually.

"Wow." I say taking a sip of my tea. "That's irrelevant."

"But you didn't deny it!" He points out, my cheeks begin to redden and Edmon starts laughing.

"When is the food getting here?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Not soon enough." He managed to say in between laughs.

"I really hate you." I shake my head at his childish antics. "We both know that's not true." He assures me.

"You're lucky it's true." I cross my arms over my chest.

-----------

"Shall we get milkshakes?" I ask after we finished a hearty breakfast of pancakes and waffles. We couldn't decide between the two.

"Do you even have to ask?" Edmon says in faux-shock. I give him a flat look and flag down the waitress to give her the order.

"So how are things going with you and Derric in general?" He sobers up.

"It's actually going well. The long talk really opened things up between us and we've been on a few dates but it's still fairly new."

"What have you done so far?" Edmon was probably asking to waste time until the milkshakes came, but I didn't mind.

"There's still more we wanted to know about each other. First we went for a run at the park."

"Isn't that what you normally do, how is that a date?"

"It counts because we spent time together, it didn't matter what we did at that point. Now shut up and let me finish." I give him a pointed look. "We also went to a casual dinner date and ate burgers and fries, another time we went out for ice cream and later to the movies."

Out dates were casual and I had no complaints. It was fun and we spent time together, that was my only criteria. This was my first relationship and I wanted things to work out. The way we decided to tackle this together was to take things slowly.

My feelings for him were growing every day and I can't wait to see where the relationship goes next because it can only get better than this.

"It's nice to see you happy Adira."

"It's nice to feel continuously happy instead of the rare moments before." I admit. Things were looking up in my life. Derric and I are in the beginning of a lasting relationship, Edmon and I were getting along and I've finally settled into my aunt's house.

"How's the case coming along?" Edmon questions intrigued.

Aunt Ava and I hired an attorney against Kenny and his daughters. Aunt Ava wants to gain custody of me while simultaneously filing restraining orders against Kenny, Emma, Sphoa, Harper and my mother.

I told her it was unnecessary to file restraining orders on all of them, especially the last one. How would anyone know where to send it?

Regardless, she was persistent and I didn't have the heart to tell her they wouldn't come near us after all of this anyway. She also had the idea of getting the house back because it was under my dad's name and should go to me.

The court case was coming up and the attorney says we have a good shot of gaining custody. He did mention that getting the house back was more shaky. It would be easy to prove Kenny was a bad guardian but the house was a more technical issue.

I didn't understand the logistics of it.

"That sounds promising. It's the Friday after next right?"

"Yeah, can you still make it?" I needed all the support I could get.

"Of course." He shifts in his heat and finished up his milkshake that arrived once we starting talking about Derric for the second time. "What are you doing later?"

"I'm hanging out with Derric at the library, we're going over college applications and scholarships." A lightbulb went off. "You should join us."

Edmon immediately makes a face and shakes his head. "No thanks."

"Come on, why not?"

"No reason in particular." That was code for Derric, I thought they were over this. I guess if they're not going to fix things on their own I'm going to have to take things into my own hands.

"Well too bad because you're going and the two of you are going to sit down and talk things out like adults!" It was a method I recently realized works wonders.

"Do I really have a choice?" He asks wearily.

"Not at all." 

---------

A few hours later and I dragged a resistant Edmon down to the library much to the shock of Derric. I quickly explained we were going to have an open discussion about why they don't like each other.

"I don't have an issue with him." Edmon says quickly.

"I don't either." Derric replies just as fast. I rolled my eyes at their childish behavior.

"I'm glad we got that out of the way." I say sarcastically. "There is an issue you have with each other and I'm not leaving until we sort this out. Both of you are important parts of my life and I don't want to split my time between you two because you can't sit together for five minutes."

"I'll do it if he does." Edmon mumbles under his breath.

"See this is the problem!" I turned to both of them exasperated. "What do you have against each other?"

"Are you going to wait here until we start talking?" Derric asks turning to me.

"Why are you trying to get rid of me?" I ask suspiciously. What was their gameplan?

"Don't take this the wrong way," Always a great way to start Edmon. "But I think this would work better is we talk without you here."

I turned to Derric who nods in agreement. "I think this is something we need to discuss on our own." What does my being there have on the outcome? I really wanted to blurt it out but they both seemed to agree on this one thing and I didn't want to ruin the momentum.

"Fine." I agreed. "I'll wait one floor up, just promise me you'll both be civil."

--------

An hour and a half later my book was blocked my two shadows. "I see you two made up." I noted from their less grim faces.

"Not exactly." Edmon started.

"We figured out we may not be best friends but we'll work on getting along for your sake." Derric adds on.

"Good because I was getting hungry again." I say getting up and gathering my belongings.

"What else is new?" Derric jokes putting an arm around my shoulders and leading me to the exit. I catch sight of Edmon's face and notice he was frowning. He perks up as soon as he notices I was looking.

All I could think about was what they could have possibly talked about.

It'll just be another wonder of the world. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 2K 28
Cassie is broken when her sister/best friend dies and leaves her with her baby to raise. She is consumed with the notion that life will never be the...
554 239 17
"Young Girls are told to be delicate princesses but you can be a warrior." β­•βœ΄β­•βœ΄β­•βœ΄β­•βœ΄β­•βœ΄β­•βœ΄β­•βœ΄β­•βœ΄β­•βœ΄β­• A warrior is born. Destined to be...
1.5K 96 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
2.7K 255 99
Tana was an orphan living with her step family just like the fairy tales with romance, wicked treatment and more. Follow Tana as her world seems to b...