Ivy || Draco Malfoy

By LucyAParker

Ivy Evans, Slytherin, 6th Year, Harry Potter's twin sister, little to her and Harry's knowledge. After Ivy's... More

My Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
There's A Sequel and a New Series!!!

Prologue

75.9K 1.4K 2.5K
By LucyAParker

My name is Ivy Evans, I am 15 years old, I go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, I am in Slytherin, I am a witch, my parents are dead.

The only thing I could do was repeat that phrase over and over in my head. I felt like if I stopped then I would lose control. I sat in Professor Dumbledore's office at the end of the school year. I was not going home this summer I had learned. That would be because I don't have a home anymore. My parents were murdered. No one knew who or why, but they were gone. The only information Dumbledore could give me was that my parents were killed by the Killing Curse. They died quickly and painlessly. That did not comfort me in the slightest.

"What do I do now?" I was able to mumble out. I had stopped listening to Dumbledore's rambling a while back. I just could not believe my parents, the people who raised me, the muggles that accepted what I was, were gone.

"You always have options, Miss Evans," Dumbledore stated. I had a feeling he had more to say to me. The way his sentences were almost open-ended.

He was looking me over with concern. Whatever else he had to say he was holding back due to the state of me. I had never looked more distraught in my life. I was typically a tough girl that rarely cried or let things get to me. I was known for being very detached. I was a Slytherin for god sakes, it's part of my character!

I could image my parents lying dead on the floor, no signs of being harmed. The only indicator that they were dead was the lifelessness in their eyes and their unmoving limbs. The only explanation for this was Avada Kedavra like Dumbledore had mentioned. Someone had come into my childhood home and killed my muggle parents for reasons unknown to me. I knew that He Who Should Not Be Named was back but killing a random set of muggles was unlike him or any of his followers. At least for now. From what I understood they were staying in the shadows dealing with Harry Potter exclusively.

This last year has been very difficult for the wizarding community especially at Hogwarts with Umbridge breathing down everyone's neck and the Minister of Magic not believing He Who Shall Not Be Named is back. A lot of people didn't believe Harry Potter and Dumbledore but there were whispers amongst the Slytherins. With many of my friends having family members that were once Death Eaters, kids started to talk. No one in Slytherin would be the first to admit that Harry Potter was right, but he's right.

"It must not be safe for me to go back to my home," I said mostly to myself. I had friends but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the summer with them. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends but most of them had possible Death Eater parents and that was not something I personally wanted to get involved with.

"Ivy, we will find something that works. Your place is not safe, and I think you should know why," Dumbledore stood up from his desk and went over to his pensieve. He went through his beautifully decorate cabinet of memories before choosing one and placing it into the basin.

"Why would anyone go after my family? They're muggles!" I asked agreeing with his proposal to explaining why my life had been turned upside down. He walked back to his desk and took a seat clearly waiting for the right time to show me whatever he had put in the pensieve.

"Have you ever heard of the Order of the Phoenix?" Dumbledore asked patiently.

"Order of the Phoenix?" I questioned, never hearing of the term.

"It's a group of wizards and witches that are fighting against Voldemort," Dumbledore clarified.

I responded with a nod. There was an actual opposition to the Death Eaters. I knew the Death Eater numbers were rising and any group of people that were trying to take on He Who Must Not Be Named was not going to win. Old Death Eaters are going back, my classmates have been talking about it for months. Their voices on edge, laced with worry for their families and themselves.

"What happened to my parents?" I asked finally. I knew he was going to tell me, but he was waiting for me to ask. Dumbledore always had this air around him that he knew more than you. I never took it personally due the many years he had on me. Slytherin's think Dumbledore is biased and prefers every other house over us. I think it was just the fact that most of our parents were joining Voldemort's ranks and Dumbledore was an outspoken opposer of Voldemort himself. It just plays into our stereotype that we are all bad witches and wizards.

"I am not sure what happened to your parents Ivy, but I do have some information that I would like to tell you." The way he spoke made me very concerned. I could tell that whatever he wanted to tell me was something I wasn't going to like. I took a second before nodding for him to continue.

"Ivy, have you ever questioned who your real parents are?"

I was taken aback by that sentence. My adoptive parents were muggles. I knew that at least one of my biological parents were a witch or wizard. I was also one of the only Slytherin that has...had muggle parents. I loved my parents and I never truly understood the hatred for muggles and muggleborns.

"Do you know who they are?" I asked. I always assumed that my mom was a single mom and just left me for adoption. I didn't think my parents were anybody significant to the wizarding world.

"I think you should see this," Dumbledore gestured to the pensieve. I stood up from my chair on wobbly legs and walked towards it. I walked forward watching the silvery memory float in the basin waiting for me to go into it. I took a deep breath and waited for Dumbledore to give me the okay before I leaned forward into the pensieve. I felt the scene wash over me almost like dunking my head into a sink full of cold water. The images started to materialize into Dumbledore's office. I stood in the same place I was only moments before. It seemed to be a few years back, but Dumbledore still looked the same. Professor Snape stood in his office, clearly upset.

"They just left her!" Professor Snape yelled.

"The girl?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"Yes, everyone is worried about the boy." The way Professor Severus spoke was sharp and angry.

"Lily and James Potter would not have been pleased to know that Ivy was not being taken care of," Dumbledore said pensively.

"I will take her!" Snape said intensely. He seemed serious.

It was then that I realized they were talking about me. I was a Potter? That couldn't be right. Harry Potter was the Chosen One. The Potter family is famous. I was just Ivy Evans.

I was suddenly pulled out of the pensive. I was even more confused than I was a few minutes earlier. Was I the baby girl they were talking about? What happened if not the famous story about Harry Potter?

"Sir, what did I just see?" I asked breathlessly. I was taken aback at how little I was shown. I assumed there was more that Dumbledore wasn't ready to share. It also struck me that Professor Snape was so willing to take me in...if that was me, they were speaking of.

"Well, Miss Evans, I assume you understand that Lily and James Potter are you parents making Harry Potter your brother. There were whispers through some of our spies that Voldemort was after Harry. Your parents went into hiding. You must know the story about your parents being betrayed and Voldemort finding your family. Harry Potter you see is what Voldemort believed a prophecy was about. The prophecy stated that a child born at the end of July would be the only one to destroy him. From what I can gather, Voldemort doesn't know about you or knows very little. Your mother's love was able to protect your brother. You were untouched and hidden by your Father, who had just enough time to place you in a kitchen cupboard before Voldemort appeared. When Professor Snape went to see the damage that had been done, Harry had already been collected by Hagrid to bring to your muggle Aunt and Uncle. Severus found you and very kindly offered to care for you as his own,"

I was shocked by all the information that was being thrown at me. I had just lost my parents to gain new ones who are also dead. It was a lose-lose situation. I was surprised that Professor Snape was willing to care for me like that. That left me questioning why he didn't.

"Excuse me Professor but why didn't Professor Snape take me in?" Thoughts quickly danced around my head of the possibilities of what my life would have been like if I had been raised by one of my favorite professors.

"It would not have been safe. Severus has been playing both sides of this war for many years." Dumbledore stated. This bit of information didn't surprise me as much as I thought it would. It made sense that Snape was both an Order member and a Death Eater. His personality swung both ways. He was very much a person that did things for the sole purpose of his own interest.

"Why does he play both sides?" I asked, wanting more information on my teacher. I had suppressed my sadness and my thirst for knowledge came seeping through me.

"I suggest you ask him yourself." I nodded respectfully. "Why has no one told me of this before now?" I was struck with the sudden realization that no one had bothered to tell me. There were plenty of people who knew the truth. Dumbledore, Professor Snape, maybe even Professor Lupin, most likely anyone in the Order and I assumed I know of some of them in passing. This big secret was kept from me for Merlin knows why. I wanted to be angry, but I knew there was a reason behind it. I also silently thanked whoever decided that I would not know that the Potters were my parents. I watched silently throughout the years as Harry Potter faced many challenges due to his story. I got to live my life in peace and no pressure to be the One Who Lived.

"It was for your safety." Dumbledore confirmed my suspicions, "There was nothing I could do for Mr. Potter. The wizarding world was already whispering his name before Hagrid had even gone to collect him. I did what was best by sending him to your Aunt and Uncle who have no interest in our kind, knowing he would not be told of his fame till he came to Hogwarts. I knew that by sending you to a muggle family no one would ever make the connections and just assume that Ivy Potter was dead like her parents." Dumbledore seemed sad from our conversation. I never realized how close of a relationship he must have had to the Potters. It must have been difficult keeping this secret from me. I knew Professor Dumbledore to be an honest man, so to hide something with this much significance must have been heartbreaking.

"What do I do now, Professor? It's nice to know that my brother is the Chosen One but respectfully Sir, I don't know how that helps me with my parents now dead," As much as this new found information was interesting It didn't heal the pain of the loss of my parents. It also didn't help me with my newfound homelessness.

"Ivy, this information would have come to you regardless. It just came earlier than I would have liked. As for living arrangements, I believe Severus will gladly take you in. He was willing to many years back and I don't think that has changed."

I smiled at that thought. I had always had a good relationship with my professor. Most students hated him, but I always found his classes interesting and his mean exterior was put away when I talked to him about advanced lessons.

"Will I have time to go get my things? What about Moon?" I asked getting ready to leave. I knew my black cat was in the castle somewhere and I wanted to collect her before leaving. I had no idea where to go between now and the Hogwarts Express. I was most likely expected to go back to my Common Room to wait, but I think I needed a cold shower.

"They are taken care of don't you worry. There is also one more thing, Ivy," Dumbledore's voice stopping me from grabbing my school bag, seemed to grow sad as he spoke.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Ivy, the Order needs you to go on a mission that no one can know about if you choose to accept,"

I was intrigued. I knew I was never a Voldemort follower, but I never saw myself siding with a team like the Order. I thought it would be easier to hide in the shadows of neither side.

"What would you like me to do?" I asked my voice barely above a whisper.

"You must know Draco Malfoy? He's in your house," Dumbledore mused.

"Of course. We aren't close but we are friendly and have friends in common," I answered. We were in the same year and that counted for something. Regardless of how much we liked or disliked someone there was always respect knowing that we were only a few people of the same age in the same house.

"He was recently made a Death Eater and has a mission to accomplish in the castle." I was taken aback by that information. I knew Malfoy wasn't the most pleasant person and had strong opinions about muggles and muggleborns but not enough to be a Death Eater. My mind went straight to pity after shock. I had heard that his father was sent to Azkaban for what went down at the Ministry and well, him being a Death Eater and all. Draco must have had little to no choice but to fill his father's place.

"What is his mission?" I asked my voice betraying my sadness and nerves.

"His mission is to kill me," Dumbledore stated disappointedly.

"You want me to stop him?" I asked unsure of my own persuasion skills. This would be a difficult task. If Draco's mind was made up and he was willingly a Death Eater, I don't know if I would be able to convince him to disobey, He Who Shall Not Be Named.

"No, no. That has been taken care of. I want you to save him." He stated as if it was the simplest task in the world.

"Sir, save him?" I needed clarification on what that entailed.

Dumbledore nods and continued, "I need you to be able to convince Draco to switch sides of the war."

"Why would you need that?" I asked. If Draco Malfoy is too far gone, what use is he to the Order?

"Voldemort thought Harry Potter was the one to destroy him. I believe that you and Draco are the rightful children of the prophecy. "

"Draco Malfoy wasn't born in July," I stated simply remembering him complain a few years back that his birthday was June 5th which fell right in time for exams. He was unable to have a special party with his parents at Malfoy Manor as he did as a kid which made him miserable the week before.

Dumbledore smiled softly before answer, "But you are." to which he was right. I was born on the same day as Harry Potter which I believed was a coincidence. July 31st, the day I will be turning 16.

"Will Harry Potter know?" I asked still not registering that he was, in fact, my twin brother.

"No. Harry it to know nothing. He has his own tasks to take care of," Dumbledore said finally and strictly to get across the severity of my mission.

"I understand,"

"Will you be willing to accept?"

I nod, "Sir, it's not like I have much of a choice. If I am the real chosen one so you say. I can't do this. I will save Draco Malfoy."

"Thank you, Ivy, it will change the course of history if you are able to accomplish what I've asked of you,"

I needed to gather as much information as possible on Draco Malfoy to accomplish this task. I knew from that second forward this is what my parents would have wanted. Both of them, the Potters and my muggle parents. It was the best way for me to avenge them. I also knew myself if I had something to pour myself into then I wouldn't focus too much on the pain of the loss.

"How much does Draco know?"

"Draco only knows about the task and his new mark. He knows nothing of what we have spoken about. It is up to you to figure the best way to go about this."

I thought about it for a minute. Draco will not know that I know of his mission. It will not be an easy task to not only get him to trust me enough to tell me about his mission but to get him to change sides. This may be harder than I first thought when accepted.

I did have one trick up my sleeve though. Pansy Parkinson. She is my best friend and has had a huge crush on Draco since the first day she set eyes on him. Though he never had any interest in her they still remained good friends. I am also good friends with Blaise Zabini who is best friends with Draco Malfoy. As we always sit together and hang out in the common rooms, it may be time I speak a bit more with Malfoy. It won't seem that strange.

There was a sharp knock at the office door before it swung open. Professor Snape stood, his face void of emotion. From the years spending time with my Head of House I knew this was not good. He was upset with whatever had just happened between Professor Dumbledore and me.

"I presume she knows," Snape said not directly talking to me, as if he was ignoring my presence.

"Professor Dumbledore has explained everything to me," I answer not wanting to be talked about as if I am not there.

"I shall take her then," Snape nodded.

"What about Moon?" I asked. Dumbledore had stated my things were already taken care of, but I wanted to make sure my cat was part of those things.

"They are already at my place, the cat included," Professor Snape said. "I believe it will be better if we do not return to your parent's home. That was definitely a hit by a death eater. Unfortunately, I am unaware of who or why it happened. Regardless, it will be safer if you are to never go back to that place. You will not be taking the Hogwarts Express with your friends this evening. We will be traveling by Floo." Snape snapped.

"Severus," Dumbledore said firmly.

"It's okay, Professor," I stood up and collected my school bag. I wasn't sure I was ready for what was about to come but I knew that I had to get on with it. I wasn't a child anymore and I couldn't expect my parents or my professors to save me any longer. It was my turn now. I would save Draco Malfoy if it meant saving the wizarding world from the most terrifying Dark Wizard that has ever lived.

For the Potters, I wasn't sure if I was ready to accept them with open arms as my family just yet. Maybe it was the disbelief still or the sudden loss of the people who raised me but none of this felt real. I was sure that I would wake up any second from a horrible, horrible dream but waking up never came. I was stuck in this nightmare that had now become my life.

I had suddenly realized that I had followed Professor Snape all the way to his office and was stood in front of his fireplace. He handed me the bowl of floo powered and I stepped inside just going through the motions.

"Snape Residence," I shouted before dropping the powder on the floor of what was the last time, I would be leaving Hogwarts as just Ivy Evans. 

~

Thank you, everyone, for reading! I hope you liked it. If you did like it, I would love to see your comments and love. Till the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 7.3K 30
This story follows Ivy Parkinson, the twin sister of Pansy Parkinson, and her journey through her seventh year at Hogwarts. She's lived her whole lif...
849K 25.4K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...
2M 52.5K 73
"𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗲." Y/n Whitmoore, daughter of well known purebloods, is entering her sixth year at Hogwarts...
249K 9.5K 74
"There's nothing to risk." "To 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 is to 𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓴." Draco Malfoy x Reader FanFiction (6 + 7 year, Lightening Era) All characters belong to: J.K...