Pas de Deux {Bakugou Katsuki...

LadysDaze által

You were an aspiring ballerina, always held back by the echoes left in your home. Working hard to find a plac... Több

A Warning to Future Readers
WRITING REQUEST GIVEAWAY!
Chacun Voit Midi à Sa Porte
Exulansis
Espy
Recollection
Altschmerz
Lachesism
Anecdoche
Keyframe
Monachopsis
Jouska
Gnossienne
Mal De Coucou
Xeno
Slipcast
Aimonomia
Nodus Tollens
Kenopsia
Deep Cut
Sonder
La Gaudière
Hanker Sore
Flashover
Contact High-Five
Mauerbauertraurigkeit
The Bends
Apomakrysmenophobia
Trumspringa
Moriturism
Anchorage
Chrysalism
Silience
Ambedo
Ecstatic Shock
La Cuna
Antematter
Fata Organa
Heartworm
Rubatosis
Waldosia
Lalalalia
Swish Fulfillment
Rollover Reaction
Onism
Nementia
Funkenzwangsvorstellung
Anthrodynia
Zielschmerz
Kairosclerosis
Midding (Finale)

Lethobenthos

8.6K 508 233
LadysDaze által

Ch.40 - Lethobenthos

Everyone was watching with anticipation as the girl came forward, successfully doing a spin over the other female. Then suddenly she was falling towards the floor, clear of her teammates and using her arms as balance as her legs began to propel herself around a few times. Twisting, turning, flipping, and bouncing to the beat without fail.

A dip in the tune was what brought the four males back out onto the stage, giving the pink Tanuki a moment to rest before she and the purple Kamui would need to be back onto the stage to do join in with the double sets of two and thus creating three sets of pairs. Until then, you stood to the side, watching with awe at how your friends weaved in and out of their movements and each other.

"You look amazed." Mina laughed, waiting on the side next to you.

She looked out of breath, but even so, was filled to the brim with energy, her smiles showing off how glad she truly was to be able to get her movements down perfectly on the first full practice run as a group. Until now the routine had all been broken into pieces and practiced to death.

But now with the competition in less than two weeks... it meant major crunch time for Vindicous. So of course, practice sessions had been doubled, now running for around two to three hours three times a week. And with ballet still in full gear, you and Bakugou had exhausted your bodies, but even so, neither one of you ever complained.

And with your lack of complaining, the others had followed suit. So despite how no one moved or did anything on Sundays any longer... Monday through Saturday was draining and tiring. But it was also rewarding and full of plenty of fun times with trusted friends.

You turned in line with Mina, her gently using your momentum and you using hers to push off. Her into the arms of Kirishima and you into Bakugou, the males putting their bodies down into a rock like stance, making it easy for you and Mina to use the speed from the pushing to place a foot on the boy's legs and then propel yourselves over the males.

Mina and you doing a triple somersault in the air, then open your arms and legs quickly, looking like a starfish. The next moment you both were caught: Sero holding Mina and Kaminari holding you. The music ending with one final beating of drums, Kirishima and Kaminari's neon dancing equipment making the colored light on all your costumes dim out one by one with the beats. The girls in the arms of their catchers, while the boys who had helped launch them struck a pose that looked like it belonged on a boy band cover. Arms crossed and looking ready for a fight.

The song ended, leaving everyone in the dark for a moment. Then slowly, the lights of your studio came on. A dark-haired female clapping her hands as she came forward, a tray filled with water and healthy sliced fruits in balanced in one of her hands.

"Marvelous! Simply spectacular!" Yaoyorozo beamed.

"It didn't suck." Jirou commented. "And... it's good to see my music is being put to good use."

"Awe you're just the best music partner, Kyouka!" Mina cried, happy that while Jirou wasn't heavily involved, she still came to see the final practices and make any last minute changes to the music she made.

This time though, Jirou was collabing with more than just Bakugou and Sero... as Yaoyorozu had said she could learn electric piano during Christmas break. And Yaoyorozu always delivered... thus adding another instrument to the ensemble of sound.

"You've been a really big help, both of you." Kirishima spoke kindly, bowing to his musically talented peers. "So, thank you both so much!"

Jirou laughed as Momo tried to wave the redhead off. He was being that overkind and empowering boy with a golden heart again... something that nearly brought anyone who was moved by words to tears... including Yaoyorozu.

So distracted by the antics of his friends, Kaminari seemed to have forgotten something very obvious.

"Kami-kun." You muttered, shifting awkwardly. "Could you... um please put me down now? I think I can land this distance from your arms to the floor."

Kaminari blushed darkly, not believing he had spaced this much. Even so, he allowed you to get down. Apologizing slightly for having kept you in his arms for so long, he let you down. The poor straw blonde boy not missing the feeling of someone watching him from the corner of his eyes.

"B-Bakubro!" Kaminari turned to the other blonde in a panic. "I swear I wasn't trying to do anything that breaks the bro-code! I was spacing out!"

Bakugou shrugged. "Long as you keep catching her, Dunce Face... then we won't have a fucking problem."

Bakugou shuffled past him, snagging the changing room first. Everyone else was making light chatter, Yaoyorozu touching your loose and thick costume saying all sorts of things and questions about how you moved so well with such baggy outfits.

Mina was doing her best to explain. Kirishima as well. Meanwhile, Sero was telling Kaminari he better always catch you, less the golden eyed boy really end up six feet under prematurely.

Soon enough, everyone was changed, the room cleaned and packed up, and everyone was lounging around your living room. You had run up to your room really quick, leaving everyone to make light chatter while you got whatever it was that you needed.

"Okay. Found my purse." You spoke, walking back into the room. "So I'm ready to go."

Sero blinked. "Where are we going?"

"It's not a 'we'." Mina told the boys all looking confused. "The girls are going for tea."

"Which means you all have to leave now too." Jirou spoke. "Cause (Name)'s nice... but there's no way she'd let any of you stay here unsupervised."

"Hey!" Several voices shouted.

"Now now, Ji-chan." You spoke up sweetly. "I trust Kiri-kun to watch over my house. And maybe Ser-kun too..."

Before Bakugou or Kaminari could ask why they were not trustworthy though, the elevator arrived and everyone filed inside. Kaminari complaining about not being able to hang out and get tea with the girls, only to have Kirishima and Sero say they were free.

Thus the three were now going to see a movie. And Bakugou... he had made it clear from the beginning that he was going home the moment he got out onto the street. Since practice had been early this Saturday, all he wanted was to go home, get out of the cold and then also take a nap until dinner time.

At the crossroads between the tea shop, train station and the movie theater, everyone bid their goodbyes. You making sure to do a quick goodbye to the boys, and leave more time to say goodbye to the ash blonde boy.

"I'll see you on Monday then." You told him, smiling at him as he took earphones out of his bag.

"Yeah." He nodded. "And keep practicing Twinkle Toes... you were almost as good as me today."

"Well, I strive to be as good as you... but without the attitude and ego, Gou-kun." You laughed slightly, Bakugou batting your shoulder playfully.

"Shut the hell up and go have your girl time..." He scoffed, turning his back from you.

"I am!" You laughed, seeing him start to walk away. "I'll text you later, Gou-kun."

"Better not fucking wake me up if and when you do, idiot..." Were his last words before he was totally plugged into his music.

A silhouette among the first rays of sunlight after a cold and harsh winter. March was right around the corner now, and soon... you all could be free of the extra layers on your shoulders.

~~~~~

The tearoom was as serene as usual. The four of you having been sat at a nice and isolated section in the back of the room. No one aside from the waitress coming to pester or bother you. The atmosphere nice and calm as the tea was sipped idly.

"Okay... it's bothering me way too much." Jirou suddenly broke the silence.

"Is everything okay, Jirou-san?" Yaoyorozu spoke, placing her teacup down.

"Yes but... I'm so confused." The rock music lover exhaled, looking at you. "I'm sorry to be so direct but... are you and Bakugou dating?"

You blinked. "No. We're not. We're just friends."

Jirou threw her hands up. "Just friends? What do you mean just friends? The way you both look at each other is not how friends look at each other!"

"And with all the flirting you both do... it's hard to believe anything of the sort..." Mina grumbled.

"A-Ashi-chan!" You gasped, the tea in your hands nearly falling out of your grasp. "G-Gou-kun and I... we just-! We're not-!"

You placed your teacup down, Burying your face into your hands, trying to hide the major blush on your face. Your feelings of the ash blonde coming back very quickly, and suddenly with every memory of what he had done for your happiness and his tender touches... made you wish the AC was on in this shop.

"Rozu-chan.... Please help me..." You whined, turning to Yaoyorozu who gave you an apologetic look.

"Sorry, (Last Name)-san... but Kaminari-san and I have placed a wager on who we think will ask the other out first." She seemed much too happy about this gamble.

"Ohhh! Who did you choose?" Mina was gushing, despite you embarrassed state.

"(Last Name)-san, of course." Yaoyorozu spoke with unwavering confidence in you.

"She seems a bit shy to me right now to even tell us how she feels... how is she going to say it to Bakugou?" Jirou mentioned, everyone seeing how you were now putting way too many sugar cubes into your tea, the cubes not even dissolving but making a big sugar and sticky mess in your cup.

"I think (Nickname) will as well." Ashido smiled, then turned to Yaoyorozu. "Can I join in on this bet as well?"

"Oh yes! Kaminari was just saying how Sero and Kirishima were interested. Would you like to join as well, Jirou-san?" You were beginning to think Yaoyorozu might have a slight gambling addiction.

"No... I'm good. But thanks." Jirou laughed, looking at you. "And looks like you've got a bunch of people rooting for you to put the pants on first."

"Gee... exactly what I needed... more stress and responsibilities." You sunk into your seat.

"Moving along." Yaoyorozu returned to her usual self. "You do like Bakugou-san, right?"

You nodded, slowly coming back up to sit properly and talk to your much loved, but not when they were teasing you so much, friends. Their expressions growing with happiness as you admitted to them your crush.

"I like him more than any of you know." You spoke.

Mina's eyes lit up. "Wait! Are you saying you love Bakugou?!"

Yaoyorozu and Jirou were just as encapsulated right now, wanting to hear your answer to this as much as the girl with the pink dyed hair. You blinked, opening your mouth and inhaling, ready to answer. However, you stopped yourself.

You quieted down, instead answering them with what you knew they might not want to hear... but it was what felt right to you. And you wanted to make it right, because... this feeling he gave you, was unique and you always wanted it to be a warm, lovely, and comfortable one.

"I want him to be the first one to hear me say or admit it..." You spoke gently, a smile on your features and eyes off elsewhere. "So... I hope you'd all understand why I can't answer your question just yet."

The answer you had given had more than satisfied.

The girls all exchanged looks with one another, smiling themselves before they all looked back at you. They nodded, smiles not fading nor the hard to miss support in their eyes. It was all that needed to be said, and soon the conversation had moved on to something else.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

3.6K 72 31
Your last year at UA was supposed to be the best one yet, you were close to graduation and class 3-A was certain that it would be a year none of you...
52.1K 1.1K 82
You find yourself falling in love with someone unexpected, you only came to UA to become a hero. But now your heart is torn between two enemies, dra...
118K 2.8K 46
katsuki bakugo has been desperately in love with his best friend y/n Aizawa since the young age of four but is too terrified to tell her in fear of r...
30.5K 1.1K 7
I decided to contribute to Kiribaku Week 2019, simply because I didn't last year, and honestly I felt stupid for missing it. So this year, I will not...