the king and his bride | k.th

Da x_linn_

[discontinued] "He must be quite fond of you if he's calling for you even in the middle of the day." "I don't... Altro

introduction
playlist
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
TKAHB universe
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
Discontinued

sixteen

5.6K 340 115
Da x_linn_

Love bites

It took me all the willpower my body could generate to finally open my eyes.

The soft sheets, the warm morning sunlight and the silent chirping of birds was all so comforting I didn't want to wake up at all. All I wanted was to stay put, wrapped in the comfort of the beautifully peaceful morning.

But I knew I had to get up, this was not a place for me to laze around after all. I had my responsibilities, one of them being to wake up before he does. For the sole reason of safety and avoiding any embarrassing situations.

Yawning I sat up, holding the bed sheets against my bare chest. It was sunny outside already, meaning it wasn't the usual time I tend to wake up. Silently praying to all the Gods I knew, I glanced to the other side of the bed, wishing to find the king sleeping soundly as usual.

But all I was met with were messy bed sheets thrown over the edge of the bed, the other side of the bed empty. Gasping silently I looked around the room, wondering where the guy could be. Did I really wake up late?

The sudden sound of water from behind the bathroom's door made me curse silently, scurrying up from the bed in order to dress myself as quickly as possible.

Better leave this room before he finishes his shower, I really do not wish to see him right now. The memories of last night were still fresh and I needed some alone-time to think things through before I could face him again.

Putting on the night gown I glanced in the mirror by the wall, observing the dark marks around my upper chest and neck. Gulping, I traced the swollen skin gently with my fingertip, hissing as it was still stinging a bit.

He had never marked me this much before, usually they were just small, barely visible marks here and there. But this, God I won't even be able to cover them up with make up!

"You're up." I yelped at the sudden presence in the room, the king looking at me from behind my shoulder in the body-length mirror. I quickly turned around to bow.

"G-good morning your Majesty, I apologize I overslept! I will be out immediately!" I ranted, adjusting my hair sloppily as I glanced nervously at the door of the room, ready to make an exit for it as quickly as humanly possible.

"It's okay, you were exhausted. Take your time." he said seeming really calm and content. It was rare sight, seeing him so pleasantly at ease.

I nodded and as I was ready to rush out of the room I shrieked quietly, a sudden wave of pain from my lower region making me hold the closest thing to keep myself up.

"Are you alright?" he asked, walking towards me as each step made me redden more and more.

All the nights spend with him were now having their revenge on my body, making me curse myself for not seeing this earlier. Ever since I had my first time with him, he called for me almost every night, making my body overwhelmed and worn-out.

"Y-yes, I'm fine. Please, excuse me." I muttered with my head down, too embarrassed to even give him a last glance before running out of the room.

It wasn't like the pain was new to me, I was already used to the unsettling throbbing through out the day and mainly in the morning. But today it was too much, it was even making walking difficult.

"Dammit." cursing, I wobbled to my room, hoping I won't run into anyone on my way.

The last thing I needed was someone suspecting me of being drunk, more so this early in the morning.

"It's all gonna be alright." cooed Seokjin, patting my hair as I leaned my head on his shoulder observing the dining room around me with a blank face. Jisoo was sitting on the other side of the table with a concerned and slightly mad expression on.

All I intended was to have a peaceful breakfast, trying to push my mind away from the mishap I had to deal with as I felt too tired to think of it. But with the arrival of Seokjin, I had no choice but to spill out everything, including my past to make everything clear for him.

"He didn't even let me explain myself. He didn't let me talk." I muttered, staring blankly at the table in front of us, my plate of food untouched as I lost all my appetite the moment we started to talk about yesterday.

"That's Taehyung for you. He's a stubborn idiot who doesn't listen to anyone." sighed Seokjin with a little shake of his head, the troubled sound of his voice making me regret I dragged him into my mess as well.

"Thanks for saying that Captain Obvious." grumbled Jisoo, stabbing the fork into her omelets with an annoyed look. "Why won't you tell him something? You're his best friend-"

"Didn't you hear what I said? He doesn't listen to anyone including me." retorted Seokjin, his troubled face turning into a regretful one. I sighed, turning my face to push it against his jacket as I didn't want to watch them argue because of me.

"What he did was way out of line! He forbid her to meet up with Jungkook! Without even knowing the whole story!" boomed Jisoo, throwing the fork harshly against the plate. I jerked in my place, sighing heavily.

"Please, don't fight..." I muttered but the only person who heard me was Seokjin as he heaved a sigh, slouching against the seat.

"He's stubborn but not cruel." he said calmly, giving Jisoo a soft, scolding look before turning to me. "Try talking to him about it once you think it's the right opportunity to do so. I'm sure knowing the whole truth would make him reconsider his decision." he assured, making me quirk up my eyebrows as I lifted my head from his shoulder. The bewildered look on my face could clearly show the confusion.

Talking to him? I'm supposed to tell him about my family? My past? Is that really the only way?

"You mean I should tell him about my family?" I asked quietly, still not sure about the cranky idea.

Would the king even care about all that?

"If you want this solved, then it would be the best idea." he nodded, giving me a reassuring pat on my head and a small smile.

"I can try but...I don't think that will happen so soon." I mumbled defeated, propping my elbows on the table as I looked at the plate filled with food. Maybe I should have a bite. I'm hungry.

"What are you going to do till then?" piped up Jisoo who looked like she finally calmed down from her rage, however the slightly stiff expression never left her stunning face.

"I decided already. I will just have to meet Jungkook in secret." I stated with a firm nod before turning towards Seokjin with an unsure gaze "You won't rat me out, right?" I asked, feeling bad for Seokjin and this situation.

I can only imagine how hard this situation must be for him. He's not only our friend, but the king's best friend as well. It must be difficult, residing on both sides and not being able to help any of us if he wants to stay loyal to all the people he holds dear. He must be really burdened.

"Ouch, that hurt like a bitch. You really think I would do that?" he asked with an offended expression, his inner drama queen returning back to surface. I laughed lightly, shaking my head.

With the corner of my eye, I could notice Jisoo smile softly to herself as well, however I didn't make a comment on it, still not being sure what was going on between the two of them.

"Of course I'm not going to, I understand you." he added with a small smile. "But I need to warn you. Taehyung can get any information about anything and anyone with the snap of his fingers. For all I know he could already assign spies or guards to watch over you. You should be careful." gulping I nodded, shivers running up my spine at the thought of him assigning spies to watch over me.

He really is able to do that, isn't he?

"I will, oppa. I'm sorry you have to keep secrets from your best friend because of me." I muttered, bowing my head in apology. It really sorrowed me, knowing I burdened him with my problems while I was sure he had enough for himself already.

"Don't apologize dear, it's his fault he's being a douche." I giggled at his sassy tone, nodding.

He really was being a douche, I have to give Seokjin that.

"I will have to go now, good luck Chae." he said after glancing at the watch on the wall, quickly standing up from his seat. "Bye girls!" I was ready to bid him goodbye but the sudden squeak of a chair dragging against the floor stopped me, Jisoo already standing up in rush as well.

"Wait! The two of us need to talk." she urged bluntly, taking him by his wrist hastily as she began to drag him out of the room.

"W-wait, what do we-" I giggled as I noticed Jin struggle against her hold with reddened cheeks, glancing back at me with a frightened face.

"Have fun!" I cheered behind them, laughing as Jisoo threw me a halfhearted glare before disappearing with the struggling guy behind the door.

I sighed heavily, slouching my shoulders while looking at the food on the table. Might as well start eating, I'm sure it's cold already anyways.

"The guy's right." however the fork didn't manage to get into my mouth as my arm stopped midway, hearing the slightly familiar voice right behind me. I turned around to look at Sueji who was sitting alone by the table right behind me, her back facing mine.

"Huh?" I watched confusedly as she gave me a glance from behind her shoulder, a half eaten apple in her hand.

"As long as you reside in this kingdom, the king can always find out anything about you and the people close to you. It's scary at times, how much he knows." I stayed silent, processing the information before abandoning my breakfast once again, sitting next to her with a curious face.

"What...are you trying to say?" I muttered wide-eyed, playing with my fingers in my lap nervously.

"I'm not trying to discourage you from meeting that friend of yours, it's true you have all the rights to meet up with your friends and relatives. However," she began, giving me single side glance before turning her attention back to her apple. "do not make the same mistake I did. You have to be really careful in order to escape his eyes."

I stayed a little taken aback, not being sure how to react. The same mistake? Did she ever try to sneak out for someone as well? Ever since Jisoo and Jennie told me about Sueji and her relationship with the king, I couldn't help but be curious about her. I silently wished for hearing her side of the story one day. She looked really closed off, distant and mysterious. Most of the time she would be by herself. I really wanted to know the reason behind her acting. But I knew it wasn't my place to snoop around.

"W-what do you mean by mistake? What do I have to do?" I sputtered, perplexed.

"Night. Go and see him at night. The king really does involve spies once he's suspicious of something. But they won't be able to catch you if you sneak out at night." shrugging, she again glanced my way but with more meaningful look this time.

"You think...that would help?" I questioned silently, frowning. It's true they probably wouldn't bother guarding me at night. But at this point, I wasn't sure of anything anymore.

"I'm not sure." she sighed, shaking her head. "But I'm more than positive that it is way more safer than meeting him in the daylight, in the city full of people and royal workers. Even the most kind and friendly people could rat you out if they can get their greedy hands on money for that. It's important to be careful these days."

Sighing I nodded, leaning against my chair in thoughts. It's true it did have some sense to it. And somehow, even thought I didn't know her that well, I had the hunch I could trust Sueji on this one.

"Thank you Seuji. I hope that will do." I said, giving her a grateful smile. To my surprise she returned a kind smile as well, nodding her head.

"I wish you luck."

"Are you going to come out or not?" I bit my lip as I wrapped the towel tighter around my bare body, peeking my head out from behind the linen wall to look at the girls who were already seated in the hot tubs. Jisoo, Miyeon and Jennie were in one tub while few other girls including Tzuyu were in the next one.

At first, I was really excited to try out the spa and its hot tubs but now, when I realized the reality of it, I don't think I'm that eager anymore.

"I don't know, this just doesn't feel right." I whined, looking down at myself before glancing back at the girls nervously.

"Oh come on, we're all girls in here." chuckled Miyeon, dipping further down into the steaming water.

"I'm just...not used to take baths with...people." uttering I stepped from one feet to another, my cheeks going a little pink from the embarrassment as well as the heat in the room.

"Just think of it as going into a pool!" exclaimed Jennie, making me frown as I peeked under my towel.

"But I'm not wearing anything!" I whined again, hoping they would let me off the hook at least for today. I could have just stayed in my damned room, I really wasn't feeling it in the moment.

"Park Chaeyoung, come out this instance or I swear to the mother of holy hell-"

"Alright, alright I'm going, geez." I interrupted Jisoo's ranting, not wanting to anger the fuming girl even more.

Ever since she came back from the 'talk' she had with Seokjin, she has been acting a little odd. However I wasn't sure if it was okay to ask her, so I let it be, not wanting to be a snoop.

Heaving a sigh while cursing the heavens in my head, I threw off the towel and with my arms around my chest I quickly walked from behind the wall and down the steps into the hot tub.

"Yaas, show that body g-" Miyeon stopped herself in the middle of her wild exclaim and the whole room became suddenly deathly quiet. I looked up curiously, wondering what happened but all I got were dumbstruck and even terrified looks my way. I hugged my chest even tighter, the water already reaching my hips.

"What is it?" I uttered, frowning as all the girls continued to stare at me stupidly, some of their jaws already falling down. Even the girls from the next tub! Am I that ugly or what?

"A-are those...love bites?" stuttered Jisoo and in that moment it clicked, the surprised looks finally making a little bit of sense now.

"Huh-w-wait! W-what are you doing?!" Jisoo raced towards me in the water, grabbing my wrists and pulling my arms away from my chest to get a better look at my upper body. "Unnie, stop-" I tried to resist, shrieking as I was weirded out by the sudden confrontation.

"Did the king give you those love bites? Chae, did he?!" Jisoo demanded as she kept on observing the purple marks wide-eyed, the other two girls in our tub coming closer a well.

"H-he did, what's the deal anyways?" I asked, finally freeing my wrists from her hold to hide my chest again. "Girls?"

They all either kept on observing my body or glanced between each other, making me even more confused and uneasy.

"I-it's nothing, we're just surprised." admitted Jennie, giving me a weak smile before averting her gaze from me to somewhere else. She looked lost and confused, as if something just didn't make a sense to her.

"Why?"

"It's rare for him to give us hickeys." said Jisoo and grabbed my hand, leading me towards the edge of the tub were we sat down, the water reaching right over our breasts.

"Rare? Bitch I never even got one." said Tzuyu from the other bath, making me crane my neck to look at her, perplexed.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, we thought he's just not the type to do that." nodded Miyeon, shrugging her shoulders.

"You know how we told you he tends to have his favorites from time to time?" asked Jisoo, giving me an uneasy look as it was obvious she was still not sure whether or how to tell me whatever she had on her mind.

"Yeah?"

"He usually tends to give love bites to those only but still, they were always just one or two, almost invisible marks. I don't think this," she huffed, exaggeratedly pointing at my upper body with violent moves of her arms. "ever happened before."

I stared blankly at her, not being sure whether to believe whatever she was saying. That was impossible, I'm no expert or anything but...aren't love bites like a great part of sex and making out?

"I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. Maybe he just let himself lose control for a little bit?" I shrugged, trying to stop them from going to excessive and ridiculous closures.

After yesterday, I decided I'm not going to let myself be fooled anymore. He made sure I knew I was nothing but another bride to him, one who had no special place in his life. The 'special treatment' he gave me was just a temporary thing. I didn't have the right to even touch him anymore. It was all fake.

As much as the thought of it all coming to an end made my insides clench painfully and my chest throb, I had to come to the terms with the truth.

"A little bit? Chae, they're almost black! And there's at least thirty of them! Did this happen yesterday? They still look fresh." questioned Jisoo, poking one of the marks on my my upper chest just under my collarbone. I hissed silently, giving her a disapproving look before nodding, rubbing the spot gently.

"Yeah," I sighed, biting my lip as I looked down, watching the water swirl in soft shades of pink thanks to the bath soap Jisoo poured in the hot tub earlier. "he said something about letting the others know who I belong to." I shrugged, trying to look indifferent even in spite of the gentle tingling in my tummy at the mention of it.

"Oooh," they all sung, giving me playful looks and I could feel my cheeks redden instantly.

"Chaeyoung you go!" the cheers made me shake my head hastily, waving my hands around in the air to try and calm down the loud girls since they were obviously having ridiculous thoughts again.

"Wait-no-"

"That's strange, it's almost worrisome how possessive he's of you." Jennie muttered quietly, the other girls quieting down as they all nodded in agreement, a thoughtful expressions suddenly adoring their faces.

"Isn't he of all of us?" asking, I unconsciously placed my palm over the back of my neck, my fingers grazing one of the marks softly as Jennie and Jisoo followed my movements, observing the marks over my neck once again.

"Not this much babe, I'm surprised he still doesn't have you on a leash by now." said Tzuyu from the other tub, making me gape at her sudden exclaim as I turned around to look at her surprised and dumbfounded.

"Shut up!" scolded Jisoo, giving her a disapproving look before turning to me who was still gazing at Tzuyu with lost and a little terrified look.

"It's okay, don't listen to her." assured Jisoo, draping her arm around my shoulder. I looked at her biting my lip before glancing down, sighing. "Do you perhaps...have something to say to me? To us?" she asked quietly, looking in between me and Jennie before focusing her gaze at me, giving me a weak smile. I looked at her, considering whether it was a wise idea to explain everything I had in mind. I sighed, nodding.

"Yeah, yeah I have."

That day, I ended up spilling out everything to the two girls. Everything from the start. About the way the king treated me and about the way it made me feel. About the internal wars I had with myself daily and about the thoughts clouding my mind over since the first day here in the palace. In the end I confessed about the confusion, the euphoria and the overwhelming feels controlling my being every time I was with him.

I knew I could trust the two, and so I did. I told them everything, threw away the burdens of bearing everything by my own. Because I knew they were there for me, and they were not going to judge nor betray me.

***

wrote this chapter a little differently, I concentrated mainly on the dialogues, more than in any previous chapters

be free to tell me what you think about this chapter!

if you like my book, don't be a silent reader and support this story, it would mean A LOT <3

#stillnophone and I'll surely go crazy without it soon

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

185K 2.6K 22
[RATED M] [ONLY 25 ONESHOTS] WARNING FOR HARDSTAN + 21 π˜Ώπ™Šπ™‰'𝙏 π™π™€π˜Όπ˜Ώ 𝙄𝙁 π™”π™Šπ™ 𝙁𝙀𝙀𝙇 π™π™π™„π™‚π™‚π™€π™π™€π˜Ώ ↬ 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘢...
10.2K 1.1K 36
Y/N, a famous K-pop idol, signs a special contract with HYBE Corporation. In addition to creating albums as an idol, Y/N has also agreed to film adve...
Her Crush Da wupew21

Storie d'amore

31.8K 1.9K 12
Her crush. His dearest fans. Crush on someone : Feeling of love and admiration for someone, often someone you know you cannot have a relationship wit...
93.7K 5.4K 69
"Are you sure I'm not on your bias list?" Taehyung said, looking at you curiously, waiting for a response. "NO. you're on the alien list." you said...