Liars And Thieves

By ashhhirwin

"๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ข๐ง'๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ญ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author's Note

Chapter 43

421 16 14
By ashhhirwin

A few days later.

Grace pushed the doors open to Dutch's room before marching through his room to his balcony. Grace rounded the corner of the door to find Dutch and Hosea sitting together. Grace's mouth opened as she prepared to lecture them before Dutch cut her off.

"No," Dutch butted immediately. Hosea nodded in agreement with Dutch. Grace crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's healed."

"It's healing," Hosea corrected. Dutch gave Hosea a smirk before looking back at Grace.

"You ain't coming on the robbery," Dutch stated. Grace shook her head at him in denial.

"Over my damn dead body," she argued. Dutch sighed as Hosea scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, knowing Grace wasn't done. "Look, I don't need to go in the bank. I just want to help," Grace offered. Dutch and Hosea both shook their heads at her in unison. Grace sighed, stomping a foot lightly in annoyance. "It ain't fair. Charles helped out in the mountains with a bad hand-"

"That was a different situation," Dutch informed, holding a hand up to stop her. "We needed all the help we could get and that boy would not take no as an answer."

"And neither will I!" Grace stated. Hosea chuckled slightly as he lifted himself from the chair he sat on. He looked down at Dutch as he stood up, stretching his back.

"She's all yours," Hosea joked before walking past Grace and out the doors, leaving the two of them. Grace sighed as she moved to the seat Hosea had just left, sitting down beside Dutch. 

"What do you plan on doing if you ain't goin' to go in the bank?" Dutch asked with a long sigh. Grace grinned slightly, almost jumping out of her seat in joy. Dutch caught hint of her excitement and held a finger up to her. "If you ride with us."

"I was thinking I either help Hosea and Abigail with the distraction or," Grace paused as she scanned Dutch's face as he took note of her idea. "Or I wait by the bridge into Saint Denis that is the closest to Saint Denis and wait for Hosea and Abigail to get out of there and I can get them home safely."

"Both roles are important and extremely hands on..." Dutch explained before motioning down to her hip. "A hip is different to a hand, Grace."

"I...I know," Grace caught herself before bursting into another lecture. The two of them stayed quiet for a bit before Dutch finally spoke again. 

"I suppose either could work. Hosea and I will discuss together what you should do and what would be best," Dutch nodded as he informed Grace. Grace laughed happily before hugging Dutch. Dutch chuckled at her, patting her back with a hand. 

"Thank you!" Grace cheered before pulling away. Dutch tried his hardest not to grin but she could see the smirk playing on his lips. Grace jumped up from her chair, heading towards the doors that led back into his room. "I mean it, Dutch. Thank you," she thanked again. Dutch nodded and with that Grace walked away from the balcony. She stopped halfway through the room, feeling a heavy weight sink down on her. She hadn't told Dutch she was leaving after the robbery. Something inside of her was telling her to tell him, things could be worse for her if she just disappears. But then she also didn't want to tell him because she was afraid of what he would do. Grace knew what was best to do, even if it meant things going bad. She found herself turning back around and walking back out onto the balcony. Dutch frowned when he saw her walk back out.

"Is there a problem?" He asked. Grace stayed quiet before finally finding the courage to look at him. She could feel her mouth go dry just with nerves.

"I...I-"

"What is it?" Dutch asked, sounding concerned. He stood up, staying by his seat.

"I just wanted to let you know," the words rushed out of her mouth. Grace took a deep breath, calming herself. "I'm staying behind when you all leave for Tahiti." Dutch stared at her for a few moments, no emotion was on his face as he just stared into her soul. Finally anger plastered his face.

"WHAT?" He shouted. Grace jumped as he pushed the chair out of his way. She stared at him in shock. She knew his yelling had caught attention of the gang, Grace hated the fact that everyone was watching the scene on the balcony now. 

"I don't want to leave, Dutch. I...I don't want this life anymore," Grace explained, trying to sound confident but her voice shook. Dutch shook his head in fury.

"No...no. Don't even try to excuse yourself!" Dutch hissed before pacing away from her, his back to her. She watched as his back heaved as he took deep breaths. He turned back around to her, his eyes still harsh on her. "You used us."

"What? No, it's not like th-"

"YOU. USED. US!" He roared. Grace fell silent as she couldn't believe what she was hearing. Grace looked down to see the whole gang gathered under the balcony, staring up in curiosity. "You just wanted enough money so you could leave. What happened to being family?" He hissed, a finger darting at her. Grace held her hands up in defence, attempting to try and change his mind. 

"Dutch, listen to me! Please," she cried out. Dutch fell silent but the hatred in his eyes continued to scream louder. She swallowed back a lump of fear before finally speaking again.

"Keep my share of the money, I don't want it. What I want to do is help my family get out of here. Why would I want to help with the robbery if I used you? Exactly, I wouldn't!" Grace hissed at him. He frowned at her in confusion before she continued. "I would never use you. Not after all these years."

"Do you not feel safe here?" Dutch asked, trying to figure out why she wanted to leave. "Do you not feel safe around outlaws? Is that it?"

"It's not like that, Dutch. I just think I'm not cut out for this anymore," Grace muttered softly, before pointing to her wound. "This reminded me that I needed to leave before I get killed."

"You aren't loyal then," Dutch declared. "If you're afraid to die for us, you are not loyal."

"No, I would happily die for this gang. I just don't want to die yet," Grace continued, attempting to save herself from being buried by the people she calls family. 

"Does Arthur know?" Dutch questioned, lowering his voice. Grace didn't respond so Dutch repeated himself, taking a step closer. "Does Arthur know? Is he going to leave me too?"

"No, he isn't leaving. He is going with you," Grace assured. Dutch rubbed a hand over his face as he looked away from her. "It's just me who is leaving."

"How do I know you won't rat?" Dutch asked, his eyes locking back onto her like she was prey. 

"I haven't ratted after all these years, why would I now? Dutch, I don't want to leave the gang. This is my family," Grace motioned to everyone below them. "I don't think I can bring myself to killing anymore. Once you all leave for Tahiti, I'm going to go South, down to New Austin. I want a job, I want to sleep at night knowing I won't be ambushed by Pinkertons."

"What I have here is a future," Dutch informed. Grace shook her head at him, tears springing to her eyes.

"No," she croaked. She blinked away tears before speaking again. "What you have here is your future, Dutch." Dutch fell silent, his eyes easing on her. She felt the tension begin to drop as he stared blankly at her. 

"You're like a daughter to me," Dutch admitted. Grace nodded, giving him a small smile of appreciation. 

"You were the Father figure I needed. You taught me to listen to my heart, just like you listen to yours. I'm listening to my heart now," Grace informed. Dutch nodded at her, giving her a small grin. He opened his arms out of her, pulling her into a hug. Grace accepted, feeling his warmth. "I promise, I'm going to make sure you all leave for Tahiti. I want my family to be safe," Grace reminded. Dutch nodded before they both pulled away. He placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You'll always be my daughter," Dutch reminded. Grace nodded, placing a hand on top of his. He removed his hand before walking out the doors. Grace watched as he turned around, pointing past her to the crowd. "Now you gotta tell them." Dutch continued to walk away and Grace looked down at the crowd which had now broken down as people went off to continue with what they were doing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.2K 2.3K 20
(Y/n) (l/n), a name that everyone knew. Being right hand man of one of the most famous gang leaders has it's perks. The O'Driscolls were one of the m...
208K 6.3K 47
Arthur Morgan, a crucial gunslinger of the Van der Linde Gang, joins in on the usual coach robbery, when suddenly, unexpected guests drop by. All b...
499 57 19
๐—–๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ is a strong woman who's not afraid of death. She's been taught how to fight properly and doesn't hesitate to protect those who she...
14.7K 918 61
[[A slow burn OCxArthur story with both new and original characters]] They say the best things in life are unplanned. But sometimes... they're the wo...