Can't Stop Me (Sick!Deku AU)

Από Angelbellz

Izuku Midoriya was born an adventerous, cheerful child. He became friends with Katsuki Bakugo when they were... Περισσότερα

Quirks
A Promise
Suspension
Middle School
Sludge
Wake Up
Meeting Ururaka
Lunch Break
Mr Yagi
What's A Dad?
TA
Unforeseen Situation Joint
First Encounter With Villains
So Cold
Steps
Ka-Bear
Talk
Visitation
Shitty Hair
The Sport's Festival
It Wasn't A Win
Meeting Place
Izuku's Thoughts
Uncle Noritaka
Sushi
Shut Up
The Truth
Boyfriends
Perfect Day
Too Familiar
Breathe
Plan

Exam

9.1K 250 127
Από Angelbellz

Izuku Midoriya

Tomorrow is going to be so scary, it's all I could think about. Yesterday was pretty busy after I woke up, I could barely remember much about the villain attack or the coma but I do remember voices that seemed to bleed into the immense silence. Comas are weird, I've been in two before so this was my third but this one was my shortest. I've always been able to hear Kacchan when I'm in a coma, sometimes I hear mom and the doctors, I've never heard the other Bakugos in my comas though.

Right now Kacchan and I were studying for tomorrow, the entrance exams for UA. Mom and I talked to the school and they had agreed to let me take my exam in the hospital with a proctor there to watch me take it so now all that was left to continue Kacchan and my dream is to pass the exam and get into UA.

I felt a flick on my forehead and whined, "Pay attention, shitty nerd." Kacchan grumbled, I heard mom giggle in the corner and I huffed, "Come on you lost a few days when we could've been studying."

"I didn't ask for that," I tried not to whine but I ended up whining. Kacchan flicked my forehead again and I snatched my pencil, "I'm working! I'm doing it!" I said and quickly began answering questions on the study guide without double checking, I'm pretty confident in some of the answers but not all of them.

"Idiot," Kacchan mumbled. He grabbed my pencil and I protested as he began erasing my answers, "If you answer like that on the exam you're going to fail before we even start." Kacchan was saying as he finished erasing, he then handed the pencil back to me, "Okay now answer them again but this time do it right."

I looked at the questions again and began reading the prompts and answers, I chose carefully and double checked. I'm sure I'll do fine, it's Kacchan I'm worried about, Kacchan has more than a written exam to pass; he needed to do an exam and then a physical test. I don't know what the physical test is but only those applying for the hero course need to pass it, I wasn't sure how Kacchan was preparing for it though.

"Good job, shitty nerd," Kacchan said after I finished and he had looked it over. Kacchan is the smarter person I know, I'm pretty good at taking my own notes and studying them but other people's notes are a nightmare. Kacchan knows how to word things for me though and that's probably why my grades are so high, I just can't understand how some things are worded.

The two of us settled into studying, asking each other questions a few times but mostly we just quietly looked over our own papers. I felt myself grow a little anxious as I continued working, I couldn't stop thinking about the physical exam, "Kacchan?" I looked at the ash blonde and he had an eyebrow raised in question, "Are you ready for the physical exam?" I asked, "I-I know you probably are but..."

"I'm fine," Kacchan replied, he began working on his paper again and waited a moment before he opened his mouth again, "I've been training in my own way." He said vaguely. I didn't press the issue and we slipped back into a comfortable silence for a few more minutes, "It's getting late, Deku. I gotta go or my mom's gonna be pissed."

I checked the time and realized I had kept Kacchan too late, I feel so bad now, "Okay, make sure you rest." Kacchan is very consistent about going to bed at 8:32 sharp but I thought I should remind him, "You'll do better if you sleep well." Kacchan rolled his eyes and I smiled the best I could, the plastic tube thing around my face and in my nostrils made moving my face awkward.

Kacchan put a hand on my head and squeezed, I immediately swatted his hand away, "I know, dummy." He put his things in his bag which he then slung over his shoulder, "Alright. Sleep well, pass the exam, bye." The sudden exit was weird but I just waved and let him go.

Kacchan was...different. He's been acting differently towards me since I woke up, all yesterday and today he's been a lot different. I hope it'll work out, I want us to be okay, he's just been...so different? I need a new word for it, I'm pretty sure Kacchan is drifting in a lot of complicated emotions that I don't and can't understand just yet. I hope I can understand him again soon, I don't like not knowing what he's thinking.

~~~~

"Izuku!" Ugh, mom! I want to ask for five more minutes but I know better...stretched until my shoulders felt better but suddenly I touched skin, instantly I woke up thinking I'd just touched a doctor's face which would be absolutely the worst thing to happen. Thankfully I had just touched my mom's forehead and nose, "I see you're awake." She said with a happy grin.

"Sorry..." Mom giggled again and I used the bed's buttons to sit up, my stomach has been hurting since I woke up so I use the bed to sit up now. I relaxed for a moment before I remembered how important today was, "The exam! We-I-proctor-UA!"

"Yes, Izuku, all of that is going to happen," Mom told me and wheeled my table over my bed so it hung above my lap, the room I was in had a table on wheels instead of a table I'd have to pull up or anything like that. Mom motioned to a black container on the table, "Your nurse dropped off breakfast and your proctor will be here in about half an hour. Eat breakfast, okay? I'll have to leave when it's time for your exam." Mom set up my plate and sat back as I began eating, "Izu..." I looked up and found her eyes, they look just like mine, "Izu please do what makes you happy. Good luck, do your best."

Mom was supporting me! "I will!" Mom smiled and I kept shoving my food into my mouth, "I'm gonna be the best ever with Kacchan!" Mom seemed worried so I tried to smile to reassure her but when I did my apple juice sort of squirted out of my mouth, "Ahh! Sorry, mom!"

"It's okay, it's okay," Mom began laughing and while I felt really bad about it I began laughing too. When we were finished laughing and had cleaned up my mess I heard mom start speaking again, "You really like Katsuki, don't you?" Where did that come from?

I didn't have to think about if I liked Kacchan, he's my best friend of course I like him, but I think that mom means something else though I'm not sure what it is. Why don't people just say exactly what they want to know? It makes every social interaction feel like an informal interrogation, "Well uh I really like being with him." That seems to be a good middle ground, my time with Kacchan is always really fun and I never regret it.

Why is everybody so interested in Kacchan's relationship with me? Even Mr Kanbaki has asked me about it, are we doing something wrong? We're just childhood friends, I guess a lot of things other people find weird or unusual are just normal between the two us. But doesn't everybody have a childhood friend? So shouldn't everybody have a friendship like ours with weird things seen as normal? Or maybe Kacchan and I are just special, well, I know Kacchan has to be special since I just know he's going to rise all the way to the top! Kacchan and I are more like one person than two separate people, well, Kacchan has been weird lately so I guess we're becoming distinct people again and I'm not sure I want that.

I didn't get to think about it any more because a man entered the room, I looked up to greet him and realized who it was. It's Cementos! I love him! His page in my notebook is a little more neglected than others but he's still such a good hero and his quirk is very useful in diffusing situations. Mom began talking to him but I already know he's my proctor, man I'm so lucky!

Cementos said something to me I think since his mouth moved but I didn't hear him, I just kept staring at him, a pro-hero in my hospital room, "Midoriya?" Ah! Clear head, Izuku, clear head or you won't get to go to school with Kacchan and become #1. Clear! "Are you ready to take your exam?" He asked.

"Yes!" My voice cracked and I suddenly wanted to disappear though neither Cementos or mom mentioned it. Wait, mom, she's going to have to leave now, "Wait...mom I-uh...I'm going to do my best!"

Mom smiled and grabbed my hands in a moment, kissing my forehead which made me want to disappear more since Cementos was right there, "You go find your future, Izuku." Mom said before she stepped back, "Good luck."

I smiled again and waved, "Thank you. See you soon, I'll tell you how it goes." Mom seemed satisfied and set out to go do who knows what. I turned to Cementos once she left, "Nurses take my vital signs and ask me questions every thirty minutes, is that going to be bad for the exam?" I didn't want Cementos to waste his time if I can't take the exam right now.

"No that's not a problem," Cementos replied, he took the seat next to my bed but scooted it far enough away to not be weird, "You wouldn't be able to cheat on this test without it being obvious." He told me, "Not that I think you're going to cheat."

"It's okay I get it," He didn't need to explain to me. I scooted the table away since it's probably just in the way, "Okay I'm ready." I settled into my bed as Cementos began explaining the exam to me.

Most of the instructions were self-explanatory but I listened anyway because it's Cementos! Ah! I need to calm down, this exam is going to determine everything about my future and I need to have a clear mind but my mind is just so busy! I'm going to have to focus, that's for certain.

Cementos finished his explanation and placed my exam on my table which he had rolled over to me again, I guess I shouldn't have moved it away in the first place, whoops. Cementos waited a moment and then asked, "Do you have any questions?"

Questions, things I don't know? Oh! I've got one, "Only one." I said and when Cementos nodded, I think it was a nod his head and neck are kind of one, but I asked my question, "Say I fail this exam, is there still a way for me to attend UA next semester?"

"No," Cementos answered flatly, "If that's all then your test begins now, I'll be sitting here if you need anything." He turned from me and began writing on some paper, guess he brought stuff from work, this is stressful. It's like I'm playing life on hardcore mode and I'm failing, man this sucks. If I fail this I fail period and Kacchan will go to school without me and make better friends and forget about me.

Stop, Izuku! I need to calm down! Just word problems, I can do it. I flipped open the exam booklet and took a deep breath, let's get started. Once I get started it'll become easier as I go on, I just need to start. I'm going to pass and go to UA.

As I began answering the questions my mind wandered a little bit, I wonder how Kacchan is doing. I'm absolutely positive Kacchan is going to pass, I'm scared I won't. If I just keep calm and answer all the questions I'll have a good chance, that's all I need.

So, let's keep calm and pass this exam.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

314K 9.4K 12
Katsuki Bakugou has never been the same after the kid he bullied for years, the poor quirkless Izuku Midoriya, ends his own life. Bakugou refuses to...
102K 3.8K 39
This Is a BakuDeku fanfic. Izuku's dream of being a hero changes after he got diagnosed to be quirkless. That dream had become a distant a fantasy...
137K 4K 58
♥︎♡♥︎♡ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...
325K 11.2K 43
Completed Izuku has always been sick. He was born quirkless and has an undiagnosed illness. He's slowly dying but still seems to smile for everyone...