A New Addition To The Denali...

By BrienneSolace

Harper was adopted by Tanya Denali after the loss of Irina, when she was a year old. Taking care of her helpe... More

Chapter 1 The adoption
The adoption Part 2
Chapter 2 The Baby's Arrival
Chapter 3 The Hunt
Chapter 4 Cooking for the first Time
Chapter 5 Bedtime
Chapter 6 Argument
Chapter 7 The Home Assessment
Chapter 8: First Picnic
The Denali House
Chapter 10: Difficult Choices
Chapter 11: Making up
Chapter 12: Secret Help From Family
Chapter 13: Little miracle
"Ending Credits"

Chapter 9: Birthday Party

613 12 0
By BrienneSolace

Tanya's POV

  7 months later
December 4th, 2010

Todays is the most special of days. Harper's 2nd year birthday. Oh I was looking forward to this day, Harper's first birthday party with us! I'm setting up the dining room, and have a cake making in the oven. It's the second one I've made so far. The last one has... in a word. Blown up. I've learned to master cooking, baking on the other hand, is a whole different kind of challenge. I eventually mastered it... sort of.

The oven made a beeping sound, signaling that the cake was done. Success! The cake was all finished, now it just needed to be decorated. I made Harper's favorite, chocolate. I invited my cousins from Forks to join in on the celebration. After all, it's the least I could do after what they did for me.
The dining room was all set. Perfect. Elegant, simple, and the cake, fun and edible.

Harper will love it, I just know it. I stand infront of the dining room table, admiring my handy work. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I clap my hands together, dusting off the flour in my hands. I hear Carmen coming down the stairs and places a present on the table. "What is that?" I ask her. She hesitates for a second, which was odd. Carmen has always been a calm and an open person, for as long as I've known her.

"A necklace. I've had it for quite sometime, I thought it was time I pass it on. It belonged to my mother."

My jaw drops. "Carmen, you don't have to do that—" she cuts me off.

"No Tanya, it's alright. I want Harper to have it. Think of it more as a thank you present. She has done so much for us. Please, let me give her this." She pleads to me. I look at her, and finally accept her gift to Harper. We hug one another.

"Is she awake yet?" Carmen asks.

"No, I put her to nap this afternoon. She was so exhausted after all the fun she had this morning." I tell her. We laugh together. Harper can be a heavy sleeper sometimes. After she finished with her breakfast, we had spent most of the morning together. My little one is growing up so fast.

"I heard. I see that Garrett is really growing fond of her."

It's true. Once it was his turn to watch over, he was dumbfounded, he held on to her like he had no idea what he was holding. I was nervous, at first, I didn't trust Garrett. I had to supervise him to make sure nothing happened. He turned to be a natural, he just didn't know it. Harper loved playing with his hair, and playing hide and seek with him.

Suddenly, I hear cars on the driveway. It must be the cousins. I head to the front door to open it. Just before I could, the doorbell rang.

"Surprise!" They all shout. I sh them and let them know that Harper is napping upstairs. They quiet down.

"It's good to see you again Tanya." Carlisle greets.

"I'm glad you're all here. I can't thank you enough." I tell them. Not hiding my excitement.

Emmett walks up to me and gives me a huge bear hug. "Well, why not. It's about time we got to meet the little gal. Plus, Rosalie is just dying to meet her." She sucks in her teeth, and hits him on the arm. "Ah— easy babe, I was just joking." We all laugh, you think by now, he'd know better than to upset Rosalie.

Then, Jasper and Alice walk in. I acted on instinct and embrace Jasper. I thank him for his part in helping me get Harper. "It's no problem, anything for family." I continue to embrace him. I hear a sarcastic cough. It was Alice, sweet, sweet Alice. I hug her as well.

"Edward and Bella send their congratulations. They wanted to stay in Forks for Renesmee's sake" Esme says.

"I'm guessing to also keep an eye on the wolf?" I hear Kate say with a sarcastic. She was back from her hunt.

"Someone decided to be fashionably late for the party." I tell her.

"Well at least one of us is actually ready" I look at her confused, and then I take a look at what I'm wearing. I was a mess! Covered in flour and cake mix! Thankgoodness I already have an attire ready upstairs. It never hurts to be prepared.

"Yes I know, I'll be upstairs getting ready." I hear crying upstairs from Harper's bedroom. She's awake. I rush up to her room and pick her up from her crib, gently rocking to calm her down. I hear whispers from the doorway. It was Alice and Rosalie with Esme. I guess they couldn't wait to meet the newest addition to the coven.

"Ooohh, she is so precious." Rosalie says. She has a wide smile in her face. "Can I hold her?" She then asks. "Ofcourse, be gentle though." I tell her. She gives me a sarcastic look, then proceeds to hold Harper, and rock her. It dawned on me that I had stained her clothes with flour. I was frustrated with myself, but there was no need to panic. I had a dress prepared for her too. The girls giving Harper constant attention. Welcoming her to the family, groveling about how adorable she is. Can't say I blame them. I quickly change and freshen myself up. Now, I'm all set for the party. All that's left is to get Harper ready. Can't start the party without the guest of honor.

I look at myself in the mirror, and I must say. Not bad. Not bad at all. I hear giggling from the girls in Harper's room. And there she was, my little girl was all all ready for her big day. I can't help but feel unconditional joy. Harper is just perfect. I take her from Rosalie's arms and carry her in mine. I kiss her on the forehead and ask if she's ready for her big day. She loudly giggles and claps her hands together. I'll take that as a yes.

"Looks like the little one is ready to make her entrance." Esme says.

We all walk down the stairs, and I see that the candles on the cake have been lit. Everyone was gathered around the dining room table. All together we sung the happy birthday song.

Happy birthday to you
Happy BIRTHDAY dear Harper
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOUUU

We all cheered to Harper, while she continued on to smile and giggle. I lean her towards the cake and she blows out both of the candles. I wonder what a two year would wish for? Probably a pony, or a puppy.

Harper made a mess of herself with the ccake. It was everywhere! When Rosalie carried her again, Harper rubbed chocolate on her face! We all laughed, Rosalie was not as amused, but what do you expect a child to do when they have cake in their hands?

8 hours later: 9:00 pm

Harper had a great time. How could she not? She had an entire cake all to herself, along with a number of presents. I gave a Harper a bath, and put her to bed after we watched one of the movies Emmett got her. Mulan, I believe it was called. Harper loved the character Mushu, and I must admit, he made me laugh too. Harper slept peacefully in her crib, I watched her sleep, wondering what she could be dreaming about. I look at the gifts that everyone got for her. I feel disappointed in myself, because I didn't think my gift was as good as the others. I made a dream catcher necklace for her. I've read that they were good for bad dreams. I then look at Alice's gift and think to myself, "what could this be for, an accessory or decoration?" It seemed like an odd gift, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

I go back downstairs. The cousins were still here. Carlisle comes up to me and asks "Tanya, do you mind if I speak to you for a moment?" This caught me off guard. What would he want to talk to me about? We walk to the living room and sit on the sofa. "Carlisle, what is it?" I ask him, still confused. "Tanya, have you given any thought about Harper's future?" If I wasn't confused before, I certainly was now. "Carlisle, I don't understand. What is this about?" He takes a deep breath. "Tanya, I don't want you to think badly of me when I tell you this." I brace myself for what he was going to say next. If I were still human, my heart would be racing.

"Tanya, I think it's best that you and Harper move out of Alaska?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 4.9K 23
Carlisle and Esme were out hunting when they heard a babies cry. Esme rushed towards the sound and saw a beautiful baby girl. Carlisle and Esme decid...
138K 2.9K 22
Fifteen year old Maddie Hunter lost her parents when she was five years old due to a house fire. She was saved from sharing the same fate and was pla...
82K 1.8K 74
Attachments are bad, or they were until I was sent to a foster family in Forks. The Blacks wanted to take me in, not just to a family but to an insan...
774K 16.3K 77
Asena Lily Uley is different. She was adopted by Sam Uley when she was twelve years old. Sam had barely been eighteen years old when he adopted the g...