My Dance Instructor's Assista...

By bettyboo125bo

Desiree Quinn is a student attending Trailmont High School. She's been trying since junior year to become a p... More

MDIA [Ch. 1]
MDIA [Ch. 2]
My Dance Instructor's Assistant [Ch. 4]
MDIA [Ch. 5]
MDIA [Ch. 6]
MDIA [Ch. 7]
MDIA [Ch. 8]
MDIA [Ch. 9]
MDIA [Ch. 10]
MDIA [Ch. 11]
MDIA [Ch. 12]
MDIA [Ch. 13]
MDIA [Ch. 14]
MDIA [Ch. 15]
MDIA [Ch. 16]
MDIA [Ch. 17]
MDIA [Ch. 18]
MDIA [Ch. 19]
MDIA [Ch. 20]
MDIA [Ch. 21]
MDIA [Ch. 22]
MDIA[Ch. 23]
MDIA [Ch. 24]
MDIA [Ch. 25]
MDIA [Ch. 26]
MDIA [Ch. 27]
MDIA [Ch. 28]
Ch. 29
MDIA [Ch. 30]
MDIA [Ch. 31]
MDIA [Ch. 32]
MDIA [Ch. 33]
MDIA (Ch. 34)
MDIA [Ch. 35]
MDIA [Ch. 36]
MDIA [Ch.37]

MDIA [Ch. 3]

85.2K 1.3K 226
By bettyboo125bo

My Dance Instructor's Assistant

Previously: "No. I'm not trying out anymore," I admitted. "So you're going to that d*mn try out today and you're gonna make it to the d*mn AUDITIONS AND D*MN-IT YOU'RE GONNA BE ON THAT D*MN DANCE TEAM!" Sophia's voice grew louder and louder with every word. I didn't know what to say. "Oh...kay?" I guessed. . Just as I was walking out, I heard Mr. Wilson call out to me. "Good luck Ms. Quinn, see you in a few." I thanked him silently as I left out the class and headed towards...I guess I'm headed towards the auditorium.

Chapter 3

Before I headed to the auditorium, I stopped in the bathroom so I can change into my dancing clothes. This time I wore fitted black cheerleader shorts that had hot pink lines going down the sides, a hot pink sports shirt that fit perfectly around my abdominal, and an open black button down collar shirt so I won't feel so exposed.

The only skin showing was my chest up, my legs, and the skin around my waist under my belly button. I decided not to where just a sports bra this time, I felt a little self-conscious when Mr. Wilson had walked in and was looking at everyone. I don't know why, but I just felt WAY to exposed infront of him. Maybe it's because he's a grown man and I didn't want ...ugh, I don't even have a good reason. I let my hair fall freely again before leaving the bathroom and heading towards the auditorium.

I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I quickly read the text as I was walking.

Sophia: Good luck! Show that b*tch Lisa who the REAL dancer is!

I texted a 'thank you' back to her and when the text closed, I noticed the time. Oh crap! I'm late! School ends at 2:15 pm, try outs start at 2:30 pm, and it's exactly 3: 23 pm! How long did I spend in the bathroom? One thing you should know about Mrs. Holt, she doesn't accept lateness, I learned late last year when I tried out.

As soon as I made it to the auditorium door, I peeked throw the door window. There was a guy on stage doing hip hop, he was really good. He was a B-Boy. I looked towards the judges table. I could only see the backs of their head, but I knew they were all there, and by 'they' I mean Lisa. I was half-hoping she wouldn't show up. When the guy was down Mrs. Holt called another name. "Lucie London!"

I hope Mrs. Holt is going in alphabetical order by last name. The girl went on stage. Mrs. Holt told her something I couldn't quite make out, and then the girl started dancing. I stood outside the door contemplating. Maybe my being late is a good thing. Maybe now when I tell Sophia I didn't try out, it'll be because I missed my turn.

Or better yet, I could tell her that I was late and Mrs. Holt doesn't accept lateness. Yeah, that'll do. "Desiree Quinn!" I hear my name called. I froze. It was silence in the auditorium. "Desiree Quinn?" Mrs. Holt tried again, she sounded disappointed. Murmurs began sweeping the audience as I didn't appear. I noticed Mr. Wilson looked through the crowd with his eyebrows in a straight line, he too, looked disappointed. That's when I saw Lisa looked into the crowd, but she unlike the others, she had a smirk on her face.

I felt my anger boil. Not this time Lisa. This is my year. "Okay...Jeremy Ra-"

"Wait! Sorry! I'm here!" I interrupted as I busted through the door, walking swiftly down the aisles. Lisa's smirk turned into a frown when she saw me. Mr. Wilson's eyebrows rose to their regular height at the sight of me.

Mrs. Holt looked irritated as she motioned me to her. I put my bag down and hurried to the judges table. "Desiree, you know I don't like tardiness," she began. Lisa chuckled under her breath.

"I know and I'm so sorry. Am I too late?" I asked, hoping for the odds.

Mrs. Holt gave a quick look to the others judges, seeing if it was okay with them. Mr. Wilson nodded his head while Lisa shook hers. "Okay," Mrs. Holt agreed. I thanked her and quickly headed towards the stage, handing my ipod to the sound guy, Patrick. I took another quick look at the judges. Mrs. Holt still looked upset. Lisa gave a smug look before whispering something into Mr. Wilson ear. He smiled a little at her before turning his attention back to me.

His eyes scanned my body quickly before returning to my face."You have 40 seconds to convince us to send you to auditions. We're ready when you are," Mrs. Holt assured me. I took a deep breath. This is my year, this is my year, this is my year, I chanted over and over in my head as I got into positions, awaiting the music start. As soon as I heardAt Lastby Etta James, I began dancing on cue.

[AN: this is where you watch the video to see her routine...please ignore the judges, or pretend their the audience's reaction...hehe]

It was, yet again, another freestyle. I just went along with the beat. One minute I'm on the ground, then the next I'm spinning on my toes, then leaping through the air. Just for kicks, I did a little butt shakejust forLisa. She would always do that in her routines.Haha, sweet revenge. When I was done with the routine, I looked straight at her.

She knew I did that in spite of her and I wanted to see her reaction. She just had a scrawl on her face as everyone in the audience cheered me on. She and I were having a staring competition until Mrs. Holt distracted us. "Thank you Desiree, you may leave the stage," she said politely. I bowed a thank you and started off the stage.

I noticed Mr. Wilson look at me with amusement and astonishment. He must've known I did something in that dance to pissed off Lisa, because she seemed completely upset when I was done. I guess she didn't know Iwould do it, since it's her thing. He had an amazed look on his face as he watched me leave the stage. I saw him write something down on his paper before Mrs. Holt went on calling people to the stage.

It carried on like this for the next hour. When everyone was done, we were ushered back on stage into that d*mn horizontal line thing again. The judges all stood up from the table. "Well, that was a very interesting tryouts. Lisa? Mr. Wilson? Would you two like to add anything?" Mrs. Holt asked them both.

"Some of you have good styles, while others,"--Lisa's eyes landed on me as she said others--"need a lot more practice," she finished her sentence. I snorted, rolled my eyes, and shook my head. Gawd lee, can't she get off my back for one second? I turned to my right and noticed the girl next to me was extremely nervous. She kept twitching her leg up and down as she eyed the judges.

"Hello," I greeted her pleasantly. She looked surprised at first, but then smiled at me.

"Hi," she said back, and we both turned our attention back to the judges.

Wow, that was random. I just greeted this girl completely out of the blue. "I thought they all did well. Everyone had their own little bag of tricks," Mr. Wilson said as he scanned the line with a small smile playing on his lips, showing those dimples of his. His eyes landed on me when he mentions a bag of tricks. "I'll put up the list of people who made it to the auditions tomorrow morning, until then, have a great rest of the day," he finished.

We all made our way off the stage and gathered our things. I noticed Lisa was flirting with Mr. Wilson as I picked up my bag. He seemed to enjoy it. Ugh...she'll do anything to get her way. And I literally mean she'll do anything...if you get what I'm saying.

And I was half hoping he wouldn't fall for her tricks so fast and easily. But oh well, all I have now is my hopes and dreams to guide me onto the team. I walked down the hall and into the bathroom. It was packed with all the girls who just tried out, they all were changing and I had to use the bathroom. I didn't really feel like waiting so I just left out and headed towards the school entrance.

As I got to the double doors, I realized it was still raining. Ugh, I hate when it rains. It makes everything feel so depressing and sad. D*mn-it! I didn't even bring an umbrella! I hastily searched through my bag for a coat or something...nothing.

"That's just....awesome," I complained as I walked outside, until the roof of the schools porch. I stood there a minute, contemplating on running to my car. It's quite a run but I'm sure I can make it without getting completely soaked....oh who am I kidding? It's raining cats and dogs out here.

"Looks like you could use an umbrella," I hear someone say behind me. I turn around to see Mr. Wilson with a red coat on and holding a duffel bag and an umbrella.

I eyed his umbrella, trying to see if I could levitate it to me, I know, I'm weird. "Are you offering yours?" I asked hopefully.

"Not really. I was just stating a fact," he replied. I looked at him, surprised at how freely he seemed to talk as he stood next to me, looking out into the rain.

"Shouldn't the gentlemen give the lady his umbrella if she's in need of one?" I asked. Referring to some crap I heard from my parents.

He shrugged his shoulders and pushed his lips out a bit, making them look pouty. "You're a dancer. Dodge the raindrops, you'll keep dry," he suggested while opening his umbrella and walking into the rain. I looked at him wide eyes.

Dodge the raindrops? Who does he think I am? A ninja or something? "Thanks for nothing! Don't fall into a puddle and break every bone in your body! Not that I'm trying to jinx you or anything!" I shout at him, making him stop.

He turned around, looked at me while shaking his head with amusement. Then he gestured for me to come to him. My mood brightened as I ran towards his umbrella and stood under it. I was then aware of how close we were, so I tried to stay as far away as I could without stepping outside of the umbrella. "This way," I pointed towards my car before we started walking.

We were quiet for a while until we made it to my car. He held his umbrella over me until I got in. I gave him a quick thanks while sitting in the driver's seat. "See you tomorrow Ms. Quinn," he said before walking off. I shut my door and drove off. The only thing on my mind is that d*mn list...and Mr. Wilson...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 308 24
Everything about 17 year old Zoe Martin screamed goody-two shoes. From her pristine auburn hair to her designers shoes. She was every teacher's pet...
21 0 1
A 16 year old teenager trying to keep her typical teenage life on track while pursuing her dream on becoming a professional dancer heading towards t...
11.7K 274 25
*Completed* "I have always found that my life was a huge joke. Now I know that it is because I'm falling in love with my teacher." What happens when...
507K 10.6K 37
(Completed and being spellchecked) A student and a sexy gym teacher. 5 year difference, forbidden love, and a good girl bad boy story. Rose doesn't k...