The Kingpin's sister

By Baabiiee_doll

Whenever you hear the name Kimani Sumner in the streets of the.Bronx, her older brother, KJ's, name is spoken... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051

019

23.6K 923 747
By Baabiiee_doll

Ebony and I spent the night with Brianna, her family was out of town so we had her entire place to ourselves. We spent the night up talking and eating which I might add Brianna said was her favorite part of the night.

I think this is exactly what I needed, even though Dash was still in the back of my head, these two girls were exactly what I needed to at least put me in a bit of a better place.

KJ kept blowing up Ebony's phone with text messages some were almost warm and compassionate while others came off slightly threatening because she wasn't answering. Ebony didn't even seem fazed or even interested in answering his messages.

I think she was really beginning to get over him and I cannot express how proud I am, the worst thing to watch is a woman climb mountains for a man who wouldn't even go up a hill for them.

"So, are you guys down?" Ebony asked as the three of us were laid up on Brianna's bed watching reruns of A Different World. "Don't you think it would be nice for us to just unwind and have fun."

I groaned, Ebony was trying to convince the two of us to attend a party that was being thrown by the 'neighborhood pussy' Sheri. I wasn't going because my last time going to a party since I've been back didn't go too well and Brianna just wasn't interested.

"isn't it like against some rule for pregnant women to NOT party?" Brianna questioned.

"Yeah..." I agreed, "I think I heard that around some where honestly."

Ebony scooted herself to the edge of the bed to stand up and look over us. "Please? I feel like it really would do the three of us good, I can have a little fun... Brianna you can eat" once she said that Brianna perked up a bit. "and Kimani.. I know Sean is going, he's the one who invited me."

I completely forgot all about Sean, we went on that one date and I only went on it to make Dash and KJ upset. I haven't thought about him since or even answered any of the, 'hey' text messages he's been sending. "look... i'll go even though I really don't know how much fun i'd have."

"What the fuck? We were suppose to double down! now I have to go!" Brianna angrily threw a pillow at me. "Stupid bitch!"

The party that Ebony begged us to go to had started around 8pm and it was now going on 8:30 once the three of us rolled up.

Since I wasn't home and didn't want to go back to get clothes, I decided to just wear the jeans I already had on and I borrowed a shirt from Brianna that didn't exactly fit me all too well but I'd make it work.

The smell of alcohol and weed quickly greeted us once we stepped in to the house.

"I'm the type of baby that would fuck the babysitter!" Brianna shouted as she heard the song that was blasting throughout the house. Dababy has been all she's been listening to.for weeks now.

The song continued and so did a bellowing Brianna blending herself in to the crowd and leaving just Ebony and I to our own devices.

"I thought she didn't even want to come?" Ebony laughed as she watched the singing girl get lost in the crowd.

"I think I found the two prettiest ladies here." The voice was loud trying to speak over the music but once my eyes landed on the source of the compliment, I smiled seeing Sean.

"Thank you!" Ebony gave Sean a playful shove. "I'm going to find myself something to drink and some food."

"Water!" I called after her as she escaped the two of us. "Only drink water!"

Sean laughed as he watched me scream at my pregnant friend concerned she may accidentally take in alcohol.

"Let me show you out back, it's a bit less crowded." Sean held is hand out to me, his face was bright and inviting and not to mention he looked fine in his fit but for some reason I felt as if I was cheating, even if Dash wasn't officially mine and he was gone.

This felt wrong.

"Yeah..." against my own wishes I took hold of his hand and let him lead me into the back of the house, we bobbed and weaved through groups of people and even caught the attention of a few people as we did.

"Yo! Sean you hitting that?"

"Damn ma, come fuck with a real one!"

"That ass fat and I bet that pussy fatter."

Were just a few things that I were shouted at me.

"It must be hard being as fine as you are huh?" Sean asked as we finally reached the back patio, where the music could still be heard , coolers of beer were set out and there was a lot less people out back.

"What makes you say that?" I rose an eyebrow wondering what he was getting at until I realized. "Oh! It's disrespectful sometimes but others can be flattering."

"Well, allow me to be respectful and get you a drink... something fruity ?"

"Nah... I'll take a cup full of henny and don't chase it with anything." I licked my lips already feeling like I could taste the Hennessy. "I don't do fruity drinks..."

Sean curled his face up, "Really? That's the first." He didn't say anything else before dismissing himself to retrieve what I requested.

There were a few unoccupied chairs on the patio and I plopped down in the one furthest from people. As I sat there alone with my thoughts, an awash of sadden came over me. I didn't have anything to distract me from my thoughts.

Nothing

Although I was sitting there amongst people, I still felt alone and staring down at my hands seemed to be the most comforting move.

"You alright there?" A red solo cup could be made out in my peripheral. "Are you rethinking the henny? An entire cup seems like a lot for a lady."

"No!" I plastered a fake smile across my lips , looking up the boy who just made a sexist comment I didn't have the emotional energy to comment on. "I need this more than you know." I took the cup out of his hand taking a few large gulps before resting the cup by my feet.

"Well, sorry it took me so long to get it... everyone's crowded around your brother in there."

"KJ is here?"

"Uhh...@ Sean trailed on for a moment before continuing. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was him.... King is what everyone was calling him."

Almost like a cue Ebony and Brianna game waltzing out the door seeming as if they were searching for something until they noticed Sean and I.

"Kimani, KIng is here!" Ebony had a look of frantic on her face. "I don't think he saw us."

"Ebony actually running from King ? This is a first." Brianna laughed leaning herself against the railing.

"And this is the first time you're not stuffing your mouth full of food." I snapped back jokingly.

"Don't fucking remind me.." Brianna poured showing her disappointment. "Who the fuck eats sun chips and pineapple pizza? People with no souls!"

The three of us laugh at Brianna's small rant. She always seemed to know how to make a bad moment light and funny.

"Y'all hiding from me?"

The voice caused Ebony to almost jump in to my lap.

"What are you doing here KJ?" I asked, a bit bothered by his presence.

"I asked one of my boys to tell me if he saw y'all pull up to hit me." His eyes quickly shifted to Ebony but he wasn't looking at her he was eyeing her stomach. "Let me fall fo you real quick Ebi."

"No!" She turned her head away like a baby rejecting food. "We are good." When she said Ed I was guessing she was referring to the baby.

"There wouldn't be a we without me." KJ took a step forward closing the space between them a bit.

"Without you ? If it was up to you it would just be me.... and you and your whores."

"You go Ebony!" Brianna cheered earning a side glare from my brother.

"You kept it.. ya ain't listen-" He sucked at his teeth, it seemed like he was having trouble with what he wanted to say. "Can you just come here."

"Nope... you're a smooth talking manipulative man." Ebony kept her face turned in the opposite direction and I didn't get why until I really looked at KJ.... he was trying.

"She ain't dick-matized anymore !" Brianna chimed in.

"Brianna shut yo ass up." KJ shooed her away with his hand before reaching out to Ebony gently resting his hand on her arm. "Look... you ain't gotta like what I have to say but hear me out... let me talk to you."

"Fine.." ebony shrugged finally giving in to his pleading which I've never seen him do before.

"How Intense..." Sean commented but he should of stayed quiet because KJ's attention was directed towards him now.

"You shut the fuck up cause I'll bash ya teeth in."

"What? Like you did to Reggie?"

Ebony already placed herself between Sean and my brother knowing his reaction wasn't going to be good.

"What did you just say?" KJ asked, I knew he was just giving him a chance to take back what he said. "Speak up... I ain't hear ya ass."

"Nothing bro..." Sean retreated in to himself and after what seemed like forever sitting in silence KJ finally spoke.

"Kimani..." he looked down at me as I sipped at my drink. "What is that?"

"Hennessy."

He took the cup out of my hand and threw it on to the grass behind us.

"You fucking seri-"

"Anyways!" His voice over powered mine as he continued to talk. "This is for you... I do be doing the most when it comes to you..."

I was confused what he was getting at and I did agree completely with his comment about him doing too much but didn't want to go into it any further.

He stepped back to the sliding door that led in to the house and opened it.

"Yerrr!" Once he caught the attention of whoever it was inside the house he waved them over.

"What are you doing KIng?" Ebony asked.

"The right fucking thing I guess..."

Everything felt like it was going in slow motion as the person KJ called stepped out on to the patio.

"Dashawn?" My heart stopped as I met his eyes.

"You miss me baby girl?" His smile was inviting and I felt a weight off my shoulders as I sprung out of the patio chair and up into his arms.

"I missed you so much!" I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist as he held me up. "I love you Dashawn... I love you."

"I love you too." His embrace was just as tight as mine was, I wondered if he missed me as much as I had missed him.

All the worry and saddens had completely squeezed away as Dash held me.

"I'm sorry I hesitated before... I really love you."

"You good ma, don't even stress it." Dash chuckled and after another moment I dropped back down to my feet staring up at him, his face was back to normal. No bruises or swollen eyes.

I pulled him down towards me causing our lips to crash in to each other. It was a tender and loving kiss

His hands holding my waist as our mouths got reacquainted

"I told y'all mother fuckers he wasn't dead!" Brianna began doing a small victory dance.

"I'm still standing here and don't wanna see that shit- actually come on." KJ spoke right after but instead of staying around to protest he took Ebony away towards the back of the backyard where there wasn't anyone to overhear them.

"Sean who?!" Brianna continues to cheer, "Team Dash all day!"

I almost forgot Sean was still standing in the corner he had buried himself into.

"I'll just excuse myself..." Sean took a few wide steps before completely disappearing.

"Bri?" I looked at the cheering girl. " can you give us a moment?"

Brianna kept dancing but nodded agreeing to my request. "I saw a fine ass honey in some pink shorts! Where you at boo!"

Once it was just Dash and I standing alone, I cleared my throat.

" where the fuck were you!" I began slapping at his body frantically but he caught my wrists holding me still. "I was worried about you..."

"I had no choice... if I had to choose , I would of been with you." Dash looked down at me giving me his signature smile.

"Alright.. go on."

"It was all King, he took my phone once he caught me trying to go see my aunt... he pulled up alone and just gave me the choice, I either leave and leave you alone or it was lights out." Dash looked towards where Ebony and KJ seemed to be in a heated debate. "I left, visited some family... I tried calling you though , you ain't pick up but anyways moms called me saying King was going to be picking me up and that was that."

"Were you ever going to come back if KJ hadn't gotten you?"

"Of course.... I said I wasn't going to let no nigga harm you, I couldn't do that miles away but just had to give King time to calm down."

I didn't say anything else, I got everything I needed, the reason why he left and now that he was back... my entire being felt at peace.

Resting my head on his chest , he let go of my wrists and let my arms wrap around his body.

An hour had passed and Dash and I were inseparable the entire time. It was like the two of us were glued at the hip and even though I could visibly see that it was pissing KJ off. I was happy he wasn't saying anything.

"Everyone down!"

The four of us; Brianna, KJ, Dash and I turned to see the source of the voice was Sean. We were late to see exactly what was happening as most of the backyard was cleared out now.

"Hands up!"

It took me a moment to see that Sean was swinging a gun around. He walked down the patio steps towards the five of us and before he even said anything I knew what this was about.

Reggie

"You know.. I wasn't even going to do this, I really thought twice about it." Sean stopped once he was a good few feet in front of us. "It's your fault my cousin is dead." He was now pointing the gun at me.

Dash stepped in front of me as Sean had the gun in our direction.

"Is this because I said I was team Dash?" Brianna questioned. "Team Sean?" KJ didn't wait for a response from Sean before stepping in front of Brianna.

"No... and too late for that...I don't want to do this but you took my cousins life."

"You're going to regret this shit!" KJ shouted towards him but an even louder sound was returned.

A gun shot

KJ kneeled over in pain gripping at his upper chest.

"KJ!" I shouted trying to rush to his side but Dash held me in place. "I'm sorry I said I hated you!" I could feel the tears pouring on to my cheeks.

If it wasn't one thing it was another. I thought I lost Dash and now I was going to lose my big brother.

"You seriously need to shut the fuck up." Sean turns towards me again. "Dash is it ? Move."

"Nah."

"Move or I'll shoot you in the fucking head."

"Go for it... you're not getting to her."

"I SAID MO-" as he was beginning to yell at us a loud scream was heard and he fell to the floor.

Ebony was standing behind him with a metal folding chair that was outside.

"Fuck you!" She shouted and began hitting him in the head a few more times with the chair before dropping it and running to KJ.

Dash ran over towards Sean kicking the gun away from Sean.

"I'm calling the police." Brianna shouted as Ebony and I tried our hardest to bring my brother to his feet.

"Don't do that shit Ebony!" KJ shouted and even with a bullet in his chest... he was still complaining. "I can't lose you."

Ebony began sobbing as she tried to help him stay upright.

"I got him." Dash came back towards us, picking up KJ bridal style and running him towards the front where the faint sound of the ambulance could be heard.

I knew I had a feeling that this was going to end badly.

I walked towards the unconscious Sean and eyed the gun that was a few feet away from him.

My mind began racing between, walking away from him and picking the gun up and putting to in his skull.

"Come on!" Ebony pulled me by arm away from his body and towards the front.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 2.2K 36
I wrote this when I was 14-15...so you have been warned! - (FIRST BOOK) CJ Mendéz is a girl who just wants to live a perfect life. She has the boyfri...
3.3M 11.3K 4
Being your typical young and naïve teenager, Devyn "Poochie" Young seems to be oblivious to just how dangerous the world around her really is. Never...
98.7K 5.2K 15
Ray's world comes crashing down at the young age of 16. Her brother, her protector, gone. Shot and killed. Her mother, her bestfriend. Gone loosing h...
5K 66 6
Keon Gilberto's father, Keith, always warned his son about how the game would use his family against him as a weakness. Keon would worry about it, bu...