016

It was the day that KJ and Dash were suppose to meet up with that music producer and although KJ and I are still not talking and he kept glaring at me as I sat on the couch beside Ashleigh and Kiara. I only showed up here because I promised Dash that I would be here for him.

"Alright, King that was dope as fuck now Dash why don't you step in the booth so I can see what you got." The music producer motioned to Dash and he did as he requested, placing the headphones on he cleared his throat and scanned the room before his eyes landed on me.

"You got this baby!" Kiara cheered, waving her arms and bouncing up and down on the couch. "I'm so proud of you!"

I rolled my eyes, sitting next to her was making my skin crawl and I wanted nothing more for this moment to be over, I felt like everyone in the room except the producer and musical engineer had nothing but negative energy to throw my way.

(P)

"Alright...." Dash cleared his throat as the music began to play, he looked nervous and didn't seem to know where to place his hands but as he began to sing he slowly looked more and more comfortable, "Sometimes I get lonely, sometimes I get weary I know I stay busy but you're always on my mind."

My heart fluttered listening to his angelic voice fill the entire studio, I don't know what it was about his voice that made me weak in the knees but I felt like I was floating. As he sang I was finally tuned in on the lyrics, our eyes locked and it felt like only the two of us were in the room.

The lyrics seemed as if the song was speaking right to me, as if he chose to sing this song to send some type of message and I don't think I was the only one who realized it. Kiara was now eyeing me with a screwed up look on her face.

"Why are you even here?" Kiara whispered to me, probably trying to upset me but I didn't take my eyes off the singing man. "You forgot what I told you?" Kiara rested her elbow on my thigh pushing it down hard enough to cause me discomfort but not hard enough for me to want to spazz out and strangle her with the first cord I could find. She was childish and I refused to lower myself down to her standards, I also didn't want to embarrass the two of them in front of the producer.

Dash finally finished the song earning cheers from everyone in the room and KJ even looked a little too hyped to show how proud of his friend he was.

"That was amazing Dash." The producer pulled him in for a hug as he stepped out of the booth. "Who was that song about?"

"Ya know, I just sat down and wrote." Dash flashed me a look, not wanting to give too much away.

"King!" Kiara yelled causing the small room of people to go quiet, "Dash fucked KImani!"

I thought what she had said was all in my head because of how still the room was but it was all real once the screaming started.

"You fucked my sister?" KJ yelled pushing Dash causing him to fly back, "Nigga I trusted ya stupid ass and you went behind my back?"

"Yo man chill out." Dash spoke his hands now curling up in to fists. "It wasn't even like that."

"Wasn't like what?" He questions, "You being pissed off about her going on a date? and that motherfuckin song was about her wasn't it?" KJ lunged himself at Dash and the two of them began going at eachother blow after blow to one another's body and face.

"Stop!" Ashleigh yelled trying to pull the two of them apart.

"I told you not to fuck with me!" Kiara was smiling ear to ear, pleased with herself and what she had just done.

The musical engineer and music producer stepped in trying to help Ashleigh pull the two guys apart and my eyes narrowed down on a wire that was dangling from the table. Snatching it down and wrapping it in my hand, Kiara laughed again once she saw me holding the thick black wire.