Pen to Paper [N.H.]

By InesAbdallah3

After winning a contest, Chloe is chosen to write the biography of Niall Horan. She has to spend the next few... More

Pen to Paper - Preface
Chapter One: Initiation - Breakfast
1.2 - Initiation - Processing
1.3 - Initiation - Trips and Chips
1.4 - Initiation - Roam
Chapter Two: Immersion - Over
2.3 - Immersion - Saturday
2.4 - Immersion - Roast
Chapter Three: Inhibition - Slow
3.2 - Inhibition - Not Okay
3.3 - Inhibition - Choices
3.4 - Inhibition - Good Morning
Chapter Four: Island - Right
4.2 - Island -Green
4.3 - Island - White
4.4 - Island - Orange
Chapter Five: Influence - Back
5.2 - Influence - Aftermath
5.3 - Influence - Door
5.4 - Influence - Tour
Chapter Six: Intermission - LA
6.2 - Intermission - Friends
6.3 - Intermission - Late Night
6.4 - Intermission - Sunshine
Chapter Seven: Issues - Catch-Up
7.2 - Issues - Pints
7.3 - Issues - Well-Being
7.4 - Issues - Drop
Chapter Eight: Isolation - Getaway
8.2 - Isolation - Paris
8.3 - Isolation - Ex
8.4 - Isolation - Knock Knock
Chapter Nine: Improvements - Apology
9.2 - Improvements - Follow
9.3 - Improvements - Jealousy
9.4 - Improvements - River
Chapter Ten: Inscription - Home
10.2 - Inscription - Release
10.3 - Inscription - Tokyo
10.4 - Inscription - Letter

2.2 - Immersion - Little Venice

4.6K 99 43
By InesAbdallah3

Chloe's POV

'Little Venice! Never knew this place existed.' is the first thing Niall says when we meet up to the location I sent him earlier.

'Really?' I ask.

'Yeah, I've been living here for nearly 10 years and I had no idea there's something like that!'

'Well, to be fair, you weren't always here... Between the time you spent touring and the time you've lived in LA. I guess you don't have enough time for sightseeing.'

'Yeah, true. It's a shame though, there's a lot of beautiful places that I've missed out on.'

'Well, no time like the present! But first! Breakfast.'

I lead him through the streets and straight to the coffee place I usually go to. We pick up two coffees and a quick bite to-go which we finish while walking to my favourite spot there.

'By the way, I wanted to say... Sorry about yesterday.' He says out of nowhere.

'Umm? What for?' I ask confused.

'Oh, umm, I guess towards the end I acted a little weird? And didn't say anything the whole drive to your place. I just had a lot on my mind.'

'Oh, it's okay. And if you need anyone to talk to about whatever that is weighing you down. I'm here. I know I'm just the person that's writing your biography, and you might feel like you don't want to tell me some personal stuff. But like you said, we're friends. And friends support each other. Anyway, that's just how I see it. If you don't... Well sorry if I'm overstepping.'

'Thank you.' He smiles as he briefly holds my hand, letting it go after one gentle squeeze.

We get to the waterfront, walking towards the garden. We stop halfway and I sit on the floor near the water and he does the same. I can't the wide smile on my face. I love being here, and to have Ni next to me, sharing this with him. I just never thought I would ever be here. And I'm so grateful for everything and everyone that have led me here.

'So Clo, tell me, why is this your favourite spot? I mean the whole place is beautiful, but you didn't take me to the garden, on any of the boats. We're just sitting on a random spot near the water. I'm intrigued.'

'So, as soon as I got to London, I knew I wanted to visit everything there is to visit. And within the first few months, I just got obsessed with parks. So I made a list with all of the parks in the area and started crossing them off. I only got here like  2 years later. Cause I got busy with the stuff going on and everything. So by the time, I've started feeling very homesick. And that's when I discovered this. As much as I love the central area and the Thames. But I still hadn't found anything that matches the river banks of the Seine in Paris. And there, I had a spot, at the exit of the train station in Saint-Michel. I always made a bee-line straight to that spot. I've spent so much time there. Whenever I was feeling sad, depressed, hopeless, or I just needed to get away from everything, just chill and enjoy the beautiful scenery, I just go there. And I missed a place like that here. And then I found the closest thing to it, right here in Little Venice. And I've been coming back here a lot for the same reasons.'

'I can't help but notice your favourite spots are related to negative feelings. I get that it's a getaway, but from what you said, you go there a lot. I wonder why are you always surrounded with such negativity. You deserve to be happy. Aren't you? I mean I remember yesterday you said "Satisfied" not "Happy". Why?'

'Well, enough about me! Let's talk about you now!' I blurt standing up and I start walking towards our next destination.

He follows my movements, quickly catching up to me, gently holding my wrist. I turn, looking at the ground avoiding his gaze.

'Hey, I'm sorry.' He mumbled, lifting my head up. 'I didn't mean to upset you, I was just trying to understand.'

'Well, you won't.' I snap.

'Try me.'

'I just... I can't feel that! I don't know how to be happy. Like sure there are some happy moments. But that's all they are. And moments end.'

'Okay...'

'See, told you, you won't understand.'

'I'm just thinking of how I can help.'

'You can't. You're doing enough already by being here. Just more moments I'll never forget and always cherish.'

'But that's not enough.' He argues.

'It is to me. Now can we please change the subject. Let's go explore the garden.'

'Fine. New topic. Are you allergic to any food?'

'Not really but I'm a very picky eater. Why though? This is very random!'

'Well, I was thinking. I'm gonna busy at the studio all week till the weekend. So I won't be seeing you till then. So to catch up, I was thinking maybe you can come over and we'll work from there and I'll cook us something? What do you think?'

'Oh you don't have to bother with that, we can order food that would be easier.'

'I'm not that bad of a cook! You're acting as if I'm gonna give you food poisoning! I know what I'm doing!'

'Sensitive about his cooking skills! Noted!' I chuckle. 'Okay. Well, I don't eat any seafood. Or red meat. Actually chicken is the only type of meat that I eat. Also no pickles or mushrooms. Those are the biggest NOs on my food list.'

'Great, this should be easy then.'

'So, should we start working?' I ask.

'Why are you in a hurry? We have almost 4 months to do this! If I tell you everything within our first two meetings, I wouldn't have to see you anymore now would I?'

'Yeah that would be a relief for you!' I chuckle.

'Nah! Hey! Stop putting yourself down like that! I'm enjoying this as much as you!  And that's why I'm taking my time. No working today.'

'So, wait let me get this right. I woke up at 8 AM in the morning for nothing??'

'Not for nothing! We're still hanging out, having fun! It still counts!'

'Counts as what?'

'Worth it?'

'Yeah, true. I'm hanging out with Niall Horan why am I complaining.'

'Stop that! Don't use my full name. It's just Niall.'

'I'm just messing with you Ni, relax.'

'So why did you wake up at 8 AM?' He asks me.

'Well, I didn't know when you'd wake up. And I wanted to be up and ready when I get your text so I wouldn't be late.'

'And I didn't wake up before half past 10. Now I feel bad! I'm so sorry. And I stayed up late too!'

'No, No! It's okay! Don't worry about that. It's not your fault. I'm just weird like that. I always have to be prepared in advance, arrive earlier than the time set. And I get paranoid about it. Can't sleep if I'm waiting for something.'

'Oh, well, still, I'm sorry. At least now you know morning mean after 10 PM!'

'Yeah!'

We continued exploring the garden, admiring nature in all it's breathtaking forms. But awkward silent moments keep creeping up every now and then.

In a pathetic and desperate try to change that, I ask, 'If you had a boat, what would you call it?'

'What makes you think I don't already have one?' He teases.

'Do you?'

'No!' He laughs, 'Hmm. Let me think. Usually, they're called after women no? I kinda don't want to do that.'

'Not necessarily no.'

'Hmm, what if I named it after one of my songs. Flicker maybe?'

'Yeah, I'm not getting on a boat that's called Flicker! It will sink!'

'I mean it's better than The Tide!' 

We laugh a lot, probably more than we should be.

'Forget it. I'm not good at the naming thing. Not really poetic like that.'

'I don't know if I should be worried or relieved for your children.' I chuckle.

'Yeah, I don't know about that either. I'd go classical, but by the time that happens, classical could be too classical.'

'Exactly.'

We spend the day just walking around, hopping on and off the tube, just randomly exploring the city. Conversations flowing, well I wouldn't say smoothly, but we never really stop talking. Once we found the interesting more questioning and deeper topics, it's easy to get carried away. 

Most of the afternoon, we're talking about life outside planet earth and speculating over all the unknowns and all the hidden secrets. It got really weird at some point. But I love it. Once I forgot to do what I usually do and overthink every little thing, all the tension and awkwardness is just gone. 

At the end of the day. I had a lot of fun with him. And it's not that I didn't think we would, but it's a different kind of fun from what I expected. He's so deep and creative even outside the world of music. I'm definitely hooked. More like screwed. Damn it, I love him so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 303 62
**READ AT YOUR OWN RISK** "It's fucking crazy, because you'd think I'd remember you, I'd remember them, maybe I'd at least remember us! But I don't a...
3.4K 87 42
On the verge of falling apart, long time girlfriend, Aurora, gets into an accident that wipes away most of her memory but remembers only the most val...
4.1M 25.5K 200
a huge book of one direction preferences [ first book- completed ]
3.7M 135K 24
[✓] (Drama Class sequel) ∥ What are the chances of meeting your former lover after two years? Not that small, in fact. But what if you have to share...