Conquered

By MemoirsofaGeisha

The 3rd book of the Ryonan series. Aria Seizan has been plagued with the memories of that night for years. R... More

Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Welcome home
Chapter 2 - Nightmares
Chapter 3 - Blackout
Chapter 4 - Demons are everywhere
Chapter 5 - Voice of reason
Chapter 6 - Damn it all to hell
Chapter 7 - A little Aria knowledge
Chapter 8 - Let the hunt begin
Chapter 9 - Too late
Chapter 10 - Ultimatum
Chapter 11 - Mated
Chapter 12 - Some things are best kept hidden
Chapter 13 - A witch's hell
Chapter 14 - Pleasure: One half of the coin
Chapter 15 - Pain: The other half of the coin
Chapter 16 - Walking on eggshells
Chapter 17 - We all settle sometimes
Chapter 19 - Clearing the air
Chapter 20 - Plots, schemes, sex, "The Kiss' &... a shocking conclusion
Chapter 21 - Mate bonds
Chapter 22 - Seizan Secret
Chapter 23 - One step ahead
Chapter 24 - When bad goes crazy
Chapter 25 - Something lost and something found
Chapter 26 - Revenge is a dish best served with precision
Chapter 27 - Kill them, heal me
Chapter 28 - Bye-bye birdie
Chapter 29 - Mate bonds are eternal
Chapter 30 - New addition
Chapter 31 - Upset of the balance
Chapter 32 - The scales have been tipped
Chapter 33 - Balance, no balance
Chapter 34 - Merge
Chapter 35 - Zane or Elijah?
Chapter 36 - A mother's hatred
Chapter 37 - Goodbye Atron
Chapter 38 - Return
Chapter 39 - The final nail in the coffin
Epilogue

Chapter 18 - Retail therapy

8.9K 384 39
By MemoirsofaGeisha

THIS CHAPTER IS NOT EDITED. THERE ARE BOUND TO BE A TON OF MISTAKES BECAUSE I WROTE IT IN A RUSH.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

Chapter 18 - Retail therapy

Zane
Sometimes being the most powerful witch in the universe is more of a curse than a gift. You have to watch the people you care about hurt and you can't do anything about it. Seeing someone's future wasn't a gift I had enjoyed. It's a burden. Eli enjoys it. He sees it as a gift. I see it as a curse. Speaking of Eli, my temper was now under control. The earlier rage I felt was now a low simmer. I had no idea what I was going to do about this situation. I've been patient enough to wait for my mate to come to me. Things might not be perfect and yes there is a lot of work to be done to earn her unconditional trust, but I have her. I was not about to lose her to anyone, especially not my brother.

I got home around three the morning. When I did, Aria was already sleeping. I didn't realize it was that late. I watched her sleep for a few minutes. There were no nightmares tonight. I was glad for that.

I took a quick shower and got into bed beside her. She unconsciously curled into my side mumbling her pleasure. Even when she was asleep her subconscious knows I'm near. If only she would just open her heart and trust fully. She's still holding back and I don't know how to get her to open up. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even understand the workings of my own mate's mind. It was so complex. There was nothing at all simple about Aria. But then again, from the first time I saw her I knew things wouldn't be simple with her. I needed more information, and there was someone who could give it to me. Reluctantly I got out of bed and locked myself in the office. It was a rule for me to not associate with members of the council unless it was absolutely necessary. This was one of those times. I summoned Zaphaya to my office. She could possibly give me some answers.

"Your highness, how may I be of assistance?"

She acted like it was completely normal for me to summon her to my apartment at three in the morning.

"Why do you persist on wearing that stupid robe?"

"I'm sorry your highness, I wasn't aware I had another choice."

Her response was laced with sarcasm, but I chose to ignore it because of her relationship to my mate.

"I need your sight."

"And what's wrong with yours, your highness?"

"Do I have to explain myself to you?"

"Of course not. I apologize."

"I need to know specific details of Aria's past."

"I was under the impression you already knew everything."

"I must be missing something. I haven't made any progress with her. She obviously doesn't trust me if she kept the fact that my brother kissed her from me."

Her face stayed neutral. "I'm not sure what you expect of me your highness. Is it that you want me to tell you why your mate doesn't trust you?"

"I want to know the cause of her distrust."

"I think you already know that. Do I need to say the words?"

"That won't be necessary. How do I get her to trust me fully?"

"I thought that was obvious; get rid of her bad memories."

"How do I do that?"

"Well you can't. She has to on her own. You can only help."

I bit the inside of my cheek. "How can I help?"

"By helping her execute her revenge."

"Revenge? Are you telling me the only way for Aria to be free of those horrid memories is for her to get revenge?"

"She's not like others, which is why she was chosen for you. Her scars won't heal with time, nor will the memories fade. For Aria, the only solution is justice. She's been living in denial all this time, when she saw her father again, that denial melted away. Now she has to face reality. And for Aria, facing reality means she has to also deal with that reality."

"So we have to go back to Dronan."

"It's the only way."

After Zaphaya had left, I thought about all that she had said. I thought that with time, the wounds Aria carried would heal. But now I see that's not the case. She has to be the one to initiate that healing process.

I stayed up for most of the early morning thinking about the best way to deal with everything. There was only one. Go back to planet Dronan and let Aria have her revenge whatever way she wanted. I'm not a fan of death, but if that's what fate has in store for them then so be it.

I drifted off to sleep when the sun started peeking through the bedroom window.

Aria
I woke with a terrible headache. If I had to guess I would say it was because of the crying I did last night. I was still for a few seconds, using the time to absorb my surroundings. I wasn't surprised to find myself curled securely against Zane's side. Even in sleep my subconscious seeks him out. He must have had a long night. I frowned. I didn't like the direction my thoughts were going in. But not liking it doesn't mean I can stop the thoughts from circulating in my head.

I got out of bed with a new agenda. The first thing I did was go for a jog to clear my head. When I returned Zane was still sleeping, so I showered and went out again to get us breakfast this time. It was on him of course. I made sure to use his credit card, the same credit card which will be used for a lot of retail therapy later on in the day. He was not getting away so easy. If I can't be full on aggressive, best believe I'm going to be passive aggressive with his ass.

When I got back to the apartment he was up, showered and dressed for work. I placed two bagels with cream cheese and a cup of black coffee in front of him.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

I disappeared after that. He didn't even offer an explanation for his disappearance last night, and after his nonchalant behaviour just now I'm not so sure I want one. When he came to say goodbye before leaving for work I pretended I was asleep. I didn't miss his small sigh before placing a kiss on my cheek, either. What the hell was he sighing about? I should be the one doing that after his abrupt disappearance last night. I stayed in bed for an hour thinking about what the hell I was doing, which at the moment was nothing. I was holed up in an apartment while my mate is at work. I was basically a kept woman, well at least that's what I felt like. I didn't even know how to use my powers.

I jumped out of bed. I was a shadow of my former self. Well no more. I would learn to use these powers today even if it killed me. And then I'm going to reward myself by shopping until I want to fall over from the task.

I stripped and stood looking at myself in the mirror. As much as I didn't want to say it, I was fascinated by the little ring of blue that circled my eyes. Zane was right when he said I'll always have a piece of him with me. And a piece of his brother too, my subconscious jumped in. I frowned at the thought and turned to the side. I never really paid much attention to my snake before now. It was just something that was there.

"Maybe that's why you don't know how to use your powers."

"Is it too much to ask for peace and quiet in the morning? What are you doing in my head Elijah?"

"Well you left the door opened so I just walked right in."

"Of course you did. You wouldn't be you if you didn't. I'm not surprised."

"You should probably be more careful. You don't want certain information to slip out now do you?"

"You know, I'm beginning to see what Zane meant about you? Annoying is too mild a word for what you are."

I continued studying the snake on my thigh. There must be a way for me to unlock these powers.

"I can help you if you want."

"Hmm, tempting. But I'd rather you not."

"I'll be on my best behaviour."

"Unfortunately, I have plans today. Whatever motives you have will have to wait."

"I'll only need an hour. Think of how happy you'll be once you're able to use those gifts. Plus, shopping can wait. You'll still have enough time to go and splurge."

"Is there anything you don't know?"

"Of course. There are plenty things I don't know. For example, I don't know why Zane gave me a list of names of people for me to search the universe to find. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?"

The walls I had around that piece of information rose higher. I had Zane to thank for that little skill.

"Nope. I have no idea whatsoever. He's your brother."

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

His presence melted away from my mind, and so did another. It was one I've never felt before. I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing since the only two people to have ever been in my head were Zane and Eli.

I dressed in a sports bra and yoga pants and made a quick call to Alexis before Eli came. I couldn't very well go shopping by myself now could I? By the time we were finished she should almost be in the city.

Eli
"Go change."

"Why do I need to change?"

She stood with her arms crossed glaring at me. She was stunning. I don't think she even knew how stunning she was. I walked around the apartment slowly.

"I'm sure you're aware that as an original your power comes from your animal. Therefore, in order for you to unlock your powers your animal must be free. Where is your snake by the way? I assume it's somewhere under that pants." The confused look on her face told me she didn't understand what I said just now. So I repeated myself. "In order for you to unlock your powers you need access to your animal. So lose the pants."

"I still don't see what that has to do with anything. Zane's snake can move around on his body and even leave it whenever it needs to. I assume it's the same with me."

"Wrong. Zane and his snake are one, so am I with my hawk. You're separated from your snake."

"Whatever."

She left the room and came back in a pair of shorts. My eyes scanned her body searching for her snake. It was located on the outside of her left thigh.

"Nice. Small and neat just like its owner."

She glared at me.

"Are we going to start or not?"

Desire jolted through my body. The way she was dressed and the way she was glaring at me caused my cock to stir.

"Yes, of course. But not here."

I held my hand out to her. She looked from it to me and back again.

"I can follow you. I don't need to touch you."

"We're not doing it here. I'd hate for you to destroy the place. And I don't trust you to teleport on your own without ending up somewhere dangerous."

She sighed and dropped her arms.

"Fine."

When she placed her palm in mine, I savoured the feel of her skin against mine. I don't know when I'll have the chance to touch her like this again.

As soon as we arrived she let go. I still found it strange that she didn't feel anything towards me. She couldn't be that good at hiding her feelings.

"Where are we?"

"In the palace. This is one of our smaller training rooms. Well then, I did say an hour. Attack me." She stood in the same spot as before and did nothing. "Maybe you need some motivation." The equipments that were lying around started to float in the air. With a silent command, they all went sailing in her direction. The startled look she gave me was cute. As if I would really hurt her. This was all for her benefit. She screamed and brought her hands up to her face. Everything froze then fell to the floor.

"Come on Aria, you can do better than that. You already had that power. Try using a different one. Try using your mind. That seems to be where you are strongest." This time I chose spears, five to be exact. "I want you to stop these with your mind. If you don't you might get hurt." Before she could agree or disagree I sent the spears flying in her direction. As they got closer, her arms rose. I teleported myself behind her and held her arms.

"Let go!"

"Use your mind."

"I can't!" She struggled against me.

"Look at them and will them to stop," I shouted. "I'm not going to stop them for you. You have to.

"I can't!"

"Yes you can!" I held her arms tightly by her side, forcing her to concentrate. When they were less than an inch from her face and body they stopped.

"You're a monster," she said angrily.

"Am I? I didn't stop them. You did. Now try moving them with your mind."

Immediately they started to move backwards until they were back in their original place. Reluctantly, I stepped away. I knew what was on her mind and moved before she had a change to do anything.

"If you want to hit me, you have to catch me first."

"That's not fair. You know I haven't gotten the hang of teleporting yet."

"Think and do, Aria. It's that simple. Catch me," I whispered in her ear. She spun around but I was gone before she could lift her arm. I looked at her fuming from across the room. "Think about where you want to go and just do it. Mind over matter Aria."

She took a deep breath and disappeared. My eyes scanned the room but found no sight of her. "Aria?" I felt her presence before she could fully materialize behind me and disappeared quickly. "You'll have to do better than that." I smirked. She smirked back. "I intend to." She materialized in front of me before she could finish her sentence. That caught me off guard, and so did the slap she delivered to my cheek. She disappeared again and I heard her laughter fade with the wind. We played around like that for a few more minutes until I was sure she'd gotten the hang of it.

"Can we move on now? Your snake is awake."

"This is exhilarating. Is it always like this?"

"That's because you're high on teleportation juice. After you've gotten used to it it'll feel like nothing."

"What's next?"

I thought about it for a second. I didn't get to think about it for longer than that because a huge fireball came right at me. I stopped it just in time. "Whoa there warrior princess from hell. Where did that come from?"

"That's what you were thinking right? I read your mind in case you were wondering. This is fun."

She started to set things around the room on fire."

"Whoa, easy there." I held on to her before she took things too far.

"Relax Elijah. It's just an illusion. See?" Immediately the fire started to melt away and things were once again as they were before. "You wanted to me to unlock my powers. This is me unlocking my powers. I wonder if I could cause an earthquake. We can control the elements right? All four?"

"Let's leave that for another day. Your hour is up. I do remember you saying something about shopping, or are you too high on magic to bother going?"

"Crap! Alexis must have arrived already."

She disappeared without even saying thank you. I wasn't worried about her ending up in some dark dimension anymore. She should have things under control now.

"Thank you Elijah." It was a faint whisper in my mind, but it made me smile nonetheless.

Alexis
"You're not ready."

"I'm sorry. I got side-tracked."

"With what? You're the one that called me remember?"

"Long story. Give me a few minutes to shower and get dressed then we can go."

"So where were you exactly?"

"I had a training session in the palace. Up until this morning I couldn't use my powers."

"And who was this training session with?"

She gave me the eye. I couldn't help it if I was somewhat perceptive.

"With Elijah."

"That's the equally hot twin brother right?"

"That would be correct," a voice answered startling me.

Aria glared over my head. "Don't you ever use a door? Fuck, you're annoying." I glanced from one to the other.

"So nice to see you again princess Alexis."

I got hold of my manners.

"Your highness, it's a pleasure."

It took just a second for me to realize there was someone standing behind him. She must be shy. But I didn't miss the long dark curls peeking out.

"What do you want Eli?"

"Well you are going shopping. I thought Eva and I could tag along." He dragged the girl to his side gently. She bowed her head in greeting. "Your highness." Aria rolled her eyes and blatantly ignored her greeting.

"So you want to take your mistress shopping. Do it on your own time. I don't have time to play your games."

I studied their interaction closely. There was definitely something going on there.

"Let's go Alexis."

"Why sis, where did your manners go. The King has offered to accompany us shopping. Shouldn't we accept?"

I pulled her aside. "That child is practically shaking. She doesn't look comfortable with him, and she's scared shitless of you."

"Believe me; she's anything but uncomfortable with him."

"What's wrong with you? You could use a friend in the palace."

"You want me to befriend her?" She looked back at the girl who was practically cowering because of her presence. "Fine. Why not? We could use extra hands to carry our bags."

"That's not what I meant."

"I know." She turned to them. "All right then. Let's go shopping."

"Great. Aria and I will take my car. I assume you have transportation, your highness?"

"It's fine. We can manage."

"Don't you dare."

"How exactly are we to get there then?"

"I don't care. You are not touching any of Zane's cars."

"Aria, let's just go. What does it matter anyway? They're brothers."

Thankfully she gave up on her argument.

"So what's with the sudden need to go shopping?"

She didn't take her eyes off the road but still answered.

"Punishment."

"Punishment for whom?"

"Zane."

"What did he do?"

"He didn't come home last night."

I laughed.

"How exactly is shopping going to punish him?"

"I'll be using his cards."

"I see. What exactly do you plan on buying?"

"Whatever I feel like."

My dear sister was clueless.

"Did you ask him where he was?"

"Nope. He was probably at some domination type club doing all sorts of unspeakable things to some poor misguided female."

"You sound so bitter."

"I just can't understand why people choose to live like that."

"So because you don't understand means it's wrong? You have issues."

We didn't continue with the conversation after that. I saw nothing wrong with indulging in a dominant and submissive relationship if both parties are in agreement. Chad and I do it all the time. So does Adrian and Alyssa. Why was Aria so against it? I think it comes with who we are. I even think our mother and Leon have that kind of relationship, but one would not know unless they know what to look for. The signs are there. The way she acts around him says it all.
___________________

"Aria that's enough. You are not buying yourself another car."

"Why not? It's not like I have a credit limit."

"Still, you need to be considerate."

Of course she didn't listen to me because in her mind she was getting back at Zane for not coming home last night. I couldn't speak for Adrian because he wasn't here, but I could speak for Chad.

"You're not buying Chad a car, end of discussion."

"Okay fine, whatever."

"Are you going to let her continue this reckless spending?"

"It's not my money. Besides, she deserves to live a little. It's one of the perks of being a super rich Queen."

When Aria bought herself an entire apartment complex I'd had enough.

"That's it. What's your brother's number? I'm calling him. This has gone on too long."

"Don't bother. He already knows."

"Then why isn't he doing anything about it?"

"It's their business. Let them handle it their own way. I'm just here to make sure no harm comes to her."

After Aria brought us all over town with her crazy antics, she finally decided to take a break. But of course that also had to turn into an argument. They argued more than an old married couple.

"I don't care if you want to show off to your mistress or if you're just being nice. You are not buying me lunch."

"Stop being so dramatic about it. It's just lunch."

"I don't care."

They had been at it for the better part of ten minutes.

"Why are you so stubborn? It's just lunch for crying out loud!"

I could tell he was close to losing his temper and Aria wasn't going to let up. So far, the girl had kept quiet, but I did notice she held on to him when his voice rose just now.

"Enough. I'll pay for lunch. We're all rich, so put your egos aside."

Aria glared at me. I wasn't threatened. She's been doing that all morning. Elijah chose where we would eat. He was no better than Aria. His excuse is that he's King and he can't be seen just dining anywhere. An appetizer at this place cost a fortune. Good thing I can afford it.

It didn't escape me that the atmosphere between Aria and Elijah was charged with some kind of energy. What kind of energy it was exactly, I haven't figured out yet. I turned my attention to the mistress instead. She'd been quiet all this time. It was creepy. I decided to start up a conversation with her while we wait for our meals.

"So Eva, tell me about yourself." Her head snapped up.

"Evangeline," Elijah corrected. Her name is Evangeline."

"My apologies. I just assumed Eva was her name."

She didn't respond right away. She looked to him for permission first.

"Go ahead."

It was interesting that their relationship was like that.

Aria scoffed beside me. "What do you care Alexis? You probably won't see her again after today."

I did my best to ignore Aria.

"How old are you?"

"I'm twenty your majesty."

"You don't have to call me that. Alexis is fine."

"Yes she does," Aria interjected.

"Like I was saying, you can call me Alexis. Ignore your highness over here."

"She'll be twenty-one tomorrow."

"Oh really? Happy birthday when it comes."

Aria rolled her eyes.

"Will you be having a party?"

She fumbled for words.

"Alexis, you seem to be forgetting she's a consort. What party could she possibly have? She shouldn't even be outside the palace."

"What's wrong with you?"

"Me? Nothing. I'm just saving you the trouble of asking ridiculous questions."

"Eva doesn't want a party," Elijah responded for her but frowned. He turned to her. "What do you want for your birthday Eva?"

"It's not my place to want anything your highness."

"Are we back to this?" He sighed. "Later."

I didn't get to dig more because our food came and we all dug in, except for Evangeline. She barely ate anything.

What was her story? There was definitely something there.

After lunch, Aria excused herself to use the restroom. Elijah also left shortly after. I didn't think it was a coincidence. I gave it a little time before excusing myself from the table also.

Voices in the passage stopped me.

"Why do you insist on being a bitch to everyone you meet?" Elijah had Aria caged between his arms beside the restroom door. But they weren't touching.

"Are you asking me why I'm a bitch or why I'm a bitch to your mistress? Because I assure you, there's a difference."

"Her name is Evangeline."

"Do I look like I care?"

"I know what you're thinking, remember? This bitchy attitude of yours stems from jealously."

"Oh please. What possible reason could I have to be jealous of her?"

He continued like she hadn't spoken. "But you being jealous makes no sense, does it Aria? After all, this..." His lips pressed against hers roughly..."didn't happen." As quickly as he had kissed her, he pulled away. He didn't give her a chance to respond or do anything. He walked away before she could. When he reached near me I didn't know what to say, so I said the first thing that came to my lips. "I didn't see anything."

"Don't worry, I intended for you see." And he was gone before I could utter a word. Aria stood in the same position she was before breathing heavily. She didn't even acknowledge me when I stood in front of her. Her eyes had this far away look.

"What the hell was that?"

She shook her head from side to side then glanced at me. "What?"

"What I just saw."

"And what was that?"

"So you're just going to pretend your mate's brother didn't just kiss you."

"Did he? I didn't notice."

"Aria!"

"Leave it alone Alexis." She walked off.

"Aria!"

She stopped mid step. "Either you forget what just happened or I'll make you forget."

"Is that a threat? Are you threatening me? Have you lost your mind?"

"It most definitely is a threat. Forget about it Alexis. I'm asking you to."

The look in her eyes said there was more to the story, but I decided to drop the topic...for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 689 3
Ariana never wanted to be mated to the sexy Alpha king, the tingles that she feels every time they touch prove otherwise though. They maybe polar op...
240K 11.8K 55
*Mature Content* Forced to flee from their home, King Taius and Akara are fighting to survive while rebels strive to hunt them down. But not just a...
65K 4.4K 61
*Book 2 of the Destined Series* The clock is ticking for Ryleigh. Duty calls, and she knows she has to leave her mate and new-found friends to return...
2.2K 154 26
ARIA KNIGHTS Darker than the night itself and more chilling than the darkest nightmares, Aria Knights has always been a puzzle wrapped in shadows. Wa...