There's No Such Thing As Happ...

Par maximumluv2004

And... if I did go after Roman... Then where is he now? "I don't understand," I whispered, tears threatening... Plus

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Quick Question
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Cover Change
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Important
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Nineteen And A Half
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Six

936 61 72
Par maximumluv2004

Point of View: Deceit, First Person
Timeline: Before Logan collapses, After Virgil's Hallucination, After Ollie and Daisy have been taken by Deceit and are currently MIA, and After Joan leaves the room after checking in with Thomas (oh boy, y'all remember all that? you guys are troopers if you're still hanging in there)

"Is the job done?"

"Yes sir, your son is back in the Palace, my King.  The operation to retrieve him went smoothly.  The plan is being executed perfectly. No one suspects a thing."

"And the gem is still being protected?"

"Yes, my King."

"Good.  Start Phase Three."

"... My King, if you don't mind me asking, what do you intend to do with Ollie -"

"That is classified information of which you have no reason to know.  How Oliver is involved in the plan has nothing to do with you.  And it is absolutely not your place to ask questions in this operation, now is it, Deceit?"

"No, no of course not, my King.  I was just -"

"You were just being an ignorant little servant.  Now, do not make me repeat myself.  You have your orders.  Follow them."

"Yes my King..."

__________
Point of View: Thomas, First Person
Timeline: After Logan collapses, After Virgil and FG go through the door, After Ollie and Daisy have been taken to the Mind Palace, After Joan leaves the room, A minute or so before Will and Pax are reunited and fuse together (Remember: This story takes place before Thomas learns about Deceit)

I sighed rubbing the back of my neck, frustrated and upset.  I shouldn't have lied to Joan, lying is wrong. 

But... I've already lied, what's a few more?

I exhaled harshly frowning at the computer which still had the 'Moving On' Project up.  I just felt so unsure of what to do next.  Should I try and talk to Joan, tell them that I heard what they said? That I heard that they think I'm going crazy?  You know what, I bet if we talk about it -

Oh come on, Thomas.  You're better than that.

What? What do you mean?

They think that you're crazy! You don't honestly think that talking is going to fix this? Please, be reasonable.  Joan thinks that you're crazy, and now Talyn does too.  Are those really the kind of people that you want to surround yourself with?

I mean... no, but this is Joan and Talyn.  They've both been there for me for... years.  Shouldn't I at least try to work this out?

You owe them nothing.  They want to try to fix you; they look at you like you're broken.  And admittedly, they aren't wrong, but why keep them around?

I - no, I'm not crazy.  I know that.

And what, exactly, do you think you could say to convince Joan of that? What could you possibly say that would change their minds?  Why would they care about the words of someone who they think is mentally unstable?

I - I don't know...

They don't want to really help you.  If they want to help you, they'd listen to you.  And neither of the two people you claim to be your "best friends" are listening.

They listen -

No, Thomas, no they don't.  Joan is brilliant, you can't dispute that, but don't be blinded by their intelligence.  They are not a good friend to you - if they were a good friend, they would believe you.

I mean... yeah, but -

Thomas, are you even listening to yourself? They think you're crazy! Unless that you'd rather admit that instead, that you are truly crazy.  All of these - these things that you've created in your head are just figments of your imagination.

No! No, I'm not crazy but -

Then you have to choose.

What? No?! I'm not going to choose between my friends and... 

Oh really?  And how good of friends are they right now? Why keep them around?  You can find new friends, better friends.  Friends that don't think you're crazy the moment you finally get the courage to tell them the truth.

I... maybe you're right...

Thomas, what are you doing? This is Joan we're talking about, your best friend for years!  Don't they at least deserve a chance to explain themselves before you decide to cut them out of your life completely?

I...

They hurt you! They lied to your face and then talked about you behind your back in your apartment!  If that's something they did so easily, then whatever else would they do without hesitating?

Thomas, don't let your emotions get the best of you - you're stronger than that.  You know in your heart that the right thing is to talk, tell them that you heard what they said.  No one has to get hurt and they only want to watch out for you, make sure that you're okay.  Their heart is in the right place.  Isn't that worth something?

I... I don't know...

You love them, Thomas.  I know you do.  And you know that they love you too.  They would never try to hurt you on purpose.

But they did hurt him!  And what, is Thomas supposed to just "let it go?"  How is he supposed to forgive them for that?  Why should he?

It was a mistake, people make mistakes.

So what? What they did was wrong!  And they'll keep making that same mistake.  They've betrayed Thomas's trust - they don't deserve to be his friend.

Friendship is not a matter of deserve, they shouldn't have to earn your friendship like it's trophy they can add to their collection. Joan wasn't trying to hurt you, Thomas.  They only want the best for you.  And yes, it was a mistake, but it was an honest and genuine one.  They really do have your best interests at heart, they're worried about you. Joan loves you and they only want to make sure that you're okay.

No! They talked about you behind you back!

And all the words they said to Talyn came from a place of worry and love.  Can you really be mad at them for that?  Is that honestly worth more than years of friendship and loyalty?

"Okay, okay," Thomas shook his head, trying to sort through the jumble of voices in his head.  "I don't know which one of you guys is speaking, but... they love me, and I love them too.  I should talk to them.  And if... and if things don't go well, then... then I'll have my decision.  But I can't just shove Joan out of my life over something like this.   I have to talk to them... I know they didn't mean to hurt my feelings," Thomas stood up from his bed - bracing himself for the up.  "But thank you guys for your help."

Thomas felt one presence leave, clearly unhappy.  But the second lingered, almost as if it didn't want to leave just yet.

We're so proud of you, Thomas.

__________

Hello loyal loves :3

So... it's been... a minute.  And I know it's been forever, and it seems like this is taking forever, but I promise you this story is going to pick up steam really quick (it's just that so many things are happening at once like holy crap it's a lot).  That being said... there is a strong possibility of one last book.  If that's something you guys would be interested in it that is.  If not this book will just be really freakin long, sooo what do you guys think? :)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

30.3K 1.1K 24
So this is my very first story ever so let me know what you guys think! The following pictures that you'll see in this story do NOT belong to me so i...
98.4K 2.4K 42
hey, this is a prinxiety one shots book, hope yall enjoy. (I update infrequently, but if you request, i will for sure do that) not turning on mature...
12.8K 737 23
PLZ READ BROKEN BOOK 1 BEFORE READING THIS ~^@ It's been 8 months since the base, and everyone is trying to keep me calm. It's not working! Roman's b...
10K 760 37
PLEASE READ BROKEN BOOKS 1-4 BEFORE READING THIS ONE. ~^@ After what happened at the Refuge Virgil and Lucas have been insane. They've been in war mo...