Night's Wrath (Black Clover x...

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Demons have long since existed, lurking in the shadows of the land. The unity of man and demon was always hel... More

Prologue - Night's Fall
Ex. Page | OC Codex (I)
Ex. Page | OC Codex (II)
1st Page: Nightfall's Beginning
2nd Page: Catalyst
3rd Page: The Monster Within
4th Page: The Quest Begins
5th Page: Mettle
6th Page: The Black Bulls
7th Page: Fade to Black
8th Page: Rampant Silver
9th Page: First Mission
10th Page: A Mission to Remember
11th Page: Arsenal
12th Page: A Visit to Home
13th Page: Dungeon Diving
14th Page: Showdown
15th Page: Advent
16th Page: Battle of Ancients
17th Page: The Hidden Ruins
18th Page: Legacy of Time
19th Page: Time Reaper
20th Page: Decoration Ceremony
21st Page: I'll Protect Them
22nd Page: Capital Defense
24th Page: Clash
25th Page: Midnight Sun Incursion
26th Page: Falling Night
27th Page: Relations
28th Page: Meeting the Princess
29th Page: Date with the Elements
30th Page: Disastrous Visit
31st Page: Waning Light
32nd Page: Void Unleashed
33rd Page: Aftermath
34th Page: Traitor
35th Page: Squad Mission
36th Page: A Black Beach
37th Page: Into the Temple!
38th Page: Rising Tides
39th Page: Turning the Tide
40th Page: The Temple's Strongest
41st Page: Amidst Despair
42nd Page: Battle of the Beasts
43rd Page: The Value of Teamwork
44th Page: The Sea Goddess
45th Page: The Blaze Queen
46th Page: Our Path Forward
47th Page: Returning Home
48th Page: The Battle for Kiten
49th Page: Suspicion
50th Page: Stasis
?? Page: Altered Fates
51st Page: Brothers' Blues
52nd Page: In the Outskirts
53rd Page: Into the Manor
54th Page: Lost in Time
55th Page: Conflict Across Time
56th Page: Scattered
57th Page: Echoing Rumbles
58th Page: Illuminated
59th Page: As Time Shifts

23rd Page: Undead Liberation

6.6K 185 92
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Capital Town, Kikka...

Chaos reigned through the Capital Town of Kikka despite the efforts of the Magic Knights, the remaining Noble's running for their lives, terrorized by the zombies around the Capital.

However, hope was yet to be lost. As the Magic Knights fought valiantly, the invading monsters slowly faded, a clear decrease in their numbers. Or, at least for a moment before new monster rose once more.

Slowly, the Magic Knights held back the seemingly endless hordes.

"There has to be someone controlling all of these!" Alice shouted as she sent a stream of black flames with lilac hints towards the zombies in front of her, obliterating them.

"Agreed. However, there's too much rampant mana to get a clear location." Fuegoleon agreed with the girl, however he shook his head helplessly. These creatures indeed possessed mana, but they weren't alive. However, such a case caused the mana to run rampant around the Capital, making it almost impossible to track the locations of others.

"Haaaaaaa-!" A loud voice shouted in the distance, prompting Alice and Noelle to turn in its direction.

"Is that Asta?" Alice asked with a sweatdrop.

"It's a loud and annoying voice, I think that matches." Noelle equally sweatdropped as the two turned back to the two Crimson Lion mages.

"We're going on ahead, there might be people towards this way!" Alice gave the other two mages a heads up, beginning to run off as Noelle followed behind.

"They sure are energetic." Leopold spoke as he saw the two run off.

"As long as they can aid in the goal of saving the people, it doesn't matter." Fuegoleon shook his head as he sent out another [Sol Linea], once more shredding the undead hordes.

"Guess as much." Leopold also nodded, returning to fighting off the remaining undead in the area, the combined teamwork of the two flame mages swiftly taking down the undead.

With Alice and Noelle...

The two Black Bulls ran in silence, a tense atmosphere in the air between the two as they ran.

"Hey, Alice...where do you think (Y/N) is?" Noelle broke the silence, asking her friend with an unsure expression, unaware of where the (h/c) haired boy had gone.

"I'm not sure, I can't sense his magic from here." Alice shook her head, though a glint of worry appeared in her eyes.

"Why do you ask?" Alice then turned to look at her friend, though she didn't stop running as Noelle looked down with a slight blush.

"I-It's not like I l-like h-him or an-nything..." Noelle stuttered out as Alice then smirked mischievously.

"Oh? I didn't mention anything about liking him~." Alice teased as Noelle blushed a deeper red, smoke rising from her ears as embarrassment clearly coated her face.

"S-shut it!" Noelle stuttered out in embarrassment, causing Alice to laugh slightly as a smile formed on her face, turning her attention back to their front, focusing on running once again.

"But...you wouldn't be the only one who likes him..." Alice smiled slightly, shaking her head slightly as she thought of this.

"Hiaaaa!" Hearing the yell, Alice and Noelle nodded to each other before breaking off, Alice going to the left and Noelle to the right.

A little ahead of the two Black Bulls girls, Asta swung his broadsword towards the seemingly endless hordes of zombies, desperately defending the little girl behind him, a giant zombie-like creature also standing off against him.

"These curses are really something else, and I can't even approach with this horde and having to block both for myself and the little girl behind me! But still, I have to try!" Resolving himself, Asta swung his broadsword through a group of zombies, sending them all flying.

However, out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed a dozen or so curse balls speed off towards the little girl of whom he was supposed to be protecting.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! WHAT WILL YOU DO NOW MAGIC KNIGHT?!" The light purple haired man in front of Asta spoke, watching gleefully as the curses approached the little girl.

"Dammit! I'm not going to make it in time, even if I throw my sword!" Asta's eyes widened as he realized he couldn't save the little girl, watching helplessly as the blackish-purple curse balls approached the little girl.

"Jimmy! Make him taste true despair!" The man laughed as the undead puppet, "Jimmy", proceeded to send another volley of curse balls at the little girl.

As Asta saw the second volley of magic blast off towards the little girl, of whom shrieked in fear at the forthcoming death, his mouth released a silent scream, inwardly cursing his inability to do anything.

"[Shadowflame Magic: Shadow Ray!]"

"[Water Magic: Sea Dragon's Lair!]"

Two voices shouted out simultaneously as a bubble of water magic surrounded the little girl, effectively dispelling the incoming curse blasts. Simultaneously, a ray of blackish-lilac flames burst through the crowd of undead zombies, the giant named Jimmy included as they all burst into flames.

"Huh?" Seeing the new magic, Asta found Alice staring at the man who'd summoned the zombies to his left, Noelle to his right as she extended her hands out towards the little girl, maintaining the torrential shield of water around her.

"Noelle, Alice, thanks!" Seeing that the little girl was safe, Asta thanked his teammates as he returned his attention to the man across from him.

"Who's this guy, Asta?" Alice asked, wary of the man in front of her as she conjured up shadowflames at her fingertips, prepared to unleash her spells at a moments notice.

Looking around, Noelle gasped slightly as she saw the massive piles of undead bodies sprawled upon each other, without a single trace of movement.

"Asta...did all this?" Noelle gaped slightly, finding it hard to believe that the boy with zero magic could take this many of the undead the Magic Knights had struggled with and still be capable of fighting. However, when she thought about it, it wasn't like Asta was weak to begin with. Physically, he was much stronger than most people, and to boot he had swords that allowed him to cut through magic effortlessly. It did make sense that he could take on this many, Noelle admitted to herself.

"I don't know! He keeps summoning these undead though, so if we defeat him, these weird things might disappear!" Asta brandished his swords, Noelle turning her attention towards the distant light purple haired man, of whom was staring at the ashes of the puppet called Jimmy.

"No way...how could she have defeated Jimmy so easily!?" The man's eyes widened as he saw the ashes fade in the wind, turning his attention to the distant teens.

"She's a Black Bull...?" Seeing this, the man almost broke out into laughter as he saw this girl be in the weakest of all the Magic Knights Squads.

"Alright! You took down Jimmy, but he's not the only one I've got! Come out, Alfred!" The man laughed as lightning forced all three mages to jump back, dodging the strike as three craters stood where they had been previously.

"Tch, let's end this fast!" Alice shouted as she sent a volley of fireballs towards Alfred, only for the limb-less conjuration to dodge to the side, leaving behind only sparks of lightning.

"He's fast!" Alice gasped in alarm, seeing her fireballs not come anywhere close to her opponent, reappearing behind Asta, lightning sparking around it.

"Take this!" Not missing a beat, Asta relied on instinct as he turned around swiftly as swung his swords at Alfred, however, once more the creature simply flashed away before his swords got anywhere near.

"Too fast!" Asta's eyes widened as he recoiled slightly from the pure force he'd put into his swing, and yet, he still wasn't capable of hitting the undead summon.

"Dealing with three of you-"

"Make that four." A voice spoke as Alice, Noelle and Asta turned their heads to see Leopold blast a stream of flames towards Alfred, however his flames missed as the corpse flashed away.

"Tch. Dealing with four of you would be too troublesome...so I'll just have to even the numbers!" The light purple haired man laughed as a portal appeared next to Alice, and one in front of Leopold and Alice, and Alfred shooting at Asta, effectively scattering the group of mages.

"No. 3, David! No. 5, Jack!" The necromancer laughed wildly, a grotesque looking body flailing out of the portal next to Alice, and a stitched up corpse manifesting next to Noelle and Leopold, a stream of muddy water forcing the two to retreat a few steps.

"Try to take these on, Magic Knights!" The undead mage shouted in twisted glee, a giant smile on his face.

"We don't have time for this!" Alice shouted as she sent a volley of fireballs towards Jack, the corpse flailing wildly and disturbingly as it easily evaded the fireballs.

"I need to defeat this guy fast, then I can get rid of that necromancer!" Alice bit her lip, focusing on her own magic as she sent a helix of flames towards the undead corpse, however, it once again flailed out of the way before running at the girl wildly.

"Gahhhrrg!" The creature named Jack roared as it creepily crept towards Alice.

"Tch...I'm not too proficient at it yet, but if I want to end this as fast as possible, then I've got no choice!" Alice suddenly smiled as she raised her open palm towards the approaching corpse.

"[Shadowflame Magic: Blazing Chains, Black Sun Flash!]" Alice spoke loudly as her left hand pointed towards Jack, a dozen chains made of blackish-lilac flames rising up from the floor and wrapping around Jack, preventing the corpse from moving as it howled loudly, fruitlessly struggling against the bindings.

In her right hand, a ball of black flames formed as Alice launched the ball towards Jack, the attack turning into a mere blur as a sphere of blackish-lilac flames consumed Jack, only leaving behind its wail of agony.

"It worked!" Alice smiled happily as she saw her attempt at double casting worked, almost jumping in glee as Jack was burned to ashes, fading into the wind.

Looking over to her teammates, Alice saw that Fuegoleon had arrived, having taken down Alfred effortlessly, and Noelle alongside Leopold having managed to take down David.

Not wasting a moment, Alice walked back up towards her Squadmates and the Crimson Lion members.

"Damn it...I wasn't able to beat it on my own..." Asta frowned sourly, having been the only one not capable of beating his adversary due to his lack of magic. However, he didn't notice Fuegoleon walked up beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I apologize for horning in on your fight." Fuegoleon apologized to Asta, though he didn't glance at the boy, keeping his gaze focused on the distant man.

"However, I thought it would be a shame to let a man like you die here." Fuegoleon continued, Asta looking up at him as his eyes widened slightly.

"Forgive me. You fought well for a peasant with no magical powers. I hate to admit this, but it seems like Yami's foresight was better than mine." Fuegoleon spoke calmly, walking forward slightly towards the light purple haired man.

"Asta, was it? I can see it in your eyes, you plan to become the Wizard King, don't you?" Fuegoleon asked, glancing at Asta as he spoke, the boy's mouth opening slightly, though he was unable to form any words.

"Then..." Fuegoleon looked back towards Asta, a ghost of a smile on his face.

"I guess you're my rival, too." Fuegoleon finished, Asta's eyes widening at his words. Even the man across from the two seemed shocked, though he didn't speak.

Approaching, Alice put a hand on Asta's shoulder reassuringly, giving the boy a smile as he nodded, smiling back. Though, Alice noticed something.

"That wound...it hasn't healed yet?" Alice asked in confusion, seeing that Asta's wound was still actively bleeding. Asta only shook his head and pointed at the light purple haired man, Alice nodding slightly in understanding.

"Captain of the Crimson Lion King's, Fuegoleon Vermillion! Finally, someone worth fighting steps onto the stage!" The necromancer laughed in glee as he saw Fuegoleon step up.

"You four, just leave the rest to me." Fuegoleon made his point clear, speaking loud enough for the four mages to hear.

"We can still fight!" Asta and Alice both shouted, Asta running in with his swords and Alice shooting a volley of fireballs towards her opponent.

"No, you can't." Fuegoleon spoke as he chopped Asta's head when he tried to run past him, Alice herself missing her fireballs despite the fact that the man had stood still, a clear sign of her exhaustion from pulling off double casting.

"You're both exhausted. If you ever want to get stronger, you'll need to keep in mind your own condition at all times." Fuegoleon spoke sagely, causing Asta and Alice to realize the exhaustion they felt, dropping to the floor simultaneously.

"Damn, I took too many hits..."

"It's so taxing just to double cast once...how does (Y/N) seem to pull this off effortlessly?"

Nearby, Noelle and Leopold watched on with different expressions, Leopold in pride and Noelle in awe.

"So this man...is the leader of the Crimson Lion Kings?" Both Alice and Noelle thought as Fuegoleon returned his gaze to his enemy.

"Now then, answer me this. What are you after? Your actions are too scattered to be an invasion and too organized to be a random act of terrorism. So answer me: what is your goal here? Just who are you?" Fuegoleon sharply questioned his opponent, causing the man to turn his head to the side seemingly arrogantly.

"Who am I? You don't recognize me? Guess I'm the only one enjoying this reunion." The man scoffed as Fuegoleon narrowed his eyes.

"Six years ago, I was the top choice for a Magic Knights Squad." The man revealed, causing almost everyone there to gasp in surprise.

"What? You're a former Magic Knight?" Fuegoleon questioned, even more questions arising within him.

"I guess you wouldn't remember. I was never hailed as important enough to bother with." The man scowled as Fuegoleon's eyes widened slightly, remembering a similar face that he'd seen before in the Magic Knights Entrance Exam.

"I see...you're from back then. You had enough Magic Power to rival even a noble, despite being only a commoner." Fuegoleon spoke as he remembered who the man in front of him was.

"That's right." The man agreed, a hint of a smile appearing on his face.

"What's your name?" Fuegoleon asked, causing the man to "Tch."

"It's Rades!" The now named Rades shouted, making sure his opponents heard it.

"Rades...ah, I remember. I believe you'd joined the Purple Orcas." Fuegoleon reminisced as Rades only turned his head to the side.

"They expelled me." Rades commented nonchalantly.

"Expelled?" Fuegoleon asked in surprise and slight interest.

"Rades, with all your talent and magic...why?" Fuegoleon asked, unsure of what could cause a person with so much potential to be expelled.

"Those bastards! They said my magic was dangerous and forbidden and kicked me out of both the Squad and Kingdom!" Rades formed a fist as he clenched it tightly, clear rage passing through his eyes.

"Because I was a commoner, no one bothered to stand up for me! Not one person! Even though my powers were better than anyone else's...better than the nobles'...greater than anyone's!" Rades raged as he grit his teeth.

"I'd thought Magic was everything in this Kingdom! And what's why! I'm getting my revenge on the Magic Knights and this country! With my powers, I'll show all of you my worth!" That's what I'm after! Though, we do have another goal..." Rades ranted, however, he didn't say the last past out loud.

"For such a childish reason...You can't be serious, you fool!" Fuegoleon yelled at Rades, unbelieving of such a petty reason being used for the slaughter of hundreds of men and women and children alike.

"Childish? Reasons are always simple!" Rades insanely laughed as a portal appeared below him, a corpse dressed in priest-like white robes rising from the ground behind Rades.

Similarly, dozens of portals appeared around the group as zombies swarmed out of them.

"Leo! Silva girl! Do you need help taking care of those undead?" Fuegoleon asked as he glanced back, seeing his brother's hands become engulfed in flames and Noelle's eyes shining nervously.

"Not at all!" Leopold exclaimed back, though Noelle's reaction was the opposite of his.

"H-hey, maybe we d-do..." Noelle was silenced as Fuegoleon spoke.

"Good! Very good! I shall leave them to you, then!" Fuegoleon returned his attention to Rades as he spoke, Asta and Alice being in awe of his commanding prowess.

"Way to ask the impossible! Your attributes are unfit to best mine! Well, not like I'd let you help them, anyway..." Rades spoke arrogantly, though his eyes widened as he looked back towards Fuegoleon, a massive crimson flame lion behind him, standing ferociously.

"Hmph. Sorry, but I can't control the intensity of the flames. [Flame Creation Magic: Leo Rugiens!]" Fuegoleon chanted as the massive lion behind him opened its mouth, shooting a stream of flames towards Rades, engulfing both him and the priest-like corpse in flames.

"T-That's seriously Flame Magic?! He doesn't even look winded!" To say Alice was stunned would be an understatement. That one spell had surpassed most of hers in offensive power, and yet Fuegoleon didn't seem to be affected by its usage in the slightest. This is the power...of the Captain of the Crimson Lion Kings!

Newfound reverence and respect formed in Alice, the girl in awe of the sheer destructive power contained by that simple stream of flames.

However, as the smoke cleared, Fuegoleon narrowed his eyes.

"A magical barrier?" Fuegoleon questioned curiously, though it only served to tick off Rades.

"How are you so calm? Defense isn't the only thing Carl can do!" Rades yelled out as light purple arrow-like projectiles began shooting out of the magic barrier surrounding him and Carl, headed directly for Fuegoleon.

"Watch out!" Alice shouted in alarm, seeing as there were at least dozens of arrows heading towards Fuegoleon.

However, Fuegoleon didn't worry in the slightest as he chanted his spell.

"[Flame Creation Magic: Ignis Columna!]" Fuegoleon waved his hand as a stream of flames rose around him, covering him in a cylindrical rod of flames, effectively dispelling the arrows that sped towards him.

"Oh? Trying to match Carl's barrier spell, huh?" Rades exclaimed arrogantly, his demented smile not leaving his face for a second as Carl continued its onslaught on Fuegoleon.

"Well?! What do you think about this invincible barrier and super barrage?" Rades asked as Carl's onslaught continued, though Fuegoleon's expression didn't change.

"I'll admit, there's nothing I can do at this moment." Fuegoleon spoke calmly, as if he wasn't under a constant barrage, and even further, acknowledging his opponents spell.

"Is this all that the Captain of the Crimson Lion Kings has?!" Rades laughed wickedly, taunting Fuegoleon.

"Hahaha! You haven't seen anything yet!" Nearby, Leopold laughed as he roasted some zombies into ashes, turning his attention to his brother for a second before resuming his own fight.

And as he said, a stream of white passed by Fuegoleon's barrier directly through Carl's barrier, and through the caster himself.

"What?!" Alice, Rades and Asta all gained stunned looks, seeing the fading beam of concentrated flames as Carl was set ablaze behind Rades, burning to ashes from the intense flames.

"[Flame Magic: Sol Linea]. The instant you attack, just for a moment, the mana in certain places of your barrier fluctuates, creating weak points within your barrier. I deal with difficult magic every day. Listen well, all of you!" Fuegoleon spoke as he turned to address the Magic Knights behind him.

"As long as you are a Magic Knight, you'll find yourselves constantly pitted against powerful enemies and magic!" Fuegoleon screamed out, making sure that all four could listen.

"But when that happens, if you gauge the ability calmly and maintain a bold fighting spirit, you will never lose! Is that clear!?" Fuegoleon finished, awe finding its way into all four Magic Knights.

"Yes, sir!" All four replied simultaneously, respect in their eyes.

"He instantly saw through his opponent's weaknesses..." Asta thought, shock passing through him in waves.

"...and he didn't even hesitate to capitalize on that opening." Alice finished Asta's train of thought, similar awe shining in her eyes.

"Not to mention, he even managed to psyche up his allies, as well..." Noelle continued with the train of thought, having seen what being a Magic Knight Captain meant in a new light.

"I-impossible! How could you defeat my number one so easily...D-Damn it! Damn it!" Rades' previous arrogance was all gone, slight fear reflecting within his eyes.

"Rades, was it? Even if you posses extraordinary abilities and polish them to their fullest, without a righteous spirit, your deeds are nothing but violence!" Fuegoleon suddenly glared as his face turned grim.

"No one will acknowledge something like that!" Fuegoleon spoke angrily, causing Rades eyes to widen.

Elsewhere, in the west district, the undead creatures suddenly stopped and fell own motionless, surprising the Magic Knights there.

"What were those things?" Klaus asked as he readjusted his glasses, though he received no answer.

"Regardless, they were no match for us." Hamon laughed carelessly.

In the eastern district, Sol was currently stepping on one of the motionless creatures while Charlotte wiped her hands with a piece of cloth.

"I can't believe you fools tried to attack my sis! Only the women of the Blue Rose Knights are allowed to touch her!" Sol raged as she kicked at the unmoving corpse comically. (That looks so much better animated than it sounds in words...)

"Sol, don't say things people will misinterpret." Charlotte kindly requested, though she was seemingly unable to get through to Sol as nearby, Lana and Michio sweatdropped at their Captain and Squadmate.

In the central district, a similar situation took place as he undead ceased to move, causing both Solid and Nebra to taunt the undead creatures.

"Is that all you have?" Solid laughed as he taunted the undead creatures that no longer moved.

"Aww, but I wasn't done playing yet." Nebra similarly laughed arrogantly, a clear mocking tone in her voice.

A small distance away, Sylvie overlooked all of the corpses, questions arising within her as she gazed at the strange creatures.

"Something's off here..." Unlike his siblings, Nozel could tell something was off. Had this really just been a random attack? Or was it a diversion?

In the northwest district, the Golden Dawn members consisting of Yuno, Mimosa and Alecdora finished cleaning up the remaining undead.

"That should have been all of them." Alecdora dusted his hands, seemingly calm.

"Th-they were so gross." Mimosa hunched over slightly as she caught her breath.

"..." Yuno looked at his hand wordlessly.

"It took too much out of me to just fend off those soldiers...I need to get stronger, so things like this don't bother me so much..." Yuno gripped his fist tightly, though he became distracted as he heard new voices speak out.

"Th-They're so strong!"

"Hooray for the Magic Knights!"

"Hooray! Hooray!"

However, as the people below cheered, a woman in a black dress and black pointed hat looked on from above, floating on a broomstick.

"I think everything should about be ready. Now then, for some lively sow's mana...How exciting!" The black clad woman licked her lips in anticipation, looking at the distant sky.

However, before any more cheers could be had, a massive explosion resounded out from the direction of the Magic Knights Headquarters. Several dozen midnight blue colored stars fell from the sky as golden lightning attempted to repel them, causing massive explosions.

However, when the various Captains laid their eyes upon these stars, shock filled them to their cores.

"Rin!" Charlotte shouted in worry, realizing who's magic it was. However, why would Rin use such a large scale destructive spell when she knew there were still civilians below?

However, before she could act, a sudden strike of golden lightning lit up the sky in a golden shade, the stars ceasing to exist as they faded away.

"What...what is going on?!" Charlotte yelled in worry, beginning to sprint towards the Magic Knights Headquarters, ignoring the cries of her subordinates behind her.

Some time ago...

Astral stars, white flames, red energy and magenta colored lightning all clashed against Yeon's golden lightning. However, it seemed as if both sides were at a stalemate.

"Is this all you fakes can do? I suppose you are all talk." Yeon sneered as he saw his own magic seemingly effortlessly counter the flames, energy and lightning. However, he did have some trouble with the astral magic.

"Oh? You're one to talk." Rin shot back as she waved her hand, two streams of astral magic shooting down at Yeon from both of his sides, however, they just crashed into the barrier created by the Last Prism.

"What gives? Everything we throw at him either gets broken or just dispelled!" Jayden asked, confused as to how his opponent was constantly effortlessly destroying all of their combined attacks.

"If I had to say, it has something to do with that Prism he has, but I can't seem to get anywhere close to it." Ryan clicked his tongue in annoyance as he swung his sword, sending an arc of white flames towards Yeon, however, it only harmlessly dissipated when it came into contact with the translucent shield around him.

"Agreed. However, the problem is that the Prism is INSIDE the shield." Ame pointed out as she shot a stream of lightning Magic towards Yeon, however, it only got pierced through by his own golden lightning.

"And it certainly doesn't help that he can break through our magics like it's nothing..." Ame grimaced when she saw her own lightning be overwhelmed by Yeon's golden lightning.

"Still, he's not infallible. There has to be some sort of weakness to that magic item, a drawback somewhere..." Rin reasoned as she waved her hands expertly, guiding multiple astral blasts around Yeon, breaking through his lightning magic.

"Right!" Hearing the reassurance, the three Midnight Jaguar mages regained their fighting spirits, beginning to throw constant spells at Yeon.

"[Holy Flame Magic: Absolute Blaze Strike!]"

"[Lightning Magic: Endless Torrent!]"

"[Soul Magic: Spirit Crush!]"

"[Astral Magic: Starfall Luna.]"

Simultaneously, all the members of the Midnight Jaguars launched their own attacks. However, Yeon made no action of movement despite the incoming waves, arc of flames, grayish-beam and massive crescent star falling from above.

Jayden and Ryan had already learned the hard way that attacking at close range with that shield wasn't going to help them, so they'd wisely chosen to send ranged attacks.

However, like before, despite being assaulted from all sides by various spells, the Last Prism simply absorbed the attacks, the translucent light making the shield intensifying.

"Tch..." Ryan clicked his tongue in annoyance as he saw the attacks get nullified and absorbed.

"Is that all? Well then, my turn." Yeon raised his hand, hundreds of lightning bolts materializing around him as he swiped his hand forward, dozens of bolts turning into after images as they sped towards the group.

"There's no longer-!!" A new voice spoke up as Melody came around the corner, a worried look immediately forming on her face as she saw the Midnight Jaguar mages get assaulted.

"Don't come any closer!" Rin yelled at Melody, seeing the girl arrive from having evacuated all the surrounding civilians.

Nodding, Melody stood back slightly, though she did send a soundwave towards them, dispelling some of the bolts headed for them.

"Oh? Another pest joins the fray?" Yeon chuckled slightly as he looked at Melody through his mask, making the girl step back slightly.

"You don't need to be here. Disappear, you fake!" Yeon roared towards Melody, sending dozens of lightning blasts towards her.

"Shit! I can't get to her in time!" Seeing that the lightning bolts had already passed by him in an instant, Ryan cursed to himself as he was left to helplessly watch the bolts of lightning approach Melody.

And yet, despite the intense speed, Melody managed to create a slight soundwave, redirecting some of the lightning bolts, however, her eyes widened as she saw that there were still more coming towards her.

"I-I can't defend ag-against those..." Melody thought, her blackish-red eyes widening slightly.

And then, everyone was forced to watch, helpless, as the lethal bolts of lightning came ever closer to Melody.

"So-someone...please..." Silently, Melody prayed as she summoned a light layer of sound magic around herself, though she knew it wouldn't be enough to stop the bolts of lightning fully.

"I don't think so!" A voice suddenly yelled out as a flash of red lightning appeared in front of Melody, an entire realm of blueish stars appearing around her and the newcomer, effectively dispelling the incoming bolts.

"Oh?" Seeing that his attack had failed, Yeon looked in curiosity, only for his eyes to darken in anger once he saw who it was.

"You've come back for more, you fake?" Yeon angrily taunted as he saw (Y/N) stand before Melody, his hands gripping Phantasm as he faced towards the golden robed man.

"I don't know why you keep calling us fakes...but if you dare to harm those I care about...I'll tear you to pieces myself!" Blackish-red lightning arced around (Y/N), staring off against Yeon viciously.

"Thank god..." Rin released a sigh she didn't even know she was holding, the Magic Knight Captain glad that someone managed to save Melody in time.

"Oi, (Y/N), he's our opponent!" Ryan barked at (Y/N), a tick mark on his head.

"Pft, he was, and I found him first anyway!" (Y/N) yelled back at Ryan, a similar tick mark on his head.

"It doesn't matter how many of you come at me. I'll take you all on." Yeon laughed as he summoned more lightning than ever before, countless bolts of lightning floating in the sky as the mages underneath stopped their bickering.

"That so?" (Y/N) smirked as he glanced slightly at Melody behind him.

"Can you fight?" (Y/N) asked as Melody nodded slightly.

"Yeah, I'm still able to fight!" Melody reassured as she walked up next to (Y/N), making the boy nod.

"This isn't the time to bicker, now that you're here, help us bring down this invader." Rin equalized the situation, causing the five mages to nod. Such was the authority and respect commanded by a Magic Knight Captain.

"I'll show you fakes your places...ALL OF YOU!" Yeon roared as he began barraging the group with lightning bolts.

"BRING IT!" (Y/N) roared back as he, Ryan and Jayden brandished their weapons and jumped towards Yeon, an impressive physical display as Rin, Ame and Melody, the ranged mages of the group, stayed behind and cast their own spells.

And in short order, a clash of golden lightning and various Magic's impacted in mid air as the screen fades to black...

The Magic Knights against the strange Mage...who will win?

————————————————————

This took too fucking long to write, or rather, I got annoyingly lazy for like a week, so yeah. Anyway, next chapter we'll finish up the fight and get onto the second part of the invasion arc, so get ready for that.
Anywho, till next time!

Current Harem: (Feelings towards (Y/N))
Alice (Crush)
Noelle (Crush)
Mimosa (Crush)
Vanessa (Amused)
Alisia (Unknown)
Rebecca (Unknown)
Dorothy (Unknown)
Mariella (Unknown)
Mereleona (Unknown)
Fana (Elf) (Unknown)
Kahono (Unknown)
Ame (Interested)
Lana (Interested)
Sol (Respected)
Nero (Maybe??)
Rin (Respected)
Sylvie (Unknown)
Melody (Thankful)

~ Chaoz has logged out. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 2.3K 66
(Warning 18+) Luna has now come to understand the many dark paths that were set for her. All three brothers have grown to taint the purity of her sou...
204K 8.1K 48
(Male Yandere Demons x Female Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ____...
58.1K 2.3K 54
He doesn't know how he got here. You don't even know who he is. He kept telling you about the world of the demons and how he must return to his famil...
1.3K 43 17
Imagine a world where mythological creatures exist. From the beings living in the heavens, the supernatural creatures on Earth, to the horrifying dem...