Wolverton Falls

By categorycool

This is no ordinary fairytale. Moving to a new town for a fresh start, reunited with her brother, was suppos... More

Welcome to Wolverton Falls
00. A Glimpse of the Future
01. A Place To Call Home
02. An Unsettling First Night
03. Absence of the Townspeople
04. A Fear of Wolves
05. Words of an Unfriendly Nature
06. Her World Becomes Flames
08. And so the Wildfire Rose
09. His True Nature Unveiled
10. A Sign of Hope
11. Close Call from Death
12. Back into the Forest
13. So the Truth is Revealed
14. The Reality of the Situation
15. Adjusting to New Discoveries
16. Connecting with Another
17. Adding to the Mystery
18. Revisiting Her Burned Memories
19. A Confused Conscience
20. Implementing Cover Stories
21. Honesty in a Motel
22. His Way of Healing
23. Unable to Forget
24. A Dangerous Argument
25. She Will Soon Know
26. Two Pasts Intertwined
27. Found Within the Woods

07. Only Scratching the Surface

10K 523 28
By categorycool

MAGGIE BEGAN TO wake up.

As she did, recent memories came in like gates opening a catastrophic flash flood. One word, a name, seemed to crash through the whirlwind of flickering images.

Max.

Maggie was slowly becoming aware of her senses. She became aware of the hard, cold floorboards that lay underneath her. The chill air escaping through the gaps of wood, lingering musky odours and low confusing murmurs resounding through the area she was in.

Her cold fingers twitched, and her numb legs curled as Maggie slowly, achingly, pushed her upper body up off the hard ground. Maggie's slim arms shook and quivered as laboured breaths heaved their way out of her chest.

The noises got louder. She peeled her brown eyes open; frightened and unaware of her whereabouts.

Something – a door – suddenly swung open and hit the wall with force. Maggie flinched at the noise, her heart pumping with fright.

Fluorescent light flooded in, dissipating all the darkness in a mere second. Her eyes automatically closed from the brightness in the room. Slowly, her eyes reopened and like a camera zooming and focusing on its' lens, her vision cleared.

Standing near the door was a recognisable figure. Even with shadows casting over his face, Maggie could manage to see the wicked grin plastered on his face.

"Finally, you're awake," His enthusiasm was sardonic; amused. "I was beginning to get worried. You've been asleep for almost eighteen hours."

She glared at this man. Maggie wanted to curse him for what he had done. He dragged her away from her brother, who she needed to save from the onslaught of flames. Because she had lost her last family member.

"Fuck you," She spat, but her horse throat made her words falter – appear weak.

He grinned maliciously, his eyes deadly. "I wasn't expecting that. I thought you'd at least come out with the classic 'what do you want?' or 'why am I here?' questions," He drawled on. "Perhaps cry a little," He laughed darkly. "That will come later, I suppose."

Maggie shuddered violently, realising she has now encountered a serial kidnapper – and the murderer of her brother.

Emmett took an abrupt step toward her, his arm shot out to grip her upper arm and hauled her up to her feet. Her tired legs trembled from being still for so long, her body clashed against his warm one. She attempted to shove Emmett away, but his bruising grip only haltered her frantic efforts.

He hauled her out of the room and into a dim hallway. The walls were made from logs of dark wood and black kerosene lamps were scattered across the perimeter of the floors. It was void of any other life, but she now realised she was in a cabin.

Several closed doors flashed by her until they reached the end of the hallway. A heavy metal door stared right back at her and she felt her blood run as cold as ice.

Not stalling for another second, Emmett continued to pull her through the door, pushing it open. The brute manoeuvred her roughly down the steps, grunting as he slammed the door behind him. With a hard shove to her back, Maggie let out a cry as she tumbled down the stairs and hit the ground. Her body slid across the cold cement and smacked against the other side of the room; her head collided against the wall behind her.

Maggie groaned in agony and gingerly held her hand up to the wound. She could feel the warm, sticky blood coat her fingertips.

Shaking and with tears stinging in her eyes, Maggie peered up at Emmett. He stood there with a smug expression, hands wound behind his back and hair fallen over those cruel eyes she loathed so much.

He flashed a grin, "I apologise, Maggie. I didn't mean to throw you that hard,"

His words were all but insincere.

Maggie tore her eyes away from him and stared at her surroundings. There was nothing in the square room except for a large wooden post in the centre of the space; thick rope lied at the base. A few feet away, a single bulb hung from the ceiling by its fraying electrical wires. It looked like a scene out of a horror movie.

Cold shivers ran down her spine, potent fear instilling her as she dreaded what would happen to her in these next moments.

Emmett's eyes flashed darkly, "Freaked out yet?"

She turned around slowly, cringing at the throbbing pain in her neck, and let out a very shaky breath, "I-Immensely."

His malicious grin never faltered once, "That pleases me,"

Emmett was suddenly by her side in unfathomable speed. A breath of air whooshed Maggie, locks of hair settled around her face. He lifted her in one effortless movement as if she weighed nothing to him.

Maggie gasped audibly, barely able to comprehend the man's inhuman speed and strength.

Her eyes flickered to the spot he had been only a second ago. They widened when she stared back into Emmett's terrifying, green eyes. She was intensely overwhelmed with confusion.

Emmett dragged her forcefully across the room until her back connected to the wooden post. The bleeding gash on her head smacked hard against the pole, provoking a groan to leave her lips. Her eyes squeezed shut for a moment before words came tumbling out her mouth.

"W-What are you –" Emmett cut her off her, placing a finger against her lips silencing her stuttered words.

He silenced her further with a low snarl. His face leaned in closer until he was mere inches from her. His eyes were an intense, emerald gaze. "I want you to be quiet," He hissed, "I don't trust everyone here, so not a sound from you, yes?"

She sealed her mouth shut, too afraid in the moment to voice or question his cryptic words.

Emmett removed his finger and smiled in triumph. He was pleased with her submissiveness and silence. He revelled in it.

Maggie's chest moved up and down heavily, her breath hitched when Emmett's gaze lowered. His teeth peaked through his smirking lips and pressed his body flush against her trembling figure.

She could not believe she was in this insane situation. All she wanted was to leave Wolverton falls. The people and her house now remanent of embers and ash. Most of all, she wanted her brother back.

Her body felt exhausted like the bones had desiccated completely. She felt utterly helpless. The loss of her brother was becoming too much.

And this man in front of her, breathing down her neck and pressing himself against her, had ripped her of her right to mourn Max. She was in the clasp of an abnormal man who reeked of madness.

Keeping his body agonisingly close to hers, Emmett began to lower himself. His slanted nose brushed against her tensed stomach. Maggie's entire form stilled. She felt incapable of moving, like bars of iron had been bolted across the tops of her feet – entrapping her.

Emmett inched down further, his hot breath fanned against her and large hands splayed around her waist. Fingers gripped tightly and dug through her flimsy shirt.

"Stop," Maggie pleaded, tears fell down her face as a sob escaped her lips. Emmett chuckled quietly under his breath. His hands moved under her shirt until she tensed at the pads of his fingers stroked her bare skin. Goosebumps began to crawl.

His hands froze, then snatched her thigh, the pants tugging down a few inches. His nails dug in harshly, almost tearing the fabric. Maggie cried out softly at the bruising strength of him.

"Quiet, Maggie, remember?" He hushed her cries with a snarl.

She felt him move lower. Her teary eyes shot down, following his hand stroking her leg until he grasped the pile of rope at her feet. His grin widened as his long fingers curled tauntingly around the rope.

Realising he was going to bind her, she thrashed around violently.

Emmett shot up from his crouched position and held her down with unnatural strength. Her struggles died down; fatigue and exhaustion fell over her like an insufferable blanket.

Silently, Emmett tied the rope across her abdomen tightly and knotted it around the sturdy post. He grabbed her arms, hauled them both up over her head, and bound her small wrists.

Emmett took a step back, admiring his work as he mumbled incoherent words falling deaf on her ears. She weakly yanked at the constraints, but her efforts were in vain.

"W-What's the point of this?" She cried out exhaustively. "Why do have me here?"

Emmett's smirk grew, eyes glinted with dark humour, "Now those are the questions I expected,"

"But!" He raised a forefinger up and waggled it teasingly near her face, "I must just find it more amusing to leave you to figure the mysteries." She frowned, leaning away from him but this just made him smile further.

"Now, I'm going to come back later and then we're going to have some fun," Leaning in, he moved to press his lips against hers. She recoiled back at the last second, his lips meeting the side of her mouth – inches away. Disgusted, she sneered at him with her might and brought her knee up to his crotch.

It horrified Maggie when he didn't even react. As she retreated her leg, Emmett's lips left her face and fiery eyes stayed transfixed on hers.

Something inside him suddenly snapped. His face contorted into livid anger, a hand shot out to grasp her jaw. His strong grip caused her to groan and immediately regret her actions.

"You should be fucking glad how lenient I'm being with you. Show some respect," He ripped his hand from her and with frustration, ran his hands through his mess of dark hair. Emmett began muttering words under his breath again.

Her jaw ached and throbbed, causing her to roll her head back as she moaned. Maggie bought her bottom lip under her teeth and bit it down hard to distract herself from Emmett's intimidating presence and the ache from her head wound where blood trickled down her neck. Locks of her matted brown hair were dampened by the red substance.

Heaving in a deep breath, Emmett spun around to face his captive.

A cruel grin returned, "I apologise Maggie – just next time, don't aggravate me, or I'll do a lot worse," With that, he left. Slamming the metal door shut, leaving specks of dust to fall from the ceiling and Maggie alone in the darkness.

Vulnerable to her own thoughts and what lurked outside that door. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

STATUS: EDITED

MUSIC: Hanging On (I SEE MONSTAS Remix) Divergent Soundtrack by Ellie Goulding

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47K 31
Book 4 of The Alpha Series! Cannot be read as a standalone book! Highest rank: #1 in Werewolf genre on 06/11/2019! Amelia Reid and Ivan Romanov were...
261K 14.1K 59
18+ SPIN-OFF to The Eternal Curse Everett has been waiting for his mate longer than most. He's fantasised about his future Luna joining him in his ad...
5.3K 435 16
The world is ruled by werewolves. It has been for decades. Technology is advanced all over the world and werewolves have managed to make every conti...
19.6K 877 25
Willow Ashen is a white wolf and never thought it was possible for her to get a mate as no one would be able to match her power... or so she thought...