Adopted || 1D (EDITING)

By SmileForNiallx

((guys this is terrible and in the process of being severely edited so it probably won't make a lot of sense... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 23

6.9K 103 14
By SmileForNiallx

"He won't answer his phone," Harry explains, his iPhone pressed to his ear as he tried to reach Louis. 

"Why didn't you guys tell us while we were out?" I ask, running a hand nervously through my still wet hair. 

"Your phones were off," Liam tells me. 

"Maybe the reporters spotted him somewhere. I'll check online," Zayn says, grabbing his laptop. I take deep breaths and Niall looks at me worriedly. 

"We'll find him. I promise," he tells me. 

"I really hope you're right." 

"Um, guys..." Zayn says. "I think I found out where he is." 

We all crowd around Zayn's computer to see what he was looking at. It was Louis, clearly drunk, at a bar. 

"How is he planning to get home?!" I freak out. "He had to have driven there! If he drives home he'll...he'll..... oh my gosh.... we have to go find Louis. Like NOW!" 

Niall stands in front of me and puts his hands on my shoulders. "It's going to be okay. We'll go get him and bring him home. You stay here." 

"I'm coming." 

"Leah, really, it would be easier if-" 

"Niall, he's my brother. I'm coming with you. I need to make sure he's okay." I cross my arms stubbornly. Niall sighs. 

"Okay," he says in a defeated tone. 

"Let's go! We don't have all day!" I yell, quickly walking to the car. Niall follows. The other boys talk quickly for a moment before Harry runs to catch up. We jump in the car with Harry in the back, me in the passenger seat, and Niall driving. "Zayn and Liam?" 

"Not coming," Harry informs me. "In case he gets here before we reach him." I nod. Harry probably wanted to come because he's closest to Louis of all the boys. I didn't care who came as long as I was there to be sure my brother was alright. 

Why would he get drunk and not tell anyone where he is? Something must be wrong. He's smarter than that. Whatever it is, it's making me extremely worried. 

When we reach the bar I spot Louis, trying to unlock his car. My eyes widen and I jump out before the car's even stopped. I hear Niall and Harry both yelling after me not to get out yet, but I didn't listen. I wedged myself between the driver’s door and Louis. 

"Hey!" he says, his voice obviously slurred. "That's my car, not yours." 

"Louis, you're drunk." 

"Pshh no I'm not. You're drunk." 

"Come on Lou," I say. "Niall and Harry are here. We need to go home." 

"Hazza bear!" he says, looking around happily for Harry. Soon enough him and Niall run over to us. 

"Leah what the hell?" Niall says. I turn my attention back to Louis. He was now enveloping Harry in a bear hug. I tried not to giggle at Harry's slightly creeped out face. 

"Come on Louis. Let's go home." 

"No," he says shaking his head. "I'm not going home until Eleanor loves me again." He crosses his arms.

Eleanor Calder. His girlfriend. I haven't gotten to meet her yet because she's busy with modeling and all that, but Louis goes to visit her sometimes when she's free. He talks about her sometimes, saying how beautiful she is and how much he loves her. 

I haven't met Zayn's girlfriend, Perrie, or Liam's girlfriend, Danielle, yet either. Danielle is on a dance tour I believe and Perrie is also on tour with her band Little Mix. They run busy lives so the boys don't get to see them much, but apparently Eleanor couldn't handle it. I guess they broke up. 

"Louis how about you get in the car and you can tell us about what happened on the ride home." 

"No."

I look to Niall and Harry for help. 

"What if we take you to Eleanor's house?" Niall asks. Louis frowns. 

"No."

I sigh. 

"Lou, El just texted me saying she wants to see you. We should take you there!" Harry says enthusiastically. Louis smiles. 

"Okay." He wobbles his way over to the car and gets in the back, laying down so he took up three seats. The boys and I all look at each other. 

"Someone should take his car back," Niall says, picking up the keys from the ground that Louis dropped. I put my hands up in surrender. 

"I'm from America. The left side of the road scares me," I claim. Niall and Harry look at each other and laugh. It quickly dissolves away, though given the tension between them and the serious situation we’re currently in.

"I just wanna make sure Lou gets home alright," Harry says. Niall looked between us, unsure of the situation. Harry rolls his eyes. "Glad to feel trusted mate," he says to Niall who was giving him a suspicious look. 

"Niall..." I say. "It will be fine." I walk over and peck his lips. "I'll see you later," I say, holding his hand. He nods and glances at Harry one more time. "Great." I walk over to Niall's car, letting go of his hand. 

Harry jumps into the driver’s side. The car was still running when we got in. We pull out of the bar parking lot with Niall in Louis' car behind us. Louis was in the back seat being pretty quiet. I figured it made more sense to ask him about what happened when we wasn't drunk. It could wait until morning. 

"How...how come Eleanor doesn't love me?" Louis asks suddenly. "What's wrong with me?" I glance at Harry, not sure what to do. "I wish I was like you Leah," he says, his words still as slurred as ever. "I mean you have not one, but two people who love you."

Stop talking Louis. Stop talking.

"You got Niall," he says, holding up his pointer finger. "And you got Hazza here," he adds, slapping a hand on Harry's shoulder and holding up a second finger.

Dear God, Louis for the sake of awkwardness stop talking

Harry's eyes stayed fixed on the road. He kept a straight face, showing no emotion. "If only Harry had the balls to tell you!" Louis calls out, laughing like crazy.

And let the awkwardness settle. Way to go Louis. Gold star for you. 

He eventually fell asleep in the back seat. The car was awkwardly quiet between me and Harry. I reached for the stereo and turned up the music. An Olly Murs song was playing, filling the silence but not erasing the awkwardness. He didn't say anything the entire car ride. Neither did I. 

When we finally reached the driveway I jumped out, happy to escape the painful silence of that car ride. Louis stumbles his way to the front door and crashes on the couch. Harry and I look at each other and then look to Louis. 

"Just leave him. He'll figure it out in the morning," Harry says, walking past me and up the stairs. Niall comes through the door moments later. I smile at him. He looked worried. 

"Where's Harry?" he asks before even saying hello. 

"Upstairs." He looks at me as if to say 'anything happen?' I roll my eyes and kiss him. "Nothing happened." He let out a sigh of relief. "I love you. You know that right?" 

"I know," he says nodding. "And I love you too. Which is why I want you to be mine and only mine." He smirks and pulls me closer by the waist. 

"Good. Cause you're stuck with me." I giggled and kissed his lips, my hands around the back of his neck. When I pulled away he kissed me again, longer this time. "Niall," I mumble between kisses. 

"Hmm?" 

I pull away and smile up at him. "It's late." 

"I know." He leans in for another kiss. I giggle and pull away. 

"Goodnight Niall," I call, walking up the steps and grinning at him. When I reach my door Niall runs up and sticks his foot in before I could close it. I laugh. "What now?" He opens it further. 

"I never got my goodnight kiss," he says, grinning and poking his head in for another kiss. I giggle. 

"You got like thirty goodnight kisses." 

"Can't I have another?" He gives me the puppy dog face. I smile and roll my eyes, pecking his lips. 

"Now get out you freak," I say, smiling. He smiles wide at me. 

"Thank you babe." He shuts the door behind him and I shake my head as I reach my bed. I think of Niall and remember what Louis was saying in the car today. I couldn't help but wonder if it was true....

Did Harry really love me too?

AUTHORS NOTE
ah shit :/ so i know in the previous chapters i made harry out to be a douche XD but now i kinda feel bad for him lol what do you guys think?? C: vote and comment please!! o and sorry for not mentioning eleanor, perrie, and danielle until now XD i forgot about them actually lol but then i was like hmm where did louis go? O_o and i was like PERFECT! XD so yeah hahaha love you poptarts<33  oh and if you have time then could you maybe check out my new story Crazier if you havent already? :) Its a harry fanfic i started like yesterday lol im still continuing this one so dont worry(: but yea that would be awesome if you could check it out! thanks! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5K 32
Zoe Malik has now reached the age of fifteen. She will face happiness, but sadness. She's growing up and no matter what her brothers say she will adv...
79K 1.7K 52
*One Direction is not Famous in this Story* Olivia is 14 well almost 15 and she gets adopted by Perrie and Zayn. Perrie is in Little Mix, she goes o...
681K 7K 65
I was just another regular Asian girl. Except I lived in a adoption center. I lived here for the past 11 years of my life. My name is Annabelle Li an...
554K 10.6K 45
Ali is a loving three year old. She loves to color and play dress up. One day when her parents leave her at a restaurant all alone and the boys from...