Chapter 10

"Why are you so freaked out?" 

"I'm having a wardrobe crisis! This top matches nothing!" Carly sighs and rolls her eyes.

 She called me over Skype this morning. I told her about everything that happened with Harry. She said that if we both agreed to forget about it then I should just wait and see what happens. Now I'm trying to get ready for my day at the zoo with Niall and I'm having more trouble than I was the day before preparing for my day with Harry. 

"What happened to that black skirt you 'borrowed' from me?" she asks

"Too dressy. It's just the zoo."

"Then why is your outfit such a big deal?!"

I roll my eyes. 

"It just...is. Do you think this matches?" I ask, holding up a simple yellow sundress and a three-quarter-sleeve black jacket. 

"You look like a bumble bee." I groan and throw it onto my bed with the rest of rejected outfits. She gives me a look through the camera. "Is there a reason that you're so...spazzy...today?"

"I'm not spazzy."

"Leah, trust me. You get spazzy when you're nervous. And today you are definitely spazzy. Why are you so nervous?" I bite my lip.

"I'm not nervous."

"You're a bad liar. Tell me." I don't answer. She rolls her eyes. "If you love Niall so much you can say it! I'm your best friend, Leah."

My cheeks turn red. 

"I don't love Niall...not in that way."

"Then in what way do you love him?" she asks, wiggling her eyebrows. I roll my eyes. 

"In the friend way," I say, rummaging through my closet. 

"Oh. So when we go to the mall together do you spend this much time picking out your outfit?" She smirks at me. I glare back. 

"No."

"Oh then I guess Niall's just a...special friend, right?" I stick my tongue out at her. She laughs. 

"I don't like Niall in that weird way, okay? He's my friend."

"Right. Well anyway I think that pair of pink shorts with the black and white tank top was cute."

"What black and white tank top?"

"The one that has the white bow in the center on it." I dig through the pile and pull it out.