Chapter 9

I stare into my closet, clueless about what to wear. It's only bowling with Harry. Why am I so confused?

I take out a black sweat jacket with a blue shirt underneath and denim shorts. I decide to put it back and find a purple t-shirt with black shorts. Nah. I finally decide on a cute pink strapless top and a pair of white shorts.

 I am so overthinking this. I throw it on and head downstairs.

"Ready?" Harry asks with a smile. I smile back and nod. He opens my car door for me. Okay...

We drive to the bowling place and it's pretty quiet in the car. I thought it was a bit awkward. It was like a forced date. I knew he liked me. Louis wouldn't stop telling me. And now we're going bowling. Friends can go bowling. This isn't a date. I definitely don't want it to be a date. I just hope Harry doesn't turn it into one.

We get our ugly bowling shoes and pick out a ball for each of us to use. Harry picks up a pink one and we walk to the bowling lane. I chuckle.

"Pink suits you."

He smiles cheekily.

"Thank you. I've been told before." I laugh even though it was a stupid joke. Harry goes first and bowls a perfect strike. I stare at him while he smirks at me.

"How did you do that?"

"It's easy," he says, shrugging. "Here, I'll show you." I hold the ball in my hands. Harry puts his hands over mine. "Okay, so what you have to do is look at the little lines on the ground. Now swing back, aim, and...there you go," he says, coaching me through it and showing me his strategy. He lets go as the ball rolls straight down the middle of the lane. It slams against the pins, knocking every single one of them down. I stare at the fallen pins with my mouth hung open.

"Wow," I breathe out. "That really worked." He smiles at me. We keep bowling for the rest of the day. I beat Harry in the first game.

"Beginners luck," he mumbles.

"Aww, is Harry a sore loser?"

He shakes his head no.

"I just think that you won because of my strategy," he says with a wink. I roll my eyes and smile.

"Whatever you think, Styles." We play a few more games. I won 4 out of the 5 that we played. The last one Harry won because every time I went to bowl he would try to distract me so it threw me off.

"I'm hungry," I complain around dinner time. We get a pizza from the food bar the bowling place had and sit down at an empty table. We spent all day bowling. At first Harry kept putting his arms around me to help me bowl. It felt kind of...weird. I didn't really mind it though. But it was hard to explain the feeling.

As we drive home I think over the day Harry and I had. We definitely got a lot closer but I still wasn't as close to Harry as I was to the other guys. I guess I'm a bit afraid to become close to Harry. I don't want to fall for him and if I get too friendly then I'm sure that's what will happen. He's a charmer. Everyone falls for him. If he ends up breaking my heart then Louis will murder him. I can't let any of that happen.