If You Say So

By datswagtho_biebs

"Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down." *~*... More

Ch. 1 Daily Routines
Ch. 2 Dream It
Ch. 3 It's Not Your Fault
Ch. 4 Birthday Celebration
Ch. 5 A Sweet Gentleman
Ch. 6 Just A Boy At School
Ch. 7 Why you gotta be so rude?
Ch. 8 Gym Class Trouble
Ch. 9 Detention
Who says
Ch. 10 Am I That Amazing?
Ch. 11 Eavesdropping
#BringBackOurGirls
Ch. 12 Silent Night
Ch. 13 Shocking Secrets
Ch. 14 Unexpected
SOS - #EMABiggestFansJustinBieber
Ch. 16 Uncertainty
Not an update - read!
Ch. 17 Bubbles' Dilemma
#BlackAndBlue or WhiteAndGold

Ch. 15 Princesses Shall Never Cry

55 3 6
By datswagtho_biebs

Songs for this chapter: Fall by Justin Bieber

* * *

"Surprise!"

Holding a hand to my chest, I gasped loudly as a reflex, my eyes landing on the huge amount of people in disguises smiley foolishly in front of me as they clapped happily.

Breathing heavily, I frowned towards them all. "What is going on?" I spoke shakily, walking forwards slowly.
My mom approached me quickly, smiling with notorious glee.

"Surprise honey!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands out.

Just then, realization hit me.

That was a birthday party.

My seventeenth birthday-disguise party, to be exact. The one she had canceled and now for some reason thrown anyway.

"Oh God," I muttered, hugging her tightly. "Is this a party?"

"Yes!" she shouted over the music that was now playing. "Your party! Listen," she said, setting her hand on my shoulder, "I know it was kinda mean for me to cancel such a special party honey, and so I talked to your aunt, to your uncle, and we decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to re-arrange it all for you today! After all, the invitations were already printed, and most part of your classmates had already gotten disguises," she stated, jabbing a finger over her shoulder.

Looking towards the pointed direction, a big smile made its way to my face as I spotted - between many others - Katie and Britney, waving excitedly towards me.

"Thank you so much mom," I breathed out, hugging her one last time.

"No problem Millie," she giggled, pulling away. "Like my outfit?" she wondered out loud, motioning towards her fairy disguise.

I laughed loudly, nodding.

"Gorgeous," I sang, high-fiving her shortly before she walked away.

After greeting and thanking everybody for coming, I found myself laughing at something a bunch of friends had just said, sipping from a pink-ish drink I got from the bar service my mom had hired for the night. Just a couple minutes had gone by, but I was already having an amazing time, and for what I saw, everybody else was, too.

"So what are you dressing up as?" Cassidy asked curiously.

I shrugged, motioning at myself. "This I guess. I didn't know this was going to happen so I don't have anything to wear," I explained.

"But I bet you can find something up in your room! I mean, mix a couple clothes and put some extra makeup on and boom! You're a clown," Molly laughed, making me chuckle back.

"Yeah I guess," I nodded, leaving my drink up on the nearest table. "I'll see you in a second, gonna go look for something up there now," I announced, barely before walking away.

Once I had reached the stairs, I ran upstairs and sneaked into my walk-in closet instead of my room, knowing that that'd make it way faster and simpler.

But as I went through my drawers and hangers, I sadly could find nothing. Yes, there were lots of colorful and fun shirts and pants, but none made the cut to a clown disguise.

Why would I wear clown clothes after all? I wouldn't buy that kind of stuff.

Sighing, I looked at my cell phone's screen and twisted my lips to the side, seeing it had now been fifteen minutes since I had gotten up there yet still I didn't have anything.

Although clothes were never a major problem to me, not having a good costume on my seventeenth birthday party was indeed a big deal. I am not the type of girl who can't live life without a daily on-point outfit, but this was for sure making me upset at the moment.

Finally giving in, I walked out and slammed the door closed, resting against the door in disappointment.
If only I had known the party would be happening...

Walking slowly forwards, I looked up towards my room, eyeing around quickly to move straight towards the door, but something laying on my bed caught my attention immediately, as I slowed my pace and turned towards it, my jaw dropping to the floor.

On my bed laid the most gorgeous dress I had ever seen. But it wasn't just any dress; an old-century, elegant fashion was heavily present on it, which is why I assumed it was a Juliet themed disguise. Its bottom half was puffy, but just as sophisticated as its upper half, never too over the top. Orange, yellow and beige tones were just some of the shades on the dress, and small golden studs adorned the both pieces.

Beside the dress was a pair of dim gold heels, and above them was a beautiful bouquet of red roses.

As I walked towards it slowly - mesmerized by the disguise's blinding beauty - I noticed a small note hanging from one of the flowers, and I proceeded to take it and read it.

'To the prettiest girl of the party.
Happy birthday. Enjoy.'

"Oh God mom," I muttered.

Feeling tears brim at my eyes, I grabbed the dress and placed it over me, admiring how it'd eventually look in the full-body mirror at the wall.

It was flawless. Too beautiful to be true.

Running into the bathroom happily, I locked the door behind me before changing into the costume. Shortly after putting it on, I slid my feet into the heels, gaining just a couple inches, and then instantly taking my makeup bag out of the first drawer, mentally debating with myself over finding the perfect makeup for the occasion, making sure it wouldn't overshadow the dress - although that was most likely impossible.

Applying a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara, I watched as my eyes reflected the joy I was currently feeling, smiling at the mirror as I slid some caramel-toned lipstick on my lips.

Very satisfied with the results, I looked at my reflection one last time before leaving the bathroom, running carefully towards the bed and dropping my clothes there.

But as I looked in that direction, I spotted something I guess I hadn't noticed thanks to my excitement.

It was a bag. A red bow was tied around it delicately, and another small note hung from the front side.
I grasped it in my hands and read it animatedly, slowly freezing in my place as the lines went on.

'To my little princess.
Today must be a very special day, that's why you're getting this now. Maybe not too special, maybe not even special at all, but it doesn't have to be, considering that inside this box you'll find what I know will mean a lot to you no matter who gives it to you, when, why or where. I'm sure you've grown to be an amazing girl, and that's why I know you deserve this and more. I love you, princess. I hope you enjoy.
-Dad'

Tears were now falling down my eyes, and not bothering to stop them, I looked inside the bag and found a small, white box, taking it between my fingers and opening it warily.

A silver, shiny star was in it, hanging from a plain silver chain. But the star said something, too, and narrowing my eyes to clear my vision, I read.

'Second star to the right and straight on till morning.'

Holding a hand to my mouth, I screwed my eyes closed in pain, plopping down on the bed, crying.

Sometimes I couldn't hold in my tears. Sometimes missing my dad turned not only sad but painful - many times, for that matter. But this time, it was different.

Things as meaningful as this are not to be painful, and the ache on my chest, I knew, was caused by how amazing and beyond precious this treasure my dad had just given me was.

"I don't like seeing princesses cry," a voice spoke from the door.

I turned slowly towards it, and Justin's worried expression met my teary one, as he approached me slowly and sat down beside me.

"I'm okay," I mumbled shakily.

"Oh yeah, I can tell," he scoffed, rolling his eyes. I chuckled faintly, burying my face back into my hands in a matter of seconds.

Wrapping his arm around me protectively, he bent down closer, his voice a low whisper.

"What's wrong Camille?"

It took me quite a long time to reply, in which surprisingly he just rubbed my back comfortingly, waiting for me to speak up. I cried silently, yet those were tremendously heart-felt tears right there.

The weird thing is though, I hated being so emotional, I never liked crying in front of others but for some unknown reason, it was different now. With Justin.

Sobbing in his arms, it felt okay to cry.

For once I felt like it was okay to be weak, to miss deeply, to be broken over something that I obviously haven't been strong enough to get fully over.

"It isn't bad, actually..." I answered quietly, looking up slowly, then back down my right hand holding the necklace. "It's just a present from my dad."

"Oh, he's down there?" Justin asked, shortly looking back at the door.

I shook my head. "No. No he's not here."

"Oh... And where is he?" he wondered out loud, sounding genuinely confused.
I sighed, closing my eyes softly.

"He left me. Us," I clarified, then looking sideways at him and his shocked expression.

He stared at me warmly for a few seconds, probably unsure of what to say.

"I'm sorry," he breathed out softly. "I didn't know it was like a... uh... a soft topic or- Well..." he stuttered. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I looked back down and nodded slowly, sighing again.

"That would possibly make me feel better," I whispered surely.

"Okay, well... what happened with him?"

I took another deep breath.

"He always said he would never leave me, you know?... He promised he would stick with me and love me forever, yet he didn't. He lied."

Justin remained silent, just listening.

"He lied to me and I don't know why, but today he sent me this," I said, handing him the star and watching him as he read the quote on it. "That's what he used to tell me every night before going to sleep. He said that that's were all magical and beautiful things are waiting, and that if I ever felt lonely, I could look in that direction and find whatever I needed. That was out phrase," I whispered bitterly. "But he left. He left my mom and I."

Justin seemed taken aback by the story, yet he did a good job hiding it for my sake.

"Where'd he go?" he questioned softly.
I was silent. I didn't know if telling him would make me feel any better or just crash me and make me break down again, which of course I did not want.

"He... He has another family?"

He spoke as silently and softly as possible. I couldn't remember a time in which I'd felt more comfortable and calm talking about this than with him at the moment, and I truly appreciated that more than he'd ever know.

"When I was a little girl, he always told me he'd stay beside me. He said he'd stick with me through thick and thin, until the day I died." I said quietly, looking straight forwards.

Turning slowly towards Justin, I stared into his curious eyes, and felt more tears bream at mine.

"Turns out he's the one that died."

Justin shut his eyes closed instantly, as a new layer of tears flowed down my cheeks while I cried. Both things happened immediately after those words left my mouth, just as Justin threw his arms around me and held me tightly, letting me cry freely on his shoulder.

Hiding my face on the crook of his neck, I wrapped my arms around his neck shakily yet very tightly, willing to stay that way for as long as the night permitted.

Something about him made it alright. Something about his company, his understanding, something about him being there just made me peaceful inside - very much, considering that I know how I would've reacted to this gift in any other occasion.

But that's the thing.

I don't know why.

"That isn't his fault, Camille," Justin whispered near my ear. "I know how bad it feels, and I know you may misunderstand it as that now but, believe me when I tell you," he said, pulling away to face me yet keeping his arms around me, "it isn't his fault. It could never be."

I stared at him in silence for a moment, feeling as the pain on my chest and the desire to cry faded away just by that action.

What?

How in the world did that just happen?

In a matter of nothing but seconds of him hugging me, that was it. Done. No crying, no sadness, no pain, nothing.

"What did you just do?" I asked in an almost mute whisper.

"I hope you know I'm here if you need me, okay?" he whispered back.

I nodded slowly, hugging him one last time before pulling away to let him stand up.

And suddenly, a small smile showed up on my face.

Well, so I'm either the biggest weirdo on Earth, or really all I needed was to steam off.

Probably the weirdo one.

"Go wash that makeup off though." Justin grinned. "I don't think it goes well with your costume."

Frowning, I turned towards the mirror in my bathroom and laughed, rolling my eyes.

"I'll be right back," I stated, walking towards the bathroom and brushing my ruined mascara off my cheeks.
A couple minutes after, I walked back out, and to my surprise, Justin was still there.

"Much better," he assured, standing up from the bed and reaching out for my hand.

Grabbing his in mine, I felt a weird sensation down in my stomach as he pulled me with him out the room, smiling from ear to ear, just like me.

"Whoa, wait! We've got matching outfits!" I gasped, my glare bouncing from his Romeo costume to myself. "How cool is that?"

"Very cool," he chuckled, pulling me further down the stairs. "Come on, Juliet. Let's go have a good time now."

* * *

Almost the whole night had gone by already. There were nothing but thirty minutes left - although people would most likely stay a little more - and so I thought it was time to do what I had been aiming to do for a long time now.
Thank Justin.

Yet again.

Looking around the crowded room, I stood on my tippy toes to have a better view, yet I found nothing.

Too many people were dancing, singing and shouting, which made it very hard for me to distinguish anything at all.

"Looking for someone?" Justin's voice asked from behind me, causing me to turn back and grin, nodding.

"Yeah! I need to tell you something," I called over the music.

"Okay!" he replied.

"But not here! I can barely hear myself!" I answered, giggling.

Smiling, he grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to him.

"Follow me!"

As a bunch of neon lights flashed freely across the room, I followed Justin close behind, being blown away by how amazing everything had finally turned out to be that night.

We kept going until we came back into my room, and when I thought he'd stop there, I noticed him searching for the door that led to the balcony's knob.
Walking up to him, I helped him turning the handgrip to the left twice, pushing the wide window open.

He walked out onto the balcony smoothly, motioning for me to follow him out, too.

And I did, taking my heels off quickly before doing it.

The balcony was very big. It lasted several feet to the sides, and it wasn't at all thin from the window to the glass railing on the other side.

And there he stood, looking down towards the city from the tall spot where we were, waiting for me to step beside him.

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?" he asked once I stood a couple inches away from him, turning to his right with a small smile.

"Oh, I- I just wanted to thank you again," I explained. "I know all you've gone through since you met me is trouble anytime you're near me, and I really don't want you to like... get scared away or anything. I know I'm really, really emotional sometimes and that I'm probably very awkward to be around but I don't mean to be that way, I'm working on everything about my dad and I seriously hope we can be friends because you're awesome and to be honest, I wouldn't want to lose you at all. You are very nice and I really enjoy being around you so thank you for standing me all this time and I am really sorry, I know it's very weird and I'm talking a lot now but I swear, I--"

"Camille," Justin called loudly, stepping closer towards me. "It's okay," he chuckled, nodding.

"You're just saying that," I said.

"I promise I'm not," he laughed. "Really, I don't care. You're just as awesome."

Getting lost in his eyes, I found myself at loss of words for a moment.

"How do you do that? Stop doing that!" I demanded confusedly.

"What are you talking about?" He beamed.

"I don't know! Y- You're all nice and stuff, and I'm seriously so weird and awkward! Like, usually not around anybody, but why is it different with you?"

His eyebrows met halfway, just like mine, and before I could notice, I had walked closer towards him, our faces merely inches away.

"You're the only person I've ever told so much about me," I stated silently.

He took his time to answer.

"Is that a bad thing?" he asked.

"I hope not," I whispered back. "Hopefully not... But I don't get it, you're so kind to me, and you don't even know me."

"You have to stop thinking you're not someone people would like to get to know," he stated softly. "I would love to get to know you, Camille, and I think everyone would, too."

"You're doing it again," I whispered ever quieter. "You're making me feel all weird."

His arm flew to the back of my waist and he pulled me closer to him. Again for some reason, I couldn't move - and I am not too sure I would have if I could have.

"I don't mean to," he said.

"You know... I have never felt too comfortable around guys in general. I can't trust them, I don't know why, and this is for sure going to be uncomfortable, but I have never felt this comfortable around any boy in my entire life," I stated, not quite analyzing what was coming out of my mouth.

"I am glad." He smiled.

"You've done way too much for me," I stated. "Really, thank you so much."

"Are you sure you're fine with me being around?" he asked warily.

I nodded, smiling. "Know that the last thing I want is for you to leave," I said out of nowhere, not realizing what I had said.

Nodding, he just continued to stare at me in an unreadable manner, just like I did with him.

And suddenly, he spoke up.

"Camille?" he whispered.

"Yes?"

He licked his lips quickly. Never breaking eye contact with me, he spoke in the quieter whisper possible.

"Would you hate me too much if I kissed you right now?"

Keeping my eyes nailed to his, I felt as my stomach did flips crazily. The heat his eyes emitted, his breath crashing lightly against my skin, his hand wrapped around me, it was all too much for me.

And that's why, to both mine and his surprise, I shook my head.

Next thing I know, a pair of soft pink lips were pressed to mine softly as both his and my eyes shut closed, and I was now kissing back happily, wrapping my arms around his neck like there'd be no tomorrow otherwise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
341K 16.5K 77
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
81.5K 4.7K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...