Billionaires' War (Completed)

By CoraStar_

Cora Verell inherited Verell Enterprises upon her father's death. But she discovers a secret that leads to he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chaper 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Thank You
Trillionaires' War

Chapter 19

8.8K 364 57
By CoraStar_

I really didn't want to wake up, but I noticed Omer gone. He could at least sleep in with everything he had to do yesterday. He's so structured and deciated to his schedule. I do admire that, but his uncle just died. It wouldn't kill him to take a break.

Pulling the covers off of me I decided to take a shower and prepare myself for the day. I noticed the slight coldness last night, so I opted into wearing a simple long sleeve bodycon dress with an oversize coat. My brown boots  just made the whole outfit pop. I let my straight hair fall on down naturally.

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I yelled as I finished my makeup on the small vanity.

Two women curtsied before me while mumbling their good mornings. "You don't need to do that." I told them. The only time I curtised myself was in front of the royal family. And I am the godmother of a queen so there's that.

"Sultan Aslan, bu sabah kullanılamayacak. Masada onsuz kahvaltı yapmanı istiyor. " The older woman said as she curtised again.

"Mr. Aslan, will not be available this morning. He wants you to have breakfast at the table without him." The younger woman translates. "Mr. Aslan has hired me to follow you around and translate for you. The staff is aware that you do not speak Turkish." She informed.

"Thank you. What are your names?" She translated my question to the other woman before turning back to me.

"Well, my name is Defne, and this is Azra. She will be your personal hand maiden for the remaining if your visit."

I nod."Okay."

Just then Chloe enters the room unannounced. "Look at my clothes! I'm so rocking this look." She twirls around to show me her black and white long sleeve dress with thigh high grey boots. She even straightened her hair.

"You look just like a model." I said.

"I do?" I just nod my head in reassurance. She actually could be a model. She had the figure, the height. I might have to call Zana about this.

Chloe alslmost immediately noticed the two amused women staring at her. "Oh sorry. I don't know any Turkish. But goodmorning." She said and then turned to me. "The lady that went to my room got me all dressed up and everything, but I couldn't understand a word she said."

Defne laughed. "I apologize. I will be translating for you, and Mrs. Aslan. Mr.Aslan figured you would keep eachother company and would not need another translator."

"Makes sense." Chloe said. "By the way, where is he?" She asked looking around.

"Mr. Alsan is currently washing the decreased's body."

Her mouth dropped turning her eyes to me. "Did she just say what I think she said?" I nodded confused as well. "I'm not crazy right?"

The translator laughed again. "It is traditional for any Male decreased to be washed by their male family members one last time to prepare them for burial." We both nod at her like it's normal. Even though we don't find it normal at all. "I will lead you to the breakfast room."

"I think I lost my appetite." Chloe whispered. I couldn't agree with her more.

We walked down the various halls that seems like a much more complicated way than what Omer showed us yesterday.

There were two men at each side of the high double doors. They opened them simultaneously. Another man on the side announced our arrival, Defne explained. The table was long. It had 20 chairs on each side and there was one at each end.

All eyes were on us as we walked towards the end of the table where there were three empty seats. I noticed all three women wearing black head scarfs. Though I couldn't identify the last woman that sat next to Veronica. Defne informed me to sit at the head of the table with a brief explanation why. Apprently as Omer's wife, when he is not present, that seat would have to be filled by me to signify leadership. I didn't question it any further. I didn't want to insult anyone's culture.

Looking around with confidence I noticed Veronica just staring down at her plate. She was obviously avoiding me since yesterday.
Daisy just glared at me, which I ignored. The third woman didn't looked like she tolerated my presence any more than Daisy did. John was the only one who greeted us with a smile.

To say it was uncomfortable was putting it lightly. You could cut something with the sharp tension in the room. I noticed Chloe eyeing the food in front of her. She knew better than to groan, but I knew she wanted to. She isn't well exposed to different foods. So it was understandable for her to prefer basic common dishes than the ones Omer and I were used to. I would love Caviar toast right now to be honest.

A chucky woman in a chef's hat made her appearance as she rolled a cart our way. She smiled politely. "Kral Aslan bize yemek tercihlerinizi bildirdi. Sizin için hazırladığımız yemeklerin tadını çıkarmanızı umuyoruz." She said as she placed plates around us.

Defne leaned down from behind me. "She said that Mr. Aslan has told them of your food preferences. And that they hope you enjoy the food they prepared for you."

"Bütün bir Amerikan kahvaltısı!"

"A whole American breakfast!"

Chloe quickly filled up her plate as soon as she saw the pancakes, biscuits, hashbrowns, and sausage links. "Remind me to hug the life out of him when I see him." She exclaimed happily as she ate.

"Defne, how do you say thank you?" I asked.

"Teşekkür ederim."

"Teşekkür ederim." I repeated to the chef. Chloe tried to do the same, but by the chuckle of the chef I knew she didn't pronounce it well. The chef smiled happily at Chloe before making her retreat.

"This food is so good. I really thought I was going to starve for mintue." Chloe said to me unaware of the glares from around the table.

Diasy put down her utensils too roughly. "What? You think you're better than us? Can't even try our traditional food?" She exclaimed directly at me. Even though it was Chloe's comment that ticked her off.

"I didn't mean anything-" Chloe started, but I interrupted.

"What is your problem with me?" I snapped back at Daisy.

"You. You're the problem. You shouldn't even be here. You didn't know Cem, like we did. You can't even eat our food. You walk around like you own the place. Shoving your status in our face, but can't even be bothered to dress like we are in mourning not a Victoria secret fashion show. You think you're so above us because your rich, but new flash your filling a place that belonged to my sister. And you'll be nothing more than-"

"His wife." I finished for her. I stood up with anger boiling through my veins. "I'm the wife. Not her. You guys are so quick to judge who I am, but haven't even bothered to see everything I held back for Omer's sake." I turned to Veronica who seemed apologetic, but was too much of a coward to speak up. "I could've destroyed you. I could've gone to that interview that day and said that you were having an affair with my husband." I emphaize. "Yet, I didn't. I could've let those women at the Summons continue to trash you around like a low life whore, but I stood up for you. It is so easy for me to say one sentence to the press and have everyone around the world hate you." I turned to Daisy who was fuming. "You find your sister to be a saint, don't you? Everyone loves Veronica, but guess what. She was screwing a married man. Regardless of everything, I am his wife. And she'll be nothing but his mistress on the side. So start getting used to it and don't tempt me. I won't be stepped on." I threw the napkin on the table and turned to John. "Tell my husband, our daughter and I will be shopping today." They all gasped in shock at the news and every single one of them turned their eyes to Chloe who glared at them all.

"That's a lie!" The third woman finally spoke up. "My cousin would never do this without telling us."

"I suggest you take your concerns to someone who cares. Bon appetit." I made my exit as Chloe followed close behind me. No words were needed. We were escorted in a car. Leaving the mansion behind. I just had a feeling that this was only the beginning, and that this trip will be my own personal headache.

Chloe and I spend most of our time shopping. The driver knew exactly where to take us. There were a few stores that offered mutiple designer brands and then there were a couple of jewelry stores I recognized.  My favorite being Cartier. Chloe and I got matching four diamond Love bracelets. She choked when she saw the price of each of them. I just waved off her concerns.

While shopping, I educated her about or lifestyle. As a Verdell we are expected to be Icons in the fashion and business industry. As Alsans we are expected to be reserved, but show leadership skills at all times. I told her of our downfalls. She got the perfect example of that when standbyers began to recognized me.

Defne, who followed close behind us, was telling us how a movie I had done years ago was just translated in Turkish. So Cora Verdell was known here. That and the fact that their beloved Aslan was my husband, of course. I took some pictures with some fans. Trying my hardest to keep up with with all the translations.

I really thought Chloe would be put off by the constant attention, but she seemed engrossed in it. We continued our shopping until the men had their hands full. That's when I knew it was better to go back to the mansion before it got dark.

The drive was quiet. I knew she was exhausted. When the mansion came into view I told myself it would be better just to ignore everyone and head to my room. We're led inside when I heard shouting. I told Defne to escort Chloe to her room while I checked what was going on.

I followed the voices until I found myself in the living room. Omer was saying something to a fuming Daisy and his cousin. Veronica tried to calm him down, but he just brushed her away. John looked upset at the corner of the room, but stayed out of it. Daisy was the first one to notice me. She pushed past Omer and stopped right in front of me. "This is your fault. Everything is your fault. Have a bit of decency. Shopping while we are in mouring?" She shook her head in disbelief.

"I said enough!" Omer yelled at her, making her flinch, but it didn't discourage her.

"Why? Afraid rich little princess will get her feelings hurt? She doesn't belong here. We are all in mourning doing our best to respect  Cem's wishes while she has the audacity to parade around shopping, taking pictures like she's in some kind of red carpet. This is not how we act when someone we love dies."

I was confused at the accusation. How did they even know that? It's not like they were following us. John held out his phone to me. I quickly scanned it and noticed mutiple pictures of Chloe and I on our shopping trip smiling about. There were.kutiple imagines back to back, but I could understand the headlines that were in Turkish.

Omer's cousin took a step in his direction catching my attention. "You adopt a girl without telling anyone. Naming her your heir. A random girl at that. Now the whole Turkey nation will stalk us all until they get their answers. We do not agree with this at all, cousin. You've put us in the middle of a wild storm."

"We will end this right now." He said losing his patience. "I will not explain myself to any of you. I will handle things my way. If you don't like it, you're welcomed to leave."

"Cousin..." She tried to reason.

"Enough!" He yelled making us all jump. "You question me again, and I'll strip your title." He turned to Daisy. "And you remember who exactly your talking to here. I won't tolerate anymore of your out bursts."

I didn't wait for anything else. I'm annoyed. At this point I just want to go home. I turned around and left to my room. I sat at the edge of the bed when I saw Omer enter.

"I want to go home." Was all I said.

He took off his blazer and started to untie his tie. Not bothering to look at me. "You're not going anywhere, Cora."

****Author's Note****

This chapter is pretty long. But tell me what you think??? I know you all probably want more of Omer and Cora but I'm really trying my best not to rush it. I do know that the next chapter is going to be a major break through for their relationship!

Let me know-

What do you forsee happening?

What do you want to happen?

Thank for you for reading ❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.6K 35
Being married to billionaire Dominic Lewis gives Savannah Lewis everything one could dream of. Money, diamonds, luxury, and a glamorous lifestyle-the...
1.2M 28.4K 60
When poor, abused Addison Snow finally runs away from her unforgiving home she thinks her life could finally get better with a new job and a forbidde...
4.1M 136K 44
WARNING!!! MATURE content for 18 years old and above!!! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this story! W...
9.1M 320K 62
Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she still tried her best not to dwell under her...