Breathless ✓

Selenaedward22 द्वारा

Victoria Forbes, a young aspiring doctor, trudges through yet another ordinary day-a recurring pattern in her... अधिक

Description ✔
Prologue ✔
One ✔
Two ✔
Three ✔
Four ✔
Five ✔
Six ✔
Seven ✔
Eight ✔
Nine ✔
Ten ✔
Eleven ✔
Twelve ✔
Thirteen ✔
Fourteen ✔
Fifteen ✔
Sixteen ✔
Seventeen ✔
Eighteen ✔
Ninteen ✔
Twenty ✔
Twenty-One ✔
Twenty-Two ✔
Christian's pov ✔
Twenty - Four ✔
Twenty-Five ✔
Twenty - Six ✔
Twenty - Seven ✔
Twenty - Eight ✔
Twenty - Nine ✔
Thirty ✔
Thirty - One ✔
Thirty - Two ✔
Thirty - Three ✔
Thirty - Four ✔
Thirty - Five ✔
Thirty - Six ✔
Thirty - Seven ✔
Thirty - Eight ✔
Thirty - Nine ✔
Forty ✔
Forty - One ✔
Forty - Two ✔
Forty - Three ✔
Forty - Four ✔
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER #1
BONUS CHAPTER #2
BONUS CHAPTER #3
BONUS CHAPTER #4
Actually rewriting BREATHLESS

Twenty-Three ✔

5.5K 218 8
Selenaedward22 द्वारा

The descent into the Italian airspace brings a sense of anticipation, and soon, the private jet touches down on the tarmac. The moment the engines power down, Christian springs into action. He retrieves a sleek black suit from a concealed compartment, transforming his demeanour. His face adopts a cold, detached mask, and he becomes the epitome of composed authority.

The jet's door opens, revealing a meticulously coordinated operation on the ground. Armed guards, dressed in sharp suits, line up in formation, their expressions unreadable behind dark sunglasses. A fleet of black cars, each with tinted windows, awaits with military precision.

Christian gestures for me to follow him as he steps off the jet. The transition is abrupt—from the intimate cocoon of the plane's interior to the grandeur of the reception on the ground. The air is thick with formality and protocol.

His exchanges with the guards are concise, each gesture calculated. There's no warmth in his demeanour as he issues orders, and the guards respond with unquestioning efficiency. It's a world of power and influence, a stark contrast to the vulnerable moments we shared on the jet.

As we make our way through the security detail, I catch glimpses of Christian's other life—the one he tried to shield me from. He navigates this world with a familiarity that sends a shiver down my spine. The authority he commands, the unyielding mask of control, reveals a side of him I hadn't fathomed.

I remain close, a silent observer to this orchestrated display of might. It's then that I realise the gravity of Christian's presence in this realm—a realm that extends far beyond the protective confines of our shared moments on the jet.

The convoy of cars departs from the airport, weaving through the Italian streets with a precision that borders on military precision. The city lights blur outside the tinted windows, and Christian remains focused, his eyes scanning the surroundings.

His composure is unwavering, and I can't help but feel a certain distance between us. The man who kissed me just hours ago now wears the mask of a formidable figure, the complexities of his identity unraveling with every passing moment.

As the convoy arrives at an estate nestled on the outskirts of the city, I realize that the secrets Christian harbours run deeper than I could have ever imagined. The mansion, surrounded by high walls and guarded by an intimidating security detail, serves as a fortress in this clandestine world.

Christian's mansion looms before us, an opulent structure that sprawls across acres of manicured grounds. The grandeur of the estate is overwhelming, with pristine lawns, sculpted gardens, and lakes that shimmer in the moonlight. As we approach the entrance, guarded by imposing gates, the enormity of Christian's world becomes even more apparent.

The convoy comes to a halt, and the doors of the cars open in unison. Christian steps out first, and I follow suit, still taking in the sheer scale of the estate. The air is filled with the fragrance of blooming flowers and the distant murmur of water from the nearby lakes.

Christian wears the mask of the composed authority once again, interacting with the guards stationed at the entrance. The heavy gates swing open, revealing a driveway that leads to the front of the mansion. The façade is illuminated by soft lights, casting an ethereal glow on the impressive architecture.

As we ascend the grand staircase to the entrance, the door swings open, revealing the vast expanse of the mansion's interior. Marble floors, towering columns, and intricate chandeliers create an atmosphere of luxury and sophistication. The echoes of our footsteps reverberate through the cavernous space.

Christian leads me through the mansion, passing through elegant halls adorned with priceless art and tasteful décor. The rooms are spacious, each with a view that captures the beauty of the sprawling estate. It's a world of privilege and excess, a stark contrast to the simplicity of my life before.

He shows me around with a detached efficiency, explaining that the estate is not just a residence but also a strategic stronghold. My mind swirls with questions, but his responses remain cryptic. The mask of authority never wavers, and I realize that the man who kissed me in the jet now exists in a realm where vulnerability is a luxury he can ill afford.

We step out onto a terrace that overlooks the lakes and the vast grounds beyond. The night sky is studded with stars, and the silence is broken only by the occasional rustle of leaves and the distant sounds of the estate.

"i'm going to protect you with my life," Christian says, his voice carrying a weight of regret. "You don't have to worry about a thing here."

The sincerity in his words is evident, yet the distance between us seems to widen. The mansion, with its opulence and secrets, becomes a metaphor for the chasm that separates our worlds.

As we stand on the terrace, the night unfolding around us, I can't shake the feeling that the path ahead is uncertain, that the shadows lurking in Christian's world are ready to engulf us.

Christian escorts me inside, his demeanour shifting once again to one of guarded vulnerability. The walls of the villa, though beautiful, seem to close in, and I can't shake the feeling that I've stepped into a world where secrets and danger intertwine with the grandeur of luxury.

...

The grand dining hall is adorned with exquisite tapestries and crystal chandeliers, the long table set for a lavish dinner. As Christian escorts me down the sweeping staircase, the aroma of a sumptuous meal wafts through the air, and the low hum of conversation hovers.

The atmosphere is tense, and I sense a shift in dynamics as we enter the dining hall. Seated at the far end of the table is Francis, his eyes cold and calculating as they lock onto me. Christian's jaw tightens at the sight of him, a silent acknowledgment of the underlying tension.

The evening light casts a warm glow on the scene, but the air is charged with an unspoken confrontation. Christian guides me to my seat, his demeanor composed, but the glint in his eyes betrays an undercurrent of anger.

Francis rises from his chair, a predatory smile playing on his lips. "Christian, how kind of you to join us. And you must be Victoria, the unexpected guest."

I nod, meeting Francis's gaze with a sense of unease. Christian, however, remains unfazed, his tone steady. "Let's keep this civil, Francis."

As we take our seats, the tension simmers beneath the surface. The clinking of silverware and polite conversation fill the air, but an unspoken conflict hangs over the table.

Midway through the meal, the façade of civility crumbles. Francis leans in, his tone low and menacing. "You're playing a dangerous game, Christian. Bringing her here won't change anything."

I tense, my fingers tightening around the edge of the table. Before I can respond, Christian's chair scrapes against the floor as he stands abruptly, his patience worn thin.

"You made a mistake, Francis," Christian declares, his voice cutting through the hushed ambiance. "Threatening her at the hospital was a line you shouldn't have crossed."

The room falls silent as all eyes turn to the confrontation unfolding. Francis smirks, seemingly unbothered by the accusation. "She's in our world now, Christian. You can't protect her forever."

In an instant, Christian's fist connects with Francis's jaw, a resounding crack echoing through the room. The force of the punch sends Francis stumbling backward, crashing into a chair. The dining hall erupts in a cacophony of gasps and hurried whispers.

As Francis regains his composure, a trickle of blood at the corner of his mouth, he glares at Christian with newfound animosity. "This changes nothing, Christian. She's still a liability."

The commotion in the dining hall draws the attention of a man who I assume is Christian's father, a formidable figure whose entrance commands the room. His stern expression softens as he surveys the scene, taking in the aftermath of the confrontation between Christian and Francis.

"What's going on here?" he demands, his voice carrying the weight of authority.

Christian steps forward, his features composed. "Just handling some internal matters, Father."

His father's gaze shifts from Christian to Francis, who straightens his disheveled suit, a defiant glint in his eyes. Sensing the need for an explanation, Christian gestures toward me.

"This is Victoria," he says, his tone measured. "She's... a guest."

Christian's father raises an eyebrow, his eyes lingering on me. There's a moment of silent assessment, as if he's unraveling the threads of unspoken truths woven into the fabric of the room. Then, he nods, a silent acknowledgment.

"Victoria, it's a pleasure to have you here," he says, his demeanor transforming into one of polished charm.

I offer a polite smile, my nerves settling as I stand to greet him. "Thank you for having me."

Christian's father extends a hand, and as I shake it, there's a shrewd glint in his eyes—a keen awareness that transcends mere formality.

Christian, ever the composed son, takes the opportunity to elaborate. "Victoria has found herself in an unexpected situation. I'm ensuring her safety."

His father studies me for a moment, a knowing smile playing on his lips. "Safety is of utmost importance in our world. I trust you'll take good care of her, Christian."

As the dinner resumes, I find myself seated beside Christian's father. The initial tension begins to dissipate, replaced by a genuine warmth emanating from him. He engages me in conversation, asking about my background, my interests, and my thoughts on the world they inhabit.

In the course of our discussion, it becomes evident that Christian's father is not just a man of authority but also a man of discernment. He reads between the lines, sensing the complexities beneath the surface. There's a subtle understanding in his gaze, and as he listens, a flicker of approval crosses his face.

Christian's father turns to his son, a twinkle in his eye. "Christian, you've brought someone quite remarkable into our lives."

Christian, caught off guard by the unexpected praise, manages a nod. The layers of formality seem to melt away in this moment of genuine connection, revealing a familial bond that extends beyond the veneer of power and influence.

The evening unfolds with a newfound ease, and as Christian's father shares anecdotes and stories, I glimpse a side of him that defies the stern exterior. The mansion, with its sprawling grandeur, transforms into a place where human connections are forged amidst the complexities of a world where danger and privilege coexist.

As the night draws to a close, Christian's father rises from the table, offering a genuine smile. "Victoria, you're welcome here anytime. Take care of my son."

The sentiment carries a weight of unspoken understanding, a tacit acknowledgment that in the intricate dance of their world, relationships are both a strength and a vulnerability. As the doors of the dining hall close behind us, I can't help but feel a newfound sense of acceptance within the walls of the mansion—a place where alliances are tested, secrets are guarded, and unexpected connections have the power to reshape the destiny of those who navigate its corridors.

...

The opulent guest room is a haven of luxury, but the unfamiliar surroundings make it feel more like a gilded cage. As I stand in the center of the room, the grandeur of the mansion outside these walls becomes an oppressive force, and the shadows seem to whisper secrets of a world I'm only beginning to comprehend.

I glance at the king-sized bed, its pristine sheets and plush pillows inviting yet alien. The unfamiliarity of this place, coupled with the echoes of tension from the earlier confrontation, weighs heavily on my shoulders.

Hesitant to be alone with my thoughts, I make my way down the corridor toward Christian's room. The mansion is quiet, the soft glow of dimmed lights guiding my way. When I reach his door, I hesitate for a moment before lightly knocking.

The door opens, revealing Christian, his expression softening at the sight of me. "Victoria, is everything okay?"

I swallow the lump in my throat, suddenly aware of the vulnerability of the situation. "I... I don't want to be alone tonight. This place is overwhelming."

Understanding flickers in his eyes, and without a word, he steps aside, allowing me into his room. The space is more intimate than the guest room, a sanctuary that carries a sense of familiarity. The dim lighting casts a warm ambiance, and the tension that lingered in the air seems to dissipate.

"I hope you don't mind the intrusion," I say, feeling a sudden wave of self-consciousness.

Christian smiles, his eyes reflecting a depth of understanding. "Not at all. You're welcome here."

As Christian closes the door behind me, the subdued lighting in the room creates an atmosphere of intimacy. I find a place on a chair, hesitating for a moment before speaking. The air feels charged with unspoken words, and the sanctuary of his room becomes a backdrop for the revelations that lie ahead.

"Christian, there's so much I don't understand," I begin, my voice tentative. "You left Seattle, you kept secrets from me, and now we're here, in this world I never knew existed. Can you help me make sense of it all?"

He takes a deep breath, as if preparing to reveal a truth that has long been held in the shadows. "I'm part of a family with ties to organized crime, Victoria. My father, the one you met earlier, he leads a powerful syndicate. I left to protect you, but they found us here."

The weight of his words settles in, and my mind races to process the revelation. The warmth of the room seems to dim, replaced by the gravity of the truth he's laid bare.

"When you were attacked back in Seattle," Christian continues, his gaze steady, "it wasn't a random act. It was another mafia, one that has a history with my family. They're after me, and by extension, they targeted you."

The room falls silent as the implications of his words echo. My hand instinctively reaches for my chest, as if shielding myself from the residual shock.

As the truth unravels, the boundaries between us seem to dissolve. In this intimate space, vulnerability becomes the bridge that connects our worlds. The warmth of the room becomes a comforting embrace, a haven where secrets are shared and burdens are laid bare.

Christian reaches for my hand, a silent reassurance in the touch. "I understand if this is too much, Victoria. You didn't sign up for any of this."

The complexity of emotions swirls within me, but I meet his gaze with a newfound resolve. "I may not have signed up for it, but I'm here now. And if we're facing this together, then I want to understand everything. No more secrets."

The room is heavy with the weight of revelations, and in the quiet aftermath, our eyes lock in a shared understanding. The vulnerability that hangs in the air seems to draw us closer, creating a space where honesty becomes the bridge between two worlds.

"I never wanted to involve you in this mess," Christian admits, his gaze unwavering. "But having you here, it changes things. It changes everything."

I meet his eyes, the depth of emotion swirling within them reflecting my own turmoil. "I can't change the past, Christian. But I want to be a part of whatever comes next. We face this together."

The air between us seems charged with unspoken tension, a magnetic pull that defies the boundaries of friendship. Christian's hand, still holding mine, tightens slightly as if seeking reassurance.

"There's one more thing, Victoria," he says, his voice softer now. "The truth is, I didn't just leave Seattle to protect you. I left because being near you made it harder to keep my feelings in check."

A subtle shift occurs in the room—a shift that goes beyond the revelations of organized crime and danger. The air becomes charged with a different kind of tension, one born of shared vulnerability and the unspoken complexities of their connection.

I find myself drawn to him, the space between us narrowing until our knees almost touch. The lines between friendship and something more blur further, and I can feel the magnetic pull intensifying.

Christian's gaze lingers on mine, a silent question hanging in the air. Without words, I lean in, closing the distance between us. The kiss is a fusion of longing and unspoken emotions, a culmination of the uncharted territory we find ourselves navigating.

As our lips meet, the room seems to fade away, leaving only the warmth of the connection we've discovered. The weight of the truth, the dangers that loom outside these walls, all become distant echoes in the face of this shared moment.

When we finally pull away, a new layer of understanding passes between us.

The weight of shared confessions and the soft glow of the room cast a serene ambiance. As we break the kiss, Christian's eyes hold a warmth that transcends the complexities of the world outside. There's a moment of shared understanding—a silent recognition that what lies ahead is uncertain, but the connection between us remains.

He extends a hand toward me, a silent invitation. I take it, the unspoken conversation between us continuing as he leads me toward the bed. The dim lighting bathes the room in a gentle glow, accentuating the sense of intimacy.

As we reach the bed, Christian pauses. His gaze, a mixture of tenderness and determination, meets mine. "Victoria, I want you to feel safe here. You can stay in this room tonight."

I nod, a silent acknowledgment of the unspoken invitation. The bed, once a symbol of unfamiliarity, now becomes a sanctuary in the shared journey we're embarking on.

Christian moves toward the bed, his actions deliberate. In one fluid motion, he sweeps me off my feet, cradling me in his arms. The sensation is both surprising and comforting, and I can't help but rest my head against his chest.

As he carries me to the bed, the world outside these walls fades away. The complexities, the dangers, the revelations—they all seem distant as Christian lulls me into a cocoon of safety. His movements are gentle, as if handling something fragile, and the rhythmic sway has a hypnotic effect.

"Rest now, Victoria," he whispers, his voice a soothing melody in the quiet room. "I'll be right here."

The bed embraces us as he lays me down, and he covers me with a blanket, tucking me in with a tenderness that belies the harsh reality of his world. For a moment, he sits by the bedside, his eyes watching over me with a protective gaze.

As I close my eyes, the weight of the day lifts. The complexities of the world outside are replaced by the simple comfort of shared vulnerability and unspoken connection. The room becomes a haven, and in the silence, the lines between us blur even further.

"Thank you, Christian," I murmur, my voice barely audible.

He leans down, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead. "Sleep well, Victoria."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Badly Broken RainStorm द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

1.4M 47.1K 45
We all know the cliché story of the bad boy falling for the nerdy girl, but what about a bad boy falling for another bad boy? Every Friday, Kai Yoon...
A Kiss for Maya Katherine द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

828K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
207 12 9
A serial killer as-well-as a top student at his former school. Being blinded by his mother's selfish desires, he ends up choosing a path that could u...
No More Wasting Time CreativeWriter द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

7.5K 647 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...