Love Me Now

By arielle_cherise

Follow Kyaih on her journey of love and friendship. Book 1 published of the Love Me series. *COMPLETED* More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
A/N
XXI
Applications
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
NEW BOOK ALERT!!!
More Spin-offs?
A/N

XV

5.6K 179 80
By arielle_cherise

Three Days Later
Sunday, June 28, 2019
Houston, Texas
7:55 a.m.
Kyaih's POV

Today I have an interview at a nearby jewelry store. After talking to Aiden the other day, I figured why not apply for an internship.

I could care less about getting paid for it. At least if I didn't do anything this summer, I had a job to keep me occupied.

Speaking of the person who gave me the idea, haven't heard from him since i dropped him off at his condo, but i ain't tripping. Maybe its for the best.

Fixing my pants, i sighed and left out the bathroom. After the interview i was going to go pop at my mama's job and mess with her.

"Let's go.", i said to myself.

Grabbing my keys and my phone and headed out the door. Today was gon be a good day no matter what happened. Wasn't finna let nobody tear me down cause somebody pissed in they cerals this morning.

Jogging to my car, i hurried up and got in. Before i could start my car, my phone started ringing. Without looking at the caller ID i answered it and started my car.

My phone automatically connected to the Bluetooth so i just spoke.

"Kyaih Summers speaking."

"My nigga Yaya wassup? Why yo ass ain't play me back in 8-ball?", Dwayne's voice boomed through the speakers.

"My nigga Dwayne and I'm sorry. I've been busy comforting yo friend and looking for a job. I'm actually on my way to an interview right now.", i told him as i pulled out of the parking lot.

"You good. But what you finna get into after that?"

"Imma pull up on mama while she at work and then after that nothing unless y'all got something planned."

"Me, Reece, Cam, yo nigga, and Damon going to the mall around one you can meet us there and then at 6 my auntie hosting this lil kickback and we all going. Including you lil bit so be dressed and ready to go by 5:20 cause she live in Pearland and we all taking my truck."

"I'll see what i can do. And tell yo friend i said double team. He know what it mean.", i said laughing to myself.

"Aight lil bit."

"Bye my nigga Dwayne."

"Bye my nigga Yaya.", he said before hanging up.

Me and Dwayne have gotten really close. He like that one favorite older cousin that act like yo sibling.

Pulling into the parking lot i sighed before turning my car off. Hopefully this spot is mine. I brought my sketchbook and the sample pieces i didn't wanna sell.

Taking a deep breath, i got out of the car and made my way to the front door. I stepped in and walked to the front counter.

It was this fine ass nigga standing behind it.

He had long dreadlocks, a lil goatee, with a hat on.

(A/N: picture him as Zoie)

He was prolly gay cause the extra fine niggas always gay. And if he wasn't I'd jump onnat, but i promised myself that i would lay off niggas for a while.

He was into whatever he was looking at on his phone that he didn't notice me.

"Excuse me.", i said making him look up.

Hell yeah he was gay.

"Yes boo, how can i help you?", he said standing up.

"I'm Kyaih Summers. I'm here for an interview.", i said makinh him smile.

"Ooooooouuuuuu yes! Bout time we get somebody else in here. I'm tired of these boring bitches.", he said making me laugh. "But right this way. Dee will be doing your interview. She real cool just dont ask about her and Amir's relationship. Dee is the co-owner. The actual owner is Amir. He cool peoples too. My bad im being rude. My name is Ri short for Rian."

Aiden said his brother's name was Amir and he owned his own shops around the city. For the sake of me having a job i really hoped it wasnt him because i didnt need Aiden finding out and popping up on me. This was gon be one hell of a job if it was.

"Got it.", i said following him to where ever he was taking me.

"Alright now here we are. Im wishing you luck. Imma put in a good word for you too.", he said pushing me towards the door.

"Thank you.", i said before knocking on the door.

"Come in.", a soft voice called from the other side.

I sighed and blew out a breath. Opening the door, there was a girl sitting behind a desk with a jewelry box in front of her.

"Hi I'm here for the interview. My name is Kyaih Summers.", i said walking in.

"Hey. Ummm let me move this and you can put your stuff right here.", she smiled.

See i told y'all today was going to be a good day. These good ass vibes i was getting from these people.

"Okay so tell me about yourself.", she said moving stuff off her desk.

"I'm Kyaih Summers, nineteen, ummm in the fall i start my online courses for U of H, i live down the street so if you need me I'll be here, i don't like mess, i like being to myself most of the time but I'm open to meeting new people as long as they mind their business.", i told her.

"I like you already. So now, how long have you been making and sketching jewelry?", she said sitting next to me.

"Since i was twelve.", i said handing her my sketchbook.

She looked through it with a smile on her face. "This is better than some of the workers here. You ain't here that from me though."

I laughed and opened my suitcase that i brought with my jewlery and set in on my lap to where she could see.

She put the sketch book down and picked up a necklace i had just recently designed.

"This is beautiful. I can't even do this. Who taught you this?", she asked looking over the other pieces too.

"Nobody. That it one of those pieces that you make while experimenting with jewels, designs, and colors. I could teach you if you want.", i smiled.

"Girl these are good. Imma call Amir right quick he needs to see this. In my opinion you already got the job, but once Amir sees this you gon have a permanent spot here.", she smiled getting up to go behind her desk.

Well then shit today is a hella good day.

"Baby you busy?", she said looking up at me with a smile on her face."Okay well i need you to come see this. I found a new girl and her work is better than anybody currently working here. Her name is Kyaih Summers and she's nineteen. She's going to college in the fall. She got a good vibe and her work is excellent. She'll bring in a lot of customers and money."

She was quiet for a minute so i assumed she was listening to Amir.

"Okay. We'll be waiting and they better not be with the shits today cause today is a good day.", she said rolling her eyes. "Yeah, i like you too. Bye."

She hung the phone and then stood up. "Well boo, imma show you around the place."

She helped me pack my suitcase up and then we left out of her office.

"So everyone who works here has their own lil office like space. Once Amir approves for you to work here with his ugly self this will be your space right here. You can decorate it however you like. I think you'll like it here, just ignore them messy ass employees Amir won't let me fire. If you need anything me and Ri gotchu. Don't ask anyone else. Now here is our breakroom, you might wanna keep your stuff in your area cause bitches be broke and hungry so they like to steal other people shit. In here is our supply room, whatever you need to make your pieces can be found in here. And of course the showroom is upfront. Everyone has their own show case in their designated spot. You clock in over here and then back we have lockers for everyone to put their stuff but once again i wouldn't keep my stuff where everybody keeps their stuff so you can keep your stuff where i keep mine. Imma take you back up front so we can talk to Ri about getting everything you need.", she said.

Dee was a cool girl no doubt, and the place gave off nice vibes, but if these bitches they spoke about have an issue wit me being here then it's going down in the alley behind the building.

"Ri look at our newest member of the family. Isn't she lovely?", she smiled.

"Hell yes! Me and you need somebody else to join us for lunch.", he said winking at me.

"So these other workers y'all told me about, where are they?", i asked looking around.

"They all choose to take their breaks at the same time like we don't know what they doing.", Dee said rolling her eyes. "Oh Ri just a heads up Amir bring Aiden and Lee."

"By any chance is their last name Grant?", i asked hoping it wasnt.

"Yup. The Grant men are like royalty in Houston.", Ri said with a smile.

"Great.", i mumbled.

"Why babe? What's wrong?", Dee asked.

"Amir and Lee ion know so we dont have an issue. But Aiden, he might as well sit his ass in the car cause if i see him he gon catch these words.", i shrugged.

"You messing with Aiden?", Ri asked.

"It was two times. We just hung out whenever we got together.", i sighed.

"Here these bitches go. Smiles everyone.", Dee said making me laugh.

"Hey y'all. Hey pretty.", this girl said licking her lips at me. She looked like a fem hell naw. Fem can't have none of me.

I waved and kept it pushing. "Dee you better protect me"

"Ohhhhhhh shit we got a new girl. I call dibs.", some lanky darkskin dude said.

I screamed making Dee and Ri laugh.

"Boy hell naw. Nope. No. No. No. No. Not today Satan. Where is my man when you need him.", i said moving to behind the counter with Ri.

"Now he your man?", Ri laughed nudging me.

"Mmhmmm. You know what no he ain't.", i said catching a glimpse of him getting out of his brother's car.

"Aye new girl!", some girl hollered out. "You got a name or something?"

I scrunched my face up and looked at Dee. "I'm not even doing this today. Its a happy day and im a happy girl. Get yo employee Dee."

"So she can't hear?", she said again. She was about to speak again but Aiden and his brothers walked in.

"Aiden!", the same girl called out. He looked at her and rolled his eyes.

"Aiden she's right here.", Dee said making him look at me. He smiled and then made his way over to the counter.

Ri bald headed ass pushed me from behind the counter and Dee grabbed me and placed me in front of him.

He pulled me by my waist and licked his lips. "I missed you."

"Yeah and who's fault is that?", i said raising my eyebrow at him.

"Mine and i apologize. I been working.", he said making me purse my lips.

"Sorry to interrupt, but i can vouch for him working. By the way im Alison but you can call me Lee. This nigga talks about you a lot.", Lee said making Aiden smack his lips.

"Nigga shut up and move. You said what you had to say now move.", he sighed.

"Kyaih get ya mans foe he be walking home.", Lee said making me shake my head and laugh.

"It's nice to meet you Lee. Now you we'll talk after i meet with Amir. Go entertain ya lil baby over there.", i said referring to ole girl.

"Gimme a kiss.", he said leaning in. I was about to turn my head so he coukd kiss my cheek but he grabbed my neck holding me in place.

He pecked my lips three times before letting me go.

"Kyaih you ready?", Dee asked with a big ass kool-aid smile on her face.

"Fuck you.", i said as we both laughed.

"Amir this is Kyaih the one i told you abouy on the phone. Kyaih open the case and show him.", she said with a smile.

I opened my case and turned it towards Amir. He picked up the same piece Dee did earlier and looked at it.

"Bruh this is good. Where you learn how to do this?", he asked looking at me and then Aiden. "Bro Lee, Aide come look at this."

"Yooooooooooo this is dope.", Lee said dapping me up.

"I knew my baby had skills but damn this shit is fye.", Aiden said mushing me.

"Thank you.", i smiled.

Amir placed the piece back into the case and looked at the other ones.

"Dee dont let this go to your head, but baby you was right. Kyaih you got the job. You can start whenever you want but we're closed on Tuesday's and Thursday's. You, Dee and Ri can decide on your schedule whenever. Dee come take a ride right quick.", Amir said.

Dee gave me a hug and followed behind Amir. Once they left, Aiden wasted no time snatching me up.

"I got the job!", i said with a smile on my face.

"This calls for a celebration.", he smirked.

"Well shit, let's go.", i smiled. "Bye Ri."

Here ya go!

Thoughts on Kyaih?

Thoughts on Aiden?

Thoughts on Ri?

Thoughts on Dee?

Thoughts on this chapter?

Hit that vote button while you down here please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Crazed By πŸ’•

Short Story

377K 19.2K 13
Nee & Q's spin-off |throwback| short story. The story behind how they met and things they went through to get to their own Worthy love. Characters fr...
932K 44.5K 45
My Works #1 COMPLETED 19-year-old Honesty Francis Smith and her cousin Asha Smith leave Houston, Texas and goes to New Orleans, Louisiana for the ent...
112K 3.3K 20
Rita is a lonely, unexciting, homebody. She's covinced that she will die alone, that is, until she meets Kurtis. Kurtis' middle name is PLAYER. He's...
66.6K 2.7K 37
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.