LITTLE SINGER ā”ā” Dean Winches...

By brzatto

ON HOLD. She was the one that got away. But a wheelchair just so happened to bring her back. š™™š™šš™–š™£ š™¬... More

INTRODUCTION
EPIGRAPH
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER NINE

4.4K 164 3
By brzatto

Blood. Why was there so much blood? Danny lifted her fingers up to her line of vision. Her knees were torn to shreds, her blue jeans now brown from her own blood. "Danny." Reggie's voice wavered within her ears. She looked up, noticing the bodies walking toward them. She had fallen after they put down the first demon. She expected more; maybe a few, but the crowd moving in on them sent her heart into overdrive. Reggie's arms quickly wrapped around her waist and lifted her onto her feet. "Get outta here," he told her. His grip was tight on her shoulders. "No!" she snapped.

          She shoved his hands away. Her eyebrows were furrowed. "I'm not going anywhere. Not when there's that many." She couldn't deny the fact that there was something between she and Reggie. She felt that familiar fuzzy feeling every time he called her, or touched her. His eyes were pleading. "Please. I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt." She withdrew the Beretta from her holster, already clicking off the safety. "I won't." The sound of their footsteps were taunting in the air. Tim and Steve were pointing their guns at the demons. "Don't come no closer!" Tim shouted at the herd, his voice strained. He was terrified.

          Danny left Reggie's side to join the other two. She rose the gun, peering over it. The demons weren't listening. Her finger twitched over the trigger. She wanted to shoot. She thought she could shoot. Her hands weren't steady. Her heart was beating wildly inside her chest. She couldn't calm herself down without exposing herself. "I said stop!" Tim's shout was drowned out by the gun shot, Danny letting out a yelp. Her ear began to ring, the noise around her muffled. "Danny!" She could see Reggie look at her, his eyes wide as she held onto her ear. A body rammed into him, tackling him to the ground. Bodies were colliding with theirs, taking them down one by one.

          She couldn't do anything but watch. She fought against the bodies coming her way, her gun holstered and her knife withdrawn. Cries sounded through the air, her ear still ringing. Her eyes landed on Steve, who looked to be winning his battle until a demon began to maneuver toward him. "Steve!" she shouted as she plunged her knife into a demon's chest. His eyes only met hers momentarily before his guts were spilled before him, landing against the dirty sidewalk.

          Anger pulsed through her veins as she finally brought her gun up once more. She fired a bullet into the demon's head that killed her friend. She fired another one, and another one, until she emptied her clip into the monsters. Blood stained her hands, but she didn't care anymore. She had to get out of there, alive.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Chapter Nine:
" FREE TO BE
YOU AND ME:
PART TWO "

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

         She couldn't cry. It wasn't that she didn't want to. She would have preferred crying instead of this numb, empty feeling sitting in her chest like a gaping hole. Reggie and Tim ignored her as she sat in the back of the truck, her brown eyes wide as she replayed the scene over and over in her head. The blood— there was so much blood. She quickly shook her head, her dark hair sticking to her face as it shielded the pained look she wore. Her hair had fallen from its restraint during the fight. Blood was caked at the ends of one section, a section she couldn't bare to look at. They had been driving for a long time, it felt like, before its started to fall into a slow slide.

The neon lights from the bar illuminated the red on her hands. "Why are we here?" she asked the boys, her eyebrows puckered. Tim threw open the creaky door and got out, slamming the door shut behind him. "Reggie," Danny said, louder this time, grabbing the back of his seat. Reggie visibly winced at her tone. He threw open the door and was quick to close it behind him. "Stay put." She recoiled at the sudden authority within his tone. He noticed her nose scrunch up. "Excuse me? What the hell is going on?" Her words were laced with venom as she slammed her open hand against the window. He drew in a deep breath, his nostrils flared. "You don't own me, Reggie. Let me out of here." When he didn't answer, she slammed her closed fist against the window.

She knew she would regret that action. She withdrew her now throbbing hand and cradled it to her chest. Her eyes lingered on his frame before he began to move away. "Reggie!" she shouted, anger pulsing through her. "Stop, damnit!" He ignored her as she continued to bang against the truck window. With a frown, she sat back in the seat, her eyes roaming the area. The blood from their clothes had stained the dark leather. She ran her fingers over a small hole in the fabric, feeling for anything that could aid her escape. There were holes and hiding places all over this truck, mainly in case the police did pull them over. She ran her palms over the seats before moving to the glove department. If there was just a knife...

Movement in her peripheral made Danny's head snap up. She spotted the girl Sam had seemed accustomed to. Before Danny could confirm that it was indeed Lindsey, another figure grabbed her. Danny rushed to find something to pry the lock up, her fingers shaky now. There was possibly a life at stake. "How is there no knife," she thought aloud, slamming the glove department closed. She blew her hair from her face. "Desperate times, right?" She withdrew her gun from her holster and pointed it at the window. Her hands were shaky, just like earlier. She didn't want to be weak; not when lives depended on her. "C'mon, c'mon," she whispered through gritted teeth, her finger wound around the trigger. "C'mon!"

As the shout left her diaphragm, the gun fired. The bullet broke through the thin glass, the shot ringing through the confined space. Her mouth fell open as she covered her ears, experiencing that ringing sensation once more. The side of her face felt sticky. She fumbled through the window, pushing away the glass shards before they could knick her skin. Inside, the gun shot alerted the men in the bar, Lindsey whimpering in Reggie's hold. "What was that?" Sam asked, his tone shaky. All thoughts directed to the youngest and final member of the Singer household. "Is she alive?" Reggie glared at the Winchester. "You don't get to know that. You and your brother left her," he sneered. Sam frowned. Dean hadn't left voluntarily. He fought for her in those short few days until she finally got through to him. Sam, on the other hand, left quickly and quietly.

"I was the one helping her understand this lifestyle. I was the one helping her mourn for her late friend. You two ran off like a bunch of wussies." Sam felt the urge to punch Reggie right across his jaw for talking about he and his brother like that. In his eyes, Dean was his hero. Dean wasn't there to defend himself, so someone had to. "Dean didn't have a choice, asshole." Reggie scoffed, but the words left on his tongue remained unspoken once the sound of a gun cocking echoed in the building. "Let her go," Danny ordered the male, her gun raised high and aimed directly at Reggie's skull. Seeing her bloodied and bruised made Sam's heart clench. Tim watched as she neared his friend, red hot anger pulsing through him. His gun now aimed at the brunette. "Put the gun down, woman!" he shouted. She rolled her dark colored eyes with a huff. "What have I said about calling me woman, you sexist pig!"

She let her guard down. She aimed at Tim and pulled the trigger just as Reggie's body collided with her. The bullet ripped through the bar right next to the white male, his body flinching. Her back hit the ground, hard, and knocked the air from her lungs. Sam went to lunge when Tim cocked his gun. "I'll let him kill her. I'll put a bullet right through your leg so you can't do nothin' about it." The feeling of Reggie's rough palms around her throat felt different than when she experienced it before. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she gripped at his shirt. "Do it," she spat at him, knowing good and well that he couldn't. "No!" Sam argued, staring at the girl in pure disbelief. "It's true. What the demons said, it's all true." Lindsey stood there in shock, her eyes wet and her body trembling. She wanted to run, but her fear kept her feet grounded. "Sam." Her voice rose, strained from the restriction around her trachea.

"Keep going," Tim demanded, saliva flying from his mouth. He was heartbroken. The emotion made him do crazy things. Danny understood the feeling. "Tim," she cried, her tears streaming down the sides of her face. "Shut up!" She tried to swallow, but there was no use. Reggie's tears hit her skin as he continued what he was told to do. "Why? You gonna hate me any less? Am I gonna hate myself any less? What do you want?" She punched at his chest, her legs fumbling beneath his weight. She started seeing stars. "Keep going." Sam glanced toward Danielle. Her olive skin was reddened, a vein prominent in her forehead. "I did it. I started the apocalypse." Once those words were past Sam's lips, the restraint around her throat vanished. She gasped for air like a fish out of water, her diaphragm struggling. Reggie stood from his position over her, his eyes moving to Tim.

Tim was smirking. Danny fought the urge to tackle him to the ground. She was tired of being scared of everything. There were monsters roaming earth, and even though most of them were things out of a storybook, some of them were humans. Tim pulled a test tube from his jacket, holding it up. Upon further observation, Danny felt bile rise in her throat. It was the blood he had collected from the demons. She didn't think much of it; she assumed it was just a trophy or souvenir for their horror show of a journey. "Tim..." Her voice was hoarse, small and disbelieving. "What is that?" Sam questioned. Danny stayed where she was on the floor, her chest still heaving as she tried to slow her heart rate. "What do you think it is? It's go-go juice, Sammy boy." Sam sneered.

"Get that away from me." Danny searched the floor for her gun. There was no way Reggie could have swiped it, not when he was too preoccupied with his feelings. Just like she thought, it had been kicked under a table not too far from her. If anyone tried to stop her, she could surely grab it before they did. "Away from you? No. This is for you. Hell if that demon wasn't right as rain. Down the hatch, son." No one noticed her scooting closer to the silver weapon. She eased herself closer, her eyes watching everyone in the room, only meeting Lindsey's eyes. Danny quickly brought her finger to her lips, requiring her silence. "You're insane." Sam's whole body was tense. Danny didn't like seeing him that way. "Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna drink this, Hulk out, and you're gonna waste every one of the demon scum that killed my best friend."

Tim's eyes finally met Danny's. She froze in her spot, her eyes wide. His lips curved into a devilish smirk that made her insides boil with rage and churn with fear. "Or she dies." Instead of Danielle, Reggie handcuffed Lindsey to the bar. He pointed his gun at the girl's head, igniting a terrified whimper. "Don't you dare, Tim," Danny spat. Her fingers were inching toward the gun. She wanted to waste him right then and there, but there was no way she could do it herself. The only time she could even fire her gun was when she was by herself, and it was aimed at a window. Pointing the barrel at a human being was different, and she didn't know if she had the gut to pull the trigger. "You saw how they gutted him, Danny. Don't act like you don't want revenge, too." She squeezed her eyes closed, fighting away the memory. "He was your friend, too."

Reggie and Tim began to advance on Sam, that vial being held teasingly toward the Winchester. "Come on, you know you want it, Sam. Just reach out and take it." Before anyone could do anything, Danny gripped the gun in her hands. She pointed the gun at Reggie and pulled the trigger. The bullet grazed his shoulder, blood surfacing against his shirt. Tim took her breathless moment and charged at her. He gripped the hand that held the gun and twisted it back, his fist coming into contact with her cheek. She felt her cheek split at the contact, blood gushing within her mouth. He didn't stop there. He kicked her chest, her head slamming against the wood floor. "Stop!" Sam shouted before Reggie took him down.

When Tim believed Danielle was no longer a threat, he took his knife and thrusted it through her hand. She let out a pained cry at the pain. "You were his friend, too, Danny. And you just betrayed him." She felt his saliva slap against her face after he spat at her, her eyebrows furrowed. Reggie struggled to restrain Sam, shouting Tim's name. Danny watched as they forced the blood down Sam's throat before dropping him onto the floor. "Sammy," she whispered, her eyes already rolling back at the unbearable pain. She felt herself slowly losing consciousness to the sounds of Sam kicking those guys' asses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190 17 14
Its been a hard few months after Dean had been buried. Myra, Jack and Bobby have been keeping things afloat at the Singer House while Sam had disappe...
21.5K 572 18
Actually thought Dean Winchester and Ness Singer could get away for long? Keep dreaming. A year after they started to live a normal life, they find o...
15.2K 500 24
"Why don't I just end it all now?" I choke. "You've got something holding you back." "Remind me what that is again," I say but it sounds more like a...
Home. By B

Fanfiction

945 47 16
Sam, You, and Dean haven't hunted together in months. But with one phone call, your life changes dramatically. And you realize that you never should...