The Class Reject: A Martyr in...

By XxUCOxX

For Miren Eze, the past six months have been nonstop torture. After all, she doesn't know if she can trust Je... More

A Prelude | Introductions and Answers
A Prelude | The Cast
Act I | The Great Escape
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30 | sometime in the immediate, but unspecified future
31 | approximately four seconds later
32 | sometime before highschool
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Act II | California Screaming
46 | Late Nights in La La Land
IMPORTANT VIDEO AUTHOR'S NOTE
47 | Santa Monica and Other Things That Start With 'S' Pt. 1
48 | Santa Monica and Other Things That Start with 'S' Pt. 2
49 | Malibu
50 | Hollywood Walk of Shame
51 | The Beverly Thrills Hotel Pt.1
52| The Beverly Thrills Hotel Pt.2
VIDEO Q&A FOR OCTOBER 1st
October Video Q&A!
FINALLY OFF OF HIATUS??
Q&A/Disclaimers
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
NEW CHAPTERS STARTING JUNE 1st? Video Below
SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING JUNE 1st - HERE IT IS!!!!
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
69
70
71 | T-minus 7 Days
Book 3 Recap (before 13-chapter update/finale)
72 | T-minus 3 Days
73 | Prom(ise)
74 | Me
75 | That
76 | We Will
77 | Smile
78 | When
79 | It Is
80 | Finally
81 | Over
82
83
84
85
86 | Finale
Class Reject Series Live Stream

68

952 70 5
By XxUCOxX

"You're probably relishing in this moment," Penelope told her fellow captive, as they sat on the floor in an empty room beneath St. Rosemunde's administration building. With not one, but two police officers guarding the room just outside of the regal but rustic wood door. She rubbed her cuffed hands, but felt little ease when Olive scoffed.

"And why would I find any joy in being in a room alone with you?" Her eyes were daggers. "I'm not a lesbian."

"And I thought you were St. Rosamunde's walking conscience. Don't tell me you're homophobic?"

"Don't tell me you think you deserve anyone's pity." Olive shook her head. "Whatever this is, I'm sure I'll be released sooner than later. I can't say the same for you--"

"I know you want to get your next scoop or whatever, but you're playing with people's lives." Penelope gritted her teeth. "Take it from me. I would give anything to take back what I did to Miren. My parents are some of the most powerful people at this school, and even I'm no longer safe. For all you know, there's a reason why Wallace blamed us specifically for the attack."

"Wallace was just talking out of his arse. There is no substance to his claim--for either of us," Olive replied almost too calmly, as if she was as calculated as their accuser. "So calm down and don't say anything stupid."

Penelope just glared at her through glistening eyes. She didn't know why she wanted to cry, but it was obvious they were tip toeing toward a type of truth that would shatter them completely. If Wallace was just covering his ass by blaming them, then that meant there were bigger forces to be worried about.

"We have to get out of here," Penelope whispered to no one in particular. Her eyes then widened and her head snapped toward Olive's direction, to which she beckoned to come closer. With an eye roll, Olive rose to her feet.  The former queen bee proceeded to whisper the secrets of the universe--at least, their escape--in her ear.

A smirk found Olive's lips.

***

It was a rather sobering three hour train ride from the Hartford Union Station to Pennsylvania Station in New York City.

However, Jemma emerged from the train station like a champ, a smile from ear to ear as she breathed in the vibrant, metropolitan air.

"I'm so excited," she said, clasping her hands together. "I just texted my friend Astrid who's a sophomore at NYU and a St. Rosemunde alum. She said we could spend a few nights at her fancy apartment while she's at a research conference. And it's in the heart of Manhattan--her parents are loaded."

"Awesome," Miren said, although not feeling particularly awesome. "Let's get going. Wallace and his family should be staying at The Gusinheim Hotel. We should go there first--"

"And what do you plan on saying to him once we get there?" Jemma said, folding her arms, "If he didn't give you the heads up earlier about his little announcement what makes you think he'll come clean now?"

"I don't care if he refuses to say anything," Miren pushed. "We just need to see him. He's obviously hurt and confused. We basically got his brother expelled and proceeded to ignore his feelings in slew of making out like a bunch of dumb teenagers--"

"But you are a bunch of dumb teenagers," Jemma rationalized as they started for the busy streets. "And no one forced Wallace to help you or break up with his little girlfriend. If he wants to be melodramatic that's his problem."

"Don't tell me you only came here to go prom dress shopping," Jeno said, as he watched Jemma scroll through gowns on her phone. She shrugged.

"And to see Parker. I can see why he's hurting. Even though Roger revoked his expulsion, I can only imagine the toll it must have taken on his college scholarship prospects." She motioned for the subway. "Now come on. Let's drop our stuff off at the apartment first."

With a collective grown, Miren and Jeno started for the girl more conflicted than before.

***

"You think they'll buy the loop of conversation you recorded on your apple watch?" Penelope commented as they walked through the cavernous depths of the tunnel they had found themselves in.

Penelope shrugged in the glow of her phone, trying mostly not to choke from the shifting air of the dusty tunnel. She zipped up her jacket, tucking her nose in it. "There were no cameras in the room, but that doesn't mean we have time to discuss logistics. Idiots didn't realize there was another door in the damn room."

"Or maybe they did, and are waiting at the end of the tunnel," Olive considered. Penelope frowned.

"Remind me to never go on a heist with you."

"Ditto."

The glow of the phone exposed a ladder embedded against a rocky wall. With a sigh, Penelope started toward it, assessing its stability. "Moment of truth. Come on."

Taking a deep breath, Olive followed suit. Her silver dress would forever be ruined.

When they emerged from the cave, they were welcomed by moonlight and greenery. They were in the outdoor theater area equidistant from the Rosemunde and Rinzen campuses. Penelope scratched her head before realizing her hands were caked with dirt and grime. She scowled.

"Alright, what now?"

"We get answers." Olive dusted off her dress.

"Starting with who? Do you know who's responsible for attacking Wallace?"

"Yes and no." Olive started for the greenery. "You think we can get an uber like this?"

Penelope clicked her jaw before following in the sleuth's lead.

***

The apartment was everything one would expect from the stupidly rich. Contemporary and chic. Obviously maintained by a housekeeper with how shiny and put together the loft was.

"It's a one bedroom, so Miren and I can share it." Jemma said, shutting the door behind them. She pointed to the velvet couch. "You get the living room, Jeno."

"I'm eternally grateful," he said, sarcastically before holding his arms. "Now let's go find Wallace."

"Correction," Jemma said, lifting a finger. "You two go find Wallace. Or just enjoy NYC and leave him until tomorrow. You guys wouldn't know fun if it slapped you across the face."

"I'm getting really sick of your attitude," Jeno frowned. " I'm sorry you and Klondike broke up, but we don't need your constant commentary on our relationship."

"Oh yeah?" Jemma raised an eyebrow. "You should be glad I'm only offering commentary. I could go to Roger at any moment and tell him all the shitty things you and your little Revengers have done."

"Go ahead and tell him," Jeno pushed. "I'd like to see him believe you over me."

"You think you have all the answers, don't you?" Jemma shook her head, but she was already to the door. "You don't know the half of anything."

"You should apologize to your sister, Jeno," Miren then said, her eyes, more concerned than tired. "We've made our actions her burden too. And she's responsible for letting us stay in this fancy loft." Her eyes found the cheerleader's. You know he doesn't mean it, Jemma."

"And what if I do?" Jeno said, narrowing his eyes. "You don't get to be nosy and then complain about not liking what you discover. Just go shopping. We'll talk later."

"Fine by me." The door slammed. Miren glared at Jeno.

"What?"" he replied.

"You're lucky to have a sister. Don't let your ego stop you from getting along."

"I know that you've found a friend in Jemma, but that doesn't mean you can completely trust her. She's always acted in her own best interest. Don't let her charisma fool you," he warned her, setting his backpack on the floor.

"And what about you? You're much harder to read than she is and yet I have put all of my trust in you, secrets included." She was standing in front of him now. Her glare would have been more powerful if he didn't have so many inches on her. But she wasn't backing down.

He sighed. "You're right. I'll apologize to her after we check on Wallace."

"Atta boy." She sealed the gap between them, hugging him like a mother would a disgruntled child. "Promise me you'll be on your best behavior for the rest of the trip?"

"It's not my behavior you should be worried about," he assured her, kissing her cheek. "There's a reason Jemma's called the Chaos Queen."

"Right," Miren humored, motioning toward the door. "Let's go see Wallace."

***

"What do you mean Wallace doesn't want to see us?" Miren didn't know why she was yelling, but she was. Between the feuding twins and traveling through the concrete jungle that was the New York City subway system, she was in a mood, and the security guard in front of Wallace's glitzy hotel room was greatly aggravating it.

"I'm sorry, but the Harisson's do not have any planned visitors at this time. And with Master Wallace's interview the other night, it is evident that his and his family's safety needs to be assured at all times," the brick of a man informed them.

Miren groaned. "Can you just tell him that his friends wanted to check in on him? We don't need to speak in private or anything if you're dead set on eavesdropping."

"I stand by what I said earlier. Under no circumstance am I to permit visitors."

Just then, they could hear laughing behind the door. At the very least, Miren could make out Wallace's signature chortle. She rubbed her temple.

"Jesus Christ," she said through her teeth. "If you think we're going to leave, you have another thing coming. So just let us in."

The bodyguard groaned. As if on cue, however, the door opened from the inside. Jemma emerged with a laugh on her lips.

"See you later, Wally. Oh, and Parker--we're on for dinner. You're paying."

"Jemma?" Miren's eyes widened. In the same moment she realized the door was open, before she could reach toward it, the guard shut the door and blocked her path. Drat.

"I swear to God, if you don't move--"

"It's alright Miren," Jeno spoke, standing between her and the guard. "It's obvious Wallace doesn't want to see us as much as security doesn't want to let us in. Although it doesn't explain why he let her in."

"Master Wallace specifically mentioned that any beautiful girl would be allowed entrance," the guard informed them as Jemma blew him a kiss. He in turn blushed like tween meeting a boy band. Miren rolled her eyes. What was she, a troll?

"What did Wallace say?" Miren then said, as Jemma moved past them. "Why did you go see them without us?"

"Because I can do whatever the fuck I want," she said, starting for the elevator. "Now if you excuse me, Miren, I'm going to the Manhattan Mall. I'd invite you, but I know you're stuck babysitting my brother."

"Look Jemma, I'm sorry about earlier," Jeno said rather earnestly. "Now just tell us what's up with Wallace."

Jemma narrowed her eyes at him, her expression unflinching. Miren groaned. They were at an impasse, and God only knew when she'd spill--

"Wallace said he's not mad at either of you, but he doesn't want to be your friends right now and maybe not ever," Jemma finally said, before starting for the elevator. "And if you love him at all, you'll wait until he's ready to speak to you."

"But--" Miren's harsh but pleading glare found the guard. There was no way in hell she was getting through The Rock's long lost brother, but if he had a shred of humanity, he'd let her through. "Please let me talk to him. I need to tell him I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize for anything," Jeno replied instead, shifting in front of her. "You've lost more than him in all of this and he's the one shutting you out. Let's just give him space for now."

Miren's fists clenched, so hard that she was surprised her nails hadn't drawn blood. But then she let go.

And never saw Wallace again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 29.3K 56
Everyone calls her a bad girl, a delinquent and a devil in disguise but no one truly knows her. Meet the insecure Isabella, the girl every guy wants...
1.7K 176 72
{Sequel to: A Mother's Struggle} Make sure you read A Mother's Struggle before starting with this book. Thank you. "Nobody teaches parenting, you jus...
790K 25.5K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
2.2K 396 22
Cover Credit : _internet_queen We are the generation for Christ . we need to be like him we can do all things through Christ who is our source of st...