TOMBOY

Por Bretaughtyou

Sasha Swedenburg is nothing like the 'other girls' and is constantly reminded of that by everyone in her life... Más

TW🏀
🏀THREE
F🏀UR
🏀FIVE
🏀SIX
🏀SEVEN
🏀EIGHT
🏀NINE
🏀TEN
🏀ELEVEN
🏀TWELVE
🏀THIRTEEN
F🏀URTEEN
🏀FIFTEEN
🏀SIXTEEN
🏀SEVENTEEN
🏀 EIGHTEEN
🏀NINETEEN
🏀TWENTY
TWENTY 🏀 NE
TWENTY TW🏀
🏀TWENTY THREE
TWENTY F🏀UR
🏀 TWENTY FIVE
🏀TWENTY SIX
🏀TWENTY SEVEN
🏀TWENTY EIGHT
🏀TWENTY NINE
🏀THIRTY
🏀 THIRTY-ONE
🏀 THIRTY-TWO
Thank you 🧡🏀

🏀NE

47.7K 1.5K 1.4K
Por Bretaughtyou

"Swedenburg makes a clean steal, she is down the court and swoosh, it is in! What a shot, and the crowd goes wild. Ahhhhhh" Sasha exclaimed in a hushed tone, throwing the basketball in the hoop and cheering herself on although in her mind she was in a gym full of people watching her play.

"Sasha, bring your ass in this house. You have school tomorrow!" Her mother shouted from the second floor window.

Sasha looked up, and moved her curly hair out of her face.

"I am ma, just five more minutes"

"I said now!"

Sasha rolled her eyes, and tossed the ball into the garage. If she had to be honest, she wasn't even excited about attending her new high school tomorrow. This was the beginning of her senior year, and while everyone at Fels High School would be cliquy with those they knew since probably ninth grade, she would be the awkward new girl. She made her way around to the front porch, firmly planting her steps as she tried her best not to stomp, because then she would have to hear her mother's mouth again.

"Guess you gotta practice that cross over another night" Her younger brother Ty laughed the moment she walked in.

She rolled her eyes, and instead of responding just made her way up the steps. Ty was one out of her four brothers, and she was unfortunately the only girl in a home full of all men, if you wasn't counting her mom. She locked herself in her small bedroom, and took a deep sigh as she laid back onto her mattress that was still on the floor, making sure to not squish her pet bunny, Star. The small square space was filled with boxes, as she hadn't even bothered to unpack. This was their fourth time moving in a matter of five years, so at that point she got tired of decorating her room. She figured this time around she would keep things simple and not even bother to feel at home, as she was sure her Father would be relocating whenever his job required him to, which was frequently.

"180 days left" she said out loud.

That was the countdown till when she graduated high school, and later went on to college and away from her family. That, she couldn't wait for. They had only been in Philadelphia for a week, however she was already looking for a part time job that way she could save up and have enough to even afford things like college applications or trips to campuses. There was only two things that she looked forward to, school and ball. Anything else she never cared for, and she was convinced that was why she never felt close to any other teenage girls her age. It was definitely hard for her to make friends, and she told herself this year she wouldn't even be trying.

"Sasha, get washed up and ready for dinner" her mother spoke through the door.

Sasha rolled her eyes, "Alright" she responded.

That was another thing she couldn't stand, being treated like a child even though she was almost eighteen years old. She should only have to take a shower if she wanted to, not because she was told. However she didn't fail to listen, and decided to hop in but only because she needed one. She washed her medium length hair, that was thick and unruly, however now manageable as she moved the conditioner through it. She rinsed it out, and put it in a top knot bun to air dry. After throwing on a pair of ball shorts and a wife beater, she headed down the stairs to the dining room to see everyone already crowded around.

"Sorry" she said in a low tone as her mother scolded her.

She squeezed in between Ty and Quan, and they snickered to themselves.

"Bow your heads" her father spoke up, putting down his newspaper.

They all did as he said, and without having to be told they held their hands in prayer.

"Father God, we thank you for this meal that we are about to receive. We pray that it gives us nourishment, and strength. And we thank you, for giving us the means in which we are able to provide for our family. Amen"

"Amen" They all followed up in unison.

The sounds of forks and knives touching their plates began to fill the quiet room, as they all dug into the fried chicken and various sides.

"Joseph, pass me the salt please" Her mother asked, pointing across from her husband.

He did as she asked, and the room grew quiet once more.

Everyone continued to eat their dinner, and Sasha grimaced at the awkward sounds of the smacking amongst the silence. Her family had no personality at all, and she hated it. It was like they barely knew each other.

"Can I go eat in my room?" She asked, ready to dismiss herself.

"Absolutely not. We eat as a family, you know that" Myda, her mother answered quickly.

"We don't act like a family" she muttered, and Ty nudged her with his elbow.

"Ouch" she hissed, nudging him back.

Joseph moved his glasses away from his face, his tired eyes looking over his two middle children.

"Is there a problem?" He asked sternly, and they both shook their heads.

"You all ready for school tomorrow? It'll be Sasha and Quan's last year" Myda spoke over the table, distracting her husband.

She knew sometimes he could get hot headed, and at the moment she wasn't in the mood.

"I am" Quan said excitedly, biting into his chicken.

"What about you Sasha?"

Sasha played with the wild rice on her plate and shrugged, "Not really. I'm hoping I can get on the basketball team though, I looked at the school website and they have a girl's team. I ~"

"Nope, nope. I won't hear it" her mother stopped her, "I do not want you playing that basketball. It's bad enough I can never get you in a dress"

"Why not, Quan gets to play football" Sasha argued.

"And Quan, is going to bring home a scholarship. You're just wasting your time and taking time away from studying" her father interjected, "You need to focus on your grades, because I can't afford to send you to college"

"I get all A's, I don't need help" Sasha said proudly, "I can do school work and play ball. And I'm good at it, everyone says so"

"Yeah, she for sure beats me every time we play" Ty snickered, backing her up.

"Why don't you join the choir if you want an after school activity" Myda said to her daughter.

Sasha shook her head, annoyed. She didn't want to join the choir, she wanted to play ball, but her parents would never hear of it. She knew she would need their signature since she wasn't eighteen yet, and just like every other school she attended they would refuse to sign the slip. She told herself this would be the year, as it was her senior year and last chance to play ball for a school team.

With an appetite that was now gone, she pushed her plate away and excused herself from the table.

"Girl, if you don't sit and eat" her father demanded however she was already halfway out of the dining room.

"I'm not hungry" she shouted back.

She hurried her way up the steps, and closed herself in her room before she was forced to stay downstairs. She fell back onto her bed, and before she could shed a few tears her laptop began to go off. She smiled at the video chat once she rolled over, and pressed answer.

"Ayyy, what up Sash" Chris smiled, his camera grainy due to the bad connection, however she could still make him out.

"Aye how are you?" She grinned, happy to see her best friend from DC calling her.

"On account that school has already started, not so good. But I'm managing, how's school in Philly" he asked, moving his dreads out of his face.

"I haven't started yet, the first day is tomorrow. Try outs are tomorrow too" she responded, twisting her lips.

"Ohh yeahh, so you going for a team this year? Or let me guess, your parents said no"

They shared a knowing look, and Sasha began to hear her father's heavy footsteps.

"I gotta go"

Before Chris could respond, she shut the laptop just in time as Joseph entered her room without a knock. She hated that, because he never knew if she was dressed or not however he never seemed to care.

"Next time that I tell you to finish your dinner, you finish it" he told her sternly, "I don't work to feed a family of six for you to waste it"

"Sorry dad, I just wasn't hungry" Sasha shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. And I know it's really about this basketball mess. I don't want to hear anything about it, got it?"

Sasha nodded solemnly, and was relieved when her father finally left her room. She closed her room door, making sure to lock it behind him. She hated crying, however she couldn't help but to let a few tears go as she laid underneath her striped sheets. Miserable wasn't close to how she felt living with her family. At las, she had 180 days left until she was free to live wherever she chose. She just had to get through this school year, and that alone was a task she wasn't ready for.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

978 19 24
Sasha was a straight A student with a boyfriend ( the captain of the football team ) and she had a great life until she went to a party . She was dr...
1K 174 37
(Undergoing some much needed editing!) Sasha Williams is NOT your stereotypical rich girl who struts about the hallways with Louboutins. All she wa...
258K 8.5K 16
Two girls, two different walks of life, one love story. Dakota Springson was a princess. Not an actual princess, but you know the type. Rich parents...
1K 373 46
A young and innocent girl, bullied and shamed for her complexion, fell in love with a newly admitted classmate in high school. A twist- she had a bes...