Best-Friends with Issues

By Prodigywriter9638

Selena's life is in shambles. Isolated by most of her family, witnessing a lifelong friendship crumbling befo... More

Best-Friends with Issues
Chapter 1- Back to the Beginning
Chapter 2- Caged In
Chapter 3- All's Fair in Love and Bickering
Chapter 4- A Little Bit Ninja
Chapter 5- Train Wreck
Chapter 6- Prison Break
Chapter 7- Hideaway
Chapter 8- Happiness and Other Fleeting Emotions
Chapter 9- Back to Earth
Chapter 10- Shopping Cart of Death
Chapter 11- Fight Club
Chapter 12- Recon Mission
Chapter 14- Till the Fat Lady Sings: A Backseat Story
Chapter 15- The Game Plan
Chapter 16- Confessions of a Runaway Prisoner
Chapter 17- Adventures Are Exhausting
Chapter 18- Pride and Prejudice and Paintball
Chapter 19- First Snow
Chapter 20- Pretty in Pink
Chapter 21- Father from the Truth

Chapter 13- Defeating the Mammoth

62K 2.2K 411
By Prodigywriter9638

~Selena~

How does one normally react to seeing their lover fighting for their life in the middle of an illicit gang hideout, and losing?

Just what action does the author of my life expect me to do? Looking at my situation, there was absolutely no obvious solution that wouldn't either kill someone or send all of my friends to prison. Should I call someone? The police, maybe? The FBI? My mother?

Lilly seemed to be having similar thoughts, by the look of dumbfound on her face.

Alex on the other hand, was cheering enthusiastically alongside a couple of gang members, arms wrapped around each other and beers raised in approval. "Go Mammoth, go! Aim for the less blond twin's face!"

I gave her my best death glare, and she rolled her eyes and reluctantly said goodbye to her new gang friends to rejoin Lilly and me.

"Are all of the males in our group of friends going to die?" Lilly asked, her eyes clearly fixed on Tom's lithe form. Tom weaved clumsily between the Mammoth's heavy punches, looking panicked and very much like an honor student about to get his ass kicked in his first real fight. But at least he was holding his own.

Unlike Jerry, who had taken a fierce kick to the nuts a few moments earlier and was currently curled up on the ground, his face red and looking like he was holding in a squeal.

The only person fighting the Mammoth right now who wasn't embarrassing to watch, was Conner. (Thank god.) He dodged his opponent's massive fists like a pro, occasionally getting in a few jabs of his own. It was easy to tell that out of the three, my boyfriend had the most fighting experience. I couldn't even count all of the fights he had been in over the years- most of them being against my ex-boyfriends.

I could see the girls around the room staring at him hungrily as he fought, and I had to admit that at the moment I couldn't blame them. Conner looked wickedly attractive right now, his dark hair dripping with sweat, and his intense green eyes staring at his opponent with an unbreakable focus. He was shirtless and sweaty, (swoon), and the well defined muscles of his arms and torso were almost making me start to cheer.

Conner ducked under another punch, using his lean and agile form to his advantage, before shooting forwards and landing another punch to the Mammoth's face.

Of course, this only seemed to make the guy angrier. His scowl reminded me of a starving wolf about to dig into a juicy chunk of meat.

I worriedly turned to Lilly, anxiously glancing back at the fight every so often to make sure that my boyfriend wasn't beheaded. "What do we do?"

Lilly sighed, tilting her head up to the ceiling as she thought. "I don't know yet. Although, I always thought that Jerry would have hate sex with Alex at least once, before he was brutally murdered." I nodded in agreement, glancing to where Jerry was still huddled on the floor clutching at his jewels.

"Hmmmm.... About that." Alex gave us a sly smirk, and Lilly and I exchanged an alarmed look.

"No way!" Lilly shouted, eyes wide. My jaw dropped open. "You didn't!"

Alex shrugged. "It's not a big deal. It was only a couple of times."

"There was more than just one time!?" I exclaimed. I certainly hadn't noticed anything different between the two. "How many times are we talking?"

Alex looked thoughtful for a moment, before pulling out her hand to count on her fingers. We waited impatiently as she counted and recounted her fingers, and after she got to the fifth cycle or so, I finally cut in.

"Forget it, I already know too much."

Alex rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest, hips jutting to one side in a perfect sassy pose. All the males in the immediate vicinity were staring.

"What? He may be a douche, but when it comes to sex he sure knows what he's doing."

"Ahhhh!" My hands shot up to my ears.

"You've got problems." Lilly told her bluntly. She turned her attention away from the red head and back to the fighting ring. "Speaking of problems, did anyone think up an amazing plan to save those idiots?"

"I sorta have an idea." I hesitated, because although I did think up of a plan, it certainly wasn't a very good one.

Lilly winced as the Mammoth knocked over Tom with nothing but his overwhelming size, leaving Conner as the only fighter left standing on Team Idiot.

"At this point, anything will do." Lilly concluded. "It's not like things can get any worse."

"I'm holding you to that statement." I warned, before grabbing Alex and making my way towards the ring.

"Alex." I turned my head to look at her as we walked, spotting Lilly hurrying to catch up behind us. "I need you to follow my lead, and then be a total slut."

She scoffed. "Who do you think you're talking to?"

"Fair enough." I concluded, before turned to Lilly, who had caught up to my side. "Can you rescue the twins on Team Idiot?"

She nodded, going into serious mode as she strode towards the fight with a confident purpose.

"Then let's do this, and hope for minimum casualties!"

And so the mission began.

When we reached the ring, I didn't bother hesitating just because my plan was stupid, and one of my absolute worst. And that's saying something.

Instead, I grabbed on to the elevated platform and hoisted myself up- heels and all- with my promiscuously dressed henchwomen at my sides.

The fight immediately stopped, everyone in the ring staring at us in shock. But before they could say anything, I strutted over the the edge of the ring where the referee was standing, snatched his microphone, and turned to the audience.

"Half-time stripper show!"

The response was immediate. The crowd roared with drunken approval as Alex danced to the blaring music that had already been playing. She moved like a true professional stripper, showing off every curve in her cherry red leather unitard and knee-high boots. It reminded me of when I had last seen her dance on a stage such as this, back at her favorite night club in the middle of the day.

"Alexandra's back, bitches!" She cheered with a devious smirk, flipping her glossy red hair.

Lilly rolled her eyes, but was soon moving over to help up Tom. "Lilly?" Tom said hazily, looking dazed from his fall. Jerry was shakily getting to his feet, wincing as he stretched out his groin.

Conner shot to me like a rocket, his hand gripping my arm as he gave me a warning look. "What the hell are you doing here? This is dangerous as fuck!"

I gave him a look that said 'later', before grabbing his hand and shoving him out of the ring. He tumbled onto the ground a few feet below, giving me a glare.

"Get out of here! We'll meet you back at Lilly's car when it's safe!" I told him, before turning back to smile at the crowd.

Lilly followed along, urging the twins out of the ring. Exchanging a reluctant but knowing glance, we made our way next to Alex and started to dance alongside her.

The cheering doubled, and people started crowding around the ring, reaching up with wanting hands that reeked of beer.

I rocked my hips along with the beat, giving the audience a shy smile that supposedly fitted my image. From what I could tell, Lilly was holding her own on the other side of Alex, her face confident and impassive as she danced, looking every bit as much as an ice queen.

However, it was completely obvious that Alex stole the show. She was the star, and we were merely her backup dancers.

When the song cut off, we stopped dancing and the cheering died down. I reached over to where I had placed the microphone, as Lilly and Alex quickly exited the ring.

"Well that was fun, but let's get back to the real show. Enjoy the rest of the fight!" I dropped the microphone and rushed out of the ring as people chattered and returned to their seat, no doubt expecting the match to continue.

"Suckers." I said under my breath as I exited the room, following my friends out to our getaway car.

The three of us rushed to the car as fast as we could in heels, earning more than a few whistles along the way. Seeing how Tom was looking really out of it in the front seat, Alex and I dove into the back seat.

Correction, Alex dove onto the seat, I landed on Jerry's lap.

His hands snaked over my bare thighs, and if I wasn't so tired I surely would have clawed them off of me. "I have to say, I'm liking the outfits. No complaints here."

Conner growled, before snatching me out of Jerry's grip and placing me on his own lap. "Much better." I sighed, snuggling into the warmth of his chest.

Jerry pouted, until Alex slapped the back of his head."Yowch! How many times today have I been beaten up!?"

"Too few." Alex snorted.

Lilly turned on the ignition and was just pulling out of the lot, when another very large man suddenly came sprinting out of the building with his fist raised and a furious look on his face.

Jerry- like the idiot he was- reached over Alex to roll down the window. "It's been real, Greg!"

"It's George!" The man roared in reply, before we drove out of sight.

"Mission complete!" I cheered, and Alex started to yell and dance in her seat like a lunatic.

Honestly, I hadn't expected to make it this far, let alone pull off this truly awful escape plan. I was so happy that I couldn't resist turning to give Conner a loud smooch, before continuing to dance with Alex.

"And we're all alive!" Alex agreed happily.

"Aside from my ability to have children in the future." Jerry said wryly. "And maybe Tom." His twin was still looking really dazed, and I figured that he must have hit his head pretty hard.

But even that couldn't bring me down from my adrenaline buzz. My boyfriend and platonic boy friends were all in one piece, Alex hadn't joined that gang (not even a little!), and even Lilly was back with our little ragtag group. In addition, I was comfortably sitting on my Conner's lap, so I honestly coudn't think of anything ruining my happiness.

That is, until Lilly- always the realist- butted in.

"Now, how are we gonna explain this when we get home?"

~

~~

~~~

~~

~

Mission complete!

So, how was it?

This chapter was super amusing to write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4.3K 67
She's my bestfriend and all I do is keep hurting her. I hate to see her cry, it's the worst feeling ever. Everyday I spend with her I fall in love wi...
182K 6K 39
"What do you mean I have to live in New York?!" "Honey, your grandma is very sick and we have to fly out to Canada to take care of her, but we don't...
560K 23.1K 60
~ Past separated them, now pain will bring them together.~ A teenager Sofia Hayden, experiencing her falling apart family isolated herself slowly fro...
1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...