Chapter 5- Train Wreck

~Conner~

After my little ninja escapade that ended in both failure and embarrassment, I spent the remainder of my day sulking in my room, cursing my bad luck while I glared at the metal bars covering my windows.

I could still hear the sounds of Rose yelling at Sam to stop hitting on her, likely including more than a few death threats here and there. I sighed, relishing in my sisters misery. But even that was only making me feel a little better.

Just when I was feeling slightly less miserable, grateful at the thought that at least I wasn't my sister right now, I heard the sound of someone angry stomping up the stairs. I barely had time to let out a groan before Rose slammed open my door and flung herself at me with a shriek.

I winced as her elbow caught me in the gut. She was glaring at me with enraged eyes of ice and pure evil, and I suddenly feared for my very life.

"You told Sam I was here, didn't you?!" She didn't wait for a response before grabbing my pillow and repeatedly whacking me in the face.

"Hey-" I got cut off by a mouthful of pillow. She lifted it back up to swing it at my face again, and I used the arm that wasn't trapped beneath her leg to block my face. "Cut it out!" I yelled, before she smacked me again.

"This time I'm gonna do it! This time I'm actually going to kill you!" She yelled like a person on the brink of insanity. She raised the pillow above her head with both arms, and I had never realized how terrifying death by pillow could be until now.

"Did I come at a bad time?"

I sighed in relief as Rose turned towards the doorway, momentarily forgetting her attempts at murdering me. If anyone could actually beat someone to death with a pillow, it was her.

"You!" She pointed an accusatory finger at Sam, who had unintentionally come to my rescue.

He only rolled his eyes, and I snorted at the though that he was so used to girls having psychotic breakdowns over him, that it no longer phased him.

"Ugh!" Rose yelled in frustration, grudgingly getting off of me as she stomped towards the door. She stopped when she was in front of Sam, her eyes narrowed scathingly. "I hope you die a horrible, agonizing death!" And with that, she pushed past him and rampaged to her room, making sure to slam the door extra loud to warn off any intruders.

I gave Sam an incredulous look. "What the hell did you do?"

He shrugged. taking a few steps forward as he scrutinized me. "I'll tell you later. But judging by the pathetic tint in your eyes I'm guessing that you didn't get to see my sister, and it looks like you could use a drink." He turned and started back for the door, then looked at me over his shoulder. "You coming? I'll drive."

I didn't even have to think about it.

~~~

"This is such a bad idea." I said as Jerry answered the door. He rolled his eyes, and invited me and Sam inside.

I knew that for once I was right, this was a really bad idea. But at the moment I was far too miserable and lonely to care.

Tom was already laying down on the living room floor, staring up the ceiling with disinterest. "Why am I here again?" He asked as we came to sit around him, not looking away from the ceiling.

Jerry, who was now sitting beside him, ruffled his blond hair with an amused smile. "One, because you're heartbroken over your ex girlfriend who isn't speaking to you and currently hates your guts, and two, because you live here and as your brother it is my twin responsibility to hide the car keys and force you to stay and get wasted with us."