The Wolf and The Dragon (Book...

By Akita_Ninjago

Ninjago, after the events of Series 9 & 10 What had really happened between sessions 9 and 11? Who is the Wol... More

Prologue
The Doctor
Nightmares and Visions
A New Quest
Mini-Cole
The Professor
Origins
Hey Rumi...
Bloodline
Beautiful Bloom {the time traveller dragon}
The Princess Save Me
Healing? now or never...
EVERY ENDING IS ALWAYS A NEW BEGINNING
Some Die, Some Live...
Day of the Departed
Love Birds in the Kitchen
The March of the Oni
Down on memory lane
Following the Sunset
Who is The Dragon?
About Last Night
Kim vs Cole
The Fall
The Might Goddess vs The Master of Water
The Jump
The Brutal Attack
The Master of Wind
Falling into a trap
Code 1: A time-critical event with immediate response required
Ninja GO!
The Genji Twins
All together again
Wine on the rooftop
Sunrise Exercise
Romance or Friendship?
The Wall of Fame
The return of the crazy old Lady
Mistake's Advice and Noodles
The heart of The Quiet One
Surprise! - Meeting the second guardian

Between life and death

206 7 1
By Akita_Ninjago

[Pixal]

-"Yes Master Cole, what's happening?" - I answered Cole distress call.

-"Pixal, I am approaching the monastery with someone badly hurt, she has been attacked by this mysterious man, she is in bad shape."

-"Ok, bring her in, Zane will meet you in the courtyard."

-"Thanks, Pix!"

-"Zane, Cole is about to land, he is bringing in an injury girl, would you please meet him at courtyard? I am preparing for the emergency room."

-"Copy that Pixal"

-"What is happening?" - Misako asked

-"You better come too, we might need you. Cole is bringing in his friend, she is badly injured"

I prepare the room, and as Cole approach carrying her in his arms and Zane shared his scam with me, I realise how serious it was.

-"Cole why you didn't take her to a hospital? I am not sure we have all the resource we will need."

-"She asked me not to do it, she believes she wouldn't be saved, as her attacker have access to hospitals and she believes he wants to kill her."

-"Did you see the attacker?" - Zane asked him

-"Yes, I fought him, he has powers, and he was able to absorb my earth punch, also he vanished in fine air when I was about to get him down."

-"Do you mean like an Oni?"

-"Like an Oni, but looks nothing like one, he looks human."

-"Oni are shapeshifters Cole, they can look like anything they want." - Misako reminds him.

-"What is her name?" - I asked Cole, as he places her at the bed.

-"Kim... Kimberly."- he stays beside her holding to her hand.

-"Misako, do you think Ruby can help us, we have never deal with this level of injury before?" - I asked Misako

-"I don't see why not, I will ask her."

-"Who is Ruby?" - Cole hasn't been home all day, and he missed all the latest event...

-"Ruby is Lloyd's girlfriend." - I answer him while I clean Kimberly's wounds.

-"What? since when Lloyd has a girlfriend?"

-"Since this morning." - Zane answered.

-"Is she the doctor?"- he asked with a smile.

-"Yes, did you know Lloyd was going out with her?"

-"Well, I kind of sensed he would... eventually...." - he stops talking as we heard steps coming into the room, Misako and Ruby.

-"Oh, my world! - That is Kimberly! What's happened to her?" - Ruby looks apprehensive as she exams the wound in the abdomen, straightway she rollover she sleeves and looks around for equipment.

-"Do you know her?" - Cole asked Ruby

-"Yes, I do!" - she answer without getting distracted, washing her hands and turning to me -" You guys have a very impressive theatre. I need gloves please, and have you got an instrument table?" - She uses all the proper terms what is quite strange for the rest, apart of me and Zane. I pass her a pair of gloves and move the instrument table near to her reach.

-"Zane, have you got scams yet?"

-"Yes I will send to the screen for you"

-"Pixal, have you inject any medication on her?" - Ruby asked me noticing I already have put a drip on Kimberly.

-"Only painkiller." - I reply

-"What anaesthetic have you got?"

-"Propofol" - I reply

-"inject 25 milligrams of propofol, please!" She asked me, and turns to Cole -"So Cole, were you with Kimberly, can you tell me exactly what's happened to her?" - Ruby asked Cole, now examining Kimberly's head, and looking into the screen where Zane is projecting the scam.

Everyone looks at each other, impressed by the fact that Ruby hasn't met Cole, yet she knows exactly who he is. Cole starts giving details of what he has witnessed.

-"Was she raped?" - Ruby asked directly to Cole.

-"No, I was there just in time to stop happening."

Ruby is waiting for the anaesthetic to take effect before she removes the daggers from Kimberly's abdomen, she is checking all vital functions while listening attentively to Cole telling the events. After he finishes, Ruby speaks again.

-"OK! Good and bad news - The good one is her head injury is minor, she will recover fast, the bad news is the knife, dagger, has perforated her intestines, meaning we have very little time before her bloodstream is compromised, and that is very risky. Pixal and Zane, I really need the two of you working with me. Misako, I understand you also have medical training, so I will need you to keep Kimberly stable. Cole, this might not be very pleasant to watch, you might want to leave."

-"I am not leaving her, I promise her I would be by her side."

-"as you wish"

Ruby gives each of us instruction, and we all respond to her commands. As she removes the dagger, blood splashes over everywhere, Zane quick help Ruby to stuck the haemorrhage, while I drained the blood, to make possible to Ruby to see. Cole looks as if he is going to faith at any time.

[Ruby]

I had a wonderful afternoon with Lloyd in Moridunum, he helped to finish the living room, put the furniture back in place and my family house is looking perfect now, and I started having second thoughts if I should sell it or no.

I agreed with him to stay in the monastery for a few days so we can speed up my training. I pack a few things and we come back just after watching a beautiful sunset in the rock he saw in his trance. We were back just in time to have dinner all together with everyone else, now far more receptive to my presence than in the morning, I guess that has something to do with Nya. She is nice and very kind to me.

I got to know them a bit better, and I even joining their jokes and games, after dinner Lloyd took me to his room, where I am going to stay, while he moves into Kai room, temporarily, apparently Kai is never around anyway.

He shows me around his room, it is all tidy and clean, we start kissing and he pins me in a wall, exploring my body with desire. We stopped, interrupted by the jokes we can hear just outside the bedroom door. We laughed...

-"Jay and Kai! - Well, I am going to have a shower, and give you some space to settle in, and I will see you later in the lounge" -  He said to me, with a very naughty face, trying to calm himself down after our make out.

-"OK" - I bite my lips, he already knows what I mean by that, he kisses again.

-"Ruby, Ruby-Red I am so in love with you, I can't have enough of your kisses..."

-"Me too, your kisses are so good..."

-"I will go now, OK!?"

-"Go then... I see you later." - he finds hard to leave, and keep coming back and kissing me on a yo-yo motion, we laughed at ourselves.

He leaves the room, and I just start open my bag to get some clean clothes before going for a shower, when I heard the knock on the door.

-"Come in Lloyd!" I said, thinking would be him back already.

-"Is not Lloyd, is me, Misako, I wonder if you could help, we have a medical emergency."

-"Here in the monastery? Who? And What's happening?" - I Said that switching to my medical mode, and immediately following her all the way to the monastery infirmary.

-"The Master of Earth just brought in his friend, she was attacked and has a dagger stuck into her abdomen and a head injury."

-"Why did he brought her here instead of taking her to a hospital?"

-"She would be saved here, her attacker was trying to kill her, she believed he would go after her in the hospital."

-"Do you have medical equipment here?"

-"Yes, quite a bit!"

We entered the medical room, and I was mesmerized to see so many states of the art equipment.

I was shocked to see the girl in the surgical bed is Kimberly, Oliver's assistant, her state suggests she has been victim of rape, I look around and as well as Pixal and Zane, Cole is there close beside Kimberly, holding to her hand and rubbing his finger on her hair, I can see something special between the two of them, he acts towards her very much like a brother instead of a lover.

I start to make questions, while I find my way around the room with Pixal and Zane's help. They are amazing, I would gladly have both of them assisting me in surgeries in the hospital anytime.

Misako is not bad either, she is helping to keep Kimberly stable.

Cole is very pale, I was concerned for him a bit, but he refuses to leave the room.

After I remove the dagger from Kimberly's abdomen, things get really intense, her heartbeat becomes unstable. I give Misako instruction about medication, but the heartbeats do not improve. I am starting to battle between stop her haemorrhage and close the rupture in her intestine, Zane and Pixal are helping, but even so, I can't stabilise her. I start to fear for her life. Suddenly I remember who I am.

-"Misako, would please get Lloyd here for me?"

Everyone look at me without understanding, only Misako knows why I asked for Lloyd.

-"Are you sure you want to do that."

-"It is the fastest and safest way to help her."

-"OK, I am going to get him"

[Lloyd]

I finished my shower and was tempted to go back into my room to find Ruby, and Kai and Sky were tidying up the kitchen.

-"Hey, Lloyd! do want to play?" - Jay asked me.

-"Maybe later Jay!"

I let myself fall onto the sofa, Kai finished what he was doing and join me, hooking his arm against my neck, as he always does to show affection.

-"what do you want to know Kai?"

-"Everything, I want all the details!"

-"Drop it, Kai, leave Lloyd alone" -Sky comes on my rescue.

-"Here Sky, take my place" Jay gives Sky his remote

-"Jay, not fair, I was beating you" Nya protest

-"well, you beat Sky now, I have to join this man-2-man talking here"

-"There will be no 'man-2-man' talking here Jay!" - I said to Jay, trying to get away from Kai.

-"Oh come on little bro, we do have more experience on that matter," Kai claimed.

-"cough cough cough" - Sky exaggerated a 'coughing' elbowing Nya, as the two of them burst into laughter.

-"aha-ha... that is what your women think about your 'experience' " - I mocked at both boys using my fingers to quote experience.

-"Come on girls, what side are you in?" Jay complaints

-"Ruby's , of course..." they both answer together, still laughing.

-"Traitors..." - Kai shouted at the girls "Ok Lloyd, have you reach second base yet?" - he asked me

-"Not your business Kai!" I replied

-"He did! He did!" - Jay screams overexcited

-"NO! I did not!!" - I shouted back, and regretted straightway, realising I shouldn't have said anything, they are all staring at me now -"oh fuck!!"

-"Language!"- Kai tells me off

-"Aww, how cute..." - Sky let go the remote control and come near me, Nya does the same, they both hug me. -"you guys are taking easy... Awww"

-"We are taking our time to get know each other" - I said a bit more confident after receiving the girls support. Kai rolled his eyes and stick his tongue out.

-"That is really sweet!" - Nya said.

-"I don't get you girls!!!! Too slow... Too fast... make your mind up!" - Jay added, also rolling his eyes.

-"Jay, they just start dating, it is nice they are taking time." - Nya tells Jay.

-"Changing subject guys, I haven't seen Cole today, does anyone knows where he is?" - I asked desperate to stop talking about my relationship with Ruby .

-"He went climbing after breakfast. But I haven't seen him after either."

We suddenly interrupted by my Mom.

-"Cole is with Pixal and Zane." Mom answers my question -" Lloyd please come with me, we need you."

-"Hey what is going on?" - I asked mom, standing quickly in my feet and following her towards the infirmary. -"Just a minute Mom, I need to let Ruby know, she will be looking for me in the lounge soon.

-"Ruby? she is already there, son! - We have a medical emergency."

-"Cole?"

-"No, Cole is fine. It is a friend of him, she has been attacked, she is in bad shape, Ruby has been operating on her, but we are having complications, Ruby wants you there."

-"Is she planning to use the healing powers?" - mom nods -"Is it a good idea? Ruby might end up hurt, Mom!"

-"It all depends on how the two of you control the flow back of the power."

We entered the infirmary, Ruby is covered in blood, Zane and Pixal are helping her, Cole is standing beside the girl holding to her hand, he looks very distress, pale and tearful eyes. I look at the girl, and I recognize her.

-"Is that Kimberly, Professor Grey's assistant?" I asked Ruby.

-"Yes, she is."

Ruby is very serious, just like when I first met here. She started to remove her gloves and washed her hands, I look at Cole again, and realised the girl in the bed is the same one he has told me about a few weeks ago when we were talking about love birds in the kitchen, so there was a girl really...

(AN: Chapter 31 - Love birds in the kitchen - if you missed you might want to read, it is all about a chat between Lloyd and Cole, and this chapter has many references that conversation.)

-"Are you all ready?" - Ruby asked me giving me her hand.

-"Yes" - I answer.

I noticed they are all watching us, Ruby slowly touched my hand, as our palms settle the sparkles stops, she then adjusted her grip and hold tide to my hand, I wrap her hand on mine, she closes her eyes, her glowing travel all the way from the hand I am holding to her free hand, she opens her eyes, but they are pure light, suddenly her entire body irradiated platinum light, we all have to close our eyes and slowly open again adjusting to her light.

Ruby places her free hand in Kimberly wound, and the radiation travels inside the girl's body, the open wound slowly respond to the healing and start to disappear before our eyes, I have all my attention on Ruby. In less than two minutes the wound completely disappears, and the heartbeats stabilised. I can feel the energy Ruby is holding coming back to me in such a speed, I try to contain, Ruby is also tensing her body, she turns her face to me, and I see she is struggling.

-"Ruby, breath!" - Mom tells her... and she tries to, but her body collapsed. - I catch her up in my arms.

-"Is she alright?" - Zane asked

-"What's happened to her?" - Pixal added

-"She will be fine" - Mom tells them -" She is still learning how to control their powers, it wears her out, but she will be alright soon."

-"Zane, a bit of ice here please" - I hold her burned hand to Zane and he iced it.

I lay her down in the other bed, just next door to the emergency room, and stay beside her touching her face. I place the back of her burned hand on mine. She soon regains her sense, and smile at me, her skin started to glow again making her hand healing just by resting on the top of mine.

-"Have we done?" - She asked me

-"Zane is running another scam, but her heart beating is back to normal. You did save another life"

-"We did" - she kissed me, lifting herself up and walking back to the emergency room. She is totally in her doctor mode.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 261 39
(Takes place during March of the Oni) (Book Cover is mine! Please don't take it without permission!) Lloyd is the green ninja and Harumi is the Quie...
66.4K 2.2K 31
When an unexpected competitor arrives at the tournament of elements, y/n realizes that her and the ninja are in more danger than they realize. Instea...
3K 62 9
Lloyd finds himself facing old enemies, but perhaps one of them will turn out to be a friend. Crystallised rewrite focusing on Lloyd and Harumi's ch...
43K 924 30
(Tw- Language) •☆ "I will always love you... No matter what, Lloyd. But promise me that you will protect Ninjago and our friends." "I promise..."☆• ☆...