GDI goes to Remnant

By XwarCommander1230

After Jaune was being exposed of his fake transcript by Cardin, he's being teleport to the world where tibari... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Atlas & White fang units
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Choice
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 5

6.4K 70 84
By XwarCommander1230

After hearing from Roman about the information, Jaune said on Smartscroll.

Jaune: Thank you. I'll send transport to pick you guys up and take you to my colonized nation... Goodbye...

He hangs up his phone and goes to the holographic screen to check any records about Cinder and her minions. He checks the names available in Beacon or other academies to see where they come from. He finds a record of student names in Haven. Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald are part of the list, which is fake. He senses something might happen to his friends at Beacon while he's away for many years. Anyway, he focuses on those three names that pose a threat to every kingdom and academy, including GDI. He then calls Robert, Peter, and Nova to come to his room.

Robert, Peter, and Nova come in as Jaune addresses them.

Jaune: Friends, I got a report from my spy that Cinder is going to the CCT tower at Beacon Academy to hack a system for something. They are already at the academy. I don't know what she's planning, but we can't let that happen, can we?

Robert: Nope!

Peter: Uh-huh.

Nova: Negative.

Jaune: Then, it came to my attention that we're going to Beacon Academy in the nighttime. It's Beacon dance tonight, which gives us time to get there while everyone inside is distracted. We'll go there, secure the computer, and get the hell out. That is all.

Nova: Okay. But what if we encounter her?

Jaune: Then we set up an ambush for her. If we can knock her out, we could take her into custody. We have one shot at this. Prepare your gear and get ready to move out at night.

Robert/Peter/Nova: Yes, sir!

They salute him and leave to prepare for tonight. Before they depart, a faunus soldier comes quickly through the door and says,

Male Faunus Rifleman: S-Sir. We have a problem.

Jaune: Is it Atlas?

Male Faunus Rifleman: No. Someone took pictures at the front gate, and we spotted him, so we chased him into the forest.

Jaune: And then what happened?

Male Faunus Rifleman: He got away. I don't know which kingdom he belongs to, but he got away. I'm sorry, sir.

Jaune: It's alright. Thank you for telling me. Dismissed.

The soldier salutes and leaves. Jaune and his friends are now concerned about an unknown man who has a picture of their front gate, which leads to the entrance of his nation. It's only a matter of time before he reveals it to all the remnants of their existence. Robert asks him,

Robert: Jaune. What are we doing now?

Jaune: sigh There's nothing we can do now. It's only a matter of time before they find us. We'll continue this mission. And like I said, dismissed.

They nod and leave to prepare their gear and weapons. Jaune feels tired after a long day, so he takes a rest for a while before embarking on his mission tonight.

...

Ozpin is sitting in his chair, waiting for someone to come to his room. He waits for several hours until the elevator opens, revealing a black-haired man wearing the attire of a huntsman. The man enters his office, and Ozpin greets him.

Ozpin: Ah! Qrow, you came back.

Qrow grabs his alcohol, takes a drink, and then says,

Qrow: Here you go, Oz. I've got their location, although I was able to escape before they could capture me.

Ozpin: It seems like they don't want to reveal themselves. Anyway, show me.

Qrow drops his scroll on the desk, displaying a hologram showing an image of a large wall with defenses. Ozpin is surprised to see the strange defenses set up to protect their place from Grimms or any other threats. Qrow finishes his drink and continues,

Qrow: I wasn't able to get to the other side of the wall, not with their guns aimed at it. I saw it with my own eyes, so I fled.

Ozpin: Hmm... They do have a lot of security to protect their homes. Qrow, where exactly did you find them?

Qrow: At the island shaped like a dragon, though it hadn't been colonized by other kingdoms, especially Vale until they did. Ozpin, if they are the ones who raided and killed those White Fang members at the warehouse, are you sure we are going there?

He takes a sip of his mug and then says,

Ozpin: I'm sure of it. We will talk to them without resorting to violence. Also, do not inform Ironwood about this.

Qrow: Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Ozpin: Good. For now, we'll be having a Beacon dance tonight. Let's have fun, shall we?

Qrow: If you say so, Oz. But I warn you, they can shoot through auras, so be cautious.

He takes another drink and heads to the elevator to leave the tower. Ozpin gazes at the dragon-shaped island, wondering who they are and why they are hiding from other kingdoms. His questions can wait, as the Beacon dance is starting tonight, and he's preparing for the event. However, before that, he finds himself thinking about Jaune after he ran away from his academy. Worry crosses his face as he mutters to himself,

Ozpin: Jaune, where are you?

Timeskip

It's nighttime, and everyone is having fun at the Beacon dance. Teachers are engaged in conversations, and students, especially those from other academies, are dancing and enjoying themselves. However, not everyone is in high spirits. Team RWBY, CFVY, SSSN, and (J)NPR are still mourning the loss of their friend Jaune. The news about the recovery of Jaune's blood-covered sword and shield has left them shocked and grief-stricken. The atmosphere is somber, and they can't bring themselves to enjoy the festivities. Nightmares about Jaune's death haunt them.

Weiss, who had scolded Jaune, carries a heavy burden of guilt, and her friends, except Ruby, Yang, and Blake, have distanced themselves from her. Despite the belief of Ruby, Yang, and Blake that Weiss can be forgiven, the weight of the situation still lingers.

Meanwhile, Ozpin, Glynda, and Ironwood are engaged in a conversation about the plans for the Vytal Festival scheduled for the following week.

Boys approach Pyrrha, wanting to offer her a dance, but she declines. Sitting alone, she longs to see Jaune, whom she had a crush on, but the opportunity is forever lost. Tears stream down her cheek. Velvet notices her sadness and offers a napkin to wipe her tears.

Velvet: Here.

Pyrrha takes the napkin and expresses her gratitude.

Pyrrha: Thank you...

Velvet: You're welcome... Um, do you miss him?

Pyrrha: Yes... I-I wanted to say something to him, but he's gone. My leader is gone, all because Cardin exposed his fake transcript to everyone after he saved him from the Ursa. I wish that bastard were dead.

Pyrrha speaks with anger, and Velvet hugs her to provide comfort.

Velvet: Don't say that. What would Jaune think of you?

Pyrrha: I-I don't know anymore...

Velvet: He wanted you to be happy, to stay strong for your team. He did protect me from Cardin when he tried to pull my ears. He cares about faunus and believes that one day, both humans and faunus will be equal as one. That's what he told me.

Pyrrha giggles at the memory of Jaune defending Velvet from Cardin and his team's attempts to bully her. She smiles and expresses her thanks.

Pyrrha: Thank you, Velvet.

Velvet: You're welcome. Now, come on. Let's go and dance with us.

Pyrrha nods, following Velvet to her team to find solace and have fun together. Unbeknownst to them, there is a surprise guest, and no one will discover their identity.

...

Mission objective: Enter the tower and secure the computer

Bonus objective: Capture Cinder if possible

At the tower, while everyone is inside the school having a dance, an Atlesian guard patrols the area. Suddenly, Peter knocks out the guard and hides him in the bushes. Peter whistles, signaling Jaune and his team. Jaune, Robert, Nova, Peter, 8 riflemen squads, and 3 zone raiders (Tiberium twilight) are gathered for the operation. A zone raider looks at the unconscious Atlesian guard and comments,

Zone Raider: What kind of guys are these? Trying to play soldier?

Male Faunus Rifleman: Well, they are a bunch of guys that are stupid and don't do their jobs properly.

Human Rifleman: I agree.

Jaune: Everyone, stay quiet. Let's go.

They follow their commander as they enter the tower, encountering more guards. One guard notices them and commands,

Atlesian Guard: Hey! Stop right there!

As the guard is about to draw his pistol, zone raiders use their jetpacks to intervene. One of them disarms the guard and kicks him in the stomach. Another draws a sword, but Jaune engages him in hand-to-hand combat and knocks him out. Both zone raiders efficiently take down the guards. Jaune's team follows him to the elevator. When it opens, two more guards are inside. Jaune and his team point their weapons, ordering them to get out. The guards comply, and Jaune's team knocks them out. They proceed to the computer room, with 8 riflemen squads checking for enemies hiding and zone raiders guarding the elevator. Nova secures the computer and types in the data. Jaune instructs her,

Jaune: Nova, is the computer secured?

Nova: Yes, sir. It takes time to finish. In the meantime, we should be ready when she gets here.

Jaune: Right. Everyone, get to your positions! Cinder is a dangerous person, and she won't likely surrender. Now, move!

They respond by taking hiding positions. Robert watches the window to monitor Cinder's arrival, and Peter protects his girlfriend. Jaune reflects on the torments and neglect he endured at Beacon, especially from Weiss, who scolded him for lying. He clenches his fist, feeling the anger build up.

Jaune (thoughts): 'Cardin, Weiss, and every student of Beacon, if I wasn't being merciful, then I would turn this place into dust.'

He vocalizes his thoughts. Robert puts a hand on Jaune's shoulder, saying,

Robert: Hey... Whatever happens to you, we'll be standing with you. We're your family.

Jaune: Thanks, bro.

He smiles to uplift himself. They turn their attention to the window, spotting a woman in a black dress heading to the tower. Jaune shouts to his comrades,

Jaune: Everyone! She's here. Prepare for your positions. Nova, is it done?

Nova: Almost... Got it!

Jaune: Good. Get to your positions!

They respond by taking their hiding positions, ready for an ambush. Jaune joins them, waiting for Cinder to reach the tower.

...

After dancing with Velvet and her friends, she needed some fresh air outside. As she went outdoors to clear her mind, she noticed Ruby walking towards the tower and decided to follow her.

...

Cinder heads to the tower to hack into the computer as part of her plan. She looks around for guards but doesn't spot any, so she confidently enters the tower. Surprisingly, there are no guards inside either. Despite feeling that something might be wrong, she proceeds with her plan. Cinder enters the elevator and ascends to the tower. Once there, everything seems eerily quiet. Cinder scans the area for any unexpected guests but finds no one, so she proceeds to the computer.

Unknown to her, Jaune is waiting for his signal, and his comrades are ready with their weapons. Jaune signals them, and they all reveal themselves, pointing their guns at Cinder. She is taken aback by the unexpected guests. Jaune grabs his new sword and shield, provided by GDI, prepared to face her. Robert and his comrades keep their weapons trained on her. Cinder appears surprised, realizing they are the ones who raided the White Fang warehouse. She speaks to their leader.

Cinder: You must be the unknown group that raided the White Fang warehouse and killed all of them.

Jaune: Yeah, that's us. But we captured some of them and took them into custody.

Cinder: Seems interesting. Your weapons can penetrate people's auras. Maybe you can jo—

Jaune cuts her off, pointing his sword at her.

Jaune: We don't negotiate with criminals and terrorists like you.

Cinder: Shame... Guess you and your men will die here.

She said as she summoned her double-bladed swords and moved to attack him. Jaune blocked her with his shield, and his men opened fire at her. She dodged the bullets in a backflip and used fire against them. A zone raider fired at her with a laser cutter, and she used her jetpack to jump over him, kicking at him, but Cinder managed to avoid it. Nova entered the action by swinging her combat knife at Cinder's face, leaving a scar. Cinder looked at the female cat Faunus as she swung her sword at her, but Nova backed away to avoid it. Jaune sprinted at her and attacked with his sword. Cinder blocked his sword, then kicked him in the stomach. Robert fired his rifle at her, but she deflected it with her hand, shocking him. She then summoned a bow and arrows, shooting at them. They went into hiding from the arrows, then Peter shot at her arm with his sniper rifle. Her arm was hit as Jaune punched her. She got punched, and she went back to the terminal. She used dust manipulation, blasting at him. Jaune used his shield to block it, then tried to hit her, but she slipped away and headed towards the elevator. Jaune's men fired at her, hitting her leg with Peter's sniper rifle, but she managed to escape as she entered the elevator. Jaune, Robert, and the zone raiders took a shortcut by bursting through the window and using jetpacks to land on the ground, while Nova, Peter, and the riflemen squad took an elevator to the ground floor.

As Cinder made it out of the tower, her shoulder and leg were bleeding as she kept running until Jaune and the others landed on their feet. She stopped to see them pointing their weapons at her. Jaune stepped forward and said to her,

Jaune: Give up, Cinder! Surrender now!

She clenched her teeth, determined to kill the unknown group's leader. So she summoned double-blade swords again to fight, and this time Jaune would fight her alone. Robert and his zone raiders stood back as both Cinder and Jaune prepared for a one-on-one fight. Jaune swung his sword at her, but she blocked it. They engaged in combat, with Jaune blocking every attack and eventually delivering a kick to her stomach. Despite her injuries, Cinder fought back, using fire and attempting to land kicks on Jaune. Robert and the zone raiders observed from a distance, while Nova, Peter, and the riflemen squad took an elevator to the ground floor.

Cinder managed to land a kick to Jaune's face, causing his visor to crack, and his helmet was removed. Recognizing him from the news before, she smirked and said,

Cinder: So... It isn't Jaune Arc. I've heard you've gone missing in the past few months. How were you able to meet those people?

Jaune: It doesn't matter... You will never succeed in your scheme. We will defeat you for what you have done.

Cinder: Hmph... I don't think you can take me alive.

She raised her hand to conjure fire, ready to attack him. Suddenly, someone shot her, but her aura protected her. They turned around to see a red little girl with a red dress wielding a crescent rose. Jaune recognized her before. It was Ruby Rose, pointing her sniper-mode crescent rose at Cinder and shouting.

Ruby: Leave him alone!

Cinder had no time to deal with both sides, so she attacked Jaune while he was distracted and then ran away from them. Robert and the zone raiders wanted to shoot her, but they might attract attention from the people inside the academy, so they lowered their guns. Cinder disappeared from the scene.

Once it was over, Peter and the others made it out of the tower to see everyone was okay except Cinder was nowhere to be seen. Robert called V-15 Ox to pick them up. As for Jaune, he stared at Ruby, seeing Jaune still alive and wearing a suit. He said to her,

Jaune: Hey Ruby, how are you?

She didn't say a word, instead using her semblance to rush to him and hug him, expressing her happiness.

Ruby: Jaune! I-I thought you were dead.

Jaune: I know... Sorry for being gone for a long time.

He hugged her back. Suddenly, he noticed someone was following them. He saw someone, a red-haired woman wearing a red dress. He observed her shocked expression upon seeing him again after his disappearance. Then, she said,

Pyrrha: J-Jaune... Is that you?

She waited for his response until he said,

Jaune: Yes. It's me...

He said. She ran towards him with high heels, hugging him tightly.

Pyrrha: J-Jaune... I-I missed you!

Tears ran down her face as Jaune responded to her.

Jaune: Yeah... I missed you too.

He hugged her back. Ruby was happy to see them reunited. Pyrrha let go of the hug and violently slapped him on his face, surprising Ruby.

Pyrrha: Where were you? You just ran away from Beacon. We heard the news that they found your sword and shield covered in blood. A-A-And I thought we lost you. Now, you just show yourself. You're a jerk.

Jaune: Yeah... I deserve that. Sorry for making you worry.

Pyrrha: Yes. But...

She then smiled and said to him,

Pyrrha: You are my jerk.

She hugged him once more as he hugged her back. Then, Robert came to him, tapping his shoulder to get his attention. He said to him,

Robert: Jaune, we're gonna go. Ironwood and his men will be here at any moment.

Jaune: Okay. Just get your men inside a transport.

Robert: Roger that. Oh, hi Ruby.

Ruby: Hello.

She waved at him before he went to the V-35 Ox ship. She let go of him, and he said to them.

Jaune: Look, I know you miss me so much. But I have to leave.

Ruby: But why? We wanted you to come back.

Pyrrha: What about your friends? We still care about you.

Jaune: sigh I know... But I'm a commander and a leader of GDI colonizing the island to protect innocent lives. They needed me more than ever.

Ruby: Okay... But who is the lady that you guys attacked with? And what were you doing here?

Jaune: It's classified. But for what you know, she's planning to hack the system for a reason, but we were able to get here first before she could access the computer.

Ruby: Um, did you guys knock those guards out?

Jaune: Yes. We don't trust Atlas so much, so we must remain hidden. Here, I want you to have this...

He gave them two Smartscrolls, and they were amazed to see the new design of the scroll. He said to them,

Jaune: You can contact me anytime you need. Right now, I have to go. Also, don't tell anyone about this, especially Atlas.

He said as he went to the ship before his arm was grabbed by Pyrrha. She said to him,

Pyrrha: Jaune, promise me you will come back with us again.

Jaune: I will...

She let go of him as he headed to the ship and went at full speed.

Pyrrha POV

I saw Jaune go to his ship with his men and fly away from here. We looked at each other's faces, then we examined the new scroll that Jaune gave to us. We heard footsteps from behind, so we quickly hid it. General Ironwood, along with his men, arrived, and he said to us,

Ironwood: Girls, what are you doing here? Care to explain?

I was about to speak first, but Ruby beat me to it.

Ruby: I-I saw a lady wearing a black dress headed here, so I followed her. When I discovered what she was planning, I fought her, and then she jumped out of the window. I arrived here when I saw Pyrrha standing, and the lady was no longer here.

Ironwood: I see... Then what were you doing here, Ms. Nikos?

I cleared my throat, preparing to lie to him. I didn't want Ironwood to know if Jaune was involved, so I fabricated a story.

Pyrrha: I went outside for some fresh air when I saw Ruby heading to the tower, so I followed her.

Ironwood: Hmm... Very well. Guards, search the area.

Atlesian soldier: Yes, sir.

The guards went inside the tower to check if everything was in order. We were relieved that Ironwood didn't know Jaune was here. I just hoped we could find out if he was alright with those people.

Mission objective: complete

Bonus objective: Failed

...

Cinder made it to her dorm, and her injuries were getting worse. She wrapped bandages around her shoulder and leg to stop the bleeding. Emerald and Mercury entered the room, visibly shocked. Emerald approached her, asking,

Emerald: My God! What happened to you?

Cinder: What happened? It's that blonde boy named Jaune who disappeared in Beacon Academy.

Mercury: You mean that guy?

Emerald: You mean he was here before you went there?

Cinder: Yes. But he's not alone; he has his men waiting to ambush me. They got me there, but I managed to escape.

Mercury: So... Now what?

Cinder stood up from her bed and said,

Cinder: Now... We wait for the White Fang to complete a mission for us.

Emerald: But what about that boy and his men?

Cinder: Maybe they will handle themselves. Besides...

She lit a fire in her hand as she continued,

Cinder: I will have Fall Maiden power, so I can destroy this academy. Especially Jaune's men. They won't stand a chance against me.

She said with a smirk, extinguishing the fire in her hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

903 25 11
Pokemon have been around since mankind could recall walking on the surface of Remnant. They are everywhere on the land, in the sky, and even in the s...
4.8K 81 11
It appears you and your teammate have made it to Argust but getting the help from the people for Atlas is gonna he that easy. You have fight your way...
23.9K 544 30
Remnant is the future-fantasy world of RWBY, with airships, gadgets, high-tech weaponry, and a form of natural energy called Dust, existing side by s...
9.8K 150 18
After Remnant is destroyed, the Remainder of WBY and their friends and family are sent to a new world, where they find someone who they though was lo...