A Jerk named Haruto | Hajeong...

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo wherein Park Jeongwoo is a son of a maid working for the "... More

Introduction
[1] The "Kangs"
[2] Monarchical Table
[3] Hungry Kangs
[4] Busan
[5] Iksan
Changes
[6] First Day
New mashikyu au
[7] A little unwell
[8] Equivalent exchange
[9] Rules
[10] Unofficially official
[11] Slave n' Master
[12] Play Dumb
[13] The bitchy code
[14] Chasing Pavements
✾ Special Chapter [Mashikyu]
✾ Special Chapter [Typical Kangs]
[15] Connected Locks
[16] Your lips on mine
[17] Salt n' Sugar
[18] Comfort Zone
[19] Dauntless
[20] Stars over us
[21] Couples of Troubles
[22] Couples of Troubles 2
[23] Rainy Cuddles
[24] The Absence of his Presence
[25] Untold phrase
[26] Lie to me
[27] Way back home
[28] Cold boundaries
✾ Special Chapter
[30] Marry me?
[31] Venture
[32] Dumb and Dumber
[33] Boundless
[34] If I stay
[35] Hidden
[36] Tables turned
[37] Unwrapping the secrets
[38] Reasons why
[39] Home
[40] Sacrifice
Epilogue

[29] Warmly Cold

4.2K 303 46
By itsbaejinjja

                    ➷ Third Person

"I did not expect to see this. They keep ignoring each other when they both know it wasn't supposed to be that way."

The usual expressionless Japanese sighed and face-palmed. A look of disbelief shown on his face. Exactly 24 hours passed since the two talked to each other. Different assumptions and wild guesses are shared by the Kang cousins as they observe how the two are giving cold shoulders to each other. An unusual response for a couple who have not seen each other for exactly one week and a few days.

"I wonder why they fought." Yoshinori commented. They are currently at the pool area to ease boredom, classes are cancelled due to some unknown reason. The only thing that made them busy is their small arguments about the pretend couple.

"Must be because Jeongwoo did not go home last time."

"I heard he slept in Junghwan's penthouse."

"The kid keep him accompanied while haru is away."

"Its just jealousy, they are only making a big deal out of it."

As for jeongwoo who have been watching the older obliviously. He felt stupid for saying all of the things he said last night, as much as want to take his words back, it would be difficult now that they're giving cold shoulders to one another. What happened last night is something he never expected to happen. To think that they haven't seen each other for a week and a few days, its an opposite response.

While the tall japanese had his mind occupied by variety of thoughts. He stayed inside the secret room the whole night— trying to sort out his thoughts and clear his mind. But it doesn't make the situation any better, instead, it brings back memories. He didn't know what haunts him more, is it the memories or the delighted person he used to be? He wouldn't want to deny the fact that jeongwoo gave a sudden light to his gloomy world but he's not sure if that's enough reason to let go.

Haruto closed his eyes and again, memories started forming on his head.

"What if uncle Daniel scold me for doing this?"

"Ey, that's no fun haru. Come on."

"Hyung im nervous, let's just go to a fine dining."

"But haru, don't you want to try this with me?"

"Hyung—"

"I see, you don't trust me. Alright let's just go."

"No! Hyung it's not like that."

".............."

"H-hyung."

"..........."

"Aish, alright let's try this one."

"REALLY?"

"Yeah. You're so hard headed hyung, when uncle Daniel gets mad you should defend me."

"Alright, alright."

They shared bunch of laughters, genuine smiles that portrays their happiness of spending time with each other. As if leaving the world to seize euphoria. It was perfect, no one predicted it would end cruel.

"It would have been better if he didn't lied." Haruto unconsciously voiced out, his eyes resting on the small light emitted from the smartphone.

The disheartened Korean cast his gaze towards the Japanese. Is he referring to me? Jeongwoo thought to himself, his lips forming into a pout. He didn't want to lie, he's just afraid of Haruto's reaction. He was supposed to explain himself last night but things didn't go well, he initiated to take a break and now he regrets it.

                                ;

Eyes glaring and sending fires right to his direction. The tall japanese gulped for the third time, Daniel called for him in the house office and Haruto prepared himself for a long scolding.

"Why did you left them, Watanabe Haruto?" Haruto bit his lower lips. Come clean or die, he need to choose the right path.

"I'm dying to see jeongwoo." Come clean.

Kang Daniel grinned. What an answer, unexpected but not surprising. Slowly nodding his head as he comfortably leaned back at the swivel chair. "You should have brought Seongwu with you."

The Japanese's eyes widen in surprised. "Are you serious? Aren't you supposed to scold me or s—"

"I'm too sleepy to give a one-hour lecture. Maybe next time, what did you guys accomplished so far?" Daniel cut him off. Haruto show off a proud grin before he explained all the things that they did for the past week.

"And i already have a word with the Executive, he will surely agree to my proposal, hyung. My offer is the most profitable sht in this galaxy, even Cadbury aliens would agree to it." The Japanese stated, Daniel rolled his eyes for a second. He shifted his gaze on the bright screen of his Macintosh and soon gave it back to the younger. Arms folding over his chest and feet tapping against the cold marble floor.

"What about the Amicable settlement? Did they sign it?" As if an automated response, Haruto scratch the back of his head— avoiding the death glares of his uncle.

Daniel read the Japanese's body language, he doesn't need any explanation to know the answer. His hands run on his silky hair before pulling it in frustration. "Seriously Haruto, I'll die young because of you. You already had a word with him! You should have ask him to sign the freaking amicable settlement!" 

In this kind of situation Haruto usually escape by playing like a kicked puppy that usually works for the softhearted CEO. Haruto fiddle with his fingers, lips curve into a pout, wearing his defeated expression. The older sighed, he has no choice. That's it.

"I swear to hell Haruto, if we didn't get them into business i'll break your bones and boil it using the water from the swimming pool." Daniel threatened. The Japanese bow his head and whispered apologies. Promising to make it up and do bettet next time.

After the business talk, Kang Daniel started asking things about the real deal between Jeongwoo and Haruto. Fingers drumming against the table as the oldest of the two waits for the Japanese's response. Haruto let out an exhausted sigh.

"He asked for a temporary schism." Haruto reasoned the young japanese. The head of the main house stared at him in disapproval.

"And you agreed? You came all the way from Transylvania to Seoul just to agree on a schism? Come on, you can do better than this, Haruto." Kang Daniel announced, his voice shows a hint of annoyance and dissatisfaction. 

Even before haruto attempted to defend himself, Daniel already smack his head that made the tall japanese to groan in slight pain.

"Uncle Hyung!" exclaimed the younger, Daniel glared at him for a second followed by slow shaking of his head as he massage his temples.

This is not the way i want it to be.

"Go and make up with him stupid." Daniel ordered, haruto's eyes widen in surprise. From his perspective, Daniel is just being ridiculous. Why would he bother to spare time for a schism of a pretend couple? And Haruto wonders why something unreal affects him so much.

"I can't—"

Daniel was about to smack him real hard for the second time when he stopped it by exclaiming. "I respect his decision!"

The older stared at him in amusement, brows creased as if mocking him. "When did you start learning about such thing Haruto?"

"Hyung, i know im a jerk but i cared for him."

"Really?"

"Yes." Haruto answered firmly. For someone Daniel considered as his own son, he knows the young japanese is being sincere. But the thing about sincerity is the truth that it goes along with actions and not only proclamation of words. Without action it would be meaningless and without words it would be confusing. You need to give both.

Kang Daniel offered a challenging smile as he stated. "Then show him, tell him."

The younger heave a deep sigh. Chin resting on his palm and his eyes consist of mix emotions yet to be unveil. And yet, Daniel is reading him like an open book. He may or may not know exactly how the younger feels but he already has a hunch. Our past has a big role in our present and especially in our future but we should never let it control and take over us. We learned things while we're at it, things that we are bound to use in order to make our present right.

"Do you think i deserve to love and try again hyung?"

Words that slip the Japanese's mouth was heavy and full of worry. He's clearly asking something that every man in this world deserves. "You are not your past Haruto, it's just a part of you. Keep that in mind."

"K-keita." Haruto muttered in a low voice, almost choking on his breath because of the unmentioned name for heaven knows how long.

Daniel examined Haruto's expression. After all, he's still the same naive and fainthearted person. The older knew exactly where the conversation is going, but he want to go along with it. Let it slip on his own mouth. Let Haruto confess his unsaid thoughts.

"Did you even know how hard it was, hyung? I blame myself almost every night. Thinking millions of 'what ifs', hoping that magics do exist, in that way i could go back and fix my past." haruto's voice started to crack, it was almost inaudible. Biting his lower lip to repress tears he have been holding back since then.

"Life does not have an eraser Haruto. You did what you did, you said what you said, and you can't do anything about it. You are only left with a choice to stand for it until the end or admit that you are at fault. It was unfortunate how life let us commit wrong choices and still brings us the to right direction— vice versa." 

The Japanese was in dazed. He understands but his mind is not cooperating. "No one knows how much i cried that night. Its not that no one cares, but no one spared time to listen."

"You need to let go and forgive yourself, dumbass." Daniel stated offering a tired smile to the younger. The Japanese look up with a small smile, he already got the message. The older chuckled that made the Japanese bury his face on his palm, his cheeks and ears burning in red.

Haruto stood up and pat his pants before he met the older's eyes. "Alright thanks uncle hyung. I'm going now."

Soft laughters echoed in the four corners of the house office. The head of the main house nod with a toothy and childish smile. "Go and make disciples, Haruto."

Haruto bowed and before he finally left the room, Daniel reminded. "You should pay a visit to Keita. Bring jeongwoo with you, im sure he would be glad and giddy to see the both of you. And if you do, don't forget to bring some fruits."

The Japanese nodded at the reminder as he raised an okay sign. As soon as Haruto left the room, he immediately went downstairs and look for jeongwoo who is nowhere in sight. Minutes of looking around before Haruto find out that the younger went out with Yeongue. He sighed and settled at the soft mattress of the velvety couch. A loud ringing of his phone break the silence of the medieval designed living room.

Seongwu-hyung calling..........

"Oh crap."

Haruto inhaled softly and exhaled heavily. Now he need to set aside everything for a few minutes, get into business before dealing with the real one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 1.4K 54
SYPNOSIS: Park Jeongwoo, a hopeless and mentally unstable young man who was trying to explore the things he likes as well as the things that would br...
11K 538 28
[COMPLETED]✔️ Y/N: Who is he? Lin: He is CAMPUS BAD BOY. More like a PLAYBOY. Every girl's are crazy for him. Y/N: Expect me. [Jaehyuk x Reader] [IMP...
224K 8.6K 48
In which Nari lived with 12 boys and fell in love with one of them. [editing] The first few chapters are cringey asf T_T Highest ranking: #1 Haruto #...
59.3K 2.5K 18
Y/N was a fake nerd at school but decided to change her personality and her looks to her past self back just because.. "Why are you so cold? Now i un...