A Jerk named Haruto | Hajeong...

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo wherein Park Jeongwoo is a son of a maid working for the "... More

Introduction
[1] The "Kangs"
[2] Monarchical Table
[3] Hungry Kangs
[4] Busan
[5] Iksan
Changes
[6] First Day
New mashikyu au
[7] A little unwell
[8] Equivalent exchange
[9] Rules
[10] Unofficially official
[11] Slave n' Master
[12] Play Dumb
[13] The bitchy code
[14] Chasing Pavements
✾ Special Chapter [Mashikyu]
✾ Special Chapter [Typical Kangs]
[15] Connected Locks
[16] Your lips on mine
[17] Salt n' Sugar
[18] Comfort Zone
[19] Dauntless
[20] Stars over us
[21] Couples of Troubles
[22] Couples of Troubles 2
[23] Rainy Cuddles
[24] The Absence of his Presence
[25] Untold phrase
[26] Lie to me
[28] Cold boundaries
[29] Warmly Cold
✾ Special Chapter
[30] Marry me?
[31] Venture
[32] Dumb and Dumber
[33] Boundless
[34] If I stay
[35] Hidden
[36] Tables turned
[37] Unwrapping the secrets
[38] Reasons why
[39] Home
[40] Sacrifice
Epilogue

[27] Way back home

3.8K 304 183
By itsbaejinjja

Note : Hi guys, i just want to clear things up. Jeongwoo's point of view contains of the time where he drop haruto's call, then it will shift to haruto's point of view which will contain the day after he talk with jeongwoo over the phone and the days goes on. Please don't get confused but feel free to drop a question just in case.

❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❐❏❒❑❒❑

                ➷ Park Jeongwoo

"Hyung are you done cooking?"

I froze on my position upon hearing junghwan's voice, silently praying that haruto did not get a hold of the voice.

"Who's that?" I heard haruto asked on the other line, i can hear suspicion on his voice.

I let out a nervous laugh. "I-its y-yeongue."

"Really?"

"Y-yes! I-i need to go now haru, yeongue is calling for me. I'll try to call you later."

"Hey jeongw—"

My fingers immediately hit the end button, i nervously stared at the screen of my phone. I'm sorry for lying, im just scared of his reaction. He'll get mad for sure. I turned to look at junghwan who's standing against the kitchen counter.

"Yah, why did you get up? I told you to rest and wait for me till i finish cooking." Junghwan hung his head low, fidgeting with his slim fingers.

"I'm so hungry hyung." He answered shortly. I just nodded and guided him back to the room as i place the food tray at the side table.

I started feeding him and gave him medicine when he announced that he's already full. His temperature is not getting any better and that made me contemplate between staying over or going home. I'm aware that each choices has their own consequences. I pulled the black quilt to cover junghwan's shivering body, his eyes half close, and he looks really tired and sleepy.

"Junghwanie im going home after you sleep." I stated that made him open his eyes, he reach out for my hand stared at me with his weak eyes.

He slowly open his mouth, his voice is low and hoarse. "Hyung, don't leave me."

I sighed deeply. I already see this coming. If i stay, Haruto will get mad at me even more. If i leave my conscience will kill me for leaving an ill person behind. How can i possibly make a choice?

"B-but—"

"Please?"

The next thing i know, i found myself waking up in the morning with junghwan sleeping soundly beside me. I reach out for my cellphone at the side table, staring at the bright screen in horror upon seeing multiple messages and calls coming from the Kangs, from yeongue, and from my mom.

I'm doomed. Somebody please pray for my soul.

              ➷ Watanabe Haruto

"Are you out of your mind Haruto? You can't go home!" Seongwu hyung half yelled, his eyes darting on me with a look of disbelief.

"I'm completely sane and im serious. I want to go home hyung." I answered back.

I don't need any second thoughts or whatever shits to decide. I made up my mind, im going home. Screw this damn business trip. My business in Seoul is the most urgent and damn that politician's kid, i will make sure to crash his shitty face when i get back to Seoul.

"Hey we still have a wee—"

"Oh shut up please, I don't need an opinion from a filthy mouth." I announced, cutting Akiyah's words off.

She thinks im dumb huh? Her shits won't work on me. I already have a hunch of what's going on and i trust my guts more than anything.

"Haruto, i don't know what made you decide to go home but you know you can't. We still have a lot of things to do, we haven't reach the midway of the negotiation. Do you think the investors will agree without your presence?" Hyung explained, i sighed in defeat.

Main reason why i joined the trip is because the executive wants to see me, he wants to see the legitimate and legal director of the board, not just the proxy, Seongwu-hyung. My fist automatically clenched.

Damn it. Fuck my life.

"Once you finish all the papers you need to review and validate, once you already meet and talk with the executive then you can go home Haruto. Only if you finish all those things."

I stared at him for a moment, my feet tapping against the floor. "When will he arrive? That old hog is taking too much time."

"He will be here in 3 days." seongwu hyung answered. He's examining my my expressions closely as if he already know what im planning to do.

3 days before he arrive? Then i have 2 days to finish all the papers, on day 3 i'll personally talk to the executive, the night after, i'll fly back to Seoul without their knowledge. I won't wait for the result of the negotiation since im certain its a success.

"Okay then." I answered shortly. Seongwu hyung gave me a suspicious look but i smiled widely at him before i nod and went out of the lounge.

If they think i can't finish that paper works in 2 days then they should think again. Watch me fly back to Seoul and punch junghwan's face.

I placed my access card at the detector. As the door opens, i slowly shake my head. I'm too lazy to review and validate the papers but if it means going home earlier than the original plan then i'll go for it. Pulling an all-nighter won't hurt right?

                               ;

Page 637

"Screw this life, when will i reach the end of this papers?!" I kick the table in annoyance as i throw the empty cup of caffeine. This is the seventh cup i finished and its not helpful at all.

My routine continued for another 48 hours, i took 3 hours of sleep each day, eat, take a bath, and never leave the room just to finish all the paper works. Even i, didn't know why am i doing all of these things. I didn't know what pushed me to come up with a decision that i want to go home or that i needed to go home. I guess i really need to clear things up before my mind works on its own.

"Haruto you need to rest, why are you rushing to finish all that papers? We still have two weeks."

That made me grin.

"Mind your own business hyung." Seongwu hyung glared at me before he throw a crumpled bond paper.

Shaking my head in disapproval along with the thoughts of possible reasons why Uncle Daniel fell for this childish man across me. Three years ago, i remember someone telling me;

"Love is the hardest word to define but a person who is under its spell finds the language to describe the indescribable."

Even after three years he still has an effect on me. Oddly, i felt a different effect this time, coming from a different person. Not really sure if he's any better or if he's worthy of anything i can possibly give. Or maybe it's the other way around.

I came back to my sense when my phone beep. Creasing my brows and tapping my fingernails against the table as i opened the message. My vision fell darker. I knew it. A beeping sound made me look into it again. That guy is really testing my temper, brave of him to took advantage of the whole thing.

"Hey haruto stop spacing out, get ready. The executive will arrive in 5 minutes." Akiyah announced wearing her weary expression. She has an attitude but i must say she's pretty decent went it comes to business matters— not the dirty business type.

I calmly stood up and took a deep breath. I need to get a hold of my senses, just a few more hours and im free from all these shits.

A clapping sound echoed at the conference, an old man wearing his mischievous smile. Akiyah cautiously spare a glance on me. Why is she worrying? I encountered couples of old hogs like this one in front. It would be easier to take him down and make him agree.

"Watanabe i swear to God, don't do anything stupid or else we're dead." I heard seongwu hyung whispered on my ears, i offered an annoying grin before i lightly pull the velvet necktie hanging on my suit.

"Interesting." The romanian entrepreneur commented as he offered a hand which i immediately took.

Disgusting.

I flash a meaningful smile. "Shall we get into it? Time is gold."

Flashing an annoying grin before he calmly took the seat across me. "Not so fast Mr. Kang, let me review the papers and i'll decide if i should spare a time and see the presentation."

In business matters they always address us as 'Kangs' and not with the surnames of the other half. This man is obviously playing dirty and hard to get at the same time. A definite waste of time. Soon, a look of interest lit up on his eyes, motioning the conglomerate representative to begin. I watch how Akiyah stood up from her seat and gather all her confidence to start. All eyes are on her as she goes along with the proposal, earning nods of approval from the picky foreign investor.

"The real value of this proposal is not just having the finish product in hand, approximately over the past decades, the Kangs have collectively 37 manufacturing sites coming from countries around the globe. The original plan is to lease a 49,872 square foot space located at the north but the site was previously leased by an Italian Fine dining, the former tenant didn't much made changes and can be identified as our advantage." Akiyah continued, the romanian investor crease his brows.

"Skip that part, i want to hear the pros Ms. Matsunaga." I repress a chuckle seeing the annoyed expression on her face, she hates it the most when people cut her words off.

I raised my hand to get the attention of the board before i motioned Akiyah to sit down. Mr. Craioveanu darted his eyes on me and spare a look of anticipation as i stood up and made my way in front.

"Sales projections assume 2700 consumers per week resulting in weekly sales of approximately $76,000 or $875,000,000 annually. This equates to $574 per square foot depending on shares and contribution. As a highly desirable concept for the ownership where $574 per square foot is considered to be highly profitable and therefore a good investment. The total start up cost will come from 64% of the investment and the remainder will be secured at the company's finance office." I confidently explained, flashing a proud grin to Mr. Craioveanu.

He nod in acknowledgement and motioned his secretary to come closer— whispering something im obviously not aware of. After their small talk, he stood up and walk towards my direction.

"Mr. Kang, i personally like the presentation but i can't give my approval as of the moment. My wife and i still need to talk about it, i hope you can spare time for us to throughly decide. Don't worry, i can assure you that we'll give you a call. My secretary will be here tomorrow for another conference with Mr. Ong regarding the proposal." The old man explained honestly, he's not that bad after all.

"Alright Mr. Craioveanu, we'll be waiting for your wise decision. See you around." I replied, he gladly took the hand that i offered.

From my close observation this is a success. I smell victory, but junghwan should smell trouble by now since im going home to teach him something he needs to be aware of. Akiyah and Seongwu-hyung both sighed in relief but their eyes are full of hopes and worries. There's no way for the investors to reject the proposal, a genius personally prepared it, and yes, that's me.

Now, i should prepare and get into my own business.

                ➷ Third Person

The model-like korean pause for a while before he finally enter his room.

"Let's meet at the lobby at exactly 7pm, we should at least celebrate for doing a good job in the presentation earlier." Seongwu announced, the female japanese childishly nod and smile at the suggestion.

They both throw a look at the unusually quiet japanese. Haruto just shrug his shoulders and proceed on his own room that made Akiyah to suspiciously stare at him.

"Don't worry he's just tired. Its only 6:15pm we still have more time to rest and get ready for the dinner." The older stated. Seongwu felt really tired but at the same time he want to have a decent meal for all the hardships they encountered just for the proposal.

"Right, see you later oppa." answered the female japanese before she drifted on her own world.

The two make the most of their time before 7pm while the tall japanese is busy arranging his belongings. He placed a light blue sticky note at the vanity mirror before he quietly leave his room and took the emergency exit along with his luggage.

Haruto smiled at the sight of the cab he booked online, the driver smiled at him as he help the japanese to put the luggage at the compartment. They're not going to the airport, they're actually heading to the private quarters where Butler Han is waiting along with their family chopper. Haruto wants to go home faster, and he's willing to do everything to get there as soon as possible.

Meanwhile.

"What's taking him so long? Don't tell me he drifted to sleep and totally forgot about the dinner?" Akiyah concluded but the older does not look convince. He approach the receptionist and ask if they saw haruto as he describe what the younger looks like.

The receptionist answered that he didn't saw the said guy. Akiyah went upstairs to check if haruto is on his room since he's not answering the calls, her eyes squinted upon the sight of the empty room. She was about to dial Seongwu's caller id when the older lightly slam the door— hands on his knees, panting in exhaustion.

"Haruto is missing." Akiyah announced. Seongwu took a deep breath while shaking his head.

"No, he's not missing." answered the older, his fingers waving the light blue sticky note towards the furious female japanese.

The korean pulled his hair in frustration, Haruto is really hard headed and now they can't do anything against it. They should have known better.

"That brat can't be tamed." Seongwu muttered as he read the sentence written on the sticky note.

'Surprise bitches, im going home.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 107 10
Y/N is a transferred girl from Japan... she went to Seoul because her dad had some business affairs... her mum passed away when she was three, so her...
71.8K 5.8K 62
❛MERAKI series #2❜ Park Jeongwoo got lost of himself when his ex-boyfriend, So Junghwan broke up with him to focus more on his family and career His...
52.3K 1.6K 19
⚠️ WARNING~~~THIS STORY CONTAINS - MATURE LANGUAGE/ MATURE CONTENT/DEATH/ABUSE -VIOLENCE -KISSING -SMUTS I REWROTE THIS BOOK USING DIFFERENT CHARACT...
22.1K 1.1K 31
Watanabe Haruto, a twenty-two year old well-known Chief Executive Officer of the famous Hilteum Hotel in Seoul, South Korea. He's extremely popular t...