soft - woosan

By yeonosang

"you still sleep with a plushie?" "his name is shiber." in which san has trouble sleeping and wooyoung loses... More

chapter 01
chapter 02
chapter 03
chapter 04
chapter 05
chapter 06
chapter 07
chapter 08
chapter 09
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 31
100k.
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40 (finale).
epilogue
playlist

chapter 30

32.5K 1.6K 3.5K
By yeonosang

san wooyoung

waking up with san pressed warmly against his side once more was enough to brighten his awoken features with a content smile.

instead of opening his eyes to a cold, empty bed and a hollow feeling in his chest, wooyoung was entangled with the only person he ever wanted to wake up with for the rest of his assumed pointless existence.

the warmth blooming within him only grew when he remembered that today was saturday, meaning there was no reason for him to have to move any time soon.

with that declaration solely in his mind, he snuggled the sleeping boy closer to him, revelling in their proximity. as he gazed with infatuation at those innocent features; quiet and unchanging before him, devoid of wariness and grief, wooyoung could do nothing but continue to stare.

san was a spectacle in front of him, painfully close yet seeming so untouchable and ethereal it was almost unbelievable that he existed so effortlessly.

and it was his mere exquisite existence that moulded wooyoung's life so finely, granting joy, pain and lust - anything to replace the void he felt beforehand was a burst of vibrancy, maximized to the point he was a legible candidate to be in a permanent state of kalopsia.

but he was sure, while examining san's resting face, from his his soft cheeks up to dark fluttering eyelashes and splayed raven hair down to his slightly chapped lips and defined jawline, that such breathtakingly angelic profile was far from a crafted delusion.

wooyoung truly could have lain there for hours, watching him (not in a weird creepy way) if the choice was up to him, but alas, sleeping beauties must eventually wake.

"morning," the subject of his unsaid sanctity yawned widely, unaware of the other's unwavering stare.

"good morning." he replied softly, reaching out to brush the other's cheek with a nimble finger, allowing his caress to linger.

warmth flooded san's cheeks, and he recoiled from wooyoung's hand with a disapproving inaudible sound, eyes shaping into crescents of embarrassment. 

"you're so cute~" the younger swooned, causing the other dark haired male to twist and shuffle under their shared duvet and pull a face at him.

"wooyoung..." he objected cutely before repeating his name more seriously. "i'm glad that.. we sorted things out."

wooyoung leaned across to place a small kiss on san's temple, stroking his hair gently. "so am i, little choi. more than you can imagine."

the other offered him a shy smile, eyes searching his face inexplicably and relishing in this missed comfort.

wooyoung wondered what he must have done in some past life to deserve anyone as amazing as this, and silently thanked them from the bottom of his heart for being a better person than he ever was in this life.

"oh, wipe that look off your face." san demanded, poking his cheek daringly when he got too soppy. "you seem to have forgotten we have a maths test to revise for."

wooyoung immediately groaned, his face crumpling as he hid beneath the covers feebly. "don't want to."

"that's too bad," san started, throwing the covers off of himself and swinging his legs out of the bed. "i had a really nice tutoring session planned."

wooyoung could hear the smirk in his voice, and upon peeking out from under his shelter he didn't miss the mischievous glint in the other's eyes.

"intrigue me." he answered slowly, the unimpressed pout never leaving his face.

"well..." san sighed with indifference, possessing the audacity to stretch his limbs and give a little shrug. "you obviously aren't interested."

"don't be a tease." wooyoung stated, cocking his head as his interest began to grow.

"for every question you get right... you get a reward." wooyoung froze, his pout morphing into a devious grin at san's words.

"and if you exceed a C on the test, I'll grant you one wish from me." he continued slyly, examining his nails and sneaking wooyoung a playful glance.

"well when you put it like that..." wooyoung considered, sitting up in the bed.

"-you can't really refuse." san finished for him with a sweet giggle.

"i really can't." wooyoung agreed, half to himself as he not too reluctantly pulled himself out of bed.

making his way to the bathroom to make himself a little more presentable, he brushed his hair and teeth hurriedly, not wanting to waste any time as he pulled on a loose hoodie and exited before he was even entirely finished.

san winked at him before going in after, making wooyoung wait in anticipation outside of the door, for once eager to learn.

"you're taking ages!" he complained, placing a longing hand on the wood separating the two.

"don't complain, jung." came the slightly strained reply, amplified oddly by the bathroom's echoey walls.

"what's the nature of these rewards?" wooyoung enquired, unable to restrain himself any longer from letting the question slip.

his question was first answered with a chuckle, but the words that casually followed stopped wooyoung's heart then and there, melting his insides and turning his knees to jelly.

"i'll take one item of clothing off for every correct answer." was the reply that replayed over and over in the span of the second they were said in wooyoung's mind.

it's too early in the morning for this. he gulped, words caught in his throat as he struggled for a response.

"r-really." he managed, more a confirmation than an actual question.

"uh huh." san repeated from the other side, and wooyoung touched his chest with his hand to check if it was still beating.

but of course, as this was san he was dealing with, there had to be some kind of catch.

and as the door opened, the catch was quickly revealed, san stepping into the bedroom with a smug smile.

he was dressed in perhaps every piece of clothing he owned: so many layers baking him that he appeared to be preparing for a snowstorm.

"you better answer some correctly," san mumbled, waddling uncomfortably forwards. "because i am overheating."

"oh, don't worry." wooyoung breathed, unfazed by the minor complication. "i plan to nail every single question on that fucking sheet of paper."

san hummed awkwardly, seeming to realise the extent of the other's determination. ah, the wonders of teenage hormones.

they sat opposite eachother, a collection of maths related papers resting in san's lap as wooyoung stared at him deeply, chin propped on one fist. he was sitting at the small almost unnoticeable desk in the corner of the room, finally being put to some use.

san cleared his throat, breaking eye contact and examining the work before him. "first question."

he gave the sheet to wooyoung, who only had to read it twice before scribbling the workings he fought so hard to remember and handed it back to the other for checking.

"correct." he ticked, and shrugged off one of the larger outer coats sticking to his ensemble gratefully.

back and forth, this process continued, wooyoung answering all but one question correctly, proving san's tutoring to be paying off until he was down to his last layer of clothes.

"there's only one more question." san announced, relief evident in his tone.

"oh well," wooyoung sighed with disappointment before adding jokingly, "no point answering it if you're not going to end up stripping for me."

"is that the only reason you'd do maths?" san questioned in an exasperated voice, disappointed but not surprised.

"anyway, it's heading towards lunch time so maybe we can go grab something, unless you're planning to live off the two day old sandwiches on your bedside table." he added with a pointed look at what wooyoung had left untouched.

"good idea." he grimaced at the sight, but wasn't about to let san off so easily for building up the tension so far.

"let me do the last question," he suggested while tipping his head back tiredly.

the other rolled his eyes, getting up and stepping next to wooyoung's seat, trailing a finger across the back of it. "we both know that's unnecessary."

"you're pretty confident i'll be right, then." wooyoung forced out, willing himself not to move as he held his breath.

"of course." san agreed, leaning with his back against the desk so he faced the other at a direct angle. "after all, i taught you well."

the dark haired male let slip a smile, giving up on playing hard-to-get, unable to help himself from sliding onto wooyoung's lap and wrapping his arms around his neck, lacing his fingers loosely.

"indeed you did." the purple haired other answered mindlessly, hands finding san's sides and resting there comfortably.

"determination and concentration are good looks on you." he commented, making wooyoung grin fondly. "it's nice seeing you so immersed in something."

the other hummed in response, now immersed in something else entirely.

•••

wooyoung san

"you're what?!" his friend's shocked outburst came after san had begun to explain last night's events.

"yeo, shut up!" he hissed, looking around for his boyfriend (at least that was what san had taken to calling him again) who had gone to get them drinks.

"wooyoung and i are on good terms again." he explained further. "we had a talk... and we both realised that we'd rather not be fighting like this."

"uh huh." yeosang marvelled, choosing his words carefully. "did he tell you anything else?"

"like what?" san shrugged dismissively, blinking at the other. "i forgave him for not telling me about his addiction."

"...i see." was all yeosang let out after a short moment of silence. "anyway, i'm going to text yunho and felix to join so i don't have to be a third-wheel."

"sure." san agreed, not bothering to tell him that wooyoung's group of friends was planning on eating with them too.

he played with his fingers in boredom  while yeosang sent the appropriate messages, receiving 'dings' in response almost immediately.

not long after, he spotted mingi, hyunjin, minho and seonghwa sauntering, strolling, dragging his feet and strutting (respectively) over to their table.

hyunjin slid into one of the chairs next to san, idly throwing his arm across the back of it while the other three boys sat opposite them diagonally from yeosang who raised his eyes from his phone slowly without bothering to mask his displeasure.

"what're they doing here?" he questioned through clenched teeth, eyes flickering to hyunjin's position and face darkening.

"relax, yeo. we're all friends here." san assured him, quirking an eyebrow when the older provided them with the rare site of a blush upon catching seonghwa's gaze.

"so you and wooyoung are at it again?" hyunjin asked mildly under his breath, wiping the table top with a slender finger of imaginary dust specs.

"yeah, seems that way." san answered, in a whisper, unable to prevent the satisfaction in his voice or sweet smile from his face.

"not exactly surprising." hyunjin shook his head slightly, covering his mouth with a fist to hide his words. "just be careful."

before san could answer, the rest of the party arrived, yunho apprehensively knitting his eyebrows while felix advanced with caution.

"looks like we're going to need more chairs." felix announced simply after considering the scene, dragging a second table to conjoin the other.

yunho sat opposite yeosang awkwardly, separated by nothing but a table corner from mingi while felix sat down next to him, surveying each face warily.

no one said anything, and thankfully they were saved from the awful tension by wooyoung finally gracing them with his presence.

"ah, so everyone's here." he mused, sliding into the empty seat beside san and diagonal from felix whom he spared one distasteful glance.

his words were true save for jongho, who could have been anywhere but was probably still asleep or dealing with the wreckage left by san and wooyoung last night.

"good." wooyoung started, edging his hand towards san's on the table. "i have an announcement."

announcement? san's heart fluttered involuntarily as the speaking boy's finger brushed against his own.

he cleared his throat, straightening his back in his chair and meeting all the inquisitive stares around them one by ones.

wooyoung pursed his lips after swallowing nervously, and laced their fingers together tightly atop the table for every one to see.

"i'm bisexual." he blurted, the two words clearly ringing out and bouncing between all present ears back and forth while they registered.

san squeezed his hand proudly, shooting him a bright smile of approval, but no one else said anything for a moment.

"hi bisexual, i'm yeosang." his friend replied dryly, crossing his arms over his chest while yunho snorted.

"i think we kind of knew." seonghwa added, only looking mildly surprised.

"so you're not mad?" wooyoung questioned, having anticipated a very different reaction.

everyone slowly shook their heads, and san couldn't help but let loose a laugh he was holding in.

"what about our constant homophobic slurs?" he pressed, eyes widening in disbelief.

"um... we did because it's expected of popular jock guys?" mingi offered, scratching his head.

"that's messed up." felix muttered, and san was laughing harder now, hyunjin joining in.

"in that case, i gotta come clean." mingi started with a suggestive look at yunho. "i'm gay as fuck."

wooyoung slammed his hands on the table, causing the drinks to shudder and spill over slightly.

san was now holding his side in pain from the uncontrolled bout of giggles spilling through at the ridiculousness of the situation.

"would anyone else like to surprise us?" wooyoung asked sarcastically, his coming out moment not as grand or creation of the uproar he expected.

minho raised his hand leisurely, but the whole table rolled their eyes and yelled collectively, "WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE GAY FOR HAN JISUNG."

he lowered it again embarrassedly, muttering, "sheesh, i was just trying to lesson the blow."

wooyoung looked around the table, huffing loudly. "are any of us straight?"

seonghwa raised his hand confidently, and yeosang's shoulders slumped defeatedly as he accepted the end of his pining.

"hyunjin?!" wooyoung gasped with a quick look at the shying boy who spread his hands defeatedly.

"i mean i thought, but yang jeongin is one cute little man-" wooyoung threaded his hands into his hair,  undoubtedly rethinking all the time he let hyunjin and san spend together without his supervision.

san erupted into laughter again, joined by the majority of the table except yeosang who hid a small laugh with his hand.

tension had for once left the atmosphere, previous enemies comfortably enjoying themselves together, and san realised life really wasn't that complicated and they were all just ignorant college kids who overthought everything way too often.

-

90 frickin k what the hell-

oops i'm really sorry for taking so long to update TT

i'm also kinda sad 'cause i originally planned to end this book between 30 and 40 chapters and that just feels too soon now :')

thanks for sticking with this mess

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1.6K 30
Choi San was hurt by the one he trusted the most. After catching his boyfriend in bed with another man, San gets drunk with his friends until he blac...
266K 11.7K 36
⌗ ⌇ little space AU ! wooyoung finds a lost plushie on the street . ❝are chu my dwaddy?❞ wooyoung x san ©JIBREADS highest rankings :: 1 in #woosan...
69.3K 1.6K 28
[COMPLETED] Jung Wooyoung was a smart yet cocky college student, studying computer science at the Seoul National University. Choi San was a rich law...
318K 13.4K 28
" if you don't stop doing that , i won't be able to stop myself " -San After three years, San is reunited with his childhood friend Wooyoung. However...