The Class Reject: A Martyr in...

By XxUCOxX

For Miren Eze, the past six months have been nonstop torture. After all, she doesn't know if she can trust Je... More

A Prelude | Introductions and Answers
A Prelude | The Cast
Act I | The Great Escape
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30 | sometime in the immediate, but unspecified future
31 | approximately four seconds later
32 | sometime before highschool
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Act II | California Screaming
46 | Late Nights in La La Land
IMPORTANT VIDEO AUTHOR'S NOTE
47 | Santa Monica and Other Things That Start With 'S' Pt. 1
48 | Santa Monica and Other Things That Start with 'S' Pt. 2
49 | Malibu
50 | Hollywood Walk of Shame
51 | The Beverly Thrills Hotel Pt.1
52| The Beverly Thrills Hotel Pt.2
VIDEO Q&A FOR OCTOBER 1st
October Video Q&A!
FINALLY OFF OF HIATUS??
Q&A/Disclaimers
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
NEW CHAPTERS STARTING JUNE 1st? Video Below
SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING JUNE 1st - HERE IT IS!!!!
60
61
62
63
64
66
67
68
69
70
71 | T-minus 7 Days
Book 3 Recap (before 13-chapter update/finale)
72 | T-minus 3 Days
73 | Prom(ise)
74 | Me
75 | That
76 | We Will
77 | Smile
78 | When
79 | It Is
80 | Finally
81 | Over
82
83
84
85
86 | Finale
Class Reject Series Live Stream

65

998 72 10
By XxUCOxX

Tonight's Ezekiel B. Rinzen Founder's Banquet marked the end of the 75th anniversary that no one really cared about -- well, no one except the old men determined to relive their "glory days" in silver company, while informing the youngins of how great America used to be as their mostly minority caterers just probably shared different thoughts. The whole thing sounded disgustingly boring, and if Miren wasn't suspended, she would have found a way out of it anyway.

"Come back at your earliest convenience," Miren told Jeno, as she typed her English report from her old desk. "Wallace is supposed to be on late night TV. Imani Higgins at Midnight. Can you believe it?"

"Are you sure watching him get praised by the same woman who retracted your Rising Scholar Award is a good idea?" Jeno adjusted his tie briefly before his gaze landed on his girlfriend. "You should go out. Escape this hell hole with me."

"I'm fine spending a quiet night here doing homework," she replied, rising to her feet. "And Ms. Cowdry has made it clear that despite her assistance, she's giving no mercy on Miles."

"Right. I still can't believe she's in on it," he sighed. "I'm sorry everything went this far."

"I'm not," she said softly. "Everything that's happened has led me to you." She fixed his tie, but not without kissing him. "So go make nice as Student Body President, and then hurry back so we can--"

"And I would want nothing more than that," Jeno said pecking her lips again, before his expression hardened. "But we are moving very fast. You may still have some unresolved feelings toward Parker, and we still need to find the people responsible for the attack. And don't get me started on Mr. Harvard. It's only a matter of time before he does something."

"You're right," Miren nodded. "We're taking everything too lightly. But what do you suppose we do?"

Jeno pursed his lips before sighing. "I don't know. But I do think you should go back to being Wallace's roommate. No more sleepovers. Or that thing you did with your--"

"That thing you liked?" She offered him a knowing smirk, watching him blush slightly. "Fine by me."

Just then, there was a buzz in the air. Jeno groaned before retrieving his phone from his pocket. "It's Roger. I'm running late to the conference center." He found his keys on his desk. "Last chance to leave campus with me."

"Tempting," she considered, reopening her laptop. "But I'm good."

"Okay. I'm going then."

"I'll be here."

***

"I can't believe you told him!" Jemma all but roared, clashing her fists against the table of the modest ramen restaurant they were in, earning some glances in their direction "Hoes before bros! Or do you really think you're a dude now?"

"Can you lower your voice?" Miren said in a frantic whisper.

"You're obviously having sex. That's the only thing that would explain why you would betray me," the cheerleader went on, earning an eye roll from the girl in drag.

"I didn't betray you," Miren's gaze sharpened against hers. "I just couldn't lie to him anymore. And he didn't seem particularly surprised that you knew about me, so maybe he already had his suspicions." She shrugged, taking a sip from her water cup.

"So you admit you two are doing it?"

"No."

"No, that you don't want to admit it, or no that you haven't done it?--"

It was Miren's turn to slam her hands on the counter. "Why do you want to know so bad? He's your brother."

"I just can't believe that he's in the position to lose his virginity before me." She folded her arms. "Stupid Klondike."

"I'm going to take you two are officially over now," Miren inferred. The senior nodded slowly, albeit defeatedly as she stirred a pair of chopsticks in her ramen broth. "I'm really sorry."

"Well, I know he's already moved on with some slutty junior, courtesy of instagram, so I guess I dodged a bullet." She brightened up a bit more before placing her phone and a pair of headphones on the counter. "While breaking up with him I recorded the encounter, and he said some interesting things. Hear for yourself."

With a small sigh, Miren took the headphones. There was a lag of about 45 seconds of white noise before Jemma's voice took over the air:

"I know you were involved with that attack in the woods," Jemma had said harshly, almost robotically. She was no Meryl Streep, that was for sure. "God, I can't believe you, Klondike!"

"How the hell did you find out?" he said back, not even bothering to play dumb.

"I'm Jemma. And the headmaster's sister. Nothing gets by me."

There was a male gasp. "The headmaster knows?"

"If he doesn't already, he will. After you tell me who else was involved." There was a pause.

"You'd really sell me out? After everything? I only did it for you!"

"Why? You know I would never be okay with you doing something so cruel!"

"It was the only way! Can you honestly say you wouldn't have broken up with me if I didn't get into Columbia?"

"Of course not! When have I ever not been loyal to you?"

"Word on the street is that you were at Axel's 'band practice' the other week. What the hell is that about?"

"One of the new members of his band, a girl and a new friend of mine, needed a ride. And I know they were involved too and wanted answers. So fucking spill already."

"And what good would that do?"

"Look, I'm breaking up with you if you don't tell me the truth!" There was another pause. A groan.

"I think I know what this is really about,"  his voice was softer. "You heard about me and the sophomore and now you're pissed. You break the rules all the time, so I can't see why you'd be so upset with me for following in the example of the best."

"What sophomore? What the hell are you talking about?" There was genuine disgust and rage on Jemma's voice. She hated how much it was cracking, but it was suddenly evident that she did not have the upperground. Rather, it was like it was shattering underneath her, her stability getting lost in the process. "And stop deflecting."

"I'm not. But I'll save you the trouble of breaking up with me. We're over--"

"Listen you piece of shit, you're not going to cheat on me and beat some poor nerd to an inch of life without explaining yourself."

"I don't owe you anything. Not after I risked everything just to make you happy." He scoffed. "And you don't even appreciate it. You're such a hypocrite." There were footsteps, his footsteps, but lighter ones trailed after him.

"I'm not letting you leave."

"You and I both know that you can't physically stop me."

"Don't you care about me at all?" There was a lag. White noise took over the air again, but it was obvious that they were staring at each other--pleading with each other.

"I did," Klondike sighed. "But I don't need this. I'm done. Maybe your weird twin can take you to prom."

"Fuck you."

He laughed bitterly. "If you really want to, I might be willing to give you some answers."

"My, how rapey of you?" She folded her arms. "Just get the hell out of my sight."

He growled. "For the last time, I didn't rape the dead girl's friend! It's girls like you throwing around that word so carelessly that's getting so many innocent guys in trouble." Jemma rolled her eyes at his defense. But in a flash the gravity of his words finally hit her.

"Wait, what?"

"And the hit order apparently came from Rosemunde. So instead of assuming every guy from Rinzen is a devil, maybe look within. You girls aren't the fucking saints you pretend to be."

"Whatever," Jemma brushed him off, opening the door. "I never want to speak to you again." There was some grumbling, marching of feet that could have rivaled that of a rhino, and a door slamming. Then the recording cut.

Miren could only stare at Jemma. Her mouth widened in an attempt to say something, anything, but she was speechless. The little that the jock had said was somehow too much.

"He--he hurt Chara? When?" she finally got out. "When? Is she ok?"

"I spoke to her last week, but I'm pretty sure that this happened a while ago. Like before you two were even friends." Jemma brushed a hand through her hair. "Not to trivialize what happened between the two of them, but there's no point speculating at the moment. We can only do something about what he said about someone from St. Rosemunde being responsible for your attack. Not the most useful information, but it definitely narrows down our suspects."

Miren nodded slowly, but even the slight movement made her head throb. And as her mind raced a million miles per minute, it throbbed even harder. "I think I have a hunch. Do you?"

"I do," Jemma nodded. "In fact I think I know exactly who it is."

"Same," she offered in a mumble, rubbing her temple. "It might be a stretch, but--"

"Is that Wallace?" the senior then called out. Miren blinked, before her eyes moved to the target of Jemma's outburst. Behind their booth was a tv screen with the boy genius, who waved at an invisible audience before taking a seat next to the Imani Higgins, who was basically the new Oprah. Jemma grinned. "Just like a man to turn the worst thing that ever happened to a woman into his triumph."

Miren sighed. Tragically enough, the little forest beatdown barely made the top five for shitty life events.

"What is he saying?" Jemma hopped to her feet. "I'm gonna get the manager to turn up the volume."

"Wait." But it was too late, Jemma was already on the other side of the restaurant. With a groan, Miren rose, catching up to her.

***

"So tell my why a recluse like you chooses to hold such positions of authority?" Olive asked, as she approached Jeno. They were toward the end of the swanky ballroom, where there was an elaborate "History of Rinzen" display, as well as another donation table that the senior was forced to guard because fun.

"Last I checked, this was a Rinzen only event," was his curt reply, as his attention shifted to her briefly. Naturally, she looked as dazzling as a diamond, had even wore a silver dress to be ironic. "You look nice."

"You're barely even looking at me," she pursed her lips slightly. "I know you like to play things dark, but you don't have to put on a facade for me.

"I'm not. I thought we had ended whatever it was we were doing," his eyes hardened against hers. "I don't want to play any games. I'm sure there are plenty of men from Rinzen you can charm tonight."

"You really are no fun," she folded her arms. "Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you on your acceptance to Columbia. The headmaster won't stop bragging about it. You can totally tell it's getting on Ms. Cowdry's nerves," she said, pointing toward the couple in the middle of the hall.

"Thank you," Jeno nodded. "You can go now."

"So we can both be bored and alone?" she laughed. "I thought I'd be able to get some intel on Wallace's case here, but everyone is as stuffy as they are boring."

"What did you expect?"

"I don't know," she sighed. "Honestly, the boys of Rinzen don't seem all that bright. But when it comes to secrets you all suddenly turn strategic."

"That, or everyone is on their best guard because they know a certain little someone has a reputation of prying into matters that do not concern them," Jeno offered matter-of-factly. "This was fun. Let's not do it again."

"Is it because of Sara?"

It took everything for Jeno not to roll his eyes, despite the tiny jolt of panic at the pit of his stomach. "What about her?"

"Apparently she's a singer for Axel's band."

"So?"

"It would be hard to believe that he hasn't 'marked his territory' with her. Plus, I would seriously question the judgement of any girl who chooses to spend time with such a stoner."

"Aren't you the one who's basically made it their life's mission to destroy stereotypes?" he gritted his teeth slightly as her eyes widened. "Like I said, I'm done getting wrapped up in these investigations. I want to enjoy the little time I have left of high school and I can't do that with you."

"I'm sorry. You're right. I'm being a hypocrite." She sighed deeply, brushing a curl from her face. "Believe it or not, I was actually excited to go to prom with you."

"I never remember asking you," he replied rather dejectedly. "Plus I'm not going."

Olive's eyebrows lifted. "Worried there will be another scandal?"

"Not worried. Just over them."

"Dances or scandals?"

"Both--"

"Olivia Vishna!" for whatever reason Headmistress Castro was here. Based on the bun and dark gray pant suit she almost habitually wore (like she probably had a closet with at least ten of them, that's how bland her aesthetic was), she wasn't invited to the festivities, or didn't care enough to dress up for it. "You are in big trouble!"

"Why? Like half of the girls from St. Rosemunde are here too. I happen to be Jeno's plus one."

"And I happen to doubt that." The headmistress grabbed the girl's hand. "You better pray the school board shows you leniency."

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything!" Olive probably did something, but something was off. "At least tell me what I did before you drag me away like some prisoner. Everyone is staring."

The headmistress stopped briefly. They were in the middle of the hall, where Dr. Edsel and some other faculty and alumni were. Yes, they were staring. But not because of Dr. Castro. Because of what was on their phones.

"Jesus Christ," Dr. Edsel could only say, his normally jovial expression melting into something more sinister, like a labrador turning into a wolf. He tucked his phone in his pocket."You're coming with us. Dr. Pearson, you keep the festivities in tow." The vice principal nodded.

"What the hell is happening?" Only it was Jeno who said this as he made it to his brother's side. The headmaster only cursed before pushing the boy back.

"Take dad to my apartment when the festivities are over. The spare key is under the floorboard."

"Wait--"

"Just do it." And just like that, the two headmasters disappeared down the hall with their hostage. His eyes locked with Olive's briefly. And although he knew she was a master manipulator, perhaps the greatest he had ever come to know, a chill ran down his spine as it immediately became evident that she was probably innocent.

Just probably. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776 168 14
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 | 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 When Mara Santiago is laid off from work and dumped by her boyfriend...
414 62 10
❛❛𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒏𝒕; 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓...
147K 29.3K 56
Everyone calls her a bad girl, a delinquent and a devil in disguise but no one truly knows her. Meet the insecure Isabella, the girl every guy wants...
497K 1.9K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!