In Need of a Bad Boy [COMPLET...

נכתב על ידי beautifulgreeneyes

After completely transforming herself, Payton was not ready for the surprise that would come her junior year... עוד

In Need of a Bad Boy
Chapter One - Enter the Bad Boy
Chapter Two - Broken Bonds
Chapter Three - Unappreciated Siblings
Chapter Four - Diner with a Side of Secrets
Chapter Five - Stalled Passengers
Chapter Six - Party Fun Zone
Chapter Seven - Heels, Heights, and Hook Ups
Chapter Eight - Pancake Day Off
Chapter Nine - Muddy Baths and Dirty Showers
Chapter Ten - Secret Knowledge and Sneaky Bitches
Chapter Eleven - Deadly Topics and Disguised Pills
Chapter Thirteen - Crazy Fights and Catching Clothing
Chapter Fourteen - Unexpected Faces and Tortured Fate
Chapter Fifteen - Expected Answers and Easy Anger
Chapter Sixteen - Fights and Forgetfulness
Chapter Seventeen - Sneaks and Secrets Revealed
Chapter Eighteen - Failure and Truth Telling
Chapter Nineteen - Soft Days and Blissful Nights
Chapter Twenty - Kisses and Text Misses
Chapter Twenty One - Hot Nights and Cheese Fights
Chapter Twenty Two - Dares and Scares
Chapter Twenty Three - End of Pain, End of Insane

Chapter Twelve - Terrible Memories and Recovered Fear

14.7K 430 18
נכתב על ידי beautifulgreeneyes

I woke up to the piercingly bright lights coming from an unfamiliar room. Every time i tried to open them it was a major struggle.

I saw my mom sitting in a chair by the door looking around and playing with her fingers nervously. Stephanie was in the chair next to her tapping away on her phone. I shut my eyes again, not wanting them to know I was awake so I could have some peaceful time in my head.

There was a pounding headache in my head, and all of my joints hurt. I had no idea where I was or why I was here, but the last thing I remember was the candy...and then everything was pretty fuzzy.

There came the sound of a squeaking door and then soft footsteps.

"Mrs. Reese, can I talk to you for a second outside?" a low, but strong voice said.

"Sure, Doctor Hanophy." my mother's voice responded. Doctor? Was I in a hospital?

I heard them both leave and I opened my eyes to find Stephanie staring at me from across the room.

"Hey." I said softly, giving her a weak smile.

"Don't 'hey' me, what the hell were you thinking?" she got up and came to the side of the bed, her hands on her hips.

"Steph, I-" I didn't know what to say, could someone please tell me why I was here???

"Do you konw how much trouble it would have put us in? You could have died, Payton, did you ever think of that? Of course not, because you do whatever you want whenever you want." she said, beginning to ramble to herself.

I tried to sit up more in the bed, but Stephanie but her arm lightly on my shoulder, "Lay down, the doctor said it's not good to sit up yet, your heads gonna hurt." her voice came out soft, and I did as she said.

"Could you tell me why I'm here?"

"You honestly don't remember?" she asked, her eyes widening a slight bit.

"It's kind of hazy after we drove home." I say, my voice cracking.

"You OD'ed." (A/N: spelling?) she whispered quietly, sitting in a chair next to the bed and holding my hand. I had never seen her like this, so nice. We didn't have that good of a relationship, but I guess I had myself to blame for that.

"I what?" my voice barely audible. 

She nodded, "Mom found you passed out in the bathroom, we took you here to the hospital and they said there was traces of recently taken Seroquel in you blood. You haven't taken that in years."

"It's only been a few months..."

"They're going to question you though, so tell them the truth please." she said and the door opened at the end of the room.

"Ah, she's up!" the voice of the doctor returned and I looked at Dr. Hanophy, seeing my mother run in behind him, coming over to give me a giant hug.

"Oh, sweetheart! I was so worried!" she muffled into my shirt.

"So, Payton, do you remember anything that happened?" Dr. Hanophy's calming voice rang out as my mother let go of me.

"Uh, a little. What day is it?" I sounded stupid, but who knew how long I'd been asleep!

"It's still Wednesday, around 7 o'clock, you've only been here a few hours. But I want to talk to you about what happened. There was Seroquel found in your blood. Where did you get it?" he looked at me expectantly.

"I had a perscription for it in 9th grade..." It was starting to come back to me, the candy, the toilet, the cabinet searching, and then the old discovered pills. "I found them in the back of the cabinet and I don't know why I took them." I say. I looked up to the ceiling, not knowing what to say. Was I going to get in trouble? 

He hummed a recognition and nodded as he wrote something down on isr clipboard. "Why did you need the perscription?"

"Do we really have to talk about this now, Doctor? It's personal and I don't want Payton revisiting it." my mother said from across the room.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Reese, but in order to treat Payton we must know what she's taken and what's necessary about her health." he looked at me again, expecting me to answer.

"I had a mild bipolar disored." I whispered, suddenly self concious as I saw my two family members squirm in their seats at the bad memories.

"Why did you stop taking it?" the Doctor asked, again jotting down things on his clip board.

"They told me I had gained control of it and that they weren't necessary."

"Well, I'm going to suggest you start taking it again. We can call you in a new perscription, because it seems as though it has returned, and probably gotten more serious. This little stunt was like an inner force, it doesn't feel like it was you, does it?" 

I slowly shook my head, realizing what he meant. So my bipolar disorder had become even more serious? I thought I was done being a freak!

"It would explain the sudden suicidal actions..." the doctor trailed off, writing on his clipboard and glancing towards me.

"Oh, no, they weren't suicidal! I promise! I just don't know what came over me, I..." tried to explain but then looked around and saw the doubtful looks on all of their faces and decided to stop. Was it suicidal? I had no idea...

"I'll call in the perscription and have it ready at the pharmacy for tomorrow." then he exited through the door. 

"Is it true, sweetheart? Because I could always send you somewhere to get help. I don't want you-" my mother began.

"No, mom. I'm not suicidal. I love my life, why would I try to kill myself?" I lied. I wasn't suicidal, but I didn't love my life completely.

"Well you gave us such a scare, please don't ever do something like that ever again!" she kissed my forehead, "Jim's coming to get us soon, but we'll be back after dinner to say goodnight." 

She and Stephanie walked towards the door, Stephanie gave me one last smile before being stopped while exiting the door.

"What do you want?" I heard her ask someone, the voice is faint and I can't hear who it is.

"Well she isn't ready for visitors so I won't let you see her." Stephanie tried to close the door behind her as she left but the myseterious person stopped her. 

"This is family business! It's none of yours!" I heard her yell.

"Steph?" I called out, causing her head to snap in my direction, she bit her lip.

"Payton?" I heard the voice call, more clearly now, and I could immediately tell who it was. Carter's head came around the door frame and a look of fear washed over his eyes as he looked at me.

"It's okay, Steph, he's fine." I nodded to her and she left angrily, closing the door behind her. 

Carter's hair was messy as usual, but he still managed to pull it off. He was wearing relaxed jeans with a t-shirt, and he ran his hand through his hair as he took in the sight of me.

"That bad, huh?" I asked, blushing as I looked away.

"No-no you look fine, it's just scary seeing you here." he said, avoiding my searching gaze.

"Can you kiss me, Carter?" I say, feeling a little desperate and out of my comfort zone. But I wanted him to treat me like the same girl, I didn't want people to treat me differently.

"No...Payton."

"Why not?" I half whinned.

"Because I...I can't. It's not what you want. I'm not the satisfaction you really want." he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yes. It is. Don't make this harder than it already is, Carter, Just kiss me." I say, reaching for him but he steps back before I can grab him. I look up to him, my mouth open in shock and I can feel the tears welling up when I make eye contact with him. There's sympathy and pain written all over them and he's not even trying to hide it. "Well fine. I don't know why you came here, but just leave."

He gives me one last look and then turns to leave.

"Why did you even come here?" I call to him before he could walk out the door.

"I don't even remember. Maybe to see if you were okay?" he raised his eyebrows and then stormed out the door.

How could he? He thought I was a freak because I accidentally overdosed? Unbelievable. And here I was thinking he was coming here to comfort me when all he was doing was being a jerk.

~*~*~*~*~

Ehh, kind of a filler chapter. Had a lot of necessary information, but the plot will start picking up very very soon, I promse :)

What do you guys think of Carter now

Vote, Comment, Fan, whatever your heart desires

<3

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

178K 5.7K 27
Teenage Girl who Starts Her First day of School,as a Junior at Los Angeles High School. She has a Best Friend Whoms Name is Jacob,Jacob Fall. Theres...
3.1M 77.2K 33
Things were never the same for her after her mother died, when it came to trying to please her family while also helping herself, Stephanie struggled...
22 0 21
Carter Briggs lived a rough life. he was born into a family that was doped up constantly, and was forced away with his half sister at age two. they e...
399K 9.4K 45
Copyright © 2014 by casey pascoe. All rights reserved * * * One mistake and he is forced to spend one hour a day with her. Ugh. One mistake and sh...