From dusk till Dawn. (A Werew...

By NotTheRealAdele

Dawn is 22-years old and a Beta's daughter. She is strong,fast,outgoing and has a great sense of humor. She i... More

Prologue:
chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
chapter 4:
chapter 5:
chapter 6:
chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
chapter 9:
chapter 10:
chapter 12:
chapter 13:
chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
chapter 20:
chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Bonus Chapter:

Chapter 11:

7.4K 210 17
By NotTheRealAdele

Chapter 11:

Song: James- sometimes

The flight to Spain was a long and tiring one but thankfully I had Alvaro by my side who proved to be extremely entertaining. He would make up funny stories about the people that were travelling with us, giving each one a weird name and career.

For instance, there was this man who was probably in his sixties that was sited right next to us. He was bald and had a funny moustache. The man was short, with a cute belly and he looked like someone’s grandfather. Alvaro decided that his name was Miguel and he was a retired stripper who was visiting his boy toy in Spain.

Everytime the man looked at us I couldn’t help but picture him in a stripper’s thong while in bed with a twenty year old boy. Let’s just say that my continuous giggles were making all the passengers uncomfortable. The poor man could obviously tell that we were discussing him so he ended up giving us evil stares that made us laugh even harder.

We were being assholes and we knew it.

This is how we occupied our long hours on air, joking around and enjoying each other’s company. In the small period of time that I had known Alvaro, I had grown awfully attached to him.

Spending so many days training for my exams with him contributed into bringing us closer. I honestly couldn’t imagine my life without him in it anymore.

Unfortunately though, due to the fact that I had been so focused on getting my degree, I had neglected the romantic side of our relationship. Sure, while hanging out we would hug and peck each other’s lips all the time but it was never more than that. Alvaro was always so respectful and careful around me, which I loved, but I was more than ready to bring the passion back into our lives.

I knew sometimes it was hard for him to be so in control but he was such a gentleman. I realized pretty quickly that it was the way he was brought up- he couldn’t help it.

And I knew how lucky I was to have a mate like that but I was more than ready to take our relationship into the next level. One step at a time.

We landed on the ‘Barajas’ international airport in Madrid at 4 o clock in the afternoon, right on schedule. Alvaro explained to me that we would have to drive for around 3 to 4 hours in order to get to his hometown: Albarracin.

I immediately googled the town’s name and was rewarded with a million pictures of what seemed to be a breathtaking place. Albarracin had it all. It had beautiful castles for me to explore and amazing forests to run free in my wolf form. It wasn’t one of these big cities where people only had time for their jobs and their dinners at fancy restaurants.  As Alvaro had mentioned it was a small and homey one where everyone knew each other’s names, cared for each other’s wellbeing and lived in peace.

It was the perfect place for me.

In the beginning, I had thought that the village might be a bit too much on the old-fashioned side but my mate quickly dismissed my assumptions.

“It has pretty much the same luxuries a big city does. It’s just more private. Mateo's grand grand-father wanted the pack to live in a town where everyone could be free to be themselves without risking exposing ourselves to the humans. Throughout the years, we learned how to keep up with human technologies’ just so we can be up-to-date. Especially now that Mateo is the Alpha I believe the town will advance even more in that department, meeting more glorious days.” Alvaro had said to me when we were still on the plane, pride filling his statement.

As we made our way out of the airport with our suitcases in hand, we both noticed Carlos sitting on his car, waving his hands at us with a huge smile on his face.

“Brother! Sister! Over here” he yelled at us and we both chuckled before walking faster towards him, reaching him in just a few steps.

“Dawn” he said at full volume and came closer to me giving me a tight hug.

I hugged him back instantly before responding “Hey, it’s nice to see you”

Alvaro teared Carlos away from me playfully “Get off my mate. No hug for me, hermano?”

“Nah. You aren’t cute enough” Carlos answered in a teasing manner that made me grin

I was just getting to see my mate interact with his brother for almost the first time and I found the dynamic of their relationship so interesting… and really funny.

“Let’s get your suitcases in the car so we can get this show on the road” Carlos said simply and took my luggage while Alvaro put his own suitcase in the trunk.

My mate insisted on driving us although Carlos protested saying we were probably very tired from our trip. This was true, considering the fact that I fell asleep almost instantaneously as our drive started. 

Alvaro took the wheel and with me by his side and Carlos in the backseat our journey began.

I woke up some time later, curled up by my mate’s side with his hand all wrapped protectively around me in the backseat. I turned my head towards Alvaro who looked at me affectionately.

“Did you know you look really cute when you’re asleep?” he said sheepishly

“How in the world did we end up in the backseat?” I asked confused

“Turns out Carlos was right. I was too tired to drive. At some point I felt exhausted so we switched places. You looked really uncomfortable in the front seat so I carried you here. You didn’t even notice. You actually snuggled impossibly close to me” Alvaro explained with a smirk

I gave him a raised eyebrow and pushed him away from me jokingly “you wish”

Carlos’s laughter echoed in the car, reminding me that he was also here “We are just an hour away from home now. Let’s stop at this small diner for some food” he suggests and both Alvaro and I nod in agreement.

Just like Carlos had mentioned, an hour and a half later we saw a beautiful sign with the words “Welcome to Albarracin” written on it. We were finally here.

Right in front of us there was a massive silver gate that looked kinda forbidding. Carlos got out of the car and swiftly made his way towards the alarm sensor and pressed a code. The gate’s doors opened widely and before I could comprehend what had happened we were moving inside.

“Welcome home” Alvaro whispered in my ear and all I could do was nod in awe.

In front of me was the most astonishing castle I had ever seen. It was enormous to say the least and it had a mysterious aura as if it held a million secrets.

(The castle)

“This is our pack house. Mateo said we could stay here for as long as we wish.” my mate explained 

“Most of the pack members live here anyways although there are a lot that have their own houses around the village.” Carlos added

I swallowed loudly, still a little speechless by the sight before my eyes. Besides the castle, there were giant trees and beautiful flowers everywhere which made this place look like heaven.

I noticed that the road on my left led somewhere else but I couldn’t see where since the massive trees where blocking my vision.

“Where does the road lead?” I asked curiously

Alvaro followed my gaze and saw wat I was staring at “To the main town. There are shops, restaurants, bars and all kinds of facilities there. I’ll take you there sometime. It is just a ten minute drive.”

I nodded understandingly while Carlos parked the car right in front of the castle.

“We’re here” he said cheerfully and got out of the vehicle

Alvaro took my hand in his and opened our door so we can get out as well.
The two guards that where standing stoically on both sides of the main door quickly approached us and bowed their heads a little

“Welcome home Beta. Let us take your luggage inside” the shorter one said

“It’s nice to see you both.Pepe, Diego this is my mate Dawn” Alvaro introduced us

“Nice to meet you” I said politely

“You too, Miss.” the shorter one whom I figured out was Pepe replied. The other man seemed a bit quiet, like he wasn’t really a fan of socializing so I just left it at that.

“Let’s get inside, shall we?” My mate proposed with his hand on my back urging me softly to walk. “I just wanna warn you, my mother is inside so you will be meeting her. She is an amazing person but she is too emotional at times. And considering the fact that she hasn’t seen me for quiet sometime… this might be a bit overwhelming.”

I nodded simply, not trusting my voice.

Carlos reappeared right next to me alongside the two guards and gave me a reassuring smile. Pepe opened the door for us and we walked slowly inside.

The minute I noticed my surroundings my breath got caught up in my throat. The castle was even more marvelous on the inside. From the beautiful diamond chandeliers, the remarkable paintings to the pair of white flight of stairs right in front of me this place looked like a dream.

The Albarracin castle was so different from what I was used to but I couldn’t but appreciate its beauty.

I stayed frozen in my spot, completely at lost for words.

Alvaro was the first one to notice my dumbfound expression which made him chuckle. He squeezed my hand lightly and whispered in my ear “It’s astonishing, isn’t it? Our pack house usually has that effect on people that visit it for the first time”

“Don’t worry. You get used to it pretty quickly” Carlos said politely

“It’s beautiful” I stated still a bit stunned

“So you are indeed back” we heard a voice comment before no other but Jordan made her way towards us looking as good as ever which was a strike to my ego.

After spending so many hours travelling, I looked a bit drained and tired while she looked like a supermodel. Agh!

“Hello to you, too.” Alvaro said in his usual jokey manner which made her smile. I tightened my grip on my mate’s hand and gave her an innocent smile

“It’s nice to see you again” I said faking a sweet tone

She smiled back, obviously humored by my manners “You too, Dawn. Come on- Everyone is waiting for you guys in the dining hall. Fiorella has been driving everyone crazy these past few days.”

“Oh yes that’s true actually. Mom kept on telling everybody that her baby will be coming home soon. I swear she was acting as if he had gone missing for 10 years straight or something” Carlos said and we all laughed while walking a bit faster to the dining hall.

We finally reached what seemed to be a huge room and I knew I was a few seconds away from meeting my future mother-in-law. It was kinda weird using that word but it was accurate. After the mating ceremony, Alvaro and I will be practically married.

Jordan opened the door without any warning and got inside swiftly with Carlos right behind her. Alvaro gave me a sweet kiss on my hand in a soothing way that encouraged me to step forward as well.

The first thing I noticed was how Alpha Mateo was at the head of the table with Carly by his side. Right next to them was a woman around her fifties that looked an awful lot like my mate. With her long black hair and those astonishing blue eyes that were extremely familiar, I knew right away that this must be Fiorella, my mate’s mother.

“Oh god” The beautiful woman squealed when she noticed us. She got up and approached us just as we stepped closer to her

To my surprise, she fixed her teary eyes on mine and gave me a heart-warming beam “You must be, Dawn. You have no idea how happy I am to meet you. Carly here mentioned just how precious you are, but you are even cuter in person” she said with a thick accent

“Me too, Mrs. Pasillas. I’ve heard so much about you.” I answered her sincerely

“Oh call me Fiorella. And give me a hug, we are huge huggers in this family” She replied and hugged me softly

Then, she turned her eyes on my mate and I swear I saw him swallow hard as if he was a bit frightened.
She pointed her fingers at him accusingly before saying “You! How could you only call me once or twice a month for 4 years straight, hijo? It’s been two years since I last saw you” Fiorella told him in a shaky voice and my heart tightened at how broken she sounded.

Madre… you knew it was hard for us to find time to call you. Between travelling to other packs to find our Luna and trying to manage to do well at college, there was not just much free time honestly. What matters is that I am here now, right?”

Si” she said, her voice cracking

“Dame un abrazo, madre” (give me a hug, mother) Alvaro said, a smile playing on his lips

They hugged each other tightly after all this years and I couldn’t but stare at the sweet scene in front of me.

“This is touching. Come on, Dawn –let’s sit. You must be hungry” Carlos said lightening up the mood

We took our sits on the table, Alvaro sitting next to his mother with me on his side. Carlos sat right across from us with Jordan close to him.

“It’s so nice to have you here. I asked Tilda to fix us some dinner and prepare your rooms. You must be exhausted.” Mateo said to us while something that smelled heavenly was served.

“This is fideua I’ve been in love with this dish since I moved here. I think you’ll love it too, Dawn” Carly mentioned and I dove right in, having missed homemade meals.

The dish was delicious. It was noodles with some kind of sea food and the combination was mouthwatering.

“So, our dear Beta couple now that you are here, I think it would be time for us to have the official transition ceremony. And I want to introduce Carly as Luna, although everyone has already accepted her.” Mateo stated looking at his mate with adoration

“You haven’t had it, yet?” I asked a bit surprised

“I thought it would be better if you guys were here as swell. That way, Alvaro can introduce you as the Beta female on the same day.” Carly explained to us and I was touched by her thoughtfulness.

“I would really like that.” I said shyly not looking at my mate who had his gaze on me

Alvaro kept his eyes on me when he added “It would make me the happiest man alive to inform everybody that we belong together”

I am pretty sure I blushed like a school girl at his words and took a small peak at my mate’s striking eyes. He was still staring at me intensely and I couldn’t look away. Thank god Mateo cleared his throat and brought out attention back to our discussion

“Great. It’s settled then. I will talk to my father about having the ceremony in a few days” the Alpha said simply.

A/N: This chapter is a bit shorter😇 who wants to visit Albarracin just as much as I do?
Please vote+comment ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 41.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
76.8K 2K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...
410 39 17
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
27.7M 632K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...