BURNED DREAMSโ–ช๏ธ F. WEASLEY โ–ช๏ธ...

By willadesroches

๐๐Ž๐“ ๐…๐ˆ๐๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐„๐ƒ, ๐’๐“๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐๐† โšก A woman returns home, expecting to find a drizzle, only... More

chapter I: lyra
chapter II: lyra
chapter III: fred
chapter IV: lyra
chapter V: lyra
chapter VI: fred
chapter VII: lyra
chapter VIII: lyra
chapter IX: fred
chapter X: lyra
chapter XI: lyra
chapter XII: fred
chapter XIII: lyra
chapter XIV: lyra
chapter XV: lyra
chapter XVI: fred
XVIII: lover
XIX: pride & prejudice
XX: few stars less
XXI: a grim old place
XXII: evasion
XXIII: the end of beginning

XVII: a death eater in disguise

49 2 0
By willadesroches

      ''IT SAYS I HAVE TO TAKE MUGGLE STUDIES.'' Ruelle said, hiding behind parchments at Slytherin table. ''Are they stupid? My grandma would skin me alive is she knew I took NEWTs in that.''

The breakfast was going quite smoothly, just like their conversation, until Ruelle got an answer from Ministry. Few weeks ago, she sent a letter asking what NEWTs does she need to take in order to work as Unspeakable. That morning, Katherine and Lyra both regretted eating with her.

''Rue, please.'' Katherine sighed and shot Lyra a look that could only mean Help me. ''I'm sure she wouldn't.''

''Do I need to remind you that she was the one who almost legalized Muggle hunting?'' Ruelle dropped her parchments on the table and raised her eyebrows threateningly at Katherine.

''No.'' Katherine sighed, accepting the defeat and focusing on her pudding.

''What do you have to take, Lyra?'' Ruelle asked, hidden once again behind parchments.

''Dunno, I left it back in dorm.'' Lyra shrugged. ''I know I don't need Muggle studies for being an Auror.''

Lyra had just finished her lunch when Draco, red-faced stomped to her so fast that she felt herself spinning. A furious glint in his eyes, just the one Lucius had when disrespected, gave away the fact that both, Lyra and Draco started their day on wrong foot.

''Do you mind if I borrow Lyra for a moment?'' he said venomously, Katherine and Ruelle looking as confused as ever.

''Off we are, boy.'' Ruelle shrugged and left the table as Draco toppled into the seat opposite of her.

''Alright, why are you angry now?'' Lyra sighed.

''Have — you — seen — this?'' he whispered angrily, gripping The Quibbler in his hands as on the front page stood HARRY POTTER SPEAKS OUT AT LAST. ''Page 126.''

In a second, the 126th page showed itself and there stood the title The company of The Dark Lord. Among the names of people Lyra knew to be her home's frequent visitors, names Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange stood out the most. Lyra was speechlessshe thought she was on good terms with Potter, especially after he talked to her nicely last week.

''Who did this?'' Lyra asked, glaring at the Gryffindor table where Fred, George and Ginny laughed heartily with Harry, Ron and Hermione. ''Who started this?''

''Oh, I'm sure you know.'' he answered, sparing a glare to them. ''But I don't why are you shocked by your name showing here. Bella was in Azkaban for years.''

''Shut up.''

''What are we going to do?''

''We? There's no we.'' Lyra scoffed angrily. ''I'll deal with this and you'll pretend nothing happened.''

''No!'' he protested, throwing his arms in dramatic manner. ''You always get to do everything important!''

''Yes, that's because you're a boy.'' Lyra sighed, anger slowly boiling in her.

''I'm a man.''

''You're an idiot.''

''I want to deal with this!'' he protested, crossing his arms and standing proudly.

''Enough. Go stalk Potter or something and leave me alone.'' Lyra said coldly and he hesitated for a moment, but still moped back to Crabbe and Goyle.

She was 'working' for Order undercover, but this? They couldn't do this to her; openly smearing her name all over the magazine even though they had no proof she was a Death Eater. Maybe it was time to put some things to end and maybe, Lyra should find out where her loyalty resides.

Lyra left the table and headed to greenhouses, enjoying the fresh end of February, forgetting her worries for a moment. The rest of the day dragged on as she succesfully avoided Fred and sent him cold glances, plus NEWTs were approaching and she had to get those Os.

Sometimes, Lyra was glad she only had couple of friends; she had her peace and quiet and they, as well, knew when to keep their distance. Then again, loneliness always knew how to find its way to her heart.

Lyra collapsed onto her bed in dorm, waving her wand to put books in places.

''You got a letter.'' Ruelle barged in, startling Lyra.

''Who's it from?'' Lyra wasn't really sure she wanted to read it as she had a feeling that it would be her parents writing.

''Your mum.'' she shrugged. It was incredible how Ruelle quickly got used to fact that Lyra's parents were imprisoned Death Eaters as it usually took children aback. Halfway through their first year, Lyra realized that she had already seen those chocolate eyes somewhere. Her father had the exact shape and colour - and he was a companion of Bellatrix and Rodolphus too.

Ruelle never really talked about her mother; Katherine and Lyra never pressed that topic, for that they knew she was sensitive about it. They only knew she was a rebellious, dark-haired woman named Aurelia Travers. It left impact on Ruelle; her mother was killed in muggle accident in their third year and Ruelle was never the same.

''Well?'' Ruelle asked, staring at her as she read her letter.

''Mhm?'' Lyra scanned the parchment.

''What does it say?''

''Uh, they want me home for Easter? And they need to have a talk with me?'' Lyra murmured confused. ''Ah, I get it now, they're bringing a boy to Manor.''

''HA!'' she screeched. ''A talk!''

''What?'' Lyra asked, staring at her as she rolled on the bed.

''A talk, woman! A talk!''

''I don't understand.'' Lyra sat up to take a better look at her; maybe she drank too much even though Lyra didn't smell any alcohol in the room.

''Do I need to spell it out for you?'' Ruelle smirked smugly and threw herself on the pillows that were thoughtfully arranged.

''Ruelle, you really need to —

''God, you're so stupid.''

''Thank you.'' Lyra sneered. ''It's what I picked up from you.''

''You're gonna have a sex talk.'' Ruelle answered, straight-faced.

Lyra said nothing; she needed some time to absorb the lunacy of her best friend.

''Do you know what sex even is?'' Ruelle asked, a serious expression on her face. ''It's ok, I'll explain it. You know, when a man and woman love —

''I KNOW WHAT SEX IS!''

''Alright, alright! It's just you weren't saying anything. . .'' she shrugged and the rest of the sentence was drowned in pillows.

''They're not going to have a talk with me.'' Ruelle just opened her mouth to answer back when Lyra quickly added. ''Because they already had.''

''Oh. . .'' Ruelle cracked a grin.

''It's alright, Rue.'' Lyra sighed and smiled tiredly. ''Let's just find Kate and get to dinner. I'm starving.''

It is painful to say that Lyra's life is boring, but it was the truth she had to eventually acknowledge. She had everything, well except normal childhood and maybe ideal parents.

Brought up in the shadows of Malfoy Manor, Lyra never really developed mother-daughter relationship with Narcissa; her aunt was, undoubtedly, pampering over Draco all the time. Not that it bothered her, of course — but it made her lose that empathetic part of her. A part she realized she often needed, a part she especially needed when she found herself falling for a boy, even though she promised herself she wouldn't.

Fred was a first person she's liked; she didn't even know what she saw in him, because, even though it sounded harsh, he was poor and ordinary, whereas Lyra was bathing in gold and unfortunately, coming from a family with a very famous name with a very dark history.

Lyra had a duty to her house, to her family; the phrase Always pure carved itself onto the back of her skull, not letting Lyra forget who she is and what must be done. It made its way towards her skin, her head and her heart, blackening everything in process and not caring for her once-existent hope.

The secrets, the lies, the betrayals taught her to manipulate people because, as a child Lyra was nothing else but a prisoner in her own home, at the moment innocent child whose future was already planned as a spy in Ministry. ''You'll get a nice tattoo when you're older.'' they told her, poisoning her mind with pictures of Muggles under their feet and feeding her power, unaware that the power she's been fed might bring them defeat. But what would they know? What change can a twelve year old bring in this world, especially with the mark of being a Lestrange?

They shaped her into a cold person, empty of feelings and beliefs in love, using Legilimency on her and planting seeds of a pureblood supremacy deep in her. But she was not stupid, Lyra realized the frauds and learnt the art of Occlumency, built her walls high and distanced herself, turning hersef into a person of a fierce nature, impulsive temper and with trust issues.

No wonder how Lyra didn't tell Ruelle that in a letter stood how she is to marry Theodore Nott in a year and a half, when she will be 19.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 21.5K 36
"You'll learn to love him." โง Y/n Vitelli, of a wealthy Italian pureblood family, is forced into a marriage of social advancement with none other tha...
388K 9.5K 105
๐—œ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜€, ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜†๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด. ๐—œ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜€, ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜† ๏ฟฝ...
64 2 14
A young girl named Lyra Lestrange is pressured to act the way her parents wish. After meeting the annoying Fred Weasley she finds the truth about her...
31.2K 644 51
(AU) Draco and Hermione finally realized their feelings for each other. Although they seem to be happy at first, hiding their relationship in Hogwar...