The Bet (The Badboy's Claim S...

By brendathatwriter

currently being edited! [the first story in the badboy's claim series] It was my turn to smirk. "I wanna make... More

THE BET
ONE ✓
TWO ✓
THREE ✓
FOUR ✓
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
WE MEET AGAIN

SIXTY-TWO

4.7K 132 125
By brendathatwriter

KIMORA

"Do you want to move in with me?"

My heart leaped as I stared at Jaxon in shock. I didn't expect him to even ask me this. I spend the night over at his house often but, living with him would be a huge change. Not only him but, both of us.

I noticed I was taking too long to answer him and he was looking anxious.

"Why so soon? Why not wait until after school is over?"

He shrugged. "I just don't like the idea of not waking up to see you in the morning."

I rolled my eyes. "That's not the real reason and you know it."

Jaxon took a deep breath. "Because... I don't want what happened to Audrey to happen to you. Not again. I want to protect you from Adam or Axel... maybe some other asshole who wants to hurt you." I went to turn my head away from him but, he quickly placed his hand on my cheek, making me stare at him. "I don't want to lose you again."

I could see the hatred from them burning in his eyes but, the sorrow was there for me. It pained me to see him like this. He didn't have to say anything. I could tell from his eyes that he is begging for me to say yes.

I placed my hand over him, giving him a small smile. "Okay... let's do it."

***

"So let me get this straight..." My Dad held the bridge of his nose. "Jaxon asked if you want to move out and you actually want to?"

I nodded and my Dad narrowed his eyes at Jaxon. "What are your intentions with mi hija?"

My Mom elbowed my Dad in his side, making him shut his mouth but, he still had his eyes narrowed on Jaxon. "I think this would be wonderful but, why not wait until you two finish school?"

Jaxon shrugged. "Well, I figured it'd be wise. Kimora spends her time over at my place often and I also wanted a change of scenery." He lied straight through his teeth. I don't know how good he is at doing that. My parents both seemed intimidating enough.

She nodded in understanding but, something else was hidden behind her eyes. I wasn't sure what it was. Maybe she knew that Jaxon just wanted to protect me. I can never find out what's going through this woman's mind.

My Dad sighed. "Fine. You can live with him."

We all looked at my Dad in shock. My Mom crossed her arms, observing him. "Are you even my husband anymore?"

He rolled his eyes. "Look, I am fine with it as long as we get to visit once and a while and you come and visit us."

"Of course!" I hugged him. "Thank you, Dad!"

Matthew walked into the living room. "Great. Now that that's settled. Can I have Kimora's room?"

I glared at him. "What do you need my room for? You have your own."

"Dad and I's mancave. We planned it for when you were going to move-" My Dad quickly covered his mouth but, it was too late.

"So that's why you are fine with her moving out." My Mom narrowed her eyes at him and my Dad gave her a nervous smile before rushing out of the living room with Matthew.

My Mom sighed, shaking her head. "I can't believe you're leaving me all alone with those two."

"You'll survive."

She sucked her teeth before looking between the both of us. I glanced at Jaxon and he glanced back at me before we both looked at her. "What?"

She smirked, waving her hand dismissively. "Oh, nothing." She walked out of the living room without another word.

As soon as she did, Jaxon grinned and pulled me into a hug. I couldn't help but, giggle. "You sure are happy."

"Of course I am. Let's go home so we can start looking."

I nodded. "Okay."

***

"No."

"What about this one?"

"No."

"This one?"

"No."

"Okay... this one?"

"No."

I glared at Jaxon and he stopped eating his chips. "What?"

"You've been saying no to all these houses for the past hour!"

"They are ugly."

"Because they aren't luxurious like this apartment?" I gestured to his apartment.

He lifted a finger. "Correction. It's a condo."

"Same fucking difference, smart ass." I turned to the laptop, staring at the screen. God, he was annoying. He chuckled like something was funny and kissed my head. "Look, I'm sorry... but, you suck at house hunting."

"Fine. Then you find one." I pushed the laptop to him and he gave me his bag of chips then cracked his knuckles. "Watch and learn, Kitten."

"Mhm." I ate his chips, pulling out my phone to text Audrey back since we've been texting since I saw her this morning. It's honestly crazy to even think Audrey would be dragged into something like this. She's already been through so much abuse in her life... not to mention, her mother is a bitch to her. She deserves to be happy.

"Hey, Jaxon..."

"Yes, baby?"

"Do you know who shot Audrey and Tyler?"

"Oh! Look at this house! This is perfect."

I sighed, thinking to push the question for later. I think he's just concentrated on proving me wrong about finding a better house than me.

We spent a few more hours picking houses and came down to two to pick from. I had to admit, he was good at picking much better ones than me. However, I was telling him that to his face. I didn't want to boost his ego even more than it already is.

Meanwhile, Jaxon was on the phone making appointments for us to go see the two houses we both liked, I took Alex on a walk. I didn't tell him since he was on the phone but, I'm sure he'd figure it out.

Alex usually enjoys his walks but, today was different. He was walking pretty slow and looked more alert than calm. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that a snowstorm was going to be coming soon. I'm not sure but, I decided to cut out walk shorter today and start heading back home.

Unfortunately, there were footsteps behind me. It was far but, they sounded so loud. I dug in my pocket for my pepper spray and turned the corner before stopping for a moment. I waited for the footsteps to come closer. My heart was pounding over the sound of the wind blowing in my ears. I felt my hands get sweating inside my gloves. I hated this feeling of vulnerability. Especially since I was a block away from Jaxon's apartment, how could I reach him in time to be here?

God, I'm so weak...

The footsteps got louder and I got ready as the person stepped around the corner. I didn't hesitate to spray whoever it was in their face. However, they quickly grabbed my wrist, pushing the bottle away from their face.

"Someone's gotten more cautious."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at the sight of Axel. "Axel? What are you doing here?"

"I saw you walking your little doggie and wanted to say hi." Axel kneeled to pet Alex but, he snapped at him causing Axel to jerk back. "He sure doesn't like me."

"If you weren't being a stalker, maybe he would. Then again, Alex is good at telling who has good intentions or not." I crossed my arms. "What do you want?"

He observed me, not showing any signs of emotion per usual. "How would you feel about becoming a stripper?"

"What?"

"How-"

"I heard you but... why are you asking me that kind of question?"

"Because I am going to be running a strip club in a few weeks. I'm sure you'd make a perfect one."

"N-"

"Before you decline my offer, I have a proposition."

It was my turn to observe him. Those blue eyes not giving any kind of clue up. I don't know how someone can remain so emotionless. I'm pretty sure he taught Jaxon how to do it...

I'm not sure what his intentions are nowadays. Last time I tried to meet up with him, he drugged my wine. He's not to be trusted. I've trusted too much to put myself in an unknown environment anymore.

"And I am going to decline your offer. Good day, Axel." I took several steps.

"I'm sure it'll be very helpful for you to know what your boyfriend is doing." He called out. I paused, turning around slowly. "You're bluffing."

"I'm not. I'll do whatever you want for me to stop him."

I sighed. "J-just make sure he doesn't do anything to get himself into trouble." I paused. "And whoever caused the trouble, shoot them."

"Shoot them?" He raised an eyebrow, his eyes glittered with amusement. "Wow, you're more like me than I thought."

I rolled my eyes. "Goodbye Axel."

***

JAXON

The front door opened and I gazed up from my phone to see Kimora walking in with Alex. She was obviously freezing her ass off. She decided to not wear anything but, a thin sweater. I guess she underestimated the weather today.

I smirked. "Someone is cold."

She blew out an exasperated sigh as she sat on the dining table in front of me. "It's brick ass out there." She took in my all black attire. "You look like you're about to go out there."

"Yeah. Tyler and I have something to handle."

"As in...?" She trailed off waiting for me to finish.

"Something."

She nodded not saying anything else except looking down at me since she was sitting on the table while I was sitting on the chair. I didn't like the way she was looking at me. It was like a parent about to interrogated their child after they misbehaved.

I stood up, now looking down at her. "Don't wait up for me."

"'Something with Tyler' can wait." She wrapped her arms around my neck, playing with my hair. My eyes shot down to her lips as she purred those words. I don't know why she was so alluring right now. I forced my eyes to look at her face. "You want to do this now?"

She nodded, pulling me down into an enticing kiss. The taste of her lips was candy cane today and I had to admit, they tasted good as hell. She always picked the right flavor. My mind told me that I don't have time to do this but, when I went to pull away, her lips were back on mine.

She held the back of my neck as I deepened our kiss. I kept my hands on either side of her on the table, trying to prevent myself from getting too warped into this. Her other hand slipped in my pants and she started rubbing my member to life.

Fuck...

I lifted my hands to touch her but, swatted them away. It took me by surprise.

Her lips left mine, traveling down to my neck, biting and sucking. It was getting harder to restrain myself from taking her right here on this damn table. Yet, I did. "Ki-"

"Shh..."

She hushed me, her stroking sped up and I already felt myself on my verge of releasing myself. She kissed up to my ear before whispering. "You love me, right?"

"Of course." I breathed out.

"Will you stay with me tonight?"

Shit...

I couldn't bail on Tyler... not now. This was too important.

"Kitten... I can't-"

The pleasure stopped and she moved from on top of the table before walking into my room and shutting the door behind her. I stood there flabbergasted, staying at the place where she just sat at.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me." I rubbed my temples and walked into my room to see Kimora sitting on the bed casually, scrolling on her phone as if nothing just happened. I walked over to the bed and she gave me a side eye. "What?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "So you really aren't going to finish me off?"

She yawned dramatically. "Nah. I'm just going to take a shower and go to sleep."

"Kimora, don't be like that."

She ignored me, getting up from the bed and heading to the door. Suddenly, she stopped and turned around to me. "I really hope that whatever your hiding from me is more important than for me to want you here. Safe and not out there getting yourself killed." She walked out of the room, muttering something in Spanish.

"Kimora!" I called out but, I got the slam of the bathroom door as a response.

"Dammit..."

Another text from Tyler brought me back to what I had to deal with in the first place. I could worry about dealing with Kimora later. She'll forgive me by the time I get back. I wrote a note that I'll be back late and left it on the end table before heading out.

***

"It's about damn time you made it." Tyler glared at me as he got into my car.

I put the car in drive and we were off. "Sorry, I had to stop at my parents' house."

He scrunched up his nose. "Why?"

"Kimora wouldn't let me use the shower."

It clicked in his head and he laughed. "I'm guessing you told her?"

"No. She got mad because I didn't say anything and wouldn't stay with her for the night." I sighed. "Thanks for getting me in trouble."

He sucked his teeth. "Don't get mad at me because you'll be DOP."

"What the hell is DOP?"

"Deprived of pussy, duh."

"I will throw you out this car."

He laughed and I rolled my eyes, chuckling a bit myself. It was good to see him in a lighter mood than earlier. Yet, the laughter ended short as he started getting serious. "Caleb said Adam is at The Diamond Club right now."

I nodded, gripping the steering wheel. My blood was pumping with adrenaline and anger. I was ready to put a few bullets through that son of a bitch or maybe several punches.

The rest of the ride was us just going over the plan. Tyler was going to come through the back and I was going to come through the front. We'll drag him out back and ask some questions (if I could hold myself back while asking him questions) then, he was dead. It was simple and I liked that about it.

One thing for sure, the guilt was trying to tell me to turn back around and go home. I know if Kimora found out I'm breaking her promise, she'd be upset. Yet, this had to be done. I needed it to. I couldn't rest knowing he could come out of the woodworks and lay his hands on her again. Maybe even to try and kill one of our friends again. If Kimora knew who had shot Audrey, she would've probably agreed with me.

So tonight, Adam was going to die.

We found a parking spot three blocks down from the club. We didn't need any cameras to spot my car plate. If it did, Caleb could take care of that.

"I'm going to go around back," Tyler said before slipping into the dark alley.

Thankfully, the front of the club was empty except for a buff bouncer who was a few inches taller than me. The red neon 'The Diamond Club' sign over his head made him have a 3 o'clock shadow and making him seem more intimidating. Yet, I wasn't bothered by his size or his narrowed eyes.

"You look a little young to be here, don't you think?" The bouncer grumbled.

I smiled. "So do you. Why aren't you inside getting yourself a drink and enjoying some girls?"

"I'm supposed to be doing my job."

Shaking my head, I crossed my arms to copy him. "Sometimes people need a break rather than standing outside in the cold. If you want, I could keep watch for you, man."

His eyes gleamed and his hands dropped at his side. "Really?"

"Yep."

"Thank you. I'll be back." He ran into the club like a little kid running into a store to get some candy. Watching him was sad. This was way too easy.

I waited a few minutes before walking into the club. The sound of music blasting me in my ears. It was hot in here that's for sure. I weave through the body of people, standing over by the bar so I could get a view.

It was hard to spot anyone in this club. Especially since the lights were dim and I only got a glance of someone's face because of the blue and pink strobe lights when they flashed.

Dammit. I thought this would've been easier...

"Look what who we have here."

I turned around to someone I wasn't expecting. I haven't seen her in a while. She gave me a flirty smile, her black hair brushing her shoulders now rather than going down her back, and her blue eyes sparkling with lust and remembrance.

"Rain?"

She giggled. "Why are you so surprised to see me?" She ran her hand down my arm. "Don't act like you don't remember your ex-girlfriend."

I stepped back, needing air and space. Rain was the girl who left me after she found out I was involved in a gang with Axel. She was heartbroken and called me a monster. That's why I was so hesitant and afraid that Kimora would've left me because of the same thing. Yet, she understood and stayed... unlike Rain. I liked her a lot but, once she said that I was hurt. That was the last day I saw her because she moved.

I pushed her hand off of me. "My ex that left me because she didn't like who I was."

"We were freshmen, Jay-Jay."

"Don't call me that."

She raised an eyebrow. "What? You used to like it."

"Yeah, well, it's not cute anymore." I checked my phone to see that Tyler texted me to see he found him in the VIP section. I didn't have time for let's catch up with my ex. "Look, I have things to do. Goodbye and goodnight, Rain."

I hurried off, pushing through the crowd this time. I couldn't believe I actually saw her. Especially here... then again, she was always the one who loves the nightlife.

Everything pushed to the back of my head when I saw Adam, sitting in the VIP section, relaxing on the couches. It pissed me off to see him acting so casual after the things he did. No one else was in here so I was glad to see that. I took a few steps closer, aiming my gun out at him and he turned his head. His eyes widen and leaped up from the couch. "What the hell?"

I didn't have the energy in me to talk. I just wanted him six feet under. I was glad no one else was roaming around the VIP area, I could do what I was about to do.

"I hope you're ready to die today." He went running but, Tyler cut him off, aiming his gun at him already. He looked between the both of us.

"Walk out the back and don't say a word." He held his tongue and Tyler and I escorted him out the back doors to the alley. As soon as the door shut close, I punched him in his face. He fell back on the ground, spitting out the blood from his mouth. He didn't get a chance to regain himself because Tyler had kicked him in his rib cage.

"Son a bitch." He groaned, hugging himself in agony. My fists were itching to keep punching him until he was dead. "Why'd you do what you did to Kimora?"

"And Audrey," Tyler added.

He didn't say anything. I grabbed the collar of his shirt.

That's what I realized... this wasn't Adam.

I glanced up at Tyler. "This isn't him."

"What?"

There was light applause at the end of the alley. We both spun around and Adam was standing there all smug with the bouncer I was talking to earlier.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Adam laughed. "Great show! You two are very scary."

Tyler glared at him. "You son of a bitch."

We both were about to whip out our guns but, cold metal pressed to the back of my head and from Tyler's froze state, the same person has a gun to his head as well.

"See you had back up." I glared at Adam.

However, from the look on his face, he seemed lost.

"It's a third party, actually," Axel said from behind us. What the hell is he doing here? "Alright, this gunfight is over."

"Mind your business, Axel." I tightened my grip on the gun. "This doesn't concern you."

"Ah, but it does. My love has asked me to prevent you from getting in any trouble tonight and unlike you, I listen to her."

Kimora knew?!

Fan-fucking-tastic.

"And she also said whoever is the one who caused trouble..." The gun moved from the back of my head and he shot Adam in his leg. "To shoot them."

Adam yelled out in pain, gripping his leg. The bouncer beside him panicked, getting down to his side to try and aid him.

"Now go home," Axel demanded. Tyler and I glanced at each other before looking at Axel. He was pretty serious but, I could tell he was smug about calling Kimora his love and that she actually told him to do something. I hope she didn't know I was trying to kill Adam...

Tyler put his hand on my shoulder, gesturing me to go out the other end of the alley. I sighed, tucking my gun away and left Adam there in pain... but, still breathing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...
108K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
207K 1.5K 8
{Highest Rank - #15 Teen Fiction (8/7/2016)} {Completed - 12/9/2016} {Being Re-Published} {Currently under major editing and also a bit of re-writing...
32.4K 1.6K 38
Started in 2018 Hardcopy available on NotionPress and Amazon *Rank* 1 * in #boynextdoor *Rank* 1 * in #badboylovestory When shy yet sarcastic Daniel...