All She Wanted Was Love

By cantbeduped

"I love you god knows I do but I can't do this. I can't. I put up with the phone calls, the text messages, so... More

All She Wanted Was LOVE
1: Build A Man
2: All Back
3: In My Feelings
4: I'll Hold You Down
5: Excuse Me Miss
6: Just Like A Pill
7: Sitting In My Room
8: Crush
9: It's A Vibe
10: 3 Months Later
11: Where This Love Could End Up
12: Treasure
13: Touch My Body
14: Gone
15: Birth Control & Dick Appts
16: Who Is She To You
17: Busted
18: Studio & Basic Bitches
19: Fight N Temptations
20: Pop Ups & Family Dinners
20.1: Pop Ups & Family Dinners
21: I'm Sorry
22: Can We Talk
23: The Baby Mama/Interview
24: Home Sweet Home
24.1: Home Sweet Home
25: My Brother's Keeper
26: Panic Attack
27: Enemy
27.1: Enemy
27.2: Enemy
27.3: Enemy
28: Shoulda Been There
29: Smoke N Mirrors
30: Cry Me A River
31: The Boy is Mine
32: Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
33: Friends
33.1: Friends
34: He's Mine
35: One Night Stand
36: Song Goes Off
37: Alone
38: All I Have
A/N
39: Half On A Baby
41: Caged Bird
42: God I Get It
43: Day One
44: Sometimes
45: Grass Ain't Greener
46: I Need This
46.1: I Need This
47: Free
48: Truth Is
49: Snakes
50: The Break Up
51: Backstabbers
52: Hi Daddy
53: Heartbeats & Dropping Bombs
54: I'll Be There
55: Drunk Texting
55.1: Drunk Texting
56: Before the Storm
56.1: Before the Storm
57: Please Me
58: Family & Friends Day
59: Blended Family
60: Cat and Mouse
61: Order of Operation
62: Man to Man
63: Press
63.1: Press
64: Baggage
64.1: Baggage
65: False Friends
65.1: False Friends
66: What Have I Done
67: Mourning
68: Birthday Madness
69: First Date
69.1: First Dates
70: First Date 2nd Day Surprises
70.1 First Date 2nd Day Surprises
71: Dinner w/ the Brewster's
72: Inner Demons
72.1: Inner Demons
73: Are You In
74: Baby Shower/Gender Reveal
74.1: Baby Shower/Gender Reveal
75: Catch Up
75.1: Catch Up
76: Slaughter House
76.1: Slaughter House
Read Me!
77: Princess Triple B on Board
77.1: Princess Triple B on Board
78: Daddy Daughter Day
78.1: Daddy Daughter Day
79: Bring Me to Life
79.1: Bring Me to Life
80: The Listening Party
80.1: The Listening Party
🛑ATTENTION🛑
It's Out‼️

40: Lyin King

7.2K 454 407
By cantbeduped

Chapter 40: Lyin King
Dave

Okay, so you just
Go around breaking hearts just to see what is inside
Go around stealing em, feeding em to your pride
Did you ever stop and think that
I might really need that
To stay alive?
I'm starting to believe that
You don't really see that
I had given you my life, oh yeah
But it's okay, I'm going to find my way
But as for you, I don't know what to say
If you don't learn, you'll never know a good thing
You'll never know a good thing
[Lyin King: Jhene Aiko]

"Damn it's fucked up out there" Shooter said as he looked out the small window to see the snow storm in full effect. Anybody that was outside needed to be inside hours ago the snow was coming down rapidly, heavily, and definitely sticking making a massive snow blanket. Luckily for him he was stuck at Dave's crib right along with Bully so he was good for the night and didn't mind being there.

"Word I thought it was gonna be one of those bullshit storms" Bully said as he leaned back against Dave's couch that he had set up in his in home studio setup in his fully furnished basement/man cave. This was a place Dave frequented a lot especially since he had started fucking with Millie again.

"You know we fucked with days like this. This use to be good money we'd shovel bout 4 or 5 spots and be able to get some wings fried hard with shrimp fried rice, a dub or 2, and be good for the next few days" Dave chimed in reminiscing on how they use to come up back in the day for shoveling snow. It might not have been quick money because it damn sure took some time but it damn sure was easy money.

"Hell yea" Shooter and Bully clapped it up agreeing.

"Damn" Shooter sighed looking down at his phone.

"Fuck wrong with you" Dave looked at him and back down at his notebook. He was working on new music for his next mixtape.

"Nothing for you to worry bout just on IG that's all"

"Same shit I said when I read the post" Bully said as he was looking over at Shooter's phone being nosey. It was basically a picture of April snuggled in bed by herself with the caption Cuffin Season where?! Can't relate 😩😂...

"Y'all niggas keeping shit to y'all selves"

"We ain't keeping shit to ourselves. We don't do shit like that. You already know if I got something to say I'm a say it but you'd know if you didn't pull that fuck shit you did last week." Shooter shrugged. Dave already knew who it was about at this point.

"Bruh" Dave put down his pen and leaned back in the office chair he was sitting in. Shooter and Bully had been off him since he unfollowed April. They thought it was a bitch move. Gossip sites were going ham trying to pull stories out their asses and his fans were trying to figure out what was going on between the two. It didn't make it any better that it fueled Millie's battery pack because she was going in like she had won a damn noble peace prize or some shit. Dave had told her countless times to stop but she was still throwing jabs here and there as if April could see them. Then the fact that April had sent him a text before he had the chance to block her on his phone did something to him. He didn't know exactly how she took the unfollow but he knew it wasn't well and he felt bad for that too but he had to do what he had to do. The way he saw it was family first.

"No explanation needed" Shooter put up his hands.

"I gotta hit up lil sis. I keep forgetting her sister moved so she's by herself tonight" Bully opened up his IG messages and shot April a quick text just to see if she was ok. Just because Dave stopped fuckin with her didn't mean he and Shooter had. April would always be their lil sis.

Damn Dave hadn't even thought about the fact that she would be by herself tonight. This was definitely a day where no one should have to spend it alone. He had been so busy with getting his relationship with Millie on track that he was slowly trying to ease April out of his mind, life, and heart as if it was even remotely possible. "She'll be aight. I know she has security close by if she should need anything" Dave shrugged trying to act as if he didn't care but they knew he was putting on.

"Yea at least with them she knows they ain't gonna leave her no matter what" Bully quipped. He couldn't understand how Dave could do some fuck shit like that.

"Get it off ya chest. I know y'all got some shit to say so say it" Dave relit a blunt he had left over from earlier that was sitting in the ashtray beside him.

"Talking bout lil sis to you is pointless bruh" Bully shrugged his shoulders.

"But you obviously got something on ya chest so say it"

"Niggas don't feel like wasting their breath" Shooter chuckled and Bully dapped him.

"Jokes on me right" Dave took a pull from his blunt looking between the two.

"Absolutely" Bully laughed.

"I'm glad you know" Shooter joined in.

"What was I supposed to do? She called it quits not me" Dave somewhat shouted. Luckily for him the studio was soundproof and Millie was upstairs doing God knows what.

"But did you fight for her? No, you knew she had just came back from talking to her ex and her emotions were probably everywhere and running high" Bully said. "She needed you that day"

"Not to mention she made it back early to be with you and you got Millie in ya crib with ya shit on like you don't got a fuckin driver that would've made sure she got home safe" Shooter chimed in. He just like Bully couldn't understand how Dave could be so damn stupid.

"Millie calls and you go running no matter how many times she fucks up. Talking all that shit online bout someone you know is fuckin worth it yet not once has she @ lil sis but she throwing shade for days but ain't bout that life or got shit to compete with her. She might be ya baby mama but she can't even hold a candle when it comes to lil sis and you know that shit"

"You laid up with that woman every single weekend from Friday to Sunday morning since the first time you went to her crib and kicked it with her. Phone calls, facetime, and texts all day long. I don't give a fuck if you had a show and it was over at 3 in the morning you still went to lay up under shawty afterwards. She's at the studio late night, cooking for you, and doing everything and more than someone who wasn't ya girlfriend is supposed to do. Mind you lil sis wasn't even ya lady yet but she was still rocking with you. I'm pretty sure she been needed to talk to Breezy but you got her thinking that once this shit is over and done with it's you and her" Bully went in. "You had a woman that wanted you and didn't need you for shit but to be there for her. Lil sis ain't need no handouts no nothing she can take care of herself but yet she wanted you and you straight played her"

"Bruh don't forget this nigga introduced the two of them the night she left. Not to mention that's the very same day you asked her to be ya girl" Shooter added in. Dave couldn't do shit but listen because he knew they weren't finished so he just continued to smoke his blunt. Besides he knew they were right.

"Exactly not only that but how long have you been single and now once Millie sees shawty she instantly wants you and her so-called family back like she ain't been know you was talking to someone else on a serious level. She thought lil sis was gonna be some random hood rat chick. She wasn't expecting a grown ass woman who had her shit in order. She wasn't expecting you to land a woman like April at all. Where was all the fight when you needed her to fight? It never fails though when you're happy she comes and does what she does best"

"Fuck you over" Shooter ended Bully's sentence.

"Exactly now don't get me wrong I'm happy that you want to try this family shit out again and hopefully this time it works out for you but think bout what it cost you cause we all know you ain't happy" Bully started again. "You just like Millie had ample time to fix and work on y'all relationship but as soon as lil sis comes along now y'all want to work it out" Bully was pissed as hell. He liked April for Dave and liked April in general and thought she deserved way better than Dave had given her. If Dave ever had the chance to make shit right with April again he better go above and beyond because she deserved it. She was worth it.

"And we get it you're doing it for our niece but uncle's baby was happy regardless. You keep putting that shit on Kairi but be honest with ya self. You saw how shit was with lil sis. It was getting pretty serious and before it got too far you wanted to give Millie one more shot to see if it was worth it because you already saw ya future with lil sis. You should've just been real with lil sis from jump and told her what it was. She would've understood. That way she would've had the option to leave before she invested her feelings and her time into someone who wanted the same shit as her but with someone else"

Dave knew they had been holding shit in but damn to hear it out loud he knew he had fucked up. Honestly he knew he had fucked up when he hadn't fought for her when she left him.

"As soon as it started getting serious you should've been like pause. We all know lil sis wanted to be with you but who wants to deal with a baby mama who thinks she can't get her ass whooped like she's untouchable. You forget that she can fuck Millie up without getting her hands dirty" Bully said and shrugged his shoulders. Millie deserved an ass whopping she earned it fair and square.

"Lil sis at home by herself in a bad ass snow storm during cuffin season that I'm pretty sure she thought she would be spending with not only you but with Kairi too. That was the whole point in her and Millie even meeting and now it looks like it was all for nothing. Shit it was all for nothing cause y'all ain't together" Shooter said as he leaned back against the couch and put his phone down getting comfortable.

"Then the way you unfollowed her I know ya ass ain't give her no damn warning. Following and unfollowing niggas ain't even important but keeping it 100 we all know that shit meant way more to you and lil sis. It was y'all way of communicating without actually communicating. She knew what that shit meant. Every time ya ass put a new song out, new video, interview, and whatever else you had going on she was posting up supporting you. She was doing way more than Millie" Bully was still going in. Dave knew he wasn't going to stop until he felt like he got everything off his chest.

"Millie posts bed pics of y'all, half naked pics of herself, fuckin flat tummy tea, family day no problem, all the new shit you done bought her but you will never see her post up any of your accomplishments. Don't forget the trees she be trying to throw knowing damn well she wouldn't be able to catch none of them shits if lil sis threw em back" Shooter took a turn. "Wayment let's thank lil sis for not throwing trees back because she respects you enough not to go in on her and thanks to her for stopping her girls from going in because we all know they want to. Knowing she could fuck up Millie's whole existence but you know what let a nigga stop wasting his breath"

"Can I speak now or can I speak" Dave asked.

"You can do whatever you please cuz" Shooter chuckled.

"Ya right I did want to give Millie another chance" he blurted out admitting to them what they already knew. "I wanted to see if we could work this shit out one last time. Did I mean to hurt shawty in the process? Hell no I'd never want to hurt her intentionally but unfortunately I did. She asked me how I felt bout Millie and I told her she had nothing to worry bout and she didn't until Millie showed interest in trying to make this shit work. Mind you I started fuckin with Millie how many weeks after April called it quits. I fucked up and yea I dropped the ball but like I said it wasn't my intentions to hurt her. I...I just want to give Millie one last shot so I know I tried to make it work. I tried to make my family work even if I had to let the one go. I should've shut Millie shit all the way down but when April said what she said I figured why not see if it works with Millie while I had the chance to. Then I thought that after she spoke to Chris that she would eventually want him back so I gave her a way out too" Dave wiped his hands over his face.

"When I unfollowed her I knew it would low key hurt her feelings but I'm trying to work this shit out with Millie. If I'd a kept her as a friend it would've fuck up this shit I got going on with Millie when I told her I'd actually try and make it work. You think I miss April and I'm not happy ya right but in order for me to try I gotta let her go. I'm not gonna take what April said for granted so I'm gonna see how this shit goes" he rested his head in his hands as his elbows rested in his lap. He looked like somebody shot his puppy. "You know she sent me a text the day I unfollowed her basically saying she wished me nothing but the best and hoped that one day I'd find happiness. She was letting me go just like I was letting her go" Dave sighed. "Not to mention she threw me the deuces and the middle finger"

"As she should but let's be real she was only letting you go because you gave her no choice. I wish you'd a told her straight up when she asked bout Millie. If you had I don't think the both of y'all would be this unhappy. I know lil sis is cooling with her family and shit and she looks happy but she ain't...not fully happy anyway but she's living her life so she'll have a distraction. Hopefully y'all get it right one day" Bully spoke.

"True shit" Shooter agreed.

"If she never would've called it quits we'd probably be together but it most likely wouldn't work cause I'd still be wondering bout the what ifs with Millie. I hope she finds happiness too though. She deserves it. April's a great woman and one hell of a catch"

"She's wifey material. Someone's gonna snatch her up then she'll be cooking, rolling up, sexing, and loving someone else. You think you can handle that" Shooter asked teasingly.

Dave groaned. He didn't want to think about another man doing any of that with April no matter how much happiness she deserved.

"Exactly you can't" Shooter answered for him.

"Ya right I can't but I'll just have to deal with it and focus on my family"

"You my nigga so I hope shit works out for you because you been through a lot and you deserve happiness and love just like the next nigga but you deserve better" Bully said.

"True" Shooter agreed. "You still fucked up though" he chuckled. Dave knew they weren't going to let this shit go.

"Fuck you"

"So how this shit going with Millie" Bully asked.

"Honestly not bad once I started focusing on her. We chill and goof around and it feels like it did in the very beginning which I like. I've just been taking shit a day at a time. I'm a give it my all. I haven't had to complain bout shit besides her being petty on the gram but everything else has been surprisingly smooth. Seeing Kairi smile is a plus. Breakfast and dinner is always ready. She hasn't been beasting over my studio hours and my shows which is good. We're good for the most part" Dave answered honestly. Damn how his life had turned around. He was back with his family and things were looking good while April was by herself once again. He didn't know how she felt about that. All he knew was that he was letting her go and try to live his life without her.

_________________________________________
-Happy Reading I hope you guys enjoy 😊
-Welp Shooter and Bully not with the shits. They know their boy fucked up 😒
-Y'all thought Millie was gonna be acting up 😂 she trying to keep her man! But as you can see she's still starting trouble.
-Dave...Dave...Dave he gotta do better 🤦🏾‍♀️ I'm high key missing him and April my damn self and it's my fault they not together 😂
-Seems like everything is fine in the Brewster household but is it really 🤔
-Talk to me what's on y'all minds🧐
-Any, who sharing is caring so tell a friend to tell a friend. Don't forget to comment, vote, & add to your libraries 😊
-If you aren't commenting no problem just make sure you color that ⭐️ please and thank you ☺️
-I've also been noticing that some ppl have been voting on the last few chapters and no other chapters before that or even commenting meaning y'all have read the story from the very beginning. With that being said can you go back to the beginning and color the 🌟 please and thank you 😊
-HEY NEW READERS I SEE YOU BOOS 😊 I hope you've all been enjoying the story so far. Thanks for reading 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 3.8K 23
No relationship...no ring...and no wedding! Dave and April have called it quits and what would be a world wind romance with a beautiful and loving bl...
40.9K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
328K 18K 67
Be careful what you wish for you just might get it! Don't be alarmed. Don't be afraid. It doesn't have to go the wrong way. In April's case God gave...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...