Stall

By MysteryMixtapes

*Story Contains Mature and Explicit Content* [COMPLETED] "Strangers in the dark can change your life in the l... More

Intro / Warning / Important
Stall Teaser / Trailer
Red Lights / The Beginning
Bathrooms / The Beginning
Leather and Lace / The Beginning
Vodka & Whiskey / The Beginning
Consensual / The Beginning
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.
Chapter 106.
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109.
Authors Note / Bonus Content
STALL Sequel & Teaser

Q&A

253K 4K 4.6K
By MysteryMixtapes

Holla  my lil spicy hoes, heres so answers for you.

When are we getting the sequel?

I'm not entirely sure on a date just yet. I I'm taking a break to work on my other stories to get at least one finished and the other closed to finished so I'm not trying to juggle like four in depth stories at once.

But don't stress! I'm not gonna make you wait months and months or anything.

If you follow me I'll be keeping everyone in the loop with it OR I may post and update here when I start the sequel.

How are you doing mentally?

Mentally I'm never that great haha Writing is what keeps me sane and it's extremely therapeutic. I was super drained after Stall and while I'm sad the first book is done, I was also kinda relieved haha

Did you hide any secrets in your book?

Kinda did, kinda didn't. There's still a lot of small details or clues here and there that I've noticed people haven't caught onto or noticed throughout it. But I guess sometimes it's hard to know because I know what happens and forget everyone else doesn't so I didn't realize it's a secret I've put in there?

I notice each time people re-read it they pick up on new things.

What was the hardest scene to write?

The hardest to write was probably the tapes coming out, everything from chapter 99 - 107-ish. I was stressed to all hell. The last chapter was also super hard to figure out what I wanted in there.

Also any smut, smut stresses me out haha

(How I feel writing smut and making my characters go to pound town)

How did you find the inspiration for this book and the characteristics of the characters?

Well we all know now the start of the story was inspired by true events now haha All of the characters just kind of came naturally.

Harrys character was inspired by a lot of Landon Tewers solo music because I thought it'd be super interesting to create a character around that.

Jimmy is just my dumb sense of humor wrapped up in one package.

Abby is a mix of things, there's common personality traits I share with her and a lot I don't but I wanted a female character that had room to grow and even though she was so timid it doesn't mean she isn't strong or resilient.

I just like characters that have a lot of sides to them, that can't be boxed into just one label or category because that's what people are really like. Humans are multi-faceted, complex and don't just have to be one thing 100% of the time.

I also have a mad boner for shattering stereotypes.

What motivated you to write any story in the first place?

Honestly I'm not entirely sure, aside from the fact that I just felt like it one day. I read a bit on wattpad before I decided to write and whilst there are incredible stories on here that I adore and think are far better than I could EVER do, I just never really found something that ticked every box for me in what I wanted to read. That's all my writing is really, writing stories I'd want to read and that entertain me. So, one day I was drunk and like "might fuck around and write a book".

Why Wattpad? I love free stories as much or more than the next but you should be getting paid $$ to write.

While I appreciate that, the idea of me making money or being paid to write is as insane to me as the notion that anyone has even read my stories. I'm still shocked anyone likes my shit to be honest, ha!

I like wattpad because I get to use gifs, add music and media as well as seeing readers interact with the story - it gives the story this new life and it's amazing to watch. I'm a very visual person, to me with writing I'm just telling the story of a movie in my head with words.

Did/do you know the ending when you start the story?

I didn't know the ending per-se, but I knew the outcome I wanted. Writing the story was just navigating my way to that outcome.

If you make changes, what motivates you to make them?

Usually I'll only make changes that make sense, well make sense to me and make sense for the outcome I'm after for the story (whether that's the moral of the story, or just how I want it to end) . I don't like adding random shit just for drama, or plot twists, or anything like that. I like everything to have a clear purpose and lesson, usually a lesson for the characters or to help them evolve. Sometimes I'll add something to give myself more to work with later on in the story or for me to explore more into in the sequel.

How do you plan your stories? Is there a process?

My process is that I don't have a process, and I feel like that's a fucking awful process to have haha

I just start writing. I get a vague idea for a type of story and just start it and then as I'm going and filling out the characters and their personalities, I work out what they need to work on to develop and get to the end goal I have for the story.

Fun fact most of my stories are based around real events in my life that I turn into fictional stories.

E.g. The beginning of stall

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

"What do you mean? An African or a European swallow" ;)

What made you want to make a harry styles au? other than the fact he's a walking god himself. but out of everyone you could've based this off of, what made harry your muse for this specific story?

I've been waiting for a question like this haha. (this may be long)

So before I start, PLEASE DO NOT COME FOR ME AND BURN ME AT THE STAKE - but I certainly didn't use him because I think he's a walking god, because I don't think that. *hides*

I think he's very talented and charismatic, but I don't see him as more than just a regular person that is in an extraordinary situation.

While I understand that he is attractive to most people, and I understand why and I can appreciate that. It's kinda the same for me as how I can see a painting and appreciate that it's a beautiful painting - that doesn't mean I wanna take the painting off the wall and fuck it.

None of my writing was inspired from any kind of attraction towards him, is what I'm getting at. I don't get attracted to people I don't know personally, I think I'm just weird.

I really didn't know much about him or who he was until a year ago, a friend said I'd like his album because she knows my music taste and a few months later I listened to it and it immediately became one of my favorite, if not my favorite album ever. I adore it.

But that's kinda where that ends for me.

I know fuck all about his personal or social life, or past so I miss 99.9% of the inside references people comment about him on my story. So if you think I've purposely quoted something he's actually said in my story I can promise you I have not.

Only time I've done that, aside from a song reference here and there (and no his song medicine has nothing to do with this story, I still haven't gotten around to listening to it) was when he said "That was rude" in like chapter 24 and that's only because I saw it on a gif when I was searching through them for the story and his reaction in that gif looked perfect for that part. But I had no clue what it was from.

NOW, as a person he seems lovely, kind, and very human which I'm all about. What drew me to him for characters was his ability to be so multifaceted, the fact that he has this ability to transition from soft, to sultry, to goofy, to dark and be extremely feminine or masculine; be extremely fluid and do all of that so naturally.

Fuck man, he's just so interesting to visually base characters around.

I keep my writing as separate as possible from him as a person, because for me he's like an actor playing a part. My stories aren't about him at all. But I'll be damned if he isn't fascinating inspiration.

I treat my stories as if they were movies, that's why I cast people in them because I grew up watching movies (they basically raised me, instead of parents)  not reading books and that's actually what got me interested in fanfiction, was the visual queues of using real people (or characters) - made reading more like a movie for me.

Plus I've always had a soft spot for British accents, my best friends dad who I grew up around was a brit and I adored him, so I guess the love for the accent stuck with me. Plus he was a MASSIVE Fleetwood fan, and Stevie fan so when I noticed that with Harry it won him some brownie points with me.

I've said this a few times, but if I ever made movies that bastard would be my first pick to cast in them for leads for a range of characters.

In a nutshell, if I were Tim Burton (director of Alice in wonderland, Sweeney Todd, Charlie and the chocolate factory ect) he would be my Johnny Depp.

The fact he has such a sweet persona for me, made him perfect for this story because he's not someone you'd expect to be a character like this. And I really enjoy that.

In conclusion, he just fascinates me and he's one of the few people I'd love to pick their brain if I ever had the chance.

How do you update so quickly?

So here's the thing, I didn't know the amount I updated was kinda batshit. I didn't know updating once or twice a day wasn't normal.

It's just how I've done things since I started writing. I write a lot, and apparently I write fast. Sometimes I get stuck and a chapter can take me the better part of a day but sometimes it might only take a couple hours if I know exactly where it's going.

I don't do multiple drafts or spend forever editing (as we can tell from my typos), I just write the entire chapter, quickly glance over it to check for any mistakes (which I miss a lot because my brain goes too fast for my eyes) and then I post it. That's it really.

Any spare minute I have, I'm writing. Whether it's at home, sitting in a waiting room waiting for an appointment, on a bus - literally any chance I get that's all I do.

What are some of your favorite fanfics on wattpad?

Fucking love rubyslippers books, as we all know by now. The Styles Effect was one I REALLY enjoyed because of the humor, it had me cackling. This has nothing to do with harry but I read some Motionless in White fanfictions when I first found wattpad that I found super interesting by Kellyrages.

Most of my faves are in my reading lists on my profile though :)

How long does it take you to write a chapter?

Depends on the chapter. Some take a couple hours but for me personally if a chapter takes me two days working on it periodically, that's a LONG ass time.

As usual smut takes forever because I feel like I suck at it and any chapters with heavy dialogue with multiple characters takes a bit longer.

Chapters that are majority inner monologue or thoughts I pump out like a mother fudger.

When is the Jimmy and Steve story coming out?

I'm going to write that at the same time as the sequel, which is why I'm busting my ass to get my other stories mostly done so I can just focus on them.

Were you originally planning on having a sequel?

I always kind of assumed it would need a sequel, but I just had to work out through the story as I wrote it if I had given myself enough points to work through in a second book.

I would have never continued it just for the sake of it, or just because people wanted it. It needed to have a purpose.

Add more kinky stuff?

(I feel like this was originally not a question and more of a statement but I've turned it into a question anyway :P)

The next book will explore more of that, but in a way that makes sense for Harry and Abby, I'm not just gonna throw stuff in for the sake of it.

Like people wanting him to have a Daddy kink. He was abused by his father, horrifically. I think  the last thing he would want to be called is Daddy. Lol

I'm very pro kink and supporting whatever floats peoples boats and not shaming it, but I also take it seriously and dont want to bastardize it.

This first  book was kind like the warm up for that side of their relationship, if that makes sense. So it can be explored more in the second. Those type of relationships take trust and time, and a lot of communication and figuring out boundaries.

The smut I wrote in this book is what I personally consider quite tame, so... There's also that. 👀

******

Welp, that's all the questions I had, I don't think I missed any but if I did my bad! If there  was something that wasn't asked that you want an answer to, feel free to leave it on this paragraph and I'll answer it.

Thank you again for being the bees knees and giving this book a life of its own.

I never ever say this sort of thing, but, in light of the tonnes of comments and messages I get about it - if you love this story, and want it to be something bigger than it is all I can really say is just share it if you want to.

Share it with friends, talk about it, post about it and just support it like you have been because it's been the most insane thing I ever witnessed and I never ever expected it.

I wouldn't have a clue how to do anything aside from that, this story belongs as much to you guys that love it as much as it does to me.

You're all like one big Stall fam, and it's a beautiful thing.

Appreciate yo asses, and I'm blessed ya  mummas made ya's.

Thanks for existing my dudes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 511 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...
842K 33.3K 66
Warning: DARK ROMANCE Story contains detailed mature scenes possessing dubious consent not recommended for age group below 18 years old. YOU HAVE BEE...
86.2M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...