The Lightfury Rider

By Shell-Shell4

Hiccup is the Chief of Berk, and life seems to be going good... Except for the fact that nearly every other V... More

I'm the chief, sorta
Who I can be, and who I want to be
I am the sole, and rightful queen!
A bright nightfury!
Where the light meets the night
Did I say something wrong?
The Respectful Viking Chief
Who's This?
Inter-Tribe Treaty
This is DunBroch
More In Common Than They Thought
It's Fated
Vikin' Spy
He's Not A Spy!
Our Alliance Is Over!
Fate be Changed
"I Will Destroy Everything You Love"
Beyond Our Control
No Better Chieftess
Betrothal
Farewell to Berk
First Kiss, Maybe Last
The Value of Mercy
The 5th Clan, Clan Berk
Wedding Planning
"Save Them!
The King Has Come Home!
Everyone's Happily Ever After
Power of Three
Even After Valhalla

Desperate Denial

1.4K 46 17
By Shell-Shell4

Why? Why do the Whisps do this? Scrappy, 'neaky thin's! They appeared to Hiccup, and lead HIM to....ME!

The treacherous things! Ah made it clear ah ain't marryin' 'till ah feel ready! But now...they say me an' Hiccup are fated to be together? Maybe they just mean we'll defeat our common enemy together! But...ah'm clutchin' straws, those whisps mean to bring us together. They led me ta 'im, and 'im ta me.

Ah don't know wha' ta think. Et may not be all dat bad, but...NO! Tha clans'll ne're accept it! An ah worked so hard ta win mah freedom, ah can't lose et now!

"Merida?" The Viking lad interrupted my thoughts. I looked up. "What was that glowing blue...thing? And what do you mean by we're fated to be...together?"

Ah freeze at the question. He's the last person ah want to know abou' wha' the whisps meant. He looks at me expectantly.

I shrug and stand up. There's no way ah'm tellin' 'im. "We need ta 'ead to my castle, before everyone assumes da worst!" 

Hiccup looks disappointed but gets up to follow. Our dragons get up too. 

"No, Whisp, mah sweet lassie. Ye can't let anyone see you. Hiccup, tell Toothless to stay with Whisp at tha Standing Stones."

Hiccup nodded. He scratched Toothless' head. "Bud, stay right her with Whisp. It's too dangerous for you to come. I'll be back,  promise."

The nightfury crooned sadly. Suprisingly, Whisp trotted up to 'im and rubbed her head against his. Toothless smiled and cooed in pleasure. He followed her back to the Standing Stones.

I gestured to Hiccup we should get going. He nodded. We made our way back to Castle DunBroch.

🗡💘🏹

Author's Note: Here's the next chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it. Sorry if it's shorter than usual. The next will be much longer. Thank you. Please vote and comment! 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 146 38
Separated just months after marrying Hiccup, Astrid finds herself in her most perilous predicament yet - captured by a ruthless madman, far away from...
38K 888 33
It's been six years since dragons and vikings were united. Hiccup is now chief of Berk due to his father's untimely death, but the loss of one parent...
16.3K 329 27
[Completed] What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance...
104K 3.6K 26
In the kingdom of Berk, the king has summoned all the eligible ladies in the land ages 16-18 to attend an academy to learn to be a princess. At the e...