Jacob's Bet

By ariana-everhart

Riley. The sort of nice, sort of sarcastic, sort of smart, not really stand-outish girl and half-enemy of Jac... More

NOTE
Chapter 1 - Introductions
Chapter 2 - Jacob's Bet
Chapter 3 - He Ships Jacley
Chapter 4 - Dogs Dying
Chapter 5 - Lunch Detention
not a chapter
Chapter 6 - Spell Amy
Chapter 7 - He Shops In VS
Chapter 8 - Kiss Me Kiss Me
Chapter 9 - Party With Reem
Chapter 10 - Break A Leg
Bye For Now
WOAH
Chapter 11 - Lost Kids
Chapter 12 - Haha Very Funny
Chapter 13 - Talk The Talk
Chapter 14 - Battle Of The Axes
Chapter 15 - Acceptance Speech
Chapter 16 - Jealousy At Its Finest
Overrrrr
HEARTBREAK RULEBOOK
Power Of Persuasion
Chapter 17 - Thin Line
Chapter 18 - BYHRB
Chapter 20 - Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 21 - Too Short
Chapter 22 - Wanna Dance?
Chapter 23 - Crying
Chapter 24 - TBOTE Part 1
Please Read
Chapter 25 - TBOTE Part 2
REWRITE NEWS

Chapter 19 - Paintball

8.6K 303 51
By ariana-everhart

"Hey, how's Steven?" I ask Jacob the next day at school.

"He's alright now," he says giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. I resist the urge to rub my cheek and just smile at him instead.

"So what are you doing today after school?"

"Nothing much, a couple of guys and I were just gonna hang out," okay well that totally ruined my plan.

"Cancel it, we're going to play Paintball with the others," I tell him leaning against his locker. Maybe I could shoot his manhood while we were at it.

"Paintball? Sounds cool, I'm in," he says just before the bell rings.

"I'll see you after class," I say walking to my next class.

"Woah, where are you going? I'm in that class too," he says catching up to me.

---------------------

"Paintball huh?" Hunter says just as we pull up to the field. We had driven a long way just to get here and I was so pumped. There were about ten of us including Hunter, Ali, Alex, Jacob, Regina, Josh, three other people and I.

The rules of paintball were simple. You were either put in teams or played individually and you just had to shoot people. Once you got shot, you were out. The most basic game to play was 'Capture The Flag'. All you had to do was capture the opponent's flag and return it to your team's home base whilst defending your team flag. It also hurt like a bitch if someone shot a paintball at you while they were 20ft or closer. That's why we wore these masks things and had these really weird outfits.

We signed up and payed for the equipment and then were quickly divided up into two teams, five in each. I was with Ali, Hunter and this guy named West and a girl named Willow. To be honest, I'm pretty sure we stand no chance.

"May the best team win," Jacob says to me before joining his team.

"Okay guys, I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking, we're not gonna win," Ali says to the team.

"Ali! Don't say that, we do stand a chance," I might've lied a little considering the fact I also said we were gonna lose.

"Yeah, we stand a chance of 0.01%, round that off to one decimal place and it's 0!"

Huffing, I get on with team tactics. "They have more guys than us so all we need to do is take down the guys first. Do not, I repeat, do not, run for the flag, until there is at least one more person on their team left. Should we all tag someone?"

"I'm taking Jacob! I really wanna shoot him," Ali looks to me to see if that's okay and I nod.

"Willow can you take Regina?" She nods.

We then decide that Hunter will take Alex, West will take Josh and that I'll be taking a girl named Tabitha.

"Guys, don't hesitate to shoot an open target," I shout before running onto the field. There were stuff every, like tires and huge blocks to hide yourself behind.

Looking over at my team's flag, I realise somebody has to guard it.

"Shit!" Looking over at West, I beckon him to follow me. The game hasn't started yet but I can see a huge countdown thing happening on this huge board and it was currently at fifteen seconds.

"We have to guard the flag, screw everything else, take one side, I'll take the other," he nods and gets into position.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" A huge horn goes off and I see paint going everywhere.

I see somebody running straight for our flag but can't make out who it is and start shooting them. Okay, so maybe my aim was kinda shit and the paintballs were going no where near them but I continued to shoot them anyways.

"West!" He looks over at me and I point at the person getting closer, I don't think they saw us because they were literally not shooting at all, just running and that was kinda the stupidest move they could've made in the entire game.

West shoots them and I watch as they fall to the ground. The person flips West off and I laugh as they trudge off to the side and take off their mask. It was Josh. I continue to laugh and forget the game until there's a gun pointed at my side.

"Oh gosh," I say turning around and being met face to face with Jacob.

"Move and I'll shoot you."

"You'd be a good villain," is all I can get out before he kicks my gun out of my hand and pushes it out of reach from me.

"I know, I'm amazing right," he momentarily loses himself and I'm able to twist around and grab his gun pointing it upwards.

We struggle with it for a while and I know I'm not gonna win this. He was stronger than me and the gun was tilted towards me already. Just as I'm wondering where all my lame teammates were, I hear a click.

We both freeze and then I hear the voice of an angel.

"Let go of the gun and get up Jacob or I'll shoot you," Ali's voice comes from behind him.

Sighing he lets go of the gun and I grab it pointing it at him as well. Ali moves to the front of him and smiles sweetly before pointing her gun towards the Southern area and pulling the trigger.

Jacob'e eyes widen as he clutches his precious jewels and falls to the floor.

"What was that for?!?!?" He yells rolling around on the floor.

"You being born," Ali says before running off to retrieve the flag since there were only two more people left on the other team because West had shot Tabitha.

I try to muffle my laugh with my hand and crouch down beside him.

"Are you alright?" I ask trying not to laugh.

"You're laughing!" He shouts in disbelief.

"No, I'm not!"

"Yeah, you are! I can hear you!" He says looking up to confirm his suspicions.

"I'm not!" I say trying to cover up my smile.

"You are!"

"No I'm not, lets just drop this," I say because I know I'm gonna burst out laughing sooner or later.

"Help me up."

I grab his hand and pull him up halfway before pulling my hand back and letting him fall back to the ground.

"Yes! I finally did it!" I fist pump the air while a wild beast scowls at me.

I look away and back to the game to see that Ali, Alex and I are the only ones left.

"C'mon up," I yank him up not really caring and quickly help him over to the side before turning around to continue the game.

"Wait!" Jacob grabs my arm pulling me back.

"What?" Our faces were inches apart and all I could do was stare into his eyes. His beautiful, deep green eyes, if only he wasn't such a jerk.

He doesn't say anything but I can see his eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips. Oh no. I was not kissing this narcissistic jerk again even though the first time was amazing.

"Jacob I have a game to finish," I pull away ignoring his protests and run for the flag since Ali was keeping Alex busy. I get the other team's home base and pull their flag out of the ground and make a dash for my base. I hear shouts of encouragement from my team members and get to the base just before getting shot by a paintball.

"So close!" I hear Alex shout before my team engulfs me in a hug. Now all I can hear is the ending of Dora where she's singing that song like, 'we did it, we did it, we did it yeah, lo hicomis, we did it,' oh my gosh what was wrong with me.

I'm pulled back to reality when two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. "Good job, Riley," Jacob says. I twist around and give him a hug, "I guess the best team won."

He pulls me closer, "you know, my lips aren't going to kiss themselves."

"There's a first time for everything."

Day 1 of 'BYHRB Revenge' was complete.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Vote please!

Also, if you're bothered, please go through my chpaters and vote for them.

This is completely unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 9.4K 25
Riley Brown. The name sends chills down the spines of her classmates. But that doesn't mean she's evil, in fact, she's very fun and brave behind that...
452K 12.6K 46
❝It's time to let love overwhelm me.❞ Dark Brown hair, a cute face, and eyes that pierce through your heart. Ivan John Anderson had it all. Except lo...
2.7M 72.7K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
182K 4.3K 69
Jo Carter, is a teenage girl that lives in New York, she's sarcastic, funny and not your typical girly-girl type but she's a bad bitch for sure. She...