bandages || calum hood

By indolentcth

❝i don't know whether it was the way she bit her bottom lip in concentration, her eyebrows furrowed to focus... More

bandages || c.h
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five

eighteen

9.9K 348 61
By indolentcth

im kinda happy that everyone in this story is fighting....oops.

calum

"Mother." Belle clenched her fists to her side, a strand of pure black hair falling onto the side of her face. Belle represented her mother only a little bit due to their hair color and slim face shape. Her mother was hard to relate to Belle since the wrinkles on her face contrasted with Belle's youthful one.

"I've warned you many times about not getting involved with the wrong crowd, Belle. You need to get all As and be the top in class and look what is happening now. You are sneaking out, and look at this boy you are with. He is full of tattoos." Belle's mother eyed me up and down before taking a deep breath as if that would calm her down.

"I am trying my hardest to get the best grades I can. Don't judge him like-." Belle stopped at mid-sentence and darted her eyes towards the floor. An eerie silence took over the room as Belle's mother cleared her throat. "Yes mother. I am sorry for talking back and damaging my influences."

It was as if an unknown shift took over Belle's mind when she stopped the bickering all at once and apologized. Belle's mother held her head up high before clucking her tongue.

"I want your phone, computer, and you shall not leave this house without my approval, do you understand?" Belle's mother tucked a piece of dark hair behind her ear and turned away from Belle. "We will discuss your other punishments later."

The way she treated Belle was irritating due to the amount of superiority she had on Belle. The white walls in the room seemed the enclose into the short space between us.

"As for you." Belle's mother pointed to me, her manicured hand directed in front of my face. "I want you to stay away from my daughter or else I will ban Belle from ever exiting the house again."

~*~*~*

I was never Romeo material. I never knew how love would make you do the stupidest things for the girl you loved because I never knew how it felt like to love. Sure, I've had crushes before, hell, Belle was my most major crush yet. But in the end of the day, I can't find myself to love someone.

I haven't talked to Belle in a week. Our awkward exchanges at school were the closest things we've had to communication. It was like that game plague that everyone played in elementary school. She intentionally avoided me, acting as scathing as her mother. I never did anything about it though. There was no point in fighting for someone who wasn't mine in the first place.

"We're going out tonight." Michael grabbed his keys, leading Alice to the front door as she strutted in her ruby colored heels.

"Are you staying out the entire night?" My phone flipped in between my fingers as I blankly stared at the ceiling.

"Sure." With that, the door slammed shut, leaving me completely alone in the dark. Michael and I have distanced, a lot, and I felt like I was incapable of doing anything about it.

The orange juice stayed still in my glass as I watched it with the little light that the moon provided. My eyelids were feeling heavy, the thoughts in my brain finally calming down. A soft knock on the door interrupted my peace, waking me up in a light manner. Groggily, I walked to the door, opening it the slightest.

"What the fuck happened?" Rose barged in, not even waiting for me to comprehend her presence.

"What?" My head was aching from the hangover I was going through, and Rose was not helping with the pain.

"You aren't hanging out at Belle's house anymore, and Belle has gone SBIHNSL." Rose widened her light brown eyes, emphasizing her exclamation.

"What the fuck is SBIHNSL?" I was not in the mood for her light hearted bullshit, for Rose never understood what relationships were like. I doubt she's been in a relationship before -I am not being an asshole- but she seems to be rather naïve with the situation.

"Studying Because I Have No Social Life. Dude, you should know this by now. I mean, Belle is that type of person. Don't you know anything about her?" Rose pulled down on her gray beanie as she shivered from the breeze. She crossed her arms and huddled in her leather jacket, squishing her legs together for warmth.

"Apparently I don't," I muttered, pulling out another bottle of beer from the fridge. Rose furrowed her eyebrows as she observed me pacing back and forth.

"What exactly happened?" She surprised me by pulling out a beer for herself, twisting the cap open as she sipped out without cringing.

"Aren't you underaged?" I gestured towards the beer in her small hands. Rose waved it off, drinking some more.

"You are underaged also. Trust me, I used to drink my problems away. If anything, I would most likely die because of it." Rose exhaled as she breathed in the toxic scent.

"Do you smoke also?" Pulling out my box of cigarettes, I tossed it on the table for her to see.

"Only a few times when I'm stressed, and I first smoked because my ex-boyfriend made me try it. I didn't know you smoked." Rose took out a cigarette from the fresh pack, lighting it in between her fingers.

"I stopped smoking for a while, but I'm getting back into the whole thing. Didn't you say that you only smoked when you were stressed." I mimicked her actions and blew the smoke out of my lips. Rose pulled out her cigarette, shrugging as she turned to me.

"You know, you aren't the only one with problems in this world." Rose continued to smoke like I was, the room being blurred out with our smoke. "So what happened with Belle?"

"Aren't you supposed to know this? I thought you two were best friends." My harsh tone didn't seem to affect her as she barely made the effort to talk back to me.

"She wasn't allowed to hangout. It was the Wicked Witch of the West, right?" She blew out smoke into the ceiling before facing me.

"Yeah, she has to be a fucking pushover and follow whatever her fucking mom says," I spat, pulling out another cigarette to light.

"You are just going to have to deal with that side of her." Rose crushed the cigarette on the ashtray and pierced her light brown eyes into mine. "Hell, it isn't even a side to her. It is a fake mask that she built, so no matter what, never let her act that way around you. If she does, she will never go back."

~*~*~*

Sniffling, I crumpled up the piece of tissue and aimed for the trash can. Blankets surrounded me as my laptop warmed up my stomach as it laid on top. I texted a few people -most of them were asking if I was okay because I've skipped school the entire week- justifying that I was certainly not dead or kidnapped. All of Belle's group checked up on me through text, except Belle herself.

"What happened to you?" Michael entered the room, surprisingly without Alice attached to his side. His red hair was damp from his shower as he rubbed his towel to dry him up.

"Sick." I blew into another tissue and wrapped another blanket around me. To be honest, I was pissed off that Michael just noticed that I have been home the entire week.

"Where's your girlfriend? Isn't she supposed to take care of you?" Michael sneezed as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"We aren't talking anymore."

"Did you take medicine?" He meandered towards the medicine cabinet and pulled out a set of pills. Michael filled a cup with water to hand to me as he felt my forehead.

"Not yet."

"Dude your forehead is fucking burning. Here, go to your room and don't go out tonight." Michael aided me towards me room, cursing as he accidentally made my head hit the doorframe.

"Ow Michael." I flinched at the throbbing pain as Michael tucked me into the cold sheets of my bed.

"Sorry Cal. When did you get sick?" Michael soaked a face towel in ice cold water and spread it onto my forehead. His kind attitude was frightening me since he was just ignoring me a few hours ago.

"A few days ago." I sniffled and let out a few coughs while Michael patted my back.

"Kid, wanna just have a movie day? I don't trust you alone when you are this sick." Michael gestured for me to scoot over as he laid down with me.

"I thought we ended that nickname three years ago," I groaned as my eyes watered due to my temperature.

"Too bad, kid." Michael slightly punched my arm and handed me a bottle of water. "Too bad."

~

ew fucking ew to the ew this chapter was so short...im sorry. ive been really busy so yeah.

~kat hoodings

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 948 27
I was about rounding the corner when I collided with someone again I looked up as luck was not on my side I was meet a pair of hazel eyes which belo...
64.2K 2K 26
~Completed~ "Why are you being so shy?" He whispered. "I've seen, kissed, tasted every inch of your body. There is nothing to hide." I averted my e...
13K 1.2K 24
My fist clenched against the edge of the table when he pushed a hair strand behind her ear and leaned closer, what the fuck!! Why she is not pushing...