Even if it's none out of nine...

By Yoongay-G-U-STD

As their souls die in one world, it enters another; the cycle occurring a total of nine times, giving a soul... More

[note; happy birthday]
[IMPORTANT] WARNINGS⚠️
If I knew what happened to our souls after we die,
then my only wish would have been to not have yours fated with mine.
I'd hope to not see you in my next lifetime;
but, each time, we find each other,
always in a state of hopeless love and painful partings.
Though, each time, I love you.

And, even if all nine end with unhappiness,

297 25 178
By Yoongay-G-U-STD

Taehyung considers himself to be a good witch hunter. He's found many witches on his duty that many of his colleagues have overlooked, and had them burned in front of the whole town — to show others how it would end if they continue to harm the people with their dark magic and evil intentions.

So, just like usual, on duty, he's carefully searching through the part of the woods he doesn't think he's gotten to. It's south of the city — a big area filled with trees and surrounded by many legends. And, since the witch-hunters only started their association a few years ago, they are only now getting to some parts of the edges.

Over the years, just from their existence and the first showcase of punishment towards the witches, the number of witches found in their later hunts decreased by a lot. But, a few who think they can get away and stay hidden remain.

So, on the search for those witches, Taehyung sets off to a part of the woods that his higher up, the head of the Witch-Hunting Association, Kim Seokjin, has assigned to him.

He himself uses a little bit of magic, but not the dark magic that witches use. The magic he uses is a higher form of normal magic, light magic, taught through special books that are hard to come by. Taehyung had luckily gotten to read one on his trip to his relative's home when he was younger.

But, the ones witches use are dangerous. They change the balance of the world, slowly ruining it so that it collapses in the end.

There's a rustle of bushes behind him, making him jolt -- he hadn't sensed anything? He quickly turns around to see what it is, but his eyes land on a soft little rabbit, who's looking at him warily.

Normally, the first reaction with civilians would be a sigh of relief, but as a witch hunter, Taehyung's eyes sharpen, using a little magic to sense something in the rabbit -- which was still looking at him.

He turns around, acting as if he ignored it, but keeping track of its movement. Trying to sense it is weird. There's nothing in the bunny. But, that's what makes it weirder. Normal living things have a spark of something in them, but it's almost like there's a barrier in this one. So, he knows, he knows it'll lead him to a witch. Putting a barrier around your inner spark is a very easy sneak spell, even Taehyung knows how to do it.

So, he walks away, and instead of tracking the spark, he's tracking the absence of it.

And, quickly enough, he appears in front of a hut hidden away in a clearing in the middle of the woods. And, without warning, his eyes land right on a little pot outside, boiling with some magical potion, no person around to attend it.

The weird thing is -- he can see it. But, he doesn't feel a thing out of place. His magic is telling him this is still a lot of woods, but he can see that it isn't. The camouflage spell is far better than anything he's ever seen, it's harder to master, though -- much harder than the concealing of a spark.

And, right then, the door to the hut opens, and a man walks right out, humming happily with a bowl of food. He comes to a sudden stop at the sight of Taehyung.

Taehyung doesn't leave any time to waste, he charges right up to the man -- ignoring the sigh of defeat that left him -- and puts him under a chaining spell -- the hardest spell he's ever learned, but he's one of the few who have mastered it. The man looks so defeated -- like he's accepted it.

"So, my turn has come," he just mutters, eyes cast down. "Am I at least allowed to request--"

"No." Taehyung voices sternly. He doesn't fall for these tricks. Witches are deceptive, willing to do anything to escape. "You won't trick me with that."

The man finally looks up at Taehyung, eyes glistening.

Taehyung is struck.

"I'll kill-- I'll--" What?

Why can't he say it? He's been easily able to kill difficult witches in the past.

Why does he suddenly feel like crying?

"I-- I--" He keeps stuttering, eyes welling up with tears, a deep ache in his heart. "What the fuck is this? What did you do to me?" He says, knowing it has to be the witch. It always is.

His eyes shine with true confusion. "What do you mean? The only spell activated of mine currently is the camouflage."

Taehyung doesn't want to believe it, he doesn't. But, he just used a truth spell, that he could feel seep into the witch. The witch is speaking the truth.

Like he's fighting with himself, he takes a step back, but it hurts even more, and before he knows it, he starts crying, eyes still looking into the witch's -- feeling something he never has before, not even with the euphoria that comes through certain magic.

He quickly wipes them away. He wants to say something -- words are fighting inside of him, but he-- he doesn't know what they are.

"What the hell?" He cries out in frustration, wanting to tear their gaze, but he can't. He unknowingly takes a step closer. And, he also just realizes, a witch with this level of power could've easily broken past his binding spell -- but he hasn't. Why? Why?

"Are you..." The witch starts and Taehyung wants to tell him, no, don't do this to me, it's a trick, all of it. But, he's lost -- his head throbs, heart thudding so fast, and his chest is strangely warm. "Are you also... feeling that?"

What?

He looks at the witch with wonder. "What?"

"I don't— I don't know. The moment I saw you, I think — ahh, your stupid truth spell is still active — I think, I feel like I'm sick. My body is out of equilibrium. Do you... do you feel it too?"

"I'm so confused. Are you just messing with me? How strong are you?" Taehyung asks, and for the first time in his career, he feels helpless. What is happening to him?

The man shakes his head, "No... I'm not that strong. The strongest spell I can do is teleportation but I don't... use it. I don't like that spell."

Taehyung's eyes widen at the words. Teleportation? Then... this man, he can do all that that's under it? What the hell? And, he's never felt it from this area before?

"What are you cooking in the pot?" Taehyung asks suddenly, and he knows for sure that the witch is telling the truth. No spell allows you to fake being under a spell.

"Oh... that's my next batch of medicine," he murmurs, sounding a little embarrassed.

Taehyung can't move -- he can -- but it hurts to move away from him, so involuntarily, he takes a step forward, and his heart flutters -- suddenly feeling more at ease than before.

"Wait -- what was that? Why did that feel good -- fuck this truth spell," the witch sounds frustrated, but it sounds like he'd given up too, given up on running away, almost like he had been expecting this moment of defeat.

"Did you know? Know that I'd come?" Taehyung asks -- even the prediction spell is under the teleportation one, but it's a dangerous spell.

"Well, I didn't know. But, I'd heard a lot of witches were getting caught, and I thought, naturally, one day, someone would arrive in front of me too," he explains, melancholically. "I just wanted Jungkook -- who's my familiar by the way -- to live a good life after I get caught, so I thought I'd ask. But, I suppose, there's no system of the last request." He looks so sad, and it makes Taehyung sad too, but he doesn't know why. He's never been this empathetic before.

He takes another step closer, and now they're barely apart. He feels his body lax in relief, and once again, uncontrollably, the binding spell on the witch rises, letting him go.

"Wha--"

But, he loses balance, and falls right into Taehyung -- and by reflex, he holds onto him, Taehyung's arms also holding him back.

"I--" Taehyung stutters again, but he feels it -- he feels his heart warm, the ache leaving and relieved. He's so relieved. He doesn't even know why, but he feels at peace.

"You... were making medicine?" Taehyung says, his voice suddenly gentle, all hostility gone. "Why?"

The man can't help but hold him tighter, face buried into his shoulder. "I... provide most of the medicine for the town."

Just before the truth spell leaves, Taehyung asks, "What is your name?"

"I am Park Jimin." His heart soars in happiness when he hears the name, lips involuntarily going up into a smile.

"Kim Taehyung. That's my name." He says, and he doesn't know what's going on, but he knows that Park Jimin is an exception to all his rules.

Finally, they part, looking at each other with twinkling eyes, both somehow understanding.

"You won't kill me?" Jimin asks, and Taehyung feels his heart break. How could he think of doing that to Jimin?

"No, I won't. I don't think," he lets out a sigh, looking up at trees. "I don't think whatever this is would let me."

Jimin laughs, nodding. "I'm really hungry, though, do you want to join me? I've made enough for two -- the other is... for my familiar, but I can give him some carrots, he'll be fine."

"You won't mind?" Taehyung asks, suddenly feeling shy. He's almost just killed the man, and Jimin is inviting him for food.

"Not at all, please, you're welcome." He says, picking up the bowl he'd dropped earlier, picking up the food scattered all on the ground with his magic and putting it back on the bowl, clean.

"Wow, how do you do that? It's not dangerous magic, right?" Taehyung asks, he remembers reading about it, but he never learned that one.

"No," Jimin answers, entering the hut, leaving the door open for Taehyung. "I don't use dangerous magic. The ones I do use are for the medicine, but I use a reverse spell on that."

Taehyung gasps, heart dropping. "No... what? Why would you do that?"

A reverse spell reverses the damage done to the world -- can only be done by powerful witches -- but it takes away a little bit of the witch's lifespan. It's always a give and take.

"Because... this town," he says sadly. "Is cursed. For illnesses that always require to be made by dangerous magic."

"Who? I'll fucking kill him -- make him reverse the curse," Taehyung says, angry beyond his control. How dare he put such danger onto a beautiful town like this.

"He's... already dead... he killed himself right after... right... in front of me," Jimin mutters, eyes dull. "Even if he was around, he wasn't powerful enough to remove the curse. Removing a curse of this type takes power -- usually, the death of curses and magic fades as the person dies, but the type he used, he put a death seal on it. So not even death can remove it. We would need someone so much more powerful, more powerful than him, and I'm not sure a witch of that power exists. Even putting a death seal, I think he's the first in centuries."

Taehyung slumps, feeling like shit, his anger fading away. "So... this entire time, you've been sacrificing your life to save the one for the town?"

Jimin serves him the food, doing a poison checking spell first, making sure it's not gotten randomly spoiled, before sitting down himself on the other side of the small table. "I suppose you could say that. But, to me, this is what I've dedicated my living life to. I'm happy to do it. I wouldn't say it's a sacrifice. If I die saving them, I have fulfilled my purpose."

"That's..." Taehyung wants to oppose it, but he doesn't think he has a say in it. Even if the words he heard are sad, he's happy enough. He still doesn't know what it was earlier, what it is now. What is this?

Smiling at him sweetly, Jimin starts eating, urging him to do the same.

"Who delivers your medicine?" Taehyung asks before he complies.

"I do. I wear a cloak and go around town and sell them at a cheap price at trusted retailers."

Taehyung is surprised. "You mean, a lot of people around town know you're a witch? And, they don't say anything?"

"Until now they haven't... They are all people who have been helped, so I thought they wouldn't betray me. And, I still trust them. There aren't that many though, only four."

Then, suddenly, Taehyung remembers. "Wait... so... a few years ago, there was an outbreak in town. That was... because of the curse? And... you were the one who sold the medicine at such a cheap price?"

Jimin smiles softly, nodding. "Yeah, I thought I wasn't going to make it in time. But, I'm glad everyone was saved back then."

"You..." Taehyung tears up. A few years ago, his hyung had also fallen sick, the only family he had left, his Yoongi-hyung. He really thought Yoongi was going to die, but... but, Jimin saved him. "Thank you. For what you do. Really, thank you."

And, to that, Jimin shyly looks down, his smile not leaving. "That's what I'm doing it for. I'm glad to be of help."

Then, the rest of the meal continues in silence.

"Oh, don't worry, I'll be using magic to clean up tonight," Jimin reassures as Taehyung goes to wash up the bowl.

"Jimin hyung, I found some wild berries today! And, they're edible!" A voice suddenly says, walking into the hut.

Taehyung looks at the guy in surprise. He's got fluffy brown hair with long bunny ears. The guy looks back, taking a step back in defense.

"You, you're the witch hunter I saw earlier. Jimin hyung what is he doing here?" Jungkook suddenly asks, sounding scared.

"It's okay, Jungkook. He's not going to harm us. We talked it out," Jimin reassures, using telekinesis spell to put the bowl at the sink. "Taehyung, that is my familiar, Jungkook. He can shift into a rabbit."

"I saw him as one. He's the one... who led me to you," Taehyung says slowly, looking at Jungkook. He's never heard of a shifting familiar before. "How can you shift?"

"Oh... I was cursed..." Jungkook mutters, warily moving past him to give Jimin the berries.

Taehyung frowns. "So many curses..." he mutters.

"It was the same guy," Jimin explains. "He was messed up. But, let's not get into that. I'm happy to welcome you into my home, but will you be okay? Since you won't be turning me in."

Oh, right. Taehyung thinks for a second, then smiles. "I won't say a word. And, I'll try and take over this and nearby areas. I'll keep you protected, Jimin. But, I'll have to leave now, it's past working hours."

Jimin nods, and bows. "Thank you so much. I don't know what it was earlier, but I'm very happy to meet you, Kim Taehyung."

Taehyung bows back, "You too, Park Jimin. I will take my leave, then. See you soon."

After he leaves, he hears loud complaints from the familiar, followed by a sweet laugh of Jimin's, the sound serenading Taehyung's heart as he leaves.

"Oh, Taehyung, why don't you drink with us?!" His coworkers and friends call him over to the table after he walks into a bar.

Taehyung politely refuses. He wants to get a present for Yoongi's birthday -- which is tomorrow, that's why he's here. "No thank you. I'm not staying long." He walks over to the counter and asks for Yoongi's favorite alcohol.

"Thank you," he says as he hands over the money, turning around and bowing at his friends before he leaves, humming along, it's quite dark out, only a few lamps lit up.

And, just then, a dark hooded figure walks past him -- across the street. He swings his head to look. His magic is camouflaged, which must mean-- Jimin!

He quietly runs across the street, catching up to the man. He seems to be heading back outside the town by the looks of his path, he's holding a basket as he goes.

"Hey," Taehyung whispers, watching in amusement as Jimin jumps in surprise, almost dropping the basket.

He turns to look at Taehyung, a look of sudden fright replaced by a smile. "Oh, hello, Taehyung. You were around?"

"Yeah. I saw you and came to say hi. Are you heading back?"

"Yeah. This is the money I collected. I was actually going to buy a few things for the hut, something for Jungkook too."

"Oh? Do you want me to buy it for you? Don't people question your appearance?" Much to popular belief, magic can't change any physical appearance, it can only hide the magical presence.

"I usually just take my cloak off before I enter. But, thank you for the offer, you can hold it when we go in. If you want?" Jimin jokes, but Taehyung accepts it, happily taking it off for him and holding onto it.

Jimin just smiles brightly, touched and amused. "Thank you."

After they're done shopping, Jimin tries to bid an 'until next time' but Taehyung shakes his head. "I'll feed you dinner, you can take some home for Jungkook. Come on. My house is nearby."

Seeing the bright smile on Taehyung's face, Jimin has a hard time saying no, so he follows.

"Welcome, welcome! Please sit," Taehyung cheerfully says as he offers a seat, quickly going and getting some food, serving them to Jimin.

Jimin blinks in surprise, followed by a soft smile, "Thank you. Please, you eat too."

Taehyung nods happily, getting himself a plate as well, sitting down in front of Jimin. "How have you been? It's been a while." It had been a little more than a week. Taehyung hasn't had the time to go visit him since the last time, but it's a pleasant surprise to see him here now.

"Oh, and I forgot--" he adds, now whispering, "Let's talk like this. My brother is sleeping."

There's a fond sparkle in Jimin's eyes as he nods, "Okay." Then, he answers, "I've been well. The usual, making medicine, loving nature, taking care of Kook. You?"

"Same for me, the usual -- work, and trying to find a gift for my brother's birthday -- ah, shit, I forgot, I wanted to get him something other than alcohol too."

Jimin evidently feels bad -- like he spoiled Taehyung's plans, and he notices, immediately jumping to reassure him.

"Oh-- it's not that, please don't feel bad. Can you help me figure out what to give him? I'm running out of ideas after all these years. I have his favorite liquor, but I want to give him something that lasts a long time." Taehyung asks, wanting to see the pretty sparkle in Jimin's eyes again.

"Hmm. I'm not sure. I don't know what he likes."

"He likes... cute things and music," Taehyung says after a pause. "I actually wanted to give him something artistic but I can't find the items in this town."

"Oh?" Jimin hums, ready to offer everything he has. "I can help with that, I think. What do you need?"

Taehyung looks at him sweetly, heart filled with warmth.

"Thank you so much, Jimin -- but, yeah I was thinking of something like this."

A few hours of the night pass as they talk about the gift, soon turning into something else that turns into something else -- all nothing but enjoyable. And, without realizing, it is time for Jimin to go.

"I'll send over the stuff tomorrow before dawn. See you soon?" He says from the door, smiling sweetly.

Taehyung returns the smile, so, so happy he doesn't even know why.

"Yeah, see you soon."

"Hello, hope I'm not intruding," Taehyung says, knocking on the open door of the small house. "Although, you already know I'm here."

Jimin greets him with a smile, his hands covered with oven mitts. "Welcome! Not intruding at all. We are baking. I could use magic, but I wanted to do it for fun. Please sit."

"Hey, Jungkook," Taehyung says, nodding and smiling at the introverted bunny who's been intently looking into the oven.

"Jungkook, haha!" Jimin laughs, "No, you don't have to watch it the entire time. You're so cute."

Jungkook pouts at him, "But, I want to see it change!"

"It takes time, Jungkookie. It takes time," Taehyung says, crouching down next to him. "But, I understand your excitement. Baking was something only riches got to experience until recently. Glad the world is progressing." He says, ruffling Jungkook's hair before standing back up and going to where Jimin is, wanting to hug him -- the greeting he decided after meeting him a few more times, deciding that saying hi and smiling isn't enough for both of them.

The warmth of the hug elicits a giggle from Jimin, spreading a buzz of euphoria into both of them, happiness engulfing their hearts.

"You've been doing well, right? I saw you dropped by yesterday. Medicine all stocked up at stores."

"Yes, I'm well. I did come by."

Taehyung pulls back to pout, "Why didn't you come to see me?"

"I did! You were sleeping!" Jimin defends, pouting back.

"You could've woken me up! I wouldn't have minded," Taehyung whines further.

"Well, your brother was awake..." Jimin mutters, sighing.

"Ah... well, then it's okay," Taehyung says brightly, hugging him again. "I'm here to see you. I have the entire day."

Jimin wraps his arm around Taehyung as well, holding tightly, his chest bursting with bright colorful feelings.

"Thank you for coming."

"Taehyung-ah? You seem much happier these days, did something happen?" Yoongi suddenly asks as they're eating, looking at him with curious eyes.

Taehyung was humming as he was eating -- having just come back from meeting Jimin in the forest.

"Nothing -- just... you know, finding peace in the forest."

Yoongi gives him a look, but then shrugs. "If you say so. I'm happy if you're happy."

Taehyung doesn't know when he wants his brother and Jimin to meet -- a little scared of his reaction as his profession antagonizes with what he's doing.

But, it's okay for now. He knows his brother will understand, so he will tell him when he's ready. The day will come one day.

Taehyung is very happy today -- it's a wonderful day. His favorite time of the year -- the season of strawberries -- has started. He's carrying a kilogram of the yummy fruit, wondering how he should portion them -- how much he should take to Jimin!

"We caught him-- we caught the witch! The one that's been cursing our village!" a villager says, coming in running and shouting the news to the neighborhood.

Taehyung frowns, dread suddenly tugging his heart down.

"They found him -- through -- through the witch's familiar, a rabbit!"

What?

Panic bubbles-- his head spinning as he comes to a realization, heart dropping. He feels it -- something, the syzygy of the universe turning into an unsettling arrangement of entropy -- there's something wrong--

Jimin--!

He scrambles -- listening to the chatter of the town, following where the news is traveling from -- finding out where -- where is he?

"They're burning him! At the stake, guys! Let's go, watch the evil be washed away from our town! I haven't been this excited for an event since the last witch execution!"

As he's frantically running -- legs using up all the energy they have-- trying to find Jimin as his sight blurs.

Suddenly, he crashes into a soft and gentle body -- holding him back. He's about to lash out, but he sees -- it's Yoongi, looking at him strangely.

"Hey, d'you hear the news? I thought you would've caught him since he was close-by-- but-- hey, are you crying? What's wrong--?" Yoongi just notices Taehyung's crying -- tears having escaped, looking at him with dread.

"Hyung-- I-- I have to go--!" That's all he has time to say before he dashes off, heading to the stake where they've burned other witches. He runs and runs, he knows he's run out of all breaths he has, but his head spins and his ears ring before he finally arrives at the crowd-- there he is--

Jimin. On the stake, tied up. About to be burned.

Hysterics -- Taehyung screams -- "Jimin! Fuck, Jimin -- Jimin!" He's crying, wailing, trying to push through the crowd -- but why does it feel like he's getting further and further away.

He feels warm and soft arms around him and when he looks, it's his brother yet again, looking at him with concern. "What's wrong? You ran like crazy!" he says, just as out of breath as Taehyung.

"Jimin-- Jimin!" is all that comes out of his mouth, as he tries to push through the crowd, paying Yoongi no mind, running and pushing -- finally arriving at the front-line, about to run up to the platform -- up to get Jimin back, to have him safe--

His arms are bound, held back, along with his waist. He screams in frustration. "Let me go -- let me go--" He hysterically cries, his eyes set on Jimin through his tears -- Jimin, who's looking at him with the same pain, eyes glistening, but he doesn't look scared -- like he's -- he's accepted it.

Fuck! Taehyung can't stand that look on his face -- he can't, he hasn't accepted it. He has to -- he has to make it clear to the others! That Jimin is good, his Jimin could never be bad!

"You don't understand!" He screams, his voice so strained, but they have to hear this-- "Jimin is good! He's--- he's been saving us all! Why are you doing this -- let him go!" he says with all his might, all breath pushed out of his lungs, he doesn't care if he goes mute after this -- if it means saving Jimin, he'd give up everything.

"Taehyung?" There stands the head of the Witch-Hunting Association, Kim Seokjin -- holding a fucking torch. "You... I can't believe you--" he sounds betrayed, like Taehyung was the traitor all along.

"Kim fucking Seokjin -- if you do this, you will regret it." He yells through his tears, his almost gone vocal cords, through his pain. "Please -- please." His voice softens, "Don't kill Park Jimin. My Park Jimin."

Then, realization strikes into Seokjin's eyes, he gives a slight nod.

Before Taehyung can process and fall in relief, Seokjin's eyes go concerned just before he turns to the others. "It seems he's been deceived by the witch. He's fallen under a spell to believe such things."

What the fuck!?

He flails, thrashes, but the arms holding him back are tight. He struggles, struggles so much, screaming the words, "No. No. No. Don't fucking do it, Kim Seokjin." 

The said man ignores him, stepping towards Park Jimin.

"He didn't trick me! There was no spell--"

He holds out the torch and says those fucking words he always says before burning a witch -- 'an evil that burns is forgiven when becoming light' -- he's never hated the stupid slogan more.

"Fucking bastards, let me go."

And, Seokjin tilts the torch towards the firewood, just before he burns them, he looks at Jimin pitifully, the witch's eyes -- now spilling tears -- are on Taehyung, watching him with pain. He shakes his head in disappointment -- and commences the burn.

"No--! Fuck you! Fucking stop it. Don't do this to my Jiminie! My... my --" the sobs are heard over the cheers of the crowd, so loud.

"Taehyung-ah!" Jimin screams -- in pain. He's also bawling, crying his eyes out, unable to wipe his tears but he sees his Taehyung's eyes -- his precious Taehyung. All of this feels familiar somehow, this pain, this parting.

"Taehyung-- Taehyung--" he mutters out his words, just barely. It burns, everything hurts. His skin getting incinerated, he feels his death slowly arriving -- but he feels the worst pain, is in his heart, watching his love hurting because of him.

He repeats his name until he can't -- until he's screaming because of the blaze, Taehyung's screams accompanying his.

And, soon, one dies down, only Taehyung's cries remain. He still struggles against the arms, but it's weak, his sobs neverending. His body goes weak, slump, tears still spilling, voice so raspy as he wails. He weeps, and weeps, murmuring just one thing in between his gasps as he sobs. "My Jiminie."

He can't even look up -- he can't. He can't bear to live now, how can he bear to live if he sees the sight of his beloved's ashes.

"The witch is dead."

"Shut the fuck up!" Taehyung screams -- with whatever voice he has left. "You hate me, is that it? You want to see me miserable my entire life. I told you -- I had it covered in my area. Why -- why didn't you just fucking trust me?! He was protecting us the entire fucking time. This town -- this town is cursed -- with a death seal!" The town gasps. "This town gets outbreaks -- ones that can't be cured unless you use dark magic. He's been -- he's been using up his lifespan to reverse the damage from making the medicine to save you all." He shouts, letting the entire town know what they've done, letting them regret. "Now, you've fucking killed --" a hiccough, followed by another sob. "Him."

He can't bear the thought without crying and sobbing so much so that he's too numb to even think.

Seokjin lets out a gasp. "Wait, you..." he seems to understand. "Fuck--" he mutters under his breath, remembering all the words Taehyung had tried to tell him earlier.

"Fuck you!" Taehyung screams, his voice broken -- the crowd silent now, the realization dawning on everyone.

There was no spell. Taehyung hadn't been deceived.

Taehyung wants to look up at Seokjin -- wants to see his fucking face shattered with his punch, but he knows if he looks up, he'll see the dreaded sight in the background.

Light sobs still leave him, still in shock. "I could kill you right now," he whispers -- that being all of his voice he has left -- his tone all venom.

He sees Seokjin's shadow nod. He can't speak -- and Taehyung knows why. Seokjin is ashamed. Ashamed he rushed, ashamed that he didn't believe in Taehyung, someone who he had trusted since the beginning of time.

"But, I don't need to." He says calmly, harshly tossing the loosened arms that were holding him back before as he tries to stand up weakly. His legs and arms shake, suddenly feeling warm arms steady him -- Yoongi-hyung.

He hears the fire crack and he wants to cry again. But, before that--

"I hope you die a death cured only through his medicine."

Without even having to look up, he knows the face Seokjin is holding right now. His head is probably down just like his own -- but from shame instead.

With that, Taehyung tries to turn around, the crowd making way as he walks away weakly, Yoongi helping him the entire way.

The walk back home was silent, not a word between the two.

It's only after Yoongi sits him down in his bed, he speaks.

"I'll get you something to eat, okay?" he softly says, but Taehyung shakes his head. And, no explanations needed, Yoongi nods, understanding.

They have different rooms, but Yoongi gets into bed with him, pulling him close. And, Taehyung can't help but let it spill once again, his cries and sobs muffled into his brother's chest this time.

When Taehyung wakes up, he's still in Yoongi's arms, encased in protection and hands comfortingly rubbing his back.

"Hey. You're awake already?" Looking outside, he sees it's still dark, the moon lighting up the room.

"What time is it, hyung?" he asks, his voice rasped and barely there.

"Don't-- speak," he says, panicked, before he answers. "I think like three in the morning?"

"Did... .did you sleep?" Taehyung whispers, his voice still barely audible.

"I said don't speak." Yoongi scolds, continuing to rub his back. "I slept. Then you... you started crying in your sleep, so I woke up."

Right. What he was hoping to be a nightmare wasn't at all one.

"Hyung--" he starts, and he sees Yoongi's deadpan face, eyes speaking the words 'don't speak'.

But, he continues. He wants to speak his wishes.

"I want to leave."

He knows it'll be a hard time saying goodbye to his brother after barely getting to say it to Jimin, but he knows this isn't where he wants to stay. The town, previously holding nice memories, now burning his heart the worst pain.

Yoongi nods, eyes the most comforting. He understands, he always has.

"Let's eat first, yeah? Then we pack up and leave, how's that sound?"

Eyes widening, lips trembling. "You-- want to come with me? But, you... you have an entire life here, a good profession, everything--"

"Taehyung, you're my brother. My baby brother. I love you. You're my only family. I can never leave you."

There should be no tears left anymore, but they somehow appear as Taehyung sheds them again, burying his head into his brother's comforting chest again. Then, he suddenly remembers -- "Jungkook! What about Jungkook?! We-- we have to go to him. Hyung, let's -- let's go to him."

With two bags and red eyes, Taehyung leads Yoongi through the woods to arrive where Jimin and Jungkook's small hut was.

But all that was left was an empty field. No sign of the bunny anywhere around.

"He's... not here. Nothing is here." It makes him wonder if he'd imagined it all in the first place. But, he knows he hadn't. He remembers how they first met, and he remembers that pain when he almost killed him, the same pain in a much bigger intensity residing in his chest now.

"Maybe, he left, too?" Yoongi gently suggests.

"B-but... he's so young. I wonder if he's doing okay--"

"Taehyung, we'll find him, okay? I'm sure... I'm sure he isn't anywhere in this town, though. And, maybe he'll come looking for you too. Let's go?"

Yoongi is right. So, he nods, and the two leave, with the moon hanging low and giving light to the most painful night.

Taehyung doesn't even know what to do anymore. He's leaving everything. Nothing is left in his life anymore, no job, not even his love.

So, even if he doesn't know what to do after this, he knows that he has to leave -- and maybe find Jungkook and fulfill Jimin's dream of giving him a happy life.

He knows everything he does next -- will all be for Jimin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 552 51
After eight years of wondering, Kim Taehyung meets his soulmate: Choi Lena. Choi Lena moved her entire life to be with a man she had never met: Kim T...
126K 9.8K 16
"P-Park Jimin" "Cute, your soulmate must be lucky to have you Mr.Park Jimin." "Wh-What?" "That'll be $7.76." --- In which soulmates are bound by red...
483K 26.2K 75
Jungkook and Taehyung are soul mates and married. Yet, there is no love between them. Forced to marry by their families because of rules of society...