EGOTISTIC | DAHMO

Oleh kimwig

"You're egotistic. You've always been" From being broken and alone to happily married, Dahyun and Momo believ... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: 愛してる
Chapter 2: Melody
Chapter 3: Congratulations
Chapter 4: One time thing
Chapter 5: Cheesy
Chapter 6: Kids
Chapter 7: Pathetic
Chapter 8: Promise
Chapter 9: News
Chapter 10: Code Titanic
Chapter 11: Hope World
Chapter 12: Doubt
Chapter 14: Genius
Chapter 15: Human
Chapter 16: Family
Chapter 17: Bright
Chapter 18: Comeback
Chapter 19: Co-worker
Chapter 20: Fine
Chapter 21: Vicious Circle
Chapter 22: Happy Birthday pt.2
Chapter 23: Big Three
Chapter 24: Secrets
Chapter 25: Chance
Chapter 26: Chicken Talk
Chapter 27: Smile
Chapter 28: Help
Chapter 29: Life
Chapter 30: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 31: Leave
Chapter 32: Shooting
Chapter 33: Jennie
Chapter 34: Family
Chapter 35: Dahyun
Chapter 36: Empty
Chapter 37: さよならひとり

Chapter 13: Elevator

3.2K 155 229
Oleh kimwig

"It's Chaeyoung's big day, hurry your asses up or we'll be late" I shouted, knocking on Nayeon and Jeongyeon's bedroom door.

It had been a little over four months I blew up on the news, causing my managers and company to freak out and put most of my activities on hold. I was running around in offices and meetings all day, putting myself and my baby at a huge risk. Anxiety was always my 'best companion' while I barely made it through each day without having a panic attack. The K-netz blew the issue out of proportion, resulting in the company to hold meetings four times a week so we could discuss about how my reputation was going to recover. All the radio shows and interviews I had to go to were too much and I honestly hated it. Apart from that, Momo and I stopped talking while Seokjin would always drop by Nayeon's house to see me, which would lead into fights and finally more and more stress.

"We'll be out in a bit" Jeongyeon laughed "In the meantime, prepare yourself to face Momo. There is no way you can avoid her today" she spoke, groaning when Nayeon moaned loudly.

"Just..get ready! They'll be waiting" I replied, fiddling with my fingers.

Today was the day Chaeyoung would undergo surgery to restore her eyesight and we all promised to be in the hospital. After finishing her treatment she was able to find a good doctor for the surgery, who so happened to be friend of doctor Min's.

Doctor Kim Taehyung, was one of the best surgeons in the United States of America and had recently returned to Seoul to work for the biggest hospital in the country. Him and doctor Min Yoongi, had gone to college together. Taehyung, though, decided to leave and continue his studies abroad while Yoongi stayed back and started working at his father's hospital.

[Flashback]

"The procedure used to restore sight is known as a vitrectomy. The surgery removes the jellylike tissue behind the lens of the eye and replaces it with a saline solution" doctor Kim explained and congratulated Chaeyoung "A few months after the surgery, your eyesight is estimated to be back to normal" he smiled. It was hard taking him seriously, his hair was a dark blue color and his arms were covered in tattoos, not that I really cared. He was helping my bestfriend and all I want is for her to finally be okay.

[End of flashback]

"Guys hurry up, everyone is already there" I whined, running in the corridors and finally entering Chaeyoung's room.

Taking a step in, I was welcomed by warm smiles from all the girls and doctors while Chaeyoung anxiously laid on the bed, waiting to be carried away.

"Good morning, ladies" doctor Min spoke first "Is everyone here?" he asked.

"Uh no..where's Momo?" Sana asked and everyone turned to look at her.

"She's probably caught up with work, let's start. I'm sure she'll be here in a bit" Mina replied and held Chaeyoung's hand tighter.

"Great!" doctor Kim exclaimed, ruffling his blue hair. "Chaeyoung-ssi, see you in the operating room" he smiled and patted her shoulder, exiting the room.

"Should we call Momo?" Jihyo asked and glanced at me "Just to make sure she's alright--"

"Sorry for interrupting" Chaeryeong knocked on the door and bowed "Doctor Min, someone is here to see you" she announced.

"I'm currently unavailable" he furrowed his brows and the blonde nodded, moving to shut the door.

"Yoongi-ah, we need to talk!" a voice sounded from behind Chaeryeong and everyone turned their heads at her direction.

I squinted my eyes and nudged Nayeon with my elbows "Is this Namjoom?" I asked and she gasped.

"How does he even know Min--" she started but got interrupted by doctor Kim, who came in the room with two other men in order to take Chaeyoung to the operating room.

"What is hyung doing here?" the blue haired man asked doctor Min, who shook his head and walked out of the room.

"This is a mess" Tzuyu mumbled before we all got kicked out of the room and told to stay in the waiting area while Chaeyoung was in for surgery.

[...]

"Where are you going?" Seungwan asked when I sat up from my seat, putting my phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

"Momo is here" I replied "She wants to talk"

"Finally" Jeongyeon butted in "Hurry and make up already. I can't watch my otp sink" she frowned.

"Chaeyoung should be out soon, you better come back with your lady in your arms" Mina gave a small smile and resumed her talk with Jihyo.

"Whatever" I sighed and made my way to the hospital's cafeteria.

The place was quite busy. People were seated in huge tables, most of them looking really worried and tired. I felt sympathetic towards everyone who was there to support a sick family member, friend, coworker ect. Eyeing all the families that worriedly discussed on their tables about their loved ones made me thank God for giving a chance to Chaeyoung. You never know when tragedy will hit you or your family and it's devestating having to see the ones you love being in pain.

Pulling down my mask and taking off my cap, I spotted Momo. The girl had her eyes glued on me while I was walking from the elevator. She stood up, a big grin appearing on her face when I made my way closer to her table.

"Hey" she spoke, helping sit down on the chair across of her.

"Hi" I replied as I struggled finding a sitting position that was comfortable for me.

"You're..really beautiful" Momo breathed out, scanning me from head to toe.

I hadn't seen her in so long that I forgot how fast my heart beat when she was around. 

"Thanks" I mumbled avoiding eye contact. It was all so awkward that it made me want to get up, kiss her face and call it a day. However, I decided against it. I'm supposed to still be mad at her, but as the time passed my anger faded away.

"I'm sorry--"

"I'm sorry--" we both said at the same time, breaking into a fit of laughter later.

"No, seriously, I should be the one to apologize" Momo spoke "I admit that the kiss I gave you was a way to make Seokjin jealous and I'm really sorry. Initially, I thought it would be just a simple act to make him mad and stuff, but when your lips touched mine I kinda felt it.."

"Felt what exactly?" I asked trying hard to keep a smile from forming on my face.

"I don't know..I just felt this weird thing I always did when around you" she said, hiding her blushing face.

"Always?"

"From highschool" she admitted "But, that's not the point. When you ran after me that night, I realized how much you mean to me. Seokjin was always a bit cold and..maybe abu--"

"Abusive?" I asked "Did he ever.." I trailed off.

"He never laid a hand on me, although he tried multiple times" Momo mumbled "Anyways, you were always so kind and soft around me and I first I thought I liked you as a friend. I later found out that, that wasn't really the case. When you laid beside me and tried calming me down that night, Dahyun-ya, I felt like I was at home. Even if we didn't know each other for that long you were something like a family to me, a family I never really had. You still are" she spoke and sipped on her drink.

"Sorry for overreacting, I just thought that everything we had was fake for a moment. I thought our relationship was based on lies" I whispered. I knew I was at fault, yet I couldn't stop myself from feeling betrayed when I frist found out.

"You didn't. I get it, it was weird and it probably gave you the wrong idea" the Japanese native said "We could have talked sooner, though"

"I acted like a five year old. Sorry" I admitted "With the news blowing up and all the stress I took it out on you

"We were both immature, at fault and..dumb" Momo laughed "Can I please hug you now? I don't think I can go another day away from you" she whined.

"I'll think about it" I teased and got up, Momo following behind me.

"You know I love you, right?" the girl grinned and wrapped her arms around my waist, leaning her head on my shoulder as we waited for the elevator "You're all that I have and I can't afford to lose you. Please, always talk to me about anyting or anyone that's bothering you" she spoke, implying Seokjin.

"I know, I'm sorry I even thought your feelings might not be true" I breathed out, leaning into her touch.

"It's okay, no need to stress yourself more" she smiled and dragged me in the elevetor, pressing the button to the twelfth floor.

"I missed you so much" I whined and attempted kissing her but failed miserably.

"This is getting way bigger than it's supposed to" Momo laughed and pointed at my belly before moving forward and placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"It's already been seven months" I mumbled "I had to make Jeongyeon run to the store every two days or so"

"I really wanted to be there..seing you whine about being hungry and later eating with you" she pouted "Atleast you're not mad at me anymore"

"I'm still mad" I spoke and she widened her eyes.

"Really? Come on, please don't beee~" she frowned and tried kissing my bellly, grabbing my ass in the procces.

"YAH!" I shouted "What are you doing?"

"What do you think I'm doing? I haven't seen you in four months" she smirked "Are you still mad?" she asked and pecked my cheek.

"No, I was just--" my sentence was cut in half when the elevetor stopped moving "--kiding.."

"Shit" Momo groaned and tried hitting the emergancy button.

"H-Honey.." I breathed out. She knew that apart from the dark, one of my biggest fears were tight and small spaces. This fear of mine had become an issue now that I was pregnant and getting bigger and bigger.

"It'll be fine, someone is going to help us out in a bit" Momo said when she saw me panicking "Sit down, I'll try find a way to get us out of here" she spoke.

The minutes passed seemed like hours to me as I tried not to have a panick attack, the hundredth one for this month. Closing my eyes I attempted not taking deep breaths in, we had to save air if we were to be there for a long time.

"Damnit" Momo hissed and punched the door, falling on her knees. She was getting frustrated and it only caused my anxiety to get worse.

My heart started beating faster when seeing Momo completely give up. I felt a weird pain in my stomach as I pushed myself up, only to fall back down.

"M-Momo" I spoke, my hands shaking.

"What is it, baby?" she asked.

"I think my water just broke"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

4.3K 199 6
Yunjin is the school's top girl athlete and hoping for a chance to play on the boys football team. Everyday she would get a letter from a secret admi...
1.3M 19.3K 109
⚠️I don't own any marvel characters, marvel gets all rights⚠️ ❕For girls but if your male, just imagine it as a boy❕ ✨Your the child of your favorite...
469K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
320K 9.6K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...