A Girl From the Past

By Apollona1878

He was so stubborn, adamant not to marry the girl he had never encountered with. She was left alone standing... More

A Girl From the Past
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue
Entangled with the Heirs and Demonic Lycan's Royal Consort

Chapter 11

22.5K 746 42
By Apollona1878

They were driving in silence. Savannah was frustrated with the situation right now. Her hot-headed boss just didn't want to hear things logically and instantly concluded whatever scenario came up to his mind.

Just like these people nowadays. Savannah unconsiously shook her head in concern, looking at the back of his seat with a disapproving gaze. Did he do that a lot?

Charlie was biting his lip worriedly, afraid that Mr. Hernandez may drop him off somewhere. The cat stayed at his lap, licking her own fur.

Mr. Hernandez was a businessman, and a successful one at that. With this rash personality, she wondered if this did happen a lot. She knew that every work need patience and precision.

He was driving at full speed, making Savannah grew worried but said nothing. He looked angry as he glared at nothing in front of him, seemingly focused on the job to drive.

A few moments later, they pulled up into a familiar area. The restaurant they once visited on their way to the business gathering, Savannah remembered.

It was night time, around the time near midnight, but surprisingly it was still open.

"Get out," Mr. Hernandez commanded with a low voice at the both of them, then without saying another word, he strolled in to the already quite place.

Savannah motioned Charlie to follow her, tentatively bringing the yellow cat in her arms. There was only a few people on the room, and luckily they spread quite far from each other.

Savannah and Charlie awkwardly sat beside each other on the seat across from Mr. Hernandez. She had checked her purse first, in case that she needed to pay for her food and Charlie's using their own money. Mr. Hernandez was still angry. He was a quite unpredictable man.

A waiter approached their table, and his gaze instantly fell to Charlie who was watching the whole thing in nervousness. He looked surprised. "We deeply apologize if he disturb you. I will escort him out this instant--"

"No!" Savannah almost shouted, glaring at the poor waiter boy who looked a bit startled. She said sharply, "He is with me."

The waiter boy gulped, he nodded at that. Savannah was angry, and he didn't want to tick off a furious woman more. They were scary.

So, Mr. Hernandez's guess was right that Charlie came from around that area. She wondered a bit about how he fend off for himself all this time. Did he work somewhere?

Mr. Hernandez was silent, taking his time to inspect the menu. A minute later, he ordered the waiter boy to write down his order as he recite them.

Savannah chose a few dish. Then, giving the menu to Charlie for him to chose. He looked reluctant, but Savannah convinced him to order something. She heard a small scoff and ignored it.

Charlie ordered the same menu as her after that. Savannah smiled a little happy as she recite their order that she didn't notice a slight glare of a certain person was directed at her.

The dinner was awkward. Savannah had tried to act as normal as possible, but she couldn't help not to glance at the emotionless mask Mr. Hernandez wore the whole time. It was as if he was deep in thought.

After around twenty minutes, they finished eating. Surprisingly, Mr. Hernandez still paid for their meals.

No words exchanged between them as they slowly walked towards the car, Mr. Hernandez leading the two with a cat falling asleep on Savannah's arms.

Out of nowhere, he suddenly stopped. Making Savannah almost crashed into him. They were a few meters near the car. Mr. Hernandez turned around and gave them an arrogant look, then he shifted his attention to a particular person. "I had been giving you a place to stay, food, and a ride. I think that's enough."

Savannah narrowed her eyes. She understood about what he wanted to imply. "So, you are dumping him here?"

"Yes." There was a mockery in his tone, he was back being a stuck up monkey poop. Savannah pursed her lips into a thin line, she needed to think fast. Looking down at the cat in her arms, she told him. "Open the car's door."

Charlie was confused, watching their interaction with anxiousness. Mr. Hernandez scoffed a little, then he opened it, thinking that she wanted to get in.

However, that wasn't what she wanted. Savannah gathered her things after she plucked the cat into Charlie's arms. She only needed to pick a few things and put it in her bag, then, she turned to face him.

She gave him a wry smile. "See you tomorrow at work, Mr. Hernandez." With that, Savannah dragged Charlie towards a nearby fence where they could wait for a cab.

Mr. Hernandez kept standing there, surprised that a woman would do that at this late night. Much less with a stranger.

It was almost midnight and Savannah doubted that there will be any cab available, or she could just go to a hotel nearby. She decided that she would wait for half an hour. If really there was no one, she would did that.

Mr. Hernandez was still watching them, a bit far away from where he had parked his car, the light was dull, unlike in a fence Savannah had sat, where the lamp were exactly above them.

Twenty minutes had passed. Not even a single cab had passed by. Savannah let out a heavy breath, glancing slightly at Charlie who seemingly a bit sleepy, but he still fought to keep his eyes open by his hand forcing them open. His other hand holding the cat that was sleeping on his lap. Another ten minutes and she would book a hotel room.

Savannah closed her eyes tiredly. To be honest, she was also sleepy and tired as hell after this day's event. She was almost drifted to sleep.

Savannah jolted awake at the sound of a honk of a car. She held her hand to her chest, of course she was starlted. Even more, after she finally caught who did that.

Mr. Hernandez had snatched the purse in her right hand, slamming the thing to his backseat, then went back facing the now wide eyed woman. "There is my phone on it!"

Mr. Hernandez just rolled his eyes. He scanned their condition, which honestly looked like a homeless duo. Savannah's hair was sticking in every direction, making her look like she had just got fireworks on her face. The hobo man was no better since he hadn't change his clothes at all.

"Get in." Mr. Hernandez commanded. Charlie was also awake due to the noises around him.

Savannah scoffed and looked away, arms crossing over her chest. "Why should I do that?"

"It's midnight, there is no cab, and quite dangerous situation for a woman to be alone." He stated, gazing at her like it was obvious.

"I am with Charlie." Savannah stood on her ground.

"Charlie?" Mr. Hernandez's eyebrow raised slightly, then shrugging nonchalantly as his gaze fell upon a nervous Charlie. "Oh."

"What are you gonna do if there is no cab tonight then?" He asked her.

"We gonna sleep in a hotel." Savannah said, rolling her eyes. "With my own money," She added.

Mr. Hernandez glanced at the purse in the backseat and asked her, "The money insidr that thing?"

Savannah just realized something. He just stole her purse!

"Give it back to me!" She shouted at him, glaring.

"Take it by yourself then," he smirked cockily, raising his eyebrow.

Savannah was tempted to lash out, probably throwing something hard to the ground to take out all her frustration or rather clawing at Mr. Hernandez's face furiously. Sure, she looked like an angry monkey when she was furious.

Savannah tried to breath in and out a few chunks of air. She closed her eyes, then opening it again only to glare at the annoying man in front of her. She wanted to cuss badly at his face.

"Just get in." Mr. Hernandez finally said at the stubborn woman. His voice neutral, held no emotion at all.

"No."

Mr. Hernandez just sighed and finally gave in. "You can bring him with us."

Savannah almost didn't believe on her ears. She looked at her boss, almost smiling, "What?"

"I am not repeating what I had said." Mr. Hernandez scowled. He tapped his feet almost impatiently at their conversation. He also wanted to get home as soon as possible.

Savannah beamed as she jumped from the fence, dragging Charlie with her. Charlie almost dropped the cat at the sudden movement, but he managed to compose himself and followed Savannah with her excited steps.

Well, her excitemen soon faded as soon as she reached the backseat door. She tried to put on an arrogant face like Mr. Hernandez's and an emotionless look.

Inside, she was jumping in happiness that she didn't need to spent her money on the hotel bills. She rather have it spend on food. Darn, food is life.

She shoved Charlie inside the car, making him sigh a little at her impatiency. Savannah got in the car as soon as Charlie had sat comfortably along with the cat. As for the cat, she may need to seek for a name later.

Mr. Hernandez started the car, a permanent scowl etched into his face. He should be the boss, and a boss control everything. Instead, he let himself be controlled by a mere woman. He cursed himself at his own stupidity.

In the corner of his eyes, Mr. Hernandez sneaked a glance at the two people in his backseat. Strangely, Savannah looked calm as she sat normally in her seat, eyes looking at the front.

They stayed like that until Savannah and Charlie finally fell asleep. Mr. Hernandez kept driving as his mind filled with a lot of thoughts. He was still pondering his decision over and over again. Until, he came into a conclusion.

The three arrived at home around four in the morning in front of the company building. The two were still dead asleep on the seat, and that was why Mr. Hernandez had driven towards Savannah home at fast speed.

He wanted to get home fast too. He didn't know, but he was sure that Adrian would be waiting for him. That was the thing that little boy often did, waking up just to greet him from his business trip. Otherwise, he would be upset for sure.

When they arrived at Savannah's front door, Mr. Hernandez immediately tried to shake her awake, poking into her nose. He frowned as she didn't wake up.

She was quite a heavy sleeper then, sleeping like a rock. Mr. Hernandez got an idea. He began clamping at her nose until she couldn't breathe. The trick was proven effective as the woman started to gasp for air, eyes open to glare at the perpetrator.

Mr. Hernandez pull his hand from her nose and smirked, then straightening his posture. "We are here, Miss Easton."

Savannah took all her things that was laying beside her, making a face while Mr. Hernandez couldn't see it. Then, she got out of the car groggily, still a bit dazed from the sleeping she just had.

She was about to open the other side of backseat door when Mr. Hernandez's hand stopped her. He shoved her out of the way and opened the door. Savannah glared at him for the sudden force as she tried to balance herself.

"Here," Mr. Hernandez took out the cat from Charlie's hold and dumped it to her arms, making her almost stumble again.

Before she knew it, Mr. Hernandez had gotten in the car, speeding away with the sleeping Charlie inside it.

Savannah gaped at the car as it rounded in a corner and vanished from sight. Shite!

Note: all my chapters are unedited. So, that means there will be a lot of typos and grammatical errors. I am going to edit/revise it after I finished the book. Just a little warning there. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 639 30
At the young age of eight Drew and Elizabeth get married. Their wedding is a mess of gummy worm rings, crayon vows and giggles all of which takes pla...
13K 507 22
Tiana Maconlay an only child and a daddy's Princess lost her mother at a tender age, Her father is the only family she has left. She is loving, beaut...
564K 15.7K 31
He did not love her. It was a loveless marriage to him. In his eyes, she is just a burden who cooks food for him. And in return, he will earn money a...
614K 15.3K 35
"Kitty please get out of the way. Or else-" "Or else what?" I was confident in myself. "Fine. You asked for it." With that he picked me up bridal sty...